Trailer Life

Vana Gears
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

30 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Just wanted to mention this, in case some of the new camper/trailer residents  have not noticed, the Sun Valley Camper has an adorable (hidden) deck extension on the house control panel.  We looked around our nearby neighbors, at all the campers, about 7 regions out and noticed no one was using this and wondered if perhaps they have not yet discovered it.

111610734_SunValleyCamper.thumb.png.34c578f913873ea2a88270352441c33e.png

i had nooooo idea! now i might use that one lol. thank you for sharing

• Like 11

Just starting to decorate a trailer - using the Shenandoah and trying to make it feel like a place we would go on vacation.  Keeping it simple so far.  Lots of stuff from Soy (I think I spent way too much today).  Also used a few things from the Content Creation Pack.  I'm sure I'll add more soon.

Excuse the photo, I find it kinda hard to get good pics in smaller spaces.

Trailer 1_001.jpg

• Like 27

9 minutes ago, Sparkly Rainbow said:

Just starting to decorate a trailer - using the Shenandoah and trying to make it feel like a place we would go on vacation.  Keeping it simple so far.  Lots of stuff from Soy (I think I spent way too much today).  Also used a few things from the Content Creation Pack.  I'm sure I'll add more soon.

Excuse the photo, I find it kinda hard to get good pics in smaller spaces.

Trailer 1_001.jpg

Love what you've done so far, Sparkly.  I had the entire Soy kitchen set up for 2 years in our houseboat on the Blake Sea.  Its a great small, low LI kitchenet, I wanted to use a different kitchen in my Williamsonburg trailer.  I'm hoping some content creators will do up some new smaller spaces kitchen/dining/bathroom sets in the near future for us trailer dwellers.  😉

• Like 9

i ran out of prims doing my moonshine shed and garden. So my trailer has only 3 fake curtains in it . But I have corn and sunflowers for my still

is a free moonshine taster on the barrel by the front by the road. If you don't like to get old school animated wasted falling over then best not to take and wear ok 😺

mollysparcel.thumb.jpg.54d3fd5facf8ac4013567dbec7f702ad.jpg

• Like 21
  • Haha 2

I'm loving what everyone has done with their trailers. The landscaping where the trailers are is beautiful. I managed to grab one in Decker using my husbands AV (he doesn't really come inworld) on a lovely little spot with water on 3 sides (one side temporarily as clearly another sim will be added. I wasn't around when the trailers were released so mine clearly was one that someone gave up. I have a houseboat in Alala with sea back and front using my own AV account. I live by the sea in real life so am happy I eventually got lucky after much trying. Might at some point give up the boathouse for a traditional as I just love the choice of houses. Decisions decisions 😜

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 14

This morning I decided to drive from my lot in South Lake Tatakaka alllll the way up to the Lodge. Did it! Easily, in fact and these roads are the most fun roads in all of SL, even more fun that Heterocera and easy to navigate, I think I ran into a dead-end only once (and it was a very short road). I just plopped a beacon onto the lodge and kept going in the genral direction (mostly north then east.) Though you'll want a quality vehicle (that likely does NOT use ACS scripts).

Campwich Forest

If you don't have a vehicle that works well on these roads, I recommend to give the Manji cars a go (try the demo in-world) - not as much because of their size and design, but they way they drive and region-crossing are faster than any other vehicle of any type I have ever used in 13 years of SL (like literally: half-second). The one I use (and pictured) is this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Manjis-TYPE-2-v-10-Yellow-Box/14686773 (And there are other, more contemporary styles - but you *have* to try them out. Srsly.)

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Wow !!!!!! They are all amazing!!!!! Question , i thought all the new linden homes house boats  trailors the prim amount were to be more than the 175 of the older generation as that was a huge issue when the new homes were released and the main gripe ,,,, so why are the trailors at the same primage as older generation ,,, with the land there could be so much one couldl  do with the additional prims ,,,, i am really confused by this .But they  look wonderful along with the land ,Congrats  to all  the  new home owners    hugs hugs hugs

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Wow !!!!!! They are all amazing!!!!! Question , i thought all the new linden homes house boats  trailors the prim amount were to be more than the 175 of the older generation as that was a huge issue when the new homes were released and the main gripe ,,,, so why are the trailors at the same primage as older generation ,,, with the land there could be so much one couldl  do with the additional prims ,,,, i am really confused by this .But they  look wonderful along with the land ,Congrats  to all  the  new home owners    hugs hugs hugs

My understanding is that the 512 lots with 175 LI would appeal to those that had/wanted 512 in mainland or wanted to continue to contribute to group owned on the mainland.  I may not be explaining it correctly.  Too many to's lol.  I think the 512 lots with 175 LI with all the landscaping that has been done already will be plenty.  I am sure to find out once I start decorating my parcel.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Along with Cougar's answer which is the primary one I think :D --- in order to HAVE all that lushness with trees and waterfalls and such -- the prims (land impact) need to come from somewhere.   IF the lots were bigger there wouldn't be as many left for all the flora.  I am building an interior so aside from plunking down a bed for sizing, there are only some outside decorations but I am sure that it will look plenty full and cluttered by the time I am done. And really the yard didn't need much at all to feel homey. I add some more trees  (five for two land impact) and a place to sit etc but don't think I will do too much more outside.   

