When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

but do they even know to keep going back and back and back?  My only point is, the playing field isn't fair to new people.

You live and learn.

Last year when I was new to Belli I had no idea you could change house models or that one of the log cabin models could be rotated.  I must have gone through quite a few houses looking for the perfect spot with the exact model of house on it I wanted. 🙈

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You're missing the point.  A lot of newer people don't know about the GoH.  They just see one type of home available.  They should be able to choose more than one type without having to make more and more accounts.  I'm not sure why it's such a hard concept to grasp.

I join.  I play for a month or so and decide I'd like a linden home.  I go premium.  What?   All I can get is a little camper?   I don't read the forums.  I have no idea there is a game going on.  Fair?  

Play how you'd like but maybe try seeing it from the other side too.  Seems to be a lot of justification going on which wasn't the intention but well, as I said....carry on.

No, I got your point, it is a fairly infantile one. Basically, 'it's not fair!!' The GOH isn't a Linden lab product, it's just something people do in SL and really not your business. New people, like older accounts, and those with multiple accounts, will be able to choose from all types eventually, when they are available. They aren't available at the minute for ANYONE because demand is outstripping supply. Nothing unfair about it and it will be resolved given time.

I will play how I like because what I like is available to all players, new and old and its no one's business how anyone else plays or how much they pay.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Fleur Aurelia said:

You live and learn.

Last year when I was new to Belli I had no idea you could change house models or that one of the log cabin models could be rotated.  I must have gone through quite a few houses looking for the perfect spot with the exact model of house on it I wanted. 🙈

Yes I did that too. I wanted the traditional with the balcony and got a bungalow so gave it up. lol

Someone said something to the effect of: "GOH is not fair to new Premium Accounts trying to get their first Linden Home."

I was one of those people trying to get their first Linden home a mere 4 and 1/2 months ago.

I had tried for one a couple of years ago when linden homes first came out, but they were all sold out. I tried about a year later and same thing... nothing available. I tried again early last Nov because a friend told me that she had just gotten one. And I got a log home -- my first!

[I should mention that at that time you had to try multiple times throughout the day to find anything that wasn't an old-style Meadowbrook home.. and when something Bellisserian came up, it was usually a log cabin (not a camper).]

The house itself was nice, but there was nothing special about the location. I really wanted one near water, so I gathered up my courage for a week... then abandoned it to try for another. This time I got a "dream spot"... a log cabin bordering a river. Woot!

Were people playing GOH while this happened? yes, of course they were. Did they prevent me (a brand new Linden Home owner) from getting a home I liked? No! Not at all.

The land page does not know or care about how many accounts a person owns or how many times they change homes -- it randomly offers different spots from it's queue to whoever is trying for one atm.

I took my chances along with everyone else. I got lucky on my second try.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

How was it with the old Linden homes? I seem to have read that styles were "sold out" when they were new.

If a newcomer wanted a Meadowbrook house and it was only Shareta Osumai left, what then? Take that house, or wait and refresh the page until you got lucky.

I actually remember those days.  Yes, there were some styles that were more popular and thus were all taken rather quickly.  If we didn't get the style we wanted, we either kept trying or we took something else.  There were even a few times when only some of the Fantasy styles were available, as those seemed to be the least popular.  I don't remember if the old homes ever hit a point of being totally sold out or not.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I actually remember those days.  Yes, there were some styles that were more popular and thus were all taken rather quickly.  If we didn't get the style we wanted, we either kept trying or we took something else.  There were even a few times when only some of the Fantasy styles were available, as those seemed to be the least popular.  I don't remember if the old homes ever hit a point of being totally sold out or not.

I had a split level and then an Asian inspired one.  I do recall I rarely saw anyone on either region.  They also weren't nearly as aesthetically pleasing.  In fact, they were pretty ugly places.  Never did try the hobbit houses though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I had a split level and then an Asian inspired one.  I do recall I rarely saw anyone on either region.  They also weren't nearly as aesthetically pleasing.  In fact, they were pretty ugly places.  Never did try the hobbit houses though.

They were definitely ugly, at least by today's standards, but we all still wanted one back then.  I actually tried every single style except for the Wizard's castle, though my preference was for the Oriental ones.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

but do they even know to keep going back and back and back?  My only point is, the playing field isn't fair to new people.

Everyone was new at one time, and there will continue to be new account holders for as long as SL continues. I've been a premium account holder in SL for about 10 years - and had a Meadowbrook for 8 of those. Because I never visited the forums or tended to even look at the email account attached to my avatar, I didn't even know that Bellisseria existed until 3 months after the houseboats were released. When I discovered quite by chance that new houses existed, I made a point of looking for some information, and wound up here, in this thread. Plenty of people who are new to SL have done the same. All it takes is a bit of curiosity and initiative, especially as it relates to an investment of nearly $100.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I remember those days, too, Rowan. It took me 10 years to get a place near the edge of an old Linden home region. I finally achieved that while I was refreshing the land page and dreaming of any Bellisseria home last year. Today I got a Victorian, a camper, a houseboat, and two Trads today. They all went back in the pool. Things are a lot better for new premium account holders than they were a year and a half ago.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

Things are a lot better for new premium account holders than they were a year and a half ago.

