Trailer Life

Vana Gears
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

THis is so fun.  They LOOK like travel trailers but are quite large, on the order of 20 feet wide by 54 feet long and one is over 20 feet tall.  Should be possible to use them.  SL scale is kinda hard to describe but I'll assume you have all been in SL.  😉

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

THis is so fun.  They LOOK like travel trailers but are quite large, on the order of 20 feet wide by 54 feet long and one is over 20 feet tall.  Should be possible to use them.  SL scale is kinda hard to describe but I'll assume you have all been in SL.  😉

Yah I was pleasantly surprised to find how roomy they are when I went to see them at SLB16.  I mean I've literally lived in much tinier builds.  My avi is small (I like to think 'average' size) so the trailer feels just fine to me.  With the right camera settings there's no problem camming around and no feeling of being too closed in.   I'm jazzed about decorating!

• Like 8

OK. I cannot say ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT THESE TREES.  Three trees for one land impact?  Amazing. Long LODs.  I am really impressed.  I have to say too -- to be fair -- that I have some very pretty flowers from this same maker with less than stellar LODs, but these trees are great. Includes green ones for Spring and wintery ones also. The only downside is that anyone can change the texture on them which isn't that great but hopefully people won't do that. 

Edit: If that becomes an issue it would be easy to put a transparent prim over them and link two of those and turn convex hull (or use mesh prims) and that would only be an additional 1 land impact.  

Anyway here is the Marketplace link.Lani now matches her neighbor (so floooooow which is good) and hopefully some other neighbors will join in. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/1-Prim-Mesh-Birch-Tree-Seasons-Change-Set-20-m-High-copy-mody/10157287

image.thumb.png.6c8f79c3d002c7caaaad4dc6959d6f34.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4

So, this seems a good place to post pics of campers, rather than the home and garden. I've been decorating for hourrrrssss, but I am so digging all the beauty of the new area. I'm in nesting mode. I got the teeniest one, the Colorado, because it's just so cute, and also a bit easier to get a camper feel with it due to the size. And it's like a gypsy caravan!

Still have 60+ prims left, and I pretty much packed it, plus landscaping outside. I hope to see more of what others do!

campercaravan2.png

Campercaravan.png

• Like 30

14 hours ago, Ellen Cordeaux said:

OK content creators, let's go! Bring on the custom kitchens and stuff!

Yesterday I RAIDED Hive at her Market Place. Went to her in-world sim and GREAT LOD and very conservative on LI, wonderfully-decorative stuff that works well in a camper or trailer. But my bed I went with this because it doubles nicely: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/hive-the-loveseat-bed-cream-pg/9603216 - I literally bought like 25% of all their stuff! Hahaha

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Cougar Sangria said:

Hope everyone is happy with their new home.

This is an understatement for me! Hahaha. SO happy you were able to get one also. I knew they'd go a bit slower than the houseboats and traditionals, though I'm also not surprised that they are all sold out now. OH, for anyone interested in exploring the Lake Tatakaka area and all surrounds, I've put my car and horse rezzers out (and it's a Manji car, so easy to drive and control on these dirt roads, loads of fun!). Come explore! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lake Tatakaka/214/65/34

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

The only downside is that anyone can change the texture on them which isn't that great but hopefully people won't do that. 

The MP listing says it's modify, can you just delete the script once you've set the texture? (I'm not saying you should, I realize you may one to change the texture, but if you're satisfied with one texture, deleting the script should solve the "anyone" issue, right?)

OH, and thank you for the MP link, I was actually in the market for nice trees and was considering the Library stuff. Now I have this one in the cart!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

The MP listing says it's modify, can you just delete the script once you've set the texture? (I'm not saying you should, I realize you may one to change the texture, but if you're satisfied with one texture, deleting the script should solve the "anyone" issue, right?)

I had the same thought: I'd just delete the script. If I wanted a season change (unlikely since the seasons won't change region-wide), I could just rez a new one (and delete ITS script)!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I wouldn't even go that far, just stop scripts then run them again when you want to change. That way you wouldn't have to rez another copy? 🤔

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

OH guess what - if your trailer faces the wrong way, there is an option to rotate it 180 degrees if you prefer! :)

Edit to add: Content Creation kit - OMG, WOW:

• Security System (expected)
  • Awnings
  • Bunting - multiple versions
  • Campfire - two versions
  • Fairylights - multiple versions
  • Garden heater
  • Interior lights (MANY styles to choose from)
  • Lantern
  • Picnic Table
  • Potted Plants (same as Traditionals, I presume - high LI)
  • Satellite Dish (! LOL)
  • Striped Chair
  • Tray with kettle
  • Road textures, and three other texture packs

Talk about under-promise and over-deliver.

