When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Interesting how no Stilt OW or Stilt Piers are showing..I wonder if they are currently the most popular...?

I just saw a stilt pier before coming to this thread. But those do vanish fast.

I'm actually starting to wonder if we're not already at the demand saturation point. New homes are filling up very slowly. In demand spots go like crazy, but regular stuff just sits now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I just saw a stilt pier before coming to this thread. But those do vanish fast.

I'm actually starting to wonder if we're not already at the demand saturation point. New homes are filling up very slowly. In demand spots go like crazy, but regular stuff just sits now.

Yes, I thought that might be the case. I do hope they make more Pier Stilts going forward as those do seem very popular. There are not many in the new SSPE areas being built up around the Stilt areas:( There are a handful , but not much compared to the apparent demand...although of course we don't know their future plans...

• Like 1

Times like this I really hate that people are doing that (I don't hate the people, just their behavior). I don't get this obsession. Not talking about those of you who have an alt or two. I referring to those who have a ton of alts, are pouring all that money into SL, and  apparently doing little in life other than catching and releasing virtual houses. I guess it makes people feel...powerful? In control?

2 hours ago, Fleur Aurelia said:

I tried to get one but of course the GOH's player took the most desirable locations as per.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Times like this I really hate that people are doing that (I don't hate the people, just their behavior). I don't get this obsession. Not talking about those of you who have an alt or two. I referring to those who have a ton of alts, are pouring all that money into SL, and  apparently doing little in life other than catching and releasing virtual houses. I guess it makes people feel...powerful? In control?

I don't think the behavior is motivated by power or greed.  I think it is addiction, pure and simple.  Give it time.  The serious GOH players never hold onto anything for too long.  

Edited by Matthieu Quander
  • Like 7

46 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I don't think the behavior is motivated by power or greed.  I think it is addiction, pure and simple.  Give it time.  The serious GOH players never hold onto anything for too long.  

I agree it is addiction - it isn't against anyone other than themselves playing themselves. I kicked it because the initial buzz began to feel outworn but still have alts and use them to help find a good spot or two. 

Edited by Chloe Dolores
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

It's all about "winning".

Think about how much the obsession must cost (if one has, say, 25 alts, that would be almost $2,500/year), and the TIME involved. How do you have any kind of RL when all you are doing is staring at multiple screens 24/7 and clicking like crazy? It's kind of mind-boggling and sad once you stop and think about it. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It's all about "winning".

Think about how much the obsession must cost (if one has, say, 25 alts, that would be almost $2,500/year), and the TIME involved. How do you have any kind of RL when all you are doing is staring at multiple screens 24/7 and clicking like crazy? It's kind of mind-boggling and sad once you stop and think about it. 

Dang..that would make my head hurt lol ...and here I was feeling guilty about 2 alts ..but whatever floats your boat I guess 

• Like 2

Have to be careful about considering the circumstances of each individual leading them to play more than others. Sometimes the RL world goes quiet or is very unkind and then an addiction to something like this can start - easily. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Interesting how no Stilt OW or Stilt Piers are showing..I wonder if they are currently the most popular...?

I saw On Pier a couple of times yesterday and the day before.

Chloe, I will grant you that no one deserves our unkindness or assumption of their motivations, and I'm sorry if I came across that way.

So, I'll focus more on the actions and not what's behind them.

The people that are doing this are impacting everyone else who participates. The Linden Homes system was not set up for certain individuals to become a "middleman" or land baron dispensing choice properties as they see fit. I see no issue with giving people a certain amount of leeway...but if/when new regions are dominated by certain individuals, I *personally* think that's an abuse of the system.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 7

Linden Lab doesn't make it easy for people to try a variety of random locations, in fact, they limit it to just 5 per 24 hours. So, the reason people have alts is to increase their tries, plain and simple. This is on Linden Lab, if you hate the game... don't hate the players. If everyone had an abundance of rolls, I doubt there would be so many alts.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Have to be careful about considering the circumstances of each individual leading them to play more than others. Sometimes the RL world goes quiet or is very unkind and then an addiction to something like this can start - easily. 

Yep, it makes a difference if you get to know a person and gain insight into their behavior, like whether it's to fill a void vs just an extreme competitive streak. 

