Trailer Life

Vana Gears
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

More Camper/Trailers are on their way. This time far up in the Northeast sector of Bellisseria (about 3 regions southwest of the Bellis Blues Cafe location up in Domingos), development has begun, along with some nearby Traditional Homes across a field and street.  Excited to see how this area develops out.

1.thumb.jpg.f170c828dfa7fe8b67582e5881fd1739.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.5de8f9ffdcaa05170b1026560c43d1b1.jpg

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Is that this one, that was just labeled TinyHouse at the preview:

1824595662_PopularCamper.thumb.jpg.16bd15d00c551baa569d607fa46f3738.jpg

When I was out flying around yesterday or the day before, it seemed like that one was super popular in a lot of the regions I was in - and most of them were using this white/cream exterior, though that may have just been the default for that style and folks hadn't changed it yet.  I think I ever referred to it at the time as the Winchester of the Cabins.

I tried all styles and it is the one that inside resembles a house most and that you MAY be able to furnish with things you allreay have instead of buying tons of Camperstuff. PLUS it has a nice covered balcony for rainy days ;)

I think I'll be going to stick to this one ... as I do to the Winchester when it comes to houses.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Aren't those GREAT TREES!!!!!  :D

And yes when I saw this model at SL16B I knew it would be the flavor of the month among the trailers. No contest. It is cute, has a nice deck and is very easy to decorate. The others ARE TRICKER. Still, I really loved the Chesapeake model  even way back then and was determined to tame that puppy into "livability". So far it is looking good although what I thought was a 5 li kitchen became 7 (I was just tired). The handles are optional of course but I am going to keep them ad the add some pizzazz I thin.  Looking forward to finishing the build tomorrow and getting to decorate.  

Honestly Lani would have chose the bright pink version of the Chesapeake, but I talked her out of it. No flamingos on that lawn LOL.  

VERY pretty picture! 

Oh, but I love flamingos!!  The pinkier the better :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Three days in the making (with only a couple of hours of that being decorating LOL)  I give you Lani's and my "Glamping Trailer".   This may take two posts for the photos LOL. 

1885999566_trailerlifeexterior.thumb.jpg.ea2783119aac7a597a6b16df1df3d9b6.jpg

1503604908_trailerlifebeer.thumb.jpg.7d25c2b0d5f1e2a39de7e0828d387a70.jpg

absolutely amazing! I just walked by and saw it, love love love! great job

• Like 5

1 minute ago, heartzwhim said:

hope some of you talented mesh users who can build walls for these campers, will place some on MP. For us who know nothing bout how thats done, would greatly appreciate it. 

Will be out later today. Need a break. Long days this week but fun.   The trailers are REALLY HARD to build for but the one most folks are using is more like a house so I am sure others will make some interior and maybe exterior walls and add-ons for them. This was my pick and my "contribution" LOL.  Thanks.  

• Like 7

Loving everyone's spaces so far!

I realized this will be more of a challenge than I realized because my idea of camping is NOT camping 😋

Don't get me wrong - I like being outdoors but in limited doses. I'm just not the "let's take a road trip and sleep under the stars" kind of gal. At all. I like my amenities. I've had one to many close encounters with poisonous spiders and other vermin although I have a few fond memories from childhood of the tiny homes of bungalow colonies we used to rent in summers.

Mmmm, maybe I just found my decor direction 

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, heartzwhim said:

hope some of you talented mesh users who can build walls for these campers, will place some on MP. For us who know nothing bout how thats done, would greatly appreciate it. 

I've literally spent all night building internal walls for a friend's camper but I'm about ready to pull my hair out. It's currently almost 3:00 am and nowhere near done and he keeps coming up with ideas I feel are far beyond my capabilities. But I'm trying! 

As for the second part of the quote maybe it's just fatigue but not sure I understand. Know nothing about how what's done; building or placing built walls on the Marketplace? I'm not an expert, far south of talented, and still struggling with the basics of Blender so I build out of prims in world in SL and convert that to mesh; that's as far as my building skills go. Others will probably explain things in detail but you can always help yourself by doing a little research online, watching some youtube videos on the basics of building, or taking a few classes in world at places like Builders Brewery that hold free building classes (and other classes too!) throughout the week. Beyond that like anything just practice, watch, learn, ask questions, but take the initiative to start learning instead of relying on others. It's how I learned.

