A special message page to thank our beloved Moles

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 60 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You guys did it again!

The theme most in demand, and hardest to get, has been the Traditionals. It makes sense that they would release more of what the demand is calling for, but instead they listened to what residents had to say about the Trads and created the Victorians in response (I think). I see them as sort of a Traditional 2.0... and they are freaking fabulous. 

I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on one! 

The talents and skills of our darling Moles just keeps getting better and better and better. We know that Patch has talked about at least 8 themes, so we are only halfway there. Now that they're meeting the demand for houses, just imagine what they're going to come up with next! 

Thank you, @Patch Linden and the rest of the Lindens and every one of the Moles but most especially @Quartz Mole just because he continues to be the bomb-diggity. 

I love how much Bellisseria has changed Second Life for me, and how it continues to generate excitement and wonder and FUN!

tenor.gif.cae2835f1b4b66aa2194e2b8767475cf.gif

• Like 12

The New Linden Homes is a gamechanger. You remember patch Lindens response to one of the first interviews, why couldn't we have different wall colors? And why no other options that white on the trim? Cound the Trads be bigger?

His reply then, was that Linden Homes was ment for people to live there a short time, get tired of the limits and move on. Then we started to voice that we would have the Linden Homes "for ever".

From LL's side, happy customers who stay in Linden Homes pay their Premium. Safe income. Or else, we can just go back to Basic and rent.

I think the Victorians is a reply to the demand for bigger rooms and more color options. They look a bit like the Continental with very well made add-ons. But the difference is inside. This pic from one of the downstairs room in Continental show it. Just a thin corridor out to the door, and no window. The chairs on the other side of the table is almost touching the wall.

livingroomaed_006

And I don't need the add-on, I have room enough for a kitchen/dining combination in the new Victorian. It is also great that I can have a full sized bath upstairs.

• Like 12

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The New Linden Homes is a gamechanger. You remember patch Lindens response to one of the first interviews, why couldn't we have different wall colors? And why no other options that white on the trim? Cound the Trads be bigger?

His reply then, was that Linden Homes was ment for people to live there a short time, get tired of the limits and move on. Then we started to voice that we would have the Linden Homes "for ever".

From LL's side, happy customers who stay in Linden Homes pay their Premium. Safe income. Or else, we can just go back to Basic and rent.

I think the Victorians is a reply to the demand for bigger rooms and more color options. They look a bit like the Continental with very well made add-ons. But the difference is inside. This pic from one of the downstairs room in Continental show it. Just a thin corridor out to the door, and no window. The chairs on the other side of the table is almost touching the wall.

And I don't need the add-on, I have room enough for a kitchen/dining combination in the new Victorian. It is also great that I can have a full sized bath upstairs.

We still walk a balance here.  We're not going to make the homes or the freedoms therein (ie covenant) to allow for as much control as someone might want.  If that's what you want, we do suggest that one would move on to another land product like mainland or private estates in some form.  

Also, because I've seen other stuff floating about around this, the Campers and Victorian homes were already in our pre-production process while we were working on the Traditional homes and Houseboats.  To say the Victorian homes were a reaction to the requests coming out of the release of Traditional homes does not quite line up with our internal timeline.  There is a surprise feature in the Victorian homes that might be considered a reaction because it was conceived late stage and is a software feature, but it's not the shape/floor plan/size/etc.  Much like we also already have themes 5 and 6 well underway, know what theme 7 is and are presently deciding on what theme 8 will be. 

The process has no end at the moment, and I do like to keep things fluid so we can react to needed changes, whether that's feedback driven from the community or some other internal factor.   One reactive change I can call out based on feedback is that we have not done anything with the commercial mix-in we expected to do originally.  It's clear to us people want homes, first.

Thank you everyone, for everything you've said.  The team very much appreciates it and loves to see it.  It's what helps to keep us going.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 16

1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

We still walk a balance here.  We're not going to make the homes or the freedoms therein (ie covenant) to allow for as much control as someone might want.  If that's what you want, we do suggest that one would move on to another land product like mainland or private estates in some form.  

