Trailer Life

Vana Gears
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

FYI if anyone already has a houseboat and didn't know there's a Flickr for them, please oh please join and add your pix! ❤️

https://www.flickr.com/groups/houseboatsofbellisseria/

I don't use flickr much anymore, I find it kind of cumbersome nowadays, and can never remember the ultra-secure password they insisted I invent!  So I hope you'll continue to post pics on the forums too Elora, yours are always so gorgeous.

• Like 4

Just now, Nika Talaj said:

I don't use flickr much anymore, I find it kind of cumbersome nowadays, and can never remember the ultra-secure password they insisted I invent!  So I hope you'll continue to post pics on the forums too Elora, yours are always so gorgeous.

Thanks Nika, and I will. Just haven't had the time the past couple of weeks. 

G and I literally are spending all our time with the baby cat, and also now beginning to start introducing her to our resident kitty which is a whole process in itself. So not a lot of time for SL. Luckily I work full time or I wouldn't even be able to read the forum LOL (my job is internet friendly 😊)

• Like 3

These 512's don't even feel like 512 to me, the old homes, those did feel like 512. The spacing, and landscaping for campers is like an optical illusion, but because it *is* only 512, the tighter prim allowance I don't even feel. For those who like big homes, I understand feeling limited, but I've always liked cozy, small spaces, so I'm just in seventh heaven now. I'm a little amazed at the well thought out planning with layout of it all.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

This morning I decided to drive from my lot in South Lake Tatakaka alllll the way up to the Lodge. Did it! Easily, in fact and these roads are the most fun roads in all of SL, even more fun that Heterocera and easy to navigate, I think I ran into a dead-end only once (and it was a very short road). I just plopped a beacon onto the lodge and kept going in the genral direction (mostly north then east.) Though you'll want a quality vehicle (that likely does NOT use ACS scripts).

Campwich Forest

If you don't have a vehicle that works well on these roads, I recommend to give the Manji cars a go (try the demo in-world) - not as much because of their size and design, but they way they drive and region-crossing are faster than any other vehicle of any type I have ever used in 13 years of SL (like literally: half-second). The one I use (and pictured) is this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Manjis-TYPE-2-v-10-Yellow-Box/14686773 (And there are other, more contemporary styles - but you *have* to try them out. Srsly.)

I have an Ise-Tan by them which is cute and fun, but no cruise control puts me off using them for prolonged expeditions.

For this new area, the Mudkippers by Arton Rotaru will take a lot of beating, small, cruise control and work just as well in the water as they do on land, they go up slopes like no other vehicle I have tried. No problems at all with sim crossing in them, I toured Corsica in one a few weeks ago with no problem and spent at least an hour on Tuesday exploring the paths and waterways of the new area with one without any problem.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/aR-Mudskipper-6x6-AATV-Off-Road-Vehicle/3313846

In the river:

web_5d83dacad9859c50ff000001.jpg

back to land

web_5d83db72d774f83fc2000001.jpg

Back on the roads:

web_5d83dbffd9859c5a5a000001.jpg

And if you really get stuck there is hover too

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, karynmaria said:

It's really just practice.  Finding things that are low in prims and learning to link stuff together.  It's also good to walk about and take a look what others are using you can edit on items to find out where to get them.

It's okay to copy and make it your own.  I have done it.

This! PS: Fixed the P in coyy after I copied it 😜 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When I said I was going "upscale" in Lani's trailer I wasn't kidding.  Day three and tired but lots done not just the kitchen. So maybe tomorrow I will finish. I knew this was going to be VERY CHALLENGING and it has been. But no major issues and everything went smoothly -- which is Blender is a wonderful thing.    I had my own criteria and that was very low land impact with very good LODs and pretty textures.  I grew up in a trailer (the first one was 8 x 45 for THREE people) so I know that the first rule or Trailer Life is STORAGE -- the second being BUILT INS.  I also made a storage for the bedroom (or office or whatever) at the other end -- and walls (not thrilled with the selection of inside textures).  I am really happy with it all.

The kitchen weighs in at 5  land impact and it will STILL be five land impact when I add some optional handles tomorrow. The land impact is coming from the physics because I wanted that to be right too. So you can sit on the kitchen counter without a pose or your ao on -- oh the joy.  Very few people would care but "I" care.     So I am off for the day and wish you all happy decorating.    

1189205519_kitchenfortrailer.thumb.jpg.2e2c0ddeb6c348be9f827571a5bc4a9d.jpg

• Like 16

30 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

i notice in my area that well over half of the people have chosen the Williamsburg, probably because its the most like a cabin

Is that this one, that was just labeled TinyHouse at the preview:

1824595662_PopularCamper.thumb.jpg.16bd15d00c551baa569d607fa46f3738.jpg

When I was out flying around yesterday or the day before, it seemed like that one was super popular in a lot of the regions I was in - and most of them were using this white/cream exterior, though that may have just been the default for that style and folks hadn't changed it yet.  I think I ever referred to it at the time as the Winchester of the Cabins.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Is that this one, that was just labeled TinyHouse at the preview:

1824595662_PopularCamper.thumb.jpg.16bd15d00c551baa569d607fa46f3738.jpg

When I was out flying around yesterday or the day before, it seemed like that one was super popular in a lot of the regions I was in - and most of them were using this white/cream exterior, though that may have just been the default for that style and folks hadn't changed it yet.  I think I ever referred to it at the time as the Winchester of the Cabins.

