Trailer Life

Vana Gears
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really don't know what my comment or question should be. I just really, really want one. Will they give us notice or just put them up and you get what you get?

Edit: I'm asking because I already have a blow up pool. 😜

Edited by Vana Gears
  • Like 2

I'm sure you've already heard all that anyone KNOWS about this, which is that the LDPW will get the ball rolling with a big release of them.  When Patch mentioned that it was a few months away, which might put it in the September-ish time frame.  You could watch the SSP thread closely to monitor progress.  It's hard to believe they wouldn't let us know in some way ahead of time; probably want to watch Patch's announcement thread just in case.

By the way, what a great thread title!  You've already got the pool?  Maybe you should start a blog where you review great products for Belli trailer life!

Of course, as usual, real life shows us the way

image.aspx?i=cover0121284.jpg&h=578

• Like 7

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I know quite a few that are anxiously awaiting the release.  Coming soon to a neighborhood near you:

trailer-park-4302.jpg

This is the only reason I'm excited for campers or trailers. Don't get me wrong, I love the houses and houseboats we have now in Bellisseria but it's all so.... 1950's sitcom clean and perfect. I would dearly love to see some trashy areas, or at least less than picture perfect (but perfect in its own trashy way!) While I probably won't be moving into one any time soon, I have friends who would easily bring some Jerry Springer to Bellisseria if given half the chance. I just think their potty mouths and engine parts cluttering the yard might have them bounced out before they got to plant their first pink flamingo...

2 hours ago, Vana Gears said:

I really don't know what my comment or question should be. I just really, really want one. Will they give us notice or just put them up and you get what you get?

Edit: I'm asking because I already have a blow up pool. 😜

I dare say Patch will let us know just beforehand. Read and follow this thread to stay up to date and for more information as it's released: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/435708-the-new-linden-homes-update-post/

But yes, as with the houses and house boats I'd imagine you'll get what you get... unless you abandon and play the house (or camper) lottery to get one you like more.

• Like 7

The Moles are working on the new Camper/Trailer area now on the orginal ssp continent. 

I'll be surprised if any releases happen until sometime next month. 

Snapshot taken below on 23rd August. 

New area dots.PNG

Snapshot below taken on 20th August. Just look how big the area has got in three days. 

SSP263 - 20th august.PNG

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

So I snagged a traditional in a great place (Walrus Beach with no walrus but still amazing) while waiting for a trailer and I have to say, I truly hope the customizing is better than in the houses. The houseboats get to choose trim, window shade colors and such. Houses, nope. It's my sole disappointment with the houses.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Vana Gears said:

I want a trailer so bad! I don't want a trailer after all. Man, I want a trailer! I really don't want one, think of the prims! I really want one. They are so cute! No.. yes.. no.. yes. ARGH!

That's exactly what I went through during the preview period. Then I went back a week later and looked at the inside of each and I was amazed, they are actually pretty large. So I decided to drop my house and houseboat, contribute those tier-wavers to my group, bought a nice chunk of land to plop my community place onto in my favorite continent (Heterocera) - now it's not "Yes? No?" but rather it's now "OMG! That? No, That one! No, no, THAT ONE!" :)

• Like 8

OH guess what - if your trailer faces the wrong way, there is an option to rotate it 180 degrees if you prefer! :)

Edit to add: Content Creation kit - OMG, WOW:

• Security System (expected)
  • Awnings
  • Bunting - multiple versions
  • Campfire - two versions
  • Fairylights - multiple versions
  • Garden heater
  • Interior lights (MANY styles to choose from)
  • Lantern
  • Picnic Table
  • Potted Plants (same as Traditionals, I presume - high LI)
  • Satellite Dish (! LOL)
  • Striped Chair
  • Tray with kettle
  • Road textures, and three other texture packs

Talk about under-promise and over-deliver.

@Patch Linden and Moles have really outdone themselves!!! <-serious exclamation point, which I usually hate to use, but seriously: !!!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I am looking forward to seeing what sorts of add-ons are created for these

HMMMMM.  and LOLOLOLO 

Not a lot of room really unless you pick a really tiny trailer.  But the area is lovely.  Lani (all by herself; she is such a smart gal) Is making INTERIOR modular walls -- mostly because neither of us like all the windows (although we love the outside look).  I am betting that the creators haven't LIVED in "trailer parks (smiling here); I grew up in them.   So a little more privacy here Jeeves!

But complex mock ups are done so it will be  a Blender day tomorrow. Honestly I think most folks (looking at the changes already) are going to opt for the "modular home" style which is very nice and certainly roomy and decorator friendly. Aside from a lot of windows again (hence some styling creativity is called for) that style should be easy to decorate.

Did anyone mention that we can change the ORIENTATION of the trailers?   

[Edit: You can only change the orientation 180 degrees, not 90 as I wanted to. Oh well. I can see there might be issues. Likely this is a "houseboat" thing for the most part. That is the chatter that we have heard on the forums anyway :D. ]

I didn't do that yet but will as Lani is across from a waterfall :D.  In some ways I am looking forward to the smaller plots with all the buffer areas as it is unlikely there will be any HUGE outbuildings going in.   Some folks on the 1024s have every inch of their land filled with BIG items.  That is certainly their right, just not my style.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that won't be the case so much here -- as honestly not a lot of lot left.   I can't really see any neighbors (or just barely and I can add some of those great 1 li trees my neighbor has) so I am very happy.   

Wolfington isn't the shining jewel in the complex that is the Trailerlands, but Lani has one of the nicest plots in the region so definitely staying put.  Was my second offered plot. The first had WAY too many neighbors in line of site. I remember those trailer park days and the old man next door who would come out JUST as I was getting in from a date ^^.  :D. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

I totally got a trailer ;p It's right on the edge of Lake Tatakaka where the river feeds in (love the name). Right next to train tracks too. He's a keeper! What surprised me was I went tiny home (Option 8) the customizing in all these trailers is amazing. So happy they did not go as fast. I should have known considering the LI allotment. But the area (GORGEOUS) totally makes up for any loss. Now I have to decorate and at some point figure out what to do with my other available land.

I just realized I am south of the nose drip. Since it's nature it should be ok snot ;p https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

• Like 4

I wasn't on online to today as I was not feeling well.  Reading my emails I figured I missed my chance to get a camper.  Feeling somewhat better this evening and  3 hours after the campers were released I decided to take a chance and try for one of the campers.  I logged in to the get a linden home page and was stunned to see campers still being offered.  I took my time going through the steps as I felt there was no way I was going to get one of these campers.  I was stunned when the page showing my new home came up.  I looked at the map before going inworld and find my parcel is next to a bit of water.  I logged in and promptly choose the Williamsburg and set the color decor.  I also have a lovely sunset view from the porch.  Took a quick pic to share.  Now back to bed.  I'll decorate later when I am feeling up to snuff.  Hope everyone is happy with their new home.  A big thank you to the Lindens and Moles.  

The Great Outdoors.png

• Like 21

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.