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

This morning I decided to drive from my lot in South Lake Tatakaka alllll the way up to the Lodge. Did it! Easily, in fact and these roads are the most fun roads in all of SL, even more fun that Heterocera and easy to navigate, I think I ran into a dead-end only once (and it was a very short road). I just plopped a beacon onto the lodge and kept going in the genral direction (mostly north then east.) Though you'll want a quality vehicle (that likely does NOT use ACS scripts).

If you don't have a vehicle that works well on these roads, I recommend to give the Manji cars a go (try the demo in-world) - not as much because of their size and design, but they way they drive and region-crossing are faster than any other vehicle of any type I have ever used in 13 years of SL (like literally: half-second). The one I use (and pictured) is this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Manjis-TYPE-2-v-10-Yellow-Box/14686773 (And there are other, more contemporary styles - but you *have* to try them out. Srsly.)

Oh these are fab. Just got one. Keep your pets in! 😂 Love the headlights and engine noise.

Snapshot_004.png

Edited by Elyeah
  • Like 6
  • Haha 10

22 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:
36 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

My understanding is that the 512 lots with 175 LI would appeal to those that had/wanted 512 in mainland or wanted to continue to contribute to group owned on the mainland.  I may not be explaining it correctly.  Too many to's lol.  I think the 512 lots with 175 LI with all the landscaping that has been done already will be plenty.  I am sure to find out once I start decorating my parcel.

Yes, exactly this. I have two Permiums (and had a Traditional and Houseboat) - but decided to abandon both of those and donate the Tier-Wavers to my group, then bought land for the group and now have my Mainland Public Playground. I save 512 m2 on this account (only donated half to the group) so I could grab this camper. Now I have a "home" (the camper) and the public playground (A "shipping depot" where anyone can play and drive my trucks or fly my helicopter and do other stuff).

This is why the 512 m2 of the Campers is a perfect fit.

👍

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Yes, exactly this. I have two Permiums (and had a Traditional and Houseboat) - but decided to abandon both of those and donate the Tier-Wavers to my group, then bought land for the group and now have my Mainland Public Playground. I save 512 m2 on this account (only donated half to the group) so I could grab this camper. Now I have a "home" (the camper) and the public playground (A "shipping depot" where anyone can play and drive my trucks or fly my helicopter and do other stuff).

This is why the 512 m2 of the Campers is a perfect fit.

👍

Oooo now you gave me an idea.  If i donate my other 512 back to my group it releases 512 for my alt to get another  Camper somewhere else 🤔

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Oooo now you gave me an idea.  If i donate my other 512 back to my group it releases 512 for my alt to get another  Camper somewhere else 🤔

That's how I've been doing it! My main and alts pass land allowance back and forth like they are playing a game of Hearts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

23 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That's how I've been doing it! My main and alts pass land allowance back and forth like they are playing a game of Hearts.

There is an advantage to how those of us in SL for more than a few days have learned to think. Hahahaha!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I had done that when they were looking for the perfect houseboat.  Then the perfect home but right now I don't care about either.  So 1024 mainland. 2 x 512 campers.  1 homestead region.   Sorted!

(Unless 1024 campers come along and I have to rethink this strategy again)

• Like 5

I haven't had much time to really mess with the camper yet. New kitten is eating into my virtual world play time!

So far, what I'm finding is it's challenging because of the lack of wall space. The one I like best (not remember names off hand) has lovely Craftsman like woodwork but not enough places for furniture. So, I'm toying with other models to see if I can come up with a concept I like with those. Thus far, have a kind of trashy/hippie vibe going but not sure if I'll keep it. I was able to pass over a ton of stuff to my alt - being a gacha hoarder is helpful. 

Going to have to get creative and test my limited building skills again but I'm up for it.

Thought 175 prims might be too little but maybe not - these vehicles are really small, and as long as I find the right pieces and are prim savvy I can see 175 going far. The ones I rezzed so far really aren't conservative enough but I am sure I have similar pieces that have the same feel that will come in under the prim count most have.  Being on a nice piece of land with good landscaping and a scenic view already there will help a lot.

Loving everyone's photos so far. FYI I think I'm going to create a Flickr group for the camper/trailers later today similar to the one I have for the Houseboats (link below) so I'll post it once I have it set up. I think people find it helpful to see what everyone does with their homes and Flickr is a great way for others who aren't on the Forum to see our work too.

FYI if anyone already has a houseboat and didn't know there's a Flickr for them, please oh please join and add your pix! ❤️

https://www.flickr.com/groups/houseboatsofbellisseria/

• Like 5

2 hours ago, heartzwhim said:

you all are amazing at doing sooooo much with 175 prims. I suck lol

It's really just practice.  Finding things that are low in prims and learning to link stuff together.  It's also good to walk about and take a look what others are using you can edit on items to find out where to get them.

It's okay to copy and make it your own.  I have done it.

Edited by karynmaria
typo!
  • Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.