A special message page to thank our beloved Moles

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 60 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Something that brings me delight in Bellisseria, is inspecting the landscape on the different regions. I've noticed much of the time, it'll be like Alotta did most of this one, then Moonstruck did most of the next, Garden the next, and so on. It seems to help giving each region individuality. But what truly warms my heart, is when I see a masterpiece like this waterfall, when they all seem to have come together to make one thing.. This one near my dream home includes Moonstruck, Missy, Fox, and Yonder all adding bits and pieces. I don't know why, but it adds charm to see one tree owned by someone, the tree behind it another person, a shrub by another. They're like signatures: "I was here", and the collaboration to make especially nice little spots is a great vibe stamped all across the continent. Thank you Moles!

co-workers_001.png

• Like 14

On 10/19/2019 at 3:53 PM, Morena Tully said:

Something that brings me delight in Bellisseria, is inspecting the landscape on the different regions. I've noticed much of the time, it'll be like Alotta did most of this one, then Moonstruck did most of the next, Garden the next, and so on. It seems to help giving each region individuality. But what truly warms my heart, is when I see a masterpiece like this waterfall, when they all seem to have come together to make one thing.. This one near my dream home includes Moonstruck, Missy, Fox, and Yonder all adding bits and pieces. I don't know why, but it adds charm to see one tree owned by someone, the tree behind it another person, a shrub by another. They're like signatures: "I was here", and the collaboration to make especially nice little spots is a great vibe stamped all across the continent. Thank you Moles!

Yes, I agree.  I love all the little waterfalls and new touches which make the regions different to the first ones. I think the landscaping is actually becoming more lovely as time goes on.

I was doing some exploring on the old Linden places and I came across some really funny and cute movie posters starring...the Moles!:) Gave me a good chuckle and I thought well, they are like stars at the moment in SL with all the attention they've been getting because work they are doing! Here's a few:

Mole_Poster_collage_1.thumb.png.119763ac41a3e7de1d431d018b766cb9.png

(I have more at my blog,  a little post about the Moles and their builds across SL if anyone wants to know more).

I hope they do some more of these:)

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I was reading @Evangeline Arcadia's blog post about the Moles, which took me to the LDPW Wiki page that I hadn't read in some time. Reading it, I was reminded again how the various wiki pages tend to get out of date due to lack of some sort of good updating process.  In this particular case, @Patch Linden's title on the page needs fixing.

In re-reading the page, I also discovered other things that I had missed previously - primarily because I likely skimmed it every time I "read" it.  One of the things that I discovered is that our wonderful @Rolig Loon is currently or has been at one time a Mole.  :)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was reading @Evangeline Arcadia's blog post about the Moles, which took me to the LDPW Wiki page that I hadn't read in some time. Reading it, I was reminded again how the various wiki pages tend to get out of date due to lack of some sort of good updating process.  In this particular case, @Patch Linden's title on the page needs fixing.

In re-reading the page, I also discovered other things that I had missed previously - primarily because I likely skimmed it every time I "read" it.  One of the things that I discovered is that our wonderful @Rolig Loon is currently or has been at one time a Mole.  :)

I know of at least one past Mole who is not on the list, though that may have been due to personal preference rather than lack of updates. They are everywhere! 😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I know of at least one past Mole who is not on the list, though that may have been due to personal preference rather than lack of updates. They are everywhere! 😎

47 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Mine was turned off by default when I joined the forums. It took me a while to figure out what people were talking about when they'd mention signatures. 

When they first started up this incarnation of the forums, signatures were on by default.  Many people requested that they be turned off by default and at some point LL made that change.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well done - though I think that they have actually been celebrating Mole Day in Bay City for a few years now.

I know they celebrate a Mole Day but I'm not sure it's this same one, just like the Bellisseria Mole Day was back in... er... whenever that was a couple months ago. 

Editing Wikipedia is far easier than it ought to be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I know they celebrate a Mole Day but I'm not sure it's this same one, just like the Bellisseria Mole Day was back in... er... whenever that was a couple months ago. 

You are right.  I just did a quick search and it appears that Bay City has their Mole Day on whatever Sat is in the last week of Jan / first week of Feb.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You are right.  I just did a quick search and it appears that Bay City has their Mole Day on whatever Sat is in the last week of Jan / first week of Feb.  

Maybe I should add that to the Wiki! There are actually Multiple Mole Days celebrated by different groups of Mole enthusiasts throughout the real world and virtual worlds. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Maybe I should add that to the Wiki! There are actually Multiple Mole Days celebrated by different groups of Mole enthusiasts throughout the real world and virtual worlds. 

Your previous edits were removed with the following comment:  "Rv, unsourced, and we don't directly link to non-Wiki sites, per WP:ELNO"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Mine was turned off by default when I joined the forums. It took me a while to figure out what people were talking about when they'd mention signatures. 

It's possible it was for me and I've forgotten. I've been on the forums for years, just took a long break in there somewhere. 

ETA: Oops, just saw what Lil said. Yeah, that... they must have been on by default when I joined.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, we've celebrated Mole Day there for years, with a big party scheduled to be close to Groundhog Day. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 60 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.