If that's not what you were referring to please forgive me. It's late and I'm brain fried. Now I'll step back so those who actually know their stuff can answer. Good luck! :) 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

I've literally spent all night building internal walls for a friend's camper but I'm about ready to pull my hair out. It's currently almost 3:00 am and nowhere near done and he keeps coming up with ideas I feel are far beyond my capabilities. But I'm trying! 

As for the second part of the quote maybe it's just fatigue but not sure I understand. Know nothing about how what's done; building or placing built walls on the Marketplace? I'm not an expert, far south of talented, and still struggling with the basics of Blender so I build out of prims in world in SL and convert that to mesh; that's as far as my building skills go. Others will probably explain things in detail but you can always help yourself by doing a little research online, watching some youtube videos on the basics of building, or taking a few classes in world at places like Builders Brewery that hold free building classes (and other classes too!) throughout the week. Beyond that like anything just practice, watch, learn, ask questions, but take the initiative to start learning instead of relying on others. It's how I learned.

If that's not what you were referring to please forgive me. It's late and I'm brain fried. Now I'll step back so those who actually know their stuff can answer. Good luck! :) 

I mean  that some of us know nothing about building mesh  walls, or shells  for interior  of the campers. 

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

That's really the only way to retrofit -- either a house or a trailer. BUT the trailers don't have straight walls and the curves aren't just "part of a circle" etc. So yes, making walls in prims then exporting them making NEW walls out of mesh based on the prim wall mockups.  Then testing and finding out what went wrong, then trying again and eventually getting it to work. I originally planned to make walls for the whole camper but it became obvious after a few hours that the ends were going to be a nightmare and I would be beyond frantic and much older before I could get those correct.  There is almost NO jiggling room because the baseboards aren't terribly thick (and rightly so) and because of the curves which are sort of oblong curves. 

I also was not enamored with all those little windows at the ends.  Honestly the trailers I grew up with didn't have all that many windows let alone a huge slider entry LOL  so I felt a bit off-kilter inside.   Since -- as I have said -- I KNOW the first rule of trailer living (or shopping for a model as the case might be) is to find something with LOTS of built ins and storage as that is what you need in these really tiny homes -- somewhere to put all your junk and food and clothes etc.    So I made a full front kitchen and blocked out the windows with a faux "blind" and then made a corresponding blind mesh for the outside look.  Same with the bedroom end but there I couldn't think of anything realistic to deal with those windows.  So the blinds that show from outside don't correspond to anything inside.   

But it is way more USABLE now and it is a lovely style of trailer.   The really stellar piece of trailer modeling is by Lost Mole again, the big "airstream" trailer.  It is a marvel but my head hurt just thinking about styling it. So I really do look forward to seeing what people do with that one.    I was going to make some matching window awnings for this Chesapeake model but not that I have all the flowers and such I don't think it needs it. I might make a small storage shed down the line as every trailer park I lived in had one of those :D.     Will be fun to see what folks come up with.   

And here's a tip for folks that might want to try making some walls for the Chesapeake at least. You can make the STRAIGHT walls easily enough and add some wallpaper or color accents there and "live with" the wall textures on the ends.  And it might just be me not liking those wall textures LOL.   So THAT would be a great start for learning and give a little pizzazz.  Also of note, my door is a POCKET door that slides into the wall. I only lived in one trailer that actually had doors that opened (we are talking "trailer" here and not "mobile home") so I was going for authentic :D.    

Good luck with your building adventures. 

PS. If you get something you want to share on the Marketplace you just take copies of your build, change permissions to what you want, make alternate versions if you are going to do that and list on the Marketplace.   Most of the folks selling add-ons don't have demos out and seem to still sell so that shouldn't be a problem I guess.    When you get there, Torley Linden made a great video on the "Viewer Managed Marketplace" (pretty sure that is the title of the series) that will tell you all you need. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just though I'd throw this one in for fun, because the Campsite roads are the most fun roads in all of SL!!!

"Delivering supplies to all the new Campers moving into their new Campers!