Also, because I've seen other stuff floating about around this, the Campers and Victorian homes were already in our pre-production process while we were working on the Traditional homes and Houseboats.  To say the Victorian homes were a reaction to the requests coming out of the release of Traditional homes does not quite line up with our internal timeline.  There is a surprise feature in the Victorian homes that might be considered a reaction because it was conceived late stage and is a software feature, but it's not the shape/floor plan/size/etc.

Thanks for your comments Patch, interesting to know:) Can't wait to find out what this surprise feature is!...

1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

"Much like we also already have themes 5 and 6 well underway, know what theme 7 is and are presently deciding on what theme 8 will be.

Oh now you have me jumping up and down with excitment! Please can I have a minimalist open plan, with plent of long windows, on a waterfront surrounded by some greenery on some sides??Please, please pretty please...? 😁

LOL, ok, maybe that's too much to ask, but a girl can dream 😊

Love what's been done so far, sooo looking forward to see what's next.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Much like we also already have themes 5 and 6 well underway, know what theme 7 is and are presently deciding on what theme 8 will be. 

I always figured six themes, but eight! Hahaha. This is just EVIL because everything so far is already awesome. Now to force us to make a "Sofie's Choice" (in a positive way)! 

• Like 3

AND  I found a sweet surprise 

... to thank  the Teams /Patch  /moles/artists/enginniers/support /staff/ designers  all who work at or for linden lab/ second life  /contractors  every one......  i do not know all the positions so i hope you know you are all included with all the many thanks and love and gratitude for all the hard work, worry   ,what ifs    and late nights and early mornings    ... missed lunches  and  weekends  ,,,, you all know ,,,, so i wish i live close enough so i could personally deliver these treats  to you all !!!

So very, very ,very 

Thankful to you all!!!     All you do mean so much ,,,, so very ,very,very, much ,,,,, hugs , hugs, hugs.

td2cc31dbf8aa83c31c5967ff80199f46.thumb.jpg.cd8ea912e1e0b0a263ee59f1f1690669.jpg

most_beautiful_gingerbread_house_by_gerhard_petzl-14.jpg.604c8e161390abfffd931e21402ed3a5.jpg  to

7b69efba49db2f12989964912e85cd18--christmas-gingerbread-gingerbread-houses.jpg.1c01c11660be42b0a7b3ea9cf7103f85.jpg

f5a2e0bb2732d873df2c1de589c06f78--gingerbread-village-christmas-gingerbread-house.thumb.jpg.8344e9d6de28a3596df3f55b543fbdd8.jpg 

untitled.pnghouse.thumb.png.d318e6de9d94218e849796d7b3095bfe.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I always figured six themes, but eight! Hahaha. This is just EVIL because everything so far is already awesome. Now to force us to make a "Sofie's Choice" (in a positive way)! 

Patch had actually said all along that they planned for 8 and depending on demand and feedback, possibly more.

• Like 3

I try to err on the side of caution, something that is difficult since English isn't my #1 language.

I must say that I didn't think the Victorians were in pre-production the same time as LL worked on the Traditionals. Because the Traditionals are... and here is where I can sound offensive... "simpler" than the Victorians. Less developed. Fewer rooms. I don't mean that they are worse, but the first we started to add was another room. First partitions and then outer rooms.

For me it was natural to think the Victorians got a room/several more rooms, so we could have more options to furnish a house.

Even when the Trads and Boats was released the same time, the boats had more options in the house controller. More trim colors. Then the Campers was not just 4 versions, but 8, that could even be turned. Looked like a development.

Here is now the Victorians, that looks like they were the bigger siblings of the Continental and Adams, with pretty porches, more options in customizing and a gorgeous enviroment.

I could find quotes, but I think we all read that cloning of regions was not going to happen. That also lead me to the (wrong) conclusion that changes is made when one see it is need for them.

