LakotaBlue Tuqiri

NO Linden Home?? Please Vent Here!!

4 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Have any of these smaller releases happened in the evening hours in the US time zones?

No.  Quite a few employees are involved in a region release, so for the time being they have all taken place between 7AM and mid-afternoon, SLT.

34 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That is actually no different than when the first set of Linden Homes came out.  There were specific models that went really quick and you had to be satisfied with some other model for a while, until the demand for specific models died down a bit.

I was around when the earlier version was released, and there seemed to be more inventory overall. So you might not get your first choice of style or even theme but you typically could get something

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

No.  Quite a few employees are involved in a region release, so for the time being they have all taken place between 7AM and mid-afternoon, SLT.

So since a lot of US member likely have regular working hours with reduced access to even a cell phone, they are at a disadvantage

ok.. umm guess im clueless to how to to do Auto-refresh so it tells me when a region is being release.. can someone tell me how.. and thank you

Im not sure why which such a demand for homes.. people that are have them dont even live in them.. i have been to the LL homes.. and many areas the homes are not even lived in.. so what is the point of having one ?? i dont understand that...js

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On Chrome it’s a browser extension; you can get stand- alone iOS apps. Key is to look for one that will alert when it sees a keyword added. Be be aware that even if you use one, your chances are still slim

• Like 1

I can only answer for myself but it’s the ease of having an already created home structure to be creative with; to not have to rent property; to have a covenant where virtual neighbors can’t get too crazy with their builds, to have as a home base an area where other users are active 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CandyxHaven said:

Im not sure why which such a demand for homes.. people that are have them dont even live in them.. i have been to the LL homes.. and many areas the homes are not even lived in.. so what is the point of having one ?? i dont understand that...js

No one is obligated to decorate their home; however, there may be many reasons why a house is not furnished. The most obvious reason is that the resident has put up a skybox and is living in that. Others may just use their homes to unpack boxes or change outfits in. Still others might not have time to decorate at this moment due to other things demanding their time. There is no way to know, but luckily, there is no rule that houses be furnished so there is also no pressure to do so.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Trinity1776 said:

I was around when the earlier version was released, and there seemed to be more inventory overall. So you might not get your first choice of style or even theme but you typically could get something

That is what I was actually trying to say -- not about availability in general, but about availability of a specific model.  I was specifically referring to your comment about wanting a "houseboat".  Even when there is enough inventory of homes for everyone to have one and have some left over, you may still not be able to get a 'houseboat'.

44 minutes ago, CandyxHaven said:

Apparently there are plenty of folks that feel otherwise.  If you don't understand why anyone wants one, then I guess you won't be one of the ones disappointed and complaining about not getting one -- count yourself lucky then.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The most obvious reason is that the resident has put up a skybox and is living in that.

Thank you, this gives me a chance to bother the world with my most recent brainstorm.  I think it would be cool if LL added a 'skybox' choice to the parcel controller.  This would not rez a skybox, but would put landscaping on the plot instead of a house (or houseboat).  The landscaping would have to occupy enough space to make it impractical to rez a prefab on the parcel.  It would decrease the number of seemingly "empty" houses, and would actually enhance the 'garden'/'open water' feel of the community.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Thank you, this gives me a chance to bother the world with my most recent brainstorm.  I think it would be cool if LL added a 'skybox' choice to the parcel controller.  This would not rez a skybox, but would put landscaping on the plot instead of a house (or houseboat).  The landscaping would have to occupy enough space to make it impractical to rez a prefab on the parcel.  It would decrease the number of seemingly "empty" houses, and would actually enhance the 'garden'/'open water' feel of the community.

This has been suggested and possibly something they'll take into account on newer themes and ultimately maybe even push out a house controller update for the current themes.  For the Traditional homes, they could create a little park like setting with a fountain and some benches and such.  Maybe a water garden setup for the Houseboats and simply more trees and bushes for the Camper/Trailer areas.  Heck, for the Houses area, they have well over 100 LI for creating some garden/park setup and ditto for the Houseboats.  I never checked the LI of the Campers and Trailers, but they are surely high enough to give them options.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I like that idea. I'm not a fan of skyboxes myself, but it would be cool to have the option to turn my parcel into something interesting. Maybe instead of a houseboat, some nice underwater scene. I always love the underwater stuff the moles make.

3 hours ago, CandyxHaven said:

This is a good point and this seems the perfect place to make it.  It does seem a bit irksome to think new homes are snapped up and then not used.  So I understand your feeling here. 

No one is obligated to do anything with their linden home, but it's interesting that anyone would go through the trouble of getting one and do nothing with it.  There are likely lots and lots of reasons people do this, one of which is they just want the new homes because they're in demand.  Human nature is an interesting thing and the maybe linden home release reveals a lot about our characters. 