@Patch Linden and Moles have really outdone themselves!!! <-serious exclamation point, which I usually hate to use, but seriously: !!!

How do you get this?

• Like 4

I just got a trailer last night, I have had so many houses in SL over a period of years I kept my old Linden house as a getaway for a long time but never really liked it. I did try to get a houseboat with no success but have to say am really happy with the trailer.

Seriously thinking of giving up my house at Fruit Island as frankly all I do here now mostly is take pics, not into the dating thing any more (yawns).

Big ty to LL and the moles for making such a great job.

Big plus more cash for me to spend on items I will never use again lol,

As an aside? any advice for furniture stores for decking out trailer, would appreciate ty .

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RaeLeeH said:

I wouldn't even go that far, just stop scripts then run them again when you want to change. That way you wouldn't have to rez another copy? 🤔

I HATE YOU! *I* am supposed to be the GENIUS! 

No, wait, that's Genus head, I musta mizzpelledit. Sorry. :) (That is actually a fantastic Idea that didn;t even flitter for a nano-second in my eclectically-chaotic mind!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

I decided I just couldn't live with the neighbors so close in the houseboats, so abandoned mine. Went out to the home page and was stunned to find one of the trailers sitting there. It's not a bad area (although I can tell a sim will be going in where I have a water view right now), and I love the tiny house option!

Home_001.png

That's the only bad thing about some of the houseboats. One of my alts got one in the early releases which luckily faces a large expanse of open water on 2 sides .And since it's not my primary home - more of a vacation spot - I can deal with the other sides facing other houseboats. The fact that I can dock a sailboat right on open waters is worth keeping it alone.

The trailer I got yesterday (another alt) is a darn near perfect location also which I got just as as they released them. 

Now if I could only get a house that is on water I'd be set. I like the one I have as it's really private but one on sandy land would be ideal for me.

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I just got a trailer last night, I have had so many houses in SL over a period of years I kept my old Linden house as a getaway for a long time but never really liked it. I did try to get a houseboat with no success but have to say am really happy with the trailer.

Seriously thinking of giving up my house at Fruit Island as frankly all I do here now mostly is take pics, not into the dating thing any more (yawns).

As an aside? any advice for furniture stores for decking out trailer, would appreciate ty .

Soy had a gacha that was called Trailer Life I believe? Not too long ago. I'm sure the store has it there if you feel like tossing away some Lindens 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

It is not so much of the ordinary copy, mod, but two gachas.

DRD has a trailer trash gacha. Not so clean and pristine.

DRD_Trailer_Park_2.jpg?1535341013

Soy has cleaner stuff. Very nice kitchen. And it's not a gacha.

TMD-March-image-s.jpg?1523081109

And a gacha - my trailer life. The trailer itself is the rare, so no need to buy it. We only need the stuff to put in.

soy_0316-001.jpg?1487777861

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It is not so much of the ordinary copy, mod, but two gachas.

DRD has a trailer trash gacha. Not so clean and pristine.

DRD_Trailer_Park_2.jpg?1535341013

Soy has cleaner stuff. Very nice kitchen. And it's not a gacha.

TMD-March-image-s.jpg?1523081109

And a gacha - my trailer life. The trailer itself is the rare, so no need to buy it. We only need the stuff to put in.

soy_0316-001.jpg?1487777861

Haha we cross posted :)

I may have that DRD stuff too - gotta check inventory!

• Like 7

Likely searching  for "trailer" and choosing TRANSFER in the Marketplace will get you a big list of compatible clutter.   The actual trailer style trailers have rounded and or curved walls which makes furniture placement tricky in some areas.  Looking forward to seeing what folks do with their plots --- as always.  

I had a plan of course but that was before I saw how things are set out.  It is way too pretty  IMO to trash out. LOL.  Lani's place is on a hill across from a waterfall area and  surrounded by very pretty trees (plus some new ones of my own) so Imma gonna go upscale.    I AM using the Chesapeak and not the flavor of the month modular home (forgot its name) so THAT can be my difference I guess.   Definitely challenging.  

EDIT: I lied. There IS an air conditioner on the Chesapeak already. Silly me. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Yesterday I RAIDED Hive at her Market Place. Went to her in-world sim and GREAT LOD and very conservative on LI, wonderfully-decorative stuff that works well in a camper or trailer. But my bed I went with this because it doubles nicely: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/hive-the-loveseat-bed-cream-pg/9603216 - I literally bought like 25% of all their stuff! Hahaha

LOL yah I love Hive.  Everything in there is so versatile!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.