Jump to content
roseelvira

A special message page to thank our beloved Moles

Recommended Posts

Something that brings me delight in Bellisseria, is inspecting the landscape on the different regions. I've noticed much of the time, it'll be like Alotta did most of this one, then Moonstruck did most of the next, Garden the next, and so on. It seems to help giving each region individuality. But what truly warms my heart, is when I see a masterpiece like this waterfall, when they all seem to have come together to make one thing.. This one near my dream home includes Moonstruck, Missy, Fox, and Yonder all adding bits and pieces. I don't know why, but it adds charm to see one tree owned by someone, the tree behind it another person, a shrub by another. They're like signatures: "I was here", and the collaboration to make especially nice little spots is a great vibe stamped all across the continent. Thank you Moles!

 

co-workers_001.png

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2019 at 3:53 PM, Morena Tully said:

Something that brings me delight in Bellisseria, is inspecting the landscape on the different regions. I've noticed much of the time, it'll be like Alotta did most of this one, then Moonstruck did most of the next, Garden the next, and so on. It seems to help giving each region individuality. But what truly warms my heart, is when I see a masterpiece like this waterfall, when they all seem to have come together to make one thing.. This one near my dream home includes Moonstruck, Missy, Fox, and Yonder all adding bits and pieces. I don't know why, but it adds charm to see one tree owned by someone, the tree behind it another person, a shrub by another. They're like signatures: "I was here", and the collaboration to make especially nice little spots is a great vibe stamped all across the continent. Thank you Moles!

 

Yes, I agree.  I love all the little waterfalls and new touches which make the regions different to the first ones. I think the landscaping is actually becoming more lovely as time goes on.

I was doing some exploring on the old Linden places and I came across some really funny and cute movie posters starring...the Moles!:) Gave me a good chuckle and I thought well, they are like stars at the moment in SL with all the attention they've been getting because work they are doing! Here's a few:

Mole_Poster_collage_1.thumb.png.119763ac41a3e7de1d431d018b766cb9.png

(I have more at my blog,  a little post about the Moles and their builds across SL if anyone wants to know more).

I hope they do some more of these:)

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

She has the link to her blog in her signature line.

Thanks Sylvia. I actually hadn't seen any signatures since i joined the forum, just realised there's a setting to turn them on!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was reading @Evangeline Arcadia's blog post about the Moles, which took me to the LDPW Wiki page that I hadn't read in some time. Reading it, I was reminded again how the various wiki pages tend to get out of date due to lack of some sort of good updating process.  In this particular case, @Patch Linden's title on the page needs fixing.

In re-reading the page, I also discovered other things that I had missed previously - primarily because I likely skimmed it every time I "read" it.  One of the things that I discovered is that our wonderful @Rolig Loon is currently or has been at one time a Mole.  :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Thanks Sylvia. I actually hadn't seen any signatures since i joined the forum, just realised there's a setting to turn them on!

The more you know... I did not know there was a setting to turn them off! lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was reading @Evangeline Arcadia's blog post about the Moles, which took me to the LDPW Wiki page that I hadn't read in some time. Reading it, I was reminded again how the various wiki pages tend to get out of date due to lack of some sort of good updating process.  In this particular case, @Patch Linden's title on the page needs fixing.

In re-reading the page, I also discovered other things that I had missed previously - primarily because I likely skimmed it every time I "read" it.  One of the things that I discovered is that our wonderful @Rolig Loon is currently or has been at one time a Mole.  :)

I know of at least one past Mole who is not on the list, though that may have been due to personal preference rather than lack of updates. They are everywhere! 😎

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The more you know... I did not know there was a setting to turn them off! lol

Mine was turned off by default when I joined the forums. It took me a while to figure out what people were talking about when they'd mention signatures. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I know of at least one past Mole who is not on the list, though that may have been due to personal preference rather than lack of updates. They are everywhere! 😎

 

47 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Mine was turned off by default when I joined the forums. It took me a while to figure out what people were talking about when they'd mention signatures. 

 

When they first started up this incarnation of the forums, signatures were on by default.  Many people requested that they be turned off by default and at some point LL made that change.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not only is our Mole Wiki page out of date, but there is absolutely no mention of our wonderful Moles on this Wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_Day

 

Someone really needs to fix that. 

 

:SwingingFriends:

...signs up to be an editor...

1796047996_giphy(2).gif.e1bd3b3eaa0006431eee49556a21ab51.gif

Edit: Check now.

Edited by Beth Macbain
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

...signs up to be an editor...

1796047996_giphy(2).gif.e1bd3b3eaa0006431eee49556a21ab51.gif

Edit: Check now.

Well done - though I think that they have actually been celebrating Mole Day in Bay City for a few years now.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well done - though I think that they have actually been celebrating Mole Day in Bay City for a few years now.

I know they celebrate a Mole Day but I'm not sure it's this same one, just like the Bellisseria Mole Day was back in... er... whenever that was a couple months ago. 

Editing Wikipedia is far easier than it ought to be. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I know they celebrate a Mole Day but I'm not sure it's this same one, just like the Bellisseria Mole Day was back in... er... whenever that was a couple months ago. 

 

You are right.  I just did a quick search and it appears that Bay City has their Mole Day on whatever Sat is in the last week of Jan / first week of Feb.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You are right.  I just did a quick search and it appears that Bay City has their Mole Day on whatever Sat is in the last week of Jan / first week of Feb.  

Maybe I should add that to the Wiki! There are actually Multiple Mole Days celebrated by different groups of Mole enthusiasts throughout the real world and virtual worlds. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Maybe I should add that to the Wiki! There are actually Multiple Mole Days celebrated by different groups of Mole enthusiasts throughout the real world and virtual worlds. 

Your previous edits were removed with the following comment:  "Rv, unsourced, and we don't directly link to non-Wiki sites, per WP:ELNO"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Your previous edits were removed with the following comment:  "Rv, unsourced, and we don't directly link to non-Wiki sites, per WP:ELNO"

Yeah, I got an email asking me to try again. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Mine was turned off by default when I joined the forums. It took me a while to figure out what people were talking about when they'd mention signatures. 

It's possible it was for me and I've forgotten. I've been on the forums for years, just took a long break in there somewhere. 

ETA: Oops, just saw what Lil said. Yeah, that... they must have been on by default when I joined.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You are right.  I just did a quick search and it appears that Bay City has their Mole Day on whatever Sat is in the last week of Jan / first week of Feb.  

Yeah, we've celebrated Mole Day there for years, with a big party scheduled to be close to Groundhog Day. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...