• Like 6

I've watched this play out myself and for a day i even had a Chalet home in a fairly decent location on one of the new regions.  It did not take long for me to realize my initial neighbors were all the same 2 or 3 people in their many alts.  I let the home go.  It was not really something i would have kept long term anyways but I honestly felt my mood turn sour when i watched the house right next to mine get hit with an alt and then passed to 2 other GOH players like a football.  It's bad enough people are doing this, but a few of them are even working in concert with each other.

Yes I'm happy people want to throw their money at LL.  I want it to be around for a long time to come.  But I agree with Trinity on this.  At some point this behavior degrades the experience of the more average user.  People get disheartened and drop their Linden Home or worse they drop their premium account.

Another thing to watch for as I saw this and even ARed it.  One person had acquired two lots adjacent to each other.  They then used one lot to "Anchor" root prims in so that the other lot would effectively have a double prim count.  I ARed it and within a day or two that was removed by LL.  So there may be other exploits that are in play here.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

The part about it all that irks me the most is that the folks doing this are explicitly and knowingly going against Patch's request to not do lots of 'grab & release'.   That impacts the entire Linden Home system and can cause issue in other Themes simply because of the load being put on the back end servers.  To me, that is truly selfish behavior, completely inconsiderate of all others.

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Chloe, I will grant you that no one deserves our unkindness or assumption of their motivations, and I'm sorry if I came across that way.

So, I'll focus more on the actions and not what's behind them.

The people that are doing this are impacting everyone else who participates. The Linden Homes system was not set up for certain individuals to become a "middleman" or land baron dispensing choice properties as they see fit. I see no issue with giving people a certain amount of leeway...but if/when new regions are dominated by certain individuals, I *personally* think that's an abuse of the system.

I totally agree with you and also feel it's an abuse of the system.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

I've watched this play out myself and for a day i even had a Chalet home in a fairly decent location on one of the new regions.  It did not take long for me to realize my initial neighbors were all the same 2 or 3 people in their many alts.  I let the home go.  It was not really something i would have kept long term anyways but I honestly felt my mood turn sour when i watched the house right next to mine get hit with an alt and then passed to 2 other GOH players like a football.  It's bad enough people are doing this, but a few of them are even working in concert with each other.

Yes I'm happy people want to throw their money at LL.  I want it to be around for a long time to come.  But I agree with Trinity on this.  At some point this behavior degrades the experience of the more average user.  People get disheartened and drop their Linden Home or worse they drop their premium account.

Another thing to watch for as I saw this and even ARed it.  One person had acquired two lots adjacent to each other.  They then used one lot to "Anchor" root prims in so that the other lot would effectively have a double prim count.  I ARed it and within a day or two that was removed by LL.  So there may be other exploits that are in play here.

Why does anchoring prims bother you? As long as the anchoring is done in a way where no prims are on public land, what is the problem? What covenant does that break?

Adding that if we want to nit-pick, some would say that grouping clusters of items together to decease LI is also an exploit. Let's  return everything.

Edited by Milk Pixelmaid

Just now, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Why does anchoring prims bother you? As long as the anchoring is done in a way where no prims are on public land, what is the problem? What covenant does that break?

If Linden Labs intended for a lot to have twice the prims they would have given it twice the prims.  And the fact it was removed says to me that was an exploit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Wow. I hadnt checked the thread for a about 12 hours and I am surprised/saddened by the tone the forum seems to have taken.

I am not a GOH player but I dont understand why so much hostility directed to those who are??

The issue is not "GOH players". The issue is just one (or maybe a few) who take it to such extremes that they shut almost everyone else out of every single new release. Grabbing it all for the sake of grabbing it all, if you will.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

If Linden Labs intended for a lot to have twice the prims they would have given it twice the prims.  And the fact it was removed says to me that was an exploit.

I'm kind of surprised that it would be considered an exploit. I've seen docks extended into the waterways in Traditional homes neighborhoods, and LL never removes them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Totally agree.

I'm dropping three premium accounts that are up for renewal this weekend.  I used to get excited by a new release and trying to get a decent spot but like you my mood turns sour when the same people turn up time after time and claim the best spots.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I'm kind of surprised that it would be considered an exploit. I've seen docks extended into the waterways in Traditional homes neighborhoods, and LL never removes them.

Actually they do if they are AR'd and the items are definitely extending beyond the home parcel borders.  Abnor has specifically said to AR such things and they are definitely not allowed.

Now, they typically will allow someone to extend something like a driveway from their parcel over a small amount of public land to meet up with a road.  But that is someone covering a tiny bit of public grass versus someone putting a dock way outside their property onto the public area.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.