When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

OH I did not know that. How does anyone else know not to do this if they don't read the forum. It's a very small percentage of people that actually come to the forum.  Note taken though. Than you for the info.

I think they are working on getting the message out to more users! I can imagine there are lots of people who get a new home in a new release and who have not read the advice and want to start moving in / changing the home style etc. Lots of home controllers break and cause extra issues for the Lindens so its best to claim the home then leave it alone for a day or so during a new release. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I think they are working on getting the message out to more users! I can imagine there are lots of people who get a new home in a new release and who have not read the advice and want to start moving in / changing the home style etc. Lots of home controllers break and cause extra issues for the Lindens so its best to claim the home then leave it alone for a day or so during a new release. 

I was looking at the Map. It is so few green dots in the new released regions. I belive most people from the US is sleeping now. And from Europe, they are working or has started Easter holiday and may be traveling to their cabin without internet.

So it may not be so dangerous to change style now, or abandon.

But abandoned homes go back in the pool, and until they are claimed, it is no more releases. Isn't that how it works?

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I was looking at the Map. It is so few green dots in the new released regions. I belive most people from the US is sleeping now. And from Europe, they are working or has started Easter holiday and may be traveling to their cabin without internet.

So it may not be so dangerous to change style now, or abandon.

But abandoned homes go back in the pool, and until they are claimed, it is no more releases. Isn't that how it works?

I am still confused how abandons work but I know that the last big release I think I waited 2 days and I did choose US sleeping time to start because of the reasons you give

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I am a bad I abandoned when I saw on the LP - didn't read the notice - obviously know the drill - just did a silly thing. I have a few alts who are now holding onto a couple of chalets but will let them out when we can. Sorry everyone I know I won't be the only one but as a seasoned home catcher I did a bubble head

I must have heard wrong, I only heard second hand. I thought the request was that we did not play GOH the first couple of days... I thought abandoning was ok as long as we did not go get another. My bad.. I did abandon one yesterday. TBH I have no plans to get another chalet, this style of release did appeal to me.

I am not actually a GOH player in general. My last abandon before today was well over a month ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I must have heard wrong, I only heard second hand. I thought the request was that we did not play GOH the first couple of days... I thought abandoning was ok as long as we did not go get another. My bad.. I did abandon one yesterday. TBH I have no plans to get another chalet, this style of release did appeal to me.

I am not actually a GOH player in general. My last abandon before today was well over a month ago.

I think that is the rule - but as is said above it lessens as time goes on and there are plenty of abandons today on the LP 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I think that is the rule - but as is said above it lessens as time goes on and there are plenty of abandons today on the LP 

Normally I am pretty connected via the Bellisseria Citizens group, but yesterday I was working frantically all day on getting product and display reading for an upcoming event, so I wasnt reading chat. Thus I missed Patches request. I heard about it second hand and misunderstood it to mean "dont abandon and then go get another one."

Now I feel sort of bad about abandoning my home yesterday. My thinking was that there is probably a limited supply and since I know I did not want it, I should free it up for someone who likes this style. (Fortunately my misunderstanding did not break the system.)

On a "less guilty" note, at least I did not abandon a different home to go get the chalet.. I bought a one-month premium for an alt so I could go play with it.

• Like 2

My original av got a chalet yesterday and I’m looking forward to visiting today and exploring the area. I might even drop some furniture for her so she can sit down. She’s old bless her ;) 

I have to say that I’m very happy with the look of this theme, but we’re all different, and the stilts left me completely cold. ‘Horses for courses’ as my old Nan used to say!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

That is so cool, thank you!  Why do the Log Homes always go to the end of the line?  Not based on when the style was released or alphabetical, so??

My personal fantasy is that the Log Homes are like “Catcher in the Rye.” They’re there to keep the new themes from falling off the land page. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just as a reference since some have asked, here are a few posts from Patch regarding abandoning homes when a new theme releases. This is all from The New Linden Homes Update Post thread. 

ETA: The last snip was posted yesterday, in reference to the release of the chalets.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 9.06.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 9.07.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 9.08.24 AM.png

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

That is so cool, thank you!  Why do the Log Homes always go to the end of the line?  Not based on when the style was released or alphabetical, so??

Yesterday, I saw the Chalet higher in the list (before a Stilt home) and at one point also saw the Log Homes higher, so I'm thinking it all just random.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yesterday, I saw the Chalet higher in the list (before a Stilt home) and at one point also saw the Log Homes higher, so I'm thinking it all just random.

Same here. They shuffle around a bit from what I've observed, though Trads seem to always be first in line.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Patch asks we don't abandon any style of home during a new release or use the house controller on the new homes until a day or so has passed as it can interfere with the process- I abandoned other style of home and got some chalets when I saw them appear on the land page. I have retiring alts and thought lets find some and decorate for a bit. Got caught up in excitement. I've been through many releases I know the rules I just did not think!

While he did ask for folks not to abandon homes, thus not play Game of Homes, he didn't say to not use the house controller.  He simply said to not cycle through home styles quickly - the rezzers can get whacked easily if the servers get flooded with requests.  The house controller itself is probably fine as I think one of the Moles said that it does not constantly communicate with the servers in the same way that the home rezzers do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

This unnamed region is calling out to me. I never liked those log cabins, but this location and scenery (cliff overlooking stilt homes and the sea with a lighthouse nearby) is just so dreamy!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE1105/204/126/43

logcabin.thumb.jpg.a0924e0489ef805cdddbeda529abc5b4.jpg

Location and landscaping is what makes me want a home.

• Like 9

For anyone who is a sailor and would particularly like to get a home with easy access to the central river, I've just posted a set of links in the SSP thread to regions I've found that have water from the central river (or its tributaries) in them.  If you have the time, watch for a couple of dots to show up in one of these regions and refresh!

(many of them are still 'protected', so definitely not going to come up soon)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Location and landscaping is what makes me want a home.

/me whispers in fear of being flamed for flipping houses on a premium alt: “I think the Moles are getting better and better at landscaping, I don’t even want a log cabin or a slit but these upcoming regions are just triggering my home abandonment issues...”

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.