I stand corrected when you say this was all planned before, house layouts and all.

7 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Also, because I've seen other stuff floating about around this, the Campers and Victorian homes were already in our pre-production process while we were working on the Traditional homes and Houseboats.  To say the Victorian homes were a reaction to the requests coming out of the release of Traditional homes does not quite line up with our internal timeline.  There is a surprise feature in the Victorian homes that might be considered a reaction because it was conceived late stage and is a software feature, but it's not the shape/floor plan/size/etc.  Much like we also already have themes 5 and 6 well underway, know what theme 7 is and are presently deciding on what theme 8 will be. 

The process has no end at the moment, and I do like to keep things fluid so we can react to needed changes, whether that's feedback driven from the community or some other internal factor.   One reactive change I can call out based on feedback is that we have not done anything with the commercial mix-in we expected to do originally.  It's clear to us people want homes, first.

Thank you everyone, for everything you've said.  The team very much appreciates it and loves to see it.  It's what helps to keep us going.

And eight themes is great. We are constantly surprised. 😍

• Like 4

The sun has set on this year's Annual Christmas Expo to benefit the American Cancer Society,  culminating with the auction of a New Victorian Linden Home .  It was to put it simply, an amazing powerhouse full of sparks flying, tears flowing, cheers and laughter as we encouraged each other to new heights.  I wanted to take a moment and thank the volunteers & Lindens for their tireless work on this worthy cause that has touched so many of our lives, friends, and family. 

To the Moles and their work on not only the Linden Homes,  but landscaping and surprise decorative touches around the regions that go the extra mile:  I hope that not only by demand currently outstripping supply,  but by the determination of all the auction bidders we have proven that not only can we support worthy causes together, but that Bellisseria in all it's forms is spectacular and the work of the Moles worthy of such competitive bidding.

So I didn't win the house (with it's island and extras), but the Charity won with the ever sky-rocking bids.  After the auction, I dropped a chunk of my final bid in the donation box, walked away from the crowds to view the Model Homes one last time, and sent a Congratulations note to Jica Batista for the winning bid.  Turns out it would have been her final bid, and would have only had a few $L's left!   I had such a good laugh, and told her my last bid was all I had to give as well!  Thank you Moles for giving it your all, too.  It was a day fond memories are made of. 

Mitch Merricks

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!  to all the moles and Lindens for all your hard work on this new theme and getting this ready for us so we can have it before Christmas.  It just looks so beautiful.  I got a plot with train tracks in front of me and a nice big hills in the back.  Can hardly wait to see what is next.

• Like 11

Completely agreed- so much gratitude to the Lindens & Moles, as we know your minds would certainly rather be on holiday break already, but you worked hard to deliver wonderful presents to us. I can't properly express how soothing and beautiful the new areas are to me and I wish all at LL a very bright & wonderful next year. Thank you all again.

• Like 10

You Moles, and Lindens, every last one, have really consistently outdone yourselves and expectations with every release. For many reasons, this month isnt a good one for me, but I actually crawled outta my shell to come see SL in its holiday finery, events even. I got a sense of joy,and laughed. Today's my birthday and i got a beautiful spot with some positive sentiment i can visit and virtually roll around in. I needed that.Thank you so very much for making it happen !♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

• Like 10

Okay, so there will be no more releases until 2020, and the LDPW and Moles are taking a break.

But what about their holiday party? Yes, I know they are scattered all over the world, but I'm hoping they all get on Discord or Skype or something together and get wicked drunk. 

And that someone records it. And leaks it. 

Happy Holidays to the greatest gang of magical talented misfits in the entire world! 

Relax. Eat. Drink. Be Merry. Drink more. Rinse. Repeat. 

Thank you for EVERYTHING you've done this year! YOU made SL magical again!

I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! 

And especially you, @Quartz Mole...

6359ffee7e38d234cc6f6394d80e1c62.gif.dd239a11cb1ee40510d00a033506d0bb.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 60 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.