Yes it is. I wrote about it in my post a few months back and that was the name they had on it for the time being.  I'm seeing mostly the Williamsburg, which we also have, and a variety of other trailers are popping up more as people challenge their decorating imaginations. Seen some fantastic details out there.  

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

OMG I need this in my life! Where is this from please? Christmas isn't that far away... sadly!

I looked it up and sadly, it was a limited item back in 2017 and seems they all sold out, so its no longer available. Perhaps contact the creator to make sure all were sold, or if he has any left in stock.

PSC Limited Edition JawBone.

PSC Limited Edition JawBone.

This vehicle is limited to 117 units and Pre-Order starts 11/29/17.

Pre-Order Price : 1777L$

Retail Price : 2777L$

Pre-Order Now and SAVE 1000l$, plus be guaranteed to get one before they are gone.

All holiday lights are hide able. Other layouts are on display on the Pro Street Sim. All customization from the PSC tablet.

Pre-Order Delivers Dec 5th.

SLURL

maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pro%20Street%20Cars/173/14...

--------

In 2018 he had a limited edition of this Christmas Truck, so I'd suggest you keep an eye on what he puts out for this holiday season. Seems he makes exclusive items just for the holidays in limited editions.

PSC Vintage Truck Limited

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I love the outdoors.  We use to have a place at Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky that we spent every weekend at when the kids were in grade school.  It was a large vintage Airstream with a full length screened in porch that we built ourselves.  We had the time of our lives every weekend fishing, hiking, and boating.  Then the kids got older and became more involved in extracurricular activities.  We sold the place as we just couldn't go as often as we use to.  We continue to camp closer to home these days but it's tent camping and that is an adventure in and by itself.  The kids are grown now and when we enter the park it is a caravan.  We take up 4-5 campsites these days, and each campsite is maxed out at 6 people each.  I have a big family :)   Anyway, these campers are right up my alley.  I've started decorating, working mainly on the outside.  I found a really nice outdoor kitchen, because when I camp I cook outdoors, and I also found a covered eating area.  I have an area for a campfire/sitting/roasting marshmallows and smores, along with my beloved swing I place at each of my homes.  It's coming along nicely I think.  The tiny house will just have a bedroom and bath inside.  I may throw a lounger with reading material on the deck.  Haven't quite decided just yet.  This does call to mind many happy memories for me :) 

The Camping Life For Me1.png

• Like 20

55 minutes ago, ValeniaGoblintree said:

Was there not a big announcement for the trailers? I was checking the Patch threat and the SL blogs and saw nothing. I am genuinely sad that i missed out because i didn't even know to look. :( 

They are still doing more areas for the campers/trailers, so I would not be surprised to see either single regions released, or another larger camper/trailer release like this one in another month or two.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ValeniaGoblintree said:

Was there not a big announcement for the trailers? I was checking the Patch threat and the SL blogs and saw nothing. I am genuinely sad that i missed out because i didn't even know to look. :( 

There was a new update to the knowledge base, both Inara and I featured the upcoming release and info ===  and likely other blogs did also.   There WAS no "heads up from Patch until the release happened but there were eight hours to get a trailer, so in the scheme of it most folks that were REALLY paying attention got one.  Sorry that you missed out.

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2019/09/bellisseria-trailers-and-lodge.html

https://modemworld.me/2019/09/19/bellisseria-of-trailers-campers-and-trains-in-second-life/

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/linden-homes-r44/

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cougar Sangria said:

I love the outdoors.  We use to have a place at Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky that we spent every weekend at when the kids were in grade school.  It was a large vintage Airstream with a full length screened in porch that we built ourselves.  We had the time of our lives every weekend fishing, hiking, and boating.  Then the kids got older and became more involved in extracurricular activities.  We sold the place as we just couldn't go as often as we use to.  We continue to camp closer to home these days but it's tent camping and that is an adventure in and by itself.  The kids are grown now and when we enter the park it is a caravan.  We take up 4-5 campsites these days, and each campsite is maxed out at 6 people each.  I have a big family :)   Anyway, these campers are right up my alley.  I've started decorating, working mainly on the outside.  I found a really nice outdoor kitchen, because when I camp I cook outdoors, and I also found a covered eating area.  I have an area for a campfire/sitting/roasting marshmallows and smores, along with my beloved swing I place at each of my homes.  It's coming along nicely I think.  The tiny house will just have a bedroom and bath inside.  I may throw a lounger with reading material on the deck.  Haven't quite decided just yet.  This does call to mind many happy memories for me :) 

The Camping Life For Me1.png

Aren't those GREAT TREES!!!!!  :D

And yes when I saw this model at SL16B I knew it would be the flavor of the month among the trailers. No contest. It is cute, has a nice deck and is very easy to decorate. The others ARE TRICKER. Still, I really loved the Chesapeake model  even way back then and was determined to tame that puppy into "livability". So far it is looking good although what I thought was a 5 li kitchen became 7 (I was just tired). The handles are optional of course but I am going to keep them ad the add some pizzazz I thin.  Looking forward to finishing the build tomorrow and getting to decorate.  

Honestly Lani would have chose the bright pink version of the Chesapeake, but I talked her out of it. No flamingos on that lawn LOL.  

VERY pretty picture! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.