A special message page to thank our beloved Moles

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 60 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moles
1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Does that mean to touch @Quartz Mole to teleport? Teleport where? I'm willing to give it a try!

... pokes the handsome Mole until he files that third restraining order that I'll also ignore...

No, it's for me to hit in order to make an emergency getaway should a flashmob of stalkers and groupies suddenly appear.  

• Haha 10

34 minutes ago, Armani223 said:

A huge congratulations 👏👏 to the Lindens and Moles for yet another fabulous themed LL Homes release. I really love the houses and the landscaping is beautiful. Great job 👍

They definately outdid themselves with this one.  I am truly impressed.    I can hardly wait to see what they have in mind for the next theme.  Most likely it will be  just as spectacular!

Thanks to all the moles and LL for giving us this new theme!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartz Mole said:

Not sure what's happening here -- is that peanut butter she (?) is spreading on her hand?

It's peanut butter to go with someone else's jelly! 

I know you British folks don't get the whole peanut butter and jelly sandwich thing, though, so this reference may have been too opaque. 😋

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moles
7 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

It's peanut butter to go with someone else's jelly! 

I know you British folks don't get the whole peanut butter and jelly sandwich thing, though, so this reference may have been too opaque. 😋

I've never understood the attraction of peanut butter.   I bought some once because I was told it was excellent bait for some rat-traps I was laying (it was) and I tried it then, to see what I was offering the critters for their last meal.    

I found it not unpalatable but I decided that, on balance, I would rather use it for pest-control rather than for snacks.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

I've never understood the attraction of peanut butter.   I bought some once because I was told it was excellent bait for some rat-traps I was laying (it was) and I tried it then, to see what I was offering the critters for their last meal.    

I found it not unpalatable but I decided that, on balance, I would rather use it for pest-control rather than for snacks.

Almond butter, without a bunch of preservatives, is far better - especially for dipping celery or carrots in.  It's pretty decent on english muffins also -- btw, are english muffins really "English"?

As a child, there were few things in life that were better than peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  Can't stand the things now though.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
typos
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

They are they originate from England when ever i get them in the supermarket they're just known as Muffins

They are vaguely similar to crumpets. For some reason, the word "crumpet" never caught on in the USA, maybe because it sounds too much like "crumple" or maybe because some ad guru thought the things would sell better if they sounded British. (This is why National Public Radio prefers to have announcers with British accents during their semi-annual pledge drives, I'm convinced.)

3 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

found it not unpalatable but I decided that, on balance, I would rather use it for pest-control rather than for snacks.

This is exactly how I feel about Marmite and its Australian cousin, Vegimite, both of which strike me as too vile unpalatable to inflict on scurrilous -- or scurrying -- rodents, no matter how much I dislike them. But maybe I am too harsh. ...... no, probably not.  🙄

EDIT: There is no accounting for taste. I actually like lutfisk, for example, although I won't go out of my way to find it.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

This is exactly how I feel about Marmite and its Australian cousin, Vegimite, both of which strike me as too vile unpalatable to inflict on scurrilous -- or scurrying -- rodents, no matter how much I dislike them. But maybe I am too harsh. ...... no, probably not.  🙄

EDIT: There is no accounting for taste. I actually like lutfisk, for example, although I won't go out of my way to find it.

I was waiting on someone bringing up (not literally ) Marmite 😂

Was  able to take my time  today walking through the new homes. AND WOW WOW WOW.   So much detail !!!  SO Once more,

A  Huge   thank you to our moles and every one at ll and  sl  !!!!

Some how thank you seems so small in comparison for all you do!!! 

THANK YOU!
          THANK YOU !
               THANK YOU!

{{{  "     Let us be thankful to  the people who bring us happiness; They are the charming  gardeners who  make our souls blossom "    }}}

quote from pleasures and days        Author: Marcel Proust

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 60 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.