Camper Deliveries

(Infinity trucks have cruise-control and speed-sensitive steering, so I'm going at it in the equivalent of 5 to 10 miles per hours LOL)

Edit to add: For the curious, the Chinese characters literally say "Second Life". :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 12
  • Haha 5

16 land impact complete with handles and room divider with slider and kitchen and ----  OMG LOL.     To be honest the handles on the cabinets (optional) only work well IF there is a room divider -- (LOD issues as they are tiny) - OR  of course if you run greater than LOD2 settings.  Not quite the birch trees but still good. 

Must be lunch time. Need FOOD.    

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

16 land impact complete with handles and room divider with slider and kitchen and ----  OMG LOL.     To be honest the handles on the cabinets (optional) only work well IF there is a room divider -- (LOD issues as they are tiny) - OR  of course if you run greater than LOD2 settings.  Not quite the birch trees but still good. 

Must be lunch time. Need FOOD.    

can't wait to get one, your kitchen was amazing!

Edited by heartzwhim
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

That's really the only way to retrofit -- either a house or a trailer. BUT the trailers don't have straight walls and the curves aren't just "part of a circle" etc. So yes, making walls in prims then exporting them making NEW walls out of mesh based on the prim wall mockups.  Then testing and finding out what went wrong, then trying again and eventually getting it to work. I originally planned to make walls for the whole camper but it became obvious after a few hours that the ends were going to be a nightmare and I would be beyond frantic and much older before I could get those correct.  There is almost NO jiggling room because the baseboards aren't terribly thick (and rightly so) and because of the curves which are sort of oblong curves. 

That's the part I'm struggling with. The request was for a bathroom, kitchen and bedroom with storage space in one of the campers that has rounded corners. Might be the airstream one I don't know? I've managed the bulk but those corners... omg. Usually snapping to grid is simple enough but having a hell of a time trying to align half-circles with cut paths to snap to the same edge as regular square prims. It's doing my head in. I think next time before I agree I might actually have to live in the place myself and get a feel for it first before figuratively bighting off more than I can chew. The campers I've seen are gorgeous. I'm just struggling to get things "just right" in any measure that I could consider letting someone else have. The next style of homes may be out before I finally get the hang of it. 😔

Do all the camper styles have slightly curved walls or are there any models with more straight-lines than others? Just curious.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

More Camper/Trailers are on their way. This time far up in the Northeast sector of Bellisseria (about 3 regions southwest of the Bellis Blues Cafe location up in Domingos), development has begun, along with some nearby Traditional Homes across a field and street.  Excited to see how this area develops out.

1.thumb.jpg.f170c828dfa7fe8b67582e5881fd1739.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.5de8f9ffdcaa05170b1026560c43d1b1.jpg

We had speculated a few times that that area might end up containing campers -- as well as the empty area on the west side.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

That's the part I'm struggling with. The request was for a bathroom, kitchen and bedroom with storage space in one of the campers that has rounded corners. Might be the airstream one I don't know? I've managed the bulk but those corners... omg. Usually snapping to grid is simple enough but having a hell of a time trying to align half-circles with cut paths to snap to the same edge as regular square prims. It's doing my head in. I think next time before I agree I might actually have to live in the place myself and get a feel for it first before figuratively bighting off more than I can chew. The campers I've seen are gorgeous. I'm just struggling to get things "just right" in any measure that I could consider letting someone else have. The next style of homes may be out before I finally get the hang of it. 😔

Do all the camper styles have slightly curved walls or are there any models with more straight-lines than others? Just curious.

Ooos this is just what I'd like to see folks creating and sharing since I choose the Airstream style myself.  Be nice to have a tiny bathroom and a wall separating the bedroom area. I know space can be broken up with furniture but how I'd love to have teeny bathroom!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

To be honest the handles on the cabinets (optional) only work well IF there is a room divider -- (LOD issues as they are tiny)

Can you explain this part in sort of laymen's terms?  I mean, tiny is tiny, so I'm confused why your tiny doesn't have issues if there is a large piece farther away from it versus if not.

I took some parts off of a mesh and now some other parts have LOD issues.  So maybe this will help me understand why.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.