A special message page to thank our beloved Moles

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 60 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

That's my fault  

The yellow thingies are parcel markers we lay out when we set up and build the region.    They're both a visual guide for the builders and decorators and (because of the scripts they contain) an essential tool in building the systems whereby the websites, the land store, the house controllers, the trailers, the main rezzer and the remote servers that deliver content packs and notecards all talk to each other.  

Most of the time they're almost invisible.   However, when I'm making sure the individual parcels and house controllers are all responding and have correctly registered themselves, the parcel markers briefly become highly visible for up to 30 seconds or a minute, before hiding themselves again after successfully updating the details of the parcels whose boundaries they mark, so that if any don't successfully complete the process I can see at a glance which parcels are affected.

So if you see parcel markers behaving like that, it means I'm testing communications systems, or doing something that makes communications systems run self-diagnostic routines to check nothing's broken after something that's happened (a script update or something).

Love it when you talk all technical @Quartz Mole 😏😍

• Like 3

Bumpity-bump-bump...

Not for nuthin', but it's Sunday and @Quartz Mole and @Dyna Mole just spent several hours working on fixing an issue with the trailers. I know @Squeaky Mole was working today also. I'm sure they aren't the only ones. 

I know I'm somewhat biased, but the Moles really are a very special group of people. If they were only doing this for the paycheck, they could have easily waited until tomorrow and still clocked the same hours and gotten the same paycheck but that's not at all what they did, or do. 

We're pretty lucky to have this gang being awesome for us. 

thank-you-funny-gif-261819.gif.6a92cc771faa22f7363e378bf39601f1.gif

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Busy, busy, running, flying, jumping, all to give us awsome landscapes! Hugs and cheers to ...

48794914603_faefa0b7d4_b.jpg
Sergal_Mole by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

48795410602_87752d379d_b.jpg
Lost_Mole by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

48795273436_0dee65eb72_b.jpg
Alotta_Mole2 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

48795410667_a8ef2eb091_b.jpg
Fox_Mole3 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

48795410697_f68eb990c1_b.jpg
Yonder_Mole by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Lost and Alotta were running around like mad ... had to cam them till they paused for a moment ... Fox looks a little greenish just because he is in one of these green house- dummies ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 10

19 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Busy, busy, running, flying, jumping, all to give us awsome landscapes! Hugs and cheers to ...

48795273436_0dee65eb72_b.jpg
Alotta_Mole2 by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Oh, hello there! 😍 Actually I saw the name Alotta Mole on the Bellisseria poster for SLB16 and assumed (wrongly) that he was a she! Well he/she may be... I don't know and don't quite care, but the avatar is hot! And since this thread is all about appreciation *clears throat* ...Anyway, moving on...

I honestly never knew there was a Yonder Mole or a Sergal Mole either. It's amazing to see these names and faces pop up now. It begs the question; does anyone actually know how many Moles and Lindens there are? It also makes me wonder how do they get (or choose?) their names or are they randomly assigned, or is it like the region releases and they kind of all get together and throw names around or...? 🤔

Thanks @Leora Jacobus for posting these. And thanks of course to the many wonderful Moles and Lindens for their hard work that goes on in front of public scrutiny and camera flashes and no doubt behind the scenes (screens?) too with all the stress and stuff we mere Residents know nothing about and likely never will.

Bellisseria was already pretty special at the very first release but they keep creating environments that just continually impress and blow us away. 😁❤️👍

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Oh, hello there! 😍 Actually I saw the name Alotta Mole on the Bellisseria poster for SLB16 and assumed (wrongly) that he was a she! Well he/she may be... I don't know and don't quite care, but the avatar is hot! And since this thread is all about appreciation *clears throat* ...Anyway, moving on...

I honestly never knew there was a Yonder Mole or a Sergal Mole either. It's amazing to see these names and faces pop up now. It begs the question; does anyone actually know how many Moles and Lindens there are? It also makes me wonder how do they get (or choose?) their names or are they randomly assigned, or is it like the region releases and they kind of all get together and throw names around or...? ...

Same with me! *lol* Alotta to me sounds like a female christian name.

But by now I think that not all but quite a number of moles picked their first names with a kind of word play in mind.

Abnor Mole = abnormal / Notta Mole = not a mole / Alotta Mole = a lot of mole and so on. I believe they just get the fixed surname Mole and can choose their first names freely aswell as their avatar appearance.