I do hope everyone - not just me but EVERYONE who wants one of these new homes can get one in relatively short order (to me - this means a few months).  I'll be annoyed about this silly process until we all have access one of these lovely new little premium perks.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

No one is obligated to do anything with their linden home, but it's interesting that anyone would go through the trouble of getting one and do nothing with it.  There are likely lots and lots of reasons people do this, one of which is they just want the new homes because they're in demand.  Human nature is an interesting thing and the maybe linden home release reveals a lot about our characters. 

And this also holds a recipe for desaster - once enough homes for all are available there is a good chance of people will be abbandoning even more - if you can get them anytime you want to, it makes no sense to hold on to them anymore right? Exactley predicting the extent of such a feedback loop caused by human nature is something even companies way bigger than LL struggle with. Could be anywhere between negligeble and desastrous.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

And this also holds a recipe for desaster - once enough homes for all are available there is a good chance of people will be abbandoning even more - if you can get them anytime you want to, it makes no sense to hold on to them anymore right? Exactley predicting the extent of such a feedback loop caused by human nature is something even companies way bigger than LL struggle with. Could be anywhere between negligeble and desastrous.

I agree with you, though I don't know if abandoned homes would be disastrous.  Maybe the lesson here is that there should be an ongoing program of design/build/releasing new homes and communities.  Though, with more emphasis on community activities - perhaps residents will be compelled to stay longer in their linden homes.  It's all an interesting social experiment - and knowing we're a part of it with every keystroke is almost surreal.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

There are likely lots and lots of reasons people do this, one of which is they just want the new homes because they're in demand. 

I do think a lot of the empty ones you see, the ones without skyboxes, were probably possibly snapped up in the very beginning. Remember, the first release had homes available for two days before they were gone and there wasn't such madness around it. 

I got mine that way and ended up loving everything about it. I'm guessing a lot of people got one just because, and possibly have absolutely no idea there is a mad rush for them now. Word spread those first couple of days through a lot of groups, a lot of people who don't usually look at the forums or blogs. 

I could be wrong, but... it's possible. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Armani223 said:

I’m on NZ time , but got especially as it’s a release day and still missed out. which I was refreshing at that time of release and still didn’t see them come up??  I really don’t know what else I can do 😒

It's annoying!  You're in the right place to vent!  I had a rare Monday off, and I did try - but to no avail.  I suspect  you're doing all you can.  Hang in there!  (Or not - if you're too annoyed to continue). 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

i'm going to SCREAM if i have to read "Meadowbrook" one more time in the next 10 hours!

Edited by babybluemlch
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, CandyxHaven said:

There are some houses in lived in neighbourhoods without furniture (several possible reasons - has been discussed lengthily) but if you come to AREAS where the homes are not lived in, they are probably not OWNED (still owned by Linden) because (semi- )ready but not yet released. They are constantly building new regions while we watch and even if they look ready there might have to be final touches and checks before they go into the pipeline.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Maybe a winner should have to claim their home within a specific time period?

THAT would be the MINIMUM - or else people entered just for fun in a "me too" kind of mood and then forget about it completely.

Overall I am against any kind of lottery or list. Like it is at the moment (one region every Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 7:am and 3pm SLT) people will get it with a mixture of trying very hard and luck ... just the way you acchieve goals in RL

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Dick Spad said:

YAY !!!… I finally got a house this weekend … it’s was so great someone that’s on this forum got one with her alt and didn’t want it and knew I was in the crowd that tried and never was successful. So she asked me if I wanted it, I was like sure, so we coordinated our efforts and I was able to snug it as she released it. She’s a great person to have in this community. We need more to step up like she did!!!

So everyone that is still trying to get a new home .. don’t get discouraged, it will happen, maybe not the same way I got mine, but you will get one, just keep your head up!!

Congratulations!

I tried that trick several times both ways (giving a house I abandoned to a friend - and snatching a friend's house when she released it) every time in contact and saying NOW ... and the other refreshing like mad ... and every time FAILED - so I am glad to hear that it CAN work and is at least worth trying.

After what seemed like ages waiting and checking daily to see if there are any new homes available, I finally decided to give up and just buy land and it was the best decision I ever made. Had I waited for a Linden home, I wouldn't have the privacy and solitude I crave so it worked out well for me in the end lol

• Like 14

7 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I tried that trick several times both ways (giving a house I abandoned to a friend - and snatching a friend's house when she released it) every time in contact and saying NOW ... and the other refreshing like mad ... and every time FAILED

Sorry it didn't work for you @Leora Jacobus not sure if there is a secret to it or not, but I had my auto-refresh set to 1 sec when she released it .. so maybe it was just the right timing. But I wish you all the luck and hope one day you will have a lovely home also.

• Thanks 1