No idea of how many of them exist. I just collect their photos whenever I set eye on one!  ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, RaeLeeH said:

I honestly never knew there was a Yonder Mole or a Sergal Mole either. It's amazing to see these names and faces pop up now. It begs the question; does anyone actually know how many Moles and Lindens there are? It also makes me wonder how do they get (or choose?) their names or are they randomly assigned, or is it like the region releases and they kind of all get together and throw names around or...? 🤔

They mentioned at the Meet the Moles talk that they do pretty much get to choose their own Mole name - probably the same for the Lindens.

I vaguely remember hearing somewhere that they are not allowed to talk about how many Lindens or Moles there are - no clue why on that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moles
2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I vaguely remember hearing somewhere that they are not allowed to talk about how many Lindens or Moles there are - no clue why on that.

Hmmm... I haven't seen that memo. Still, I couldn't tell you because I don't really know.  You'd have to ask someone in the Lab's payroll office ---  and they won't tell you. 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Some more snapshots ...

I love how you've been sharing your photos with us. Otherwise, I would never get to see these talented builders since I'm just way too shy to attend events where we get to meet and chat with them. I would be fan girling around them anyway so who needs that? 😂 They are just so talented and I'm amazed by them.

Your photos are fun. Thank you for sharing. 😊

• Like 5

To see them (and take photos) you just have to visit regions that are being built and then klick "radar" and "focus" ... 

you do not need to talk to them or even be noticed by them...

and if you are ... they don't bite! Fox Mole said "Hi Leora" to me yesterday and we had a little very agreeable conversation! ;)

... he said he liked my photos! 

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

Hmmm... I haven't seen that memo. Still, I couldn't tell you because I don't really know.  You'd have to ask someone in the Lab's payroll office ---  and they won't tell you. 😉

Payroll??  I thought you all were just volunteers......no?  I thought you just loved building........lol

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

If you do not tell, you have your reasons and whatever they might be I respect them.

But that you do not KNOW takes some believing! Why ?? .. Well you are all in the closed Molegroup.

If you are in a group you can see the other members - their name - their role - when they have been online last date.

I have often joined  (open and free) groups just to see when some special people I haven't seen some time have been last online ....

... after that I leave the group again ;)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 9/26/2019 at 7:56 PM, RacyAcey said:

Payroll??  I thought you all were just volunteers......no?  I thought you just loved building........lol

Nobody spends time building in SL unless they love it, lol.  Moles exhibit great creativity and some show an utterly charming willingness to engage with customers that is extremely unusual in corporate wonderland.  So yes, they are special people.

But indeed, moles are contractors.  They appear to enjoy some of the freedom of contractors to make their own hours (within their budgeted goals).  This may be why we sometimes see moles working on weekends ... they are people like us, and could, for example, have full-time jobs in addition to their mole gig! 

I would  guess that they are paid well, but more on a graphic designer payscale than a software engineer payscale.  Their skills are specialized, but not terribly uncommon.   Because they're paid for every hour that they work, being a mole may actually be more profitable than most inworld businesses.  These are just guesses, I haven't known any moles personally for many years.

As for Lindens, fwiw the internet seems to agree that LL employs a little under 250 folks, and that they pay roughly industry standard.  LL is privately held of course, so is under no obligation to share corporate info. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I would  guess that they are paid well, but more on a graphic designer payscale than a software engineer payscale.  Their skills are specialized, but not terribly uncommon.   Because they're paid for every hour that they work, being a mole may actually be more profitable than most inworld businesses.  These are just guesses, I haven't known any moles personally for many years.

❤️❤️❤️They are paid in love! ❤️❤️❤️

And cash. 

1802552924_MoneyMole.jpg.93a960ba9f98ee6e6054d5fc84947132.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

4 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

The new "Goddess of the Release" seen hoovering yesterday over Sario ... and today over Lollipop

O wow  Whitney   whoot whoot whoot   congrats to her ...she use to  handle my support tickets  if she is the same one   ,,,, she is awsome ,, congrats Whitney ,,,,,, miss you  waving hugs and sending  wishes for everything wonderful !!!!! chasing her with hugs  wine candy  ,,,, and   all the choices of  gift card , long lunch break , or product ,,, if i remember when the ask about  how was  working with ,,,,,  so you get all of them and much more ,,,, whooot whoot whoot ,,,,

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 60 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.