That part is definitely true.  I remember LL promoting Premium membership and the new Homes big back in mid-2019, yet those folks would sign up for Premium and then find no new homes at all.  They'd keep trying and not find anything.  The number of whine threads we had in this sub-forum alone was just astonishing.  It was non-stop screaming by many folks.  I'm so glad those days are over.

My understanding is that the biggest complaint against 'multiple alts & house hoarding' is mostly about one person that has dozens of alts and when a new region is released, said person and their alts manage to grab up almost all the homes in the new region.  Then folks have to wait for said person to decide to start releasing them, which apparently does not happen right away.

• Like 5

I possibly have the exact opposite problem to some? I had a super houseboat which I abandoned yesterday after a year and a half because I really fancied having a nice little house with a garden, somewhere I could plant flowers and be more cheerful in these challenging times. So I thought maybe a Victorian, there was one available right away, but for my tastes the house was too big. So I decided traditional. The very first I got had ocean on two sides which was incredible but the land was all sand. I wanted to love it, I even spent 2k on market place on tropical planting and decorated it, but I just couldn't love it. There were plentiful new options after I abandoned that, I tried a stilt on land, a log home and another traditional which didn't grab me, though the houses did.   I'm on my last chance today, just abandoned a stilt on water and about to give up a traditional which yet again has sand. I'm not even that close to the beach!

I'm not fussy, all I want is a traditional on a private lot under a mountain next to lake or on a cliff at the sea side, with grass. Thank you 😃 x

Hugs to all!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sabean Pagan said:

So I thought maybe a Victorian, there was one available right away, but for my tastes the house was too big. So I decided traditional. ....

I'm not fussy, all I want is a traditional on a private lot under a mountain next to lake or on a cliff at the sea side, with grass. Thank you 😃

I like your style!  Did you try the Doyle model of the Vics?  It's basically a small Victorian cottage.

Meanwhile, it's fun just to hop around, isn't it?  I have one alt who gave up a trad on the lake in Permaglow a couple of days ago, I wish I had known your wishes, it was pretty close!  And hey, who doesn't like a green waterfall?

He is doomed to step down to basic in June, meanwhile I figure he can hop the chalets.  Or possibly ... there's ONE stilt SSPE region .... well, anyway.  He got a houseboat within spitting distance of the chalets, so maybe he'll hold onto that for another week or two and see what happens.

This is all just to say have fun hopping, and I hope you get your ideal eventually :)  Meanwhile, don't forget to pick up the content packs for all the styles!

• Like 1

Back in the days of the old Linden Homes I would only go premium when they had a sale on, and I think the initial rush on Meadowbrook had subsided by the time I got one; the choice of styles was still limited, though. I would just pick something and stay there until my reduced-fee membership was up. I had a nice Tahoe next door to a park once, but apart from that the landscaping was much the same everywhere, so no real incentive to move around unless the neighbors were unusually obnoxious. It doesn't surprise me that some people haven't budged in a decade and show no signs of doing so.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, usagihara said:

Back in the days of the old Linden Homes I would only go premium when they had a sale on, and I think the initial rush on Meadowbrook had subsided by the time I got one; the choice of styles was still limited, though. I would just pick something and stay there until my reduced-fee membership was up. I had a nice Tahoe next door to a park once, but apart from that the landscaping was much the same everywhere, so no real incentive to move around unless the neighbors were unusually obnoxious. It doesn't surprise me that some people haven't budged in a decade and show no signs of doing so.

Same on waiting for the sales. I wanted a Meadowbrook when they were difficult to ge and discovered GOH even back then. I tried the other styles while I waited on a Meadowbrook and finally got one on a transition border into the Shareta homes so I had a pretty view and at least one nice neighbor. I really hope one of the upcoming themes is modern. I have many 50L fridays worth of Fancy Decor that I'd like to showcase.

• Like 7

Due to that underwater Mainland spot I bought (see the "WTH" thread), I decided I no longer need a LH Houseboat. 945952000_NewPLace-LLUnderwaterTunnel.png.071d499a7218dbc467f035792fd6d8c4.png

It was claimed moments after I abandoned it, so there was a minute or two where there were more than Campers available.HB1_001.thumb.png.7c7216fc03f94d81cf842e8c068f6df1.png

I then got a great Camper, adjacent to a big mountain and waterfall-pond, near a river, and a Linden lodge.  Personally, I love Campers, to the point of adding a few more to the parcel.  😁

1605769379_CampersnCarts.png.9e0dca8ef8f02b7994f3d629dd485119.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, Ulrika Jewell said:

Please can you give me a clue as to how I can get a Stilt house I am here at the lm you added but no idea how to get one xxx

you  wil have to log in at the landpage  i see four houses at the moment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ulrika Jewell said:

I know I sound stupid but where do I find land page 

its the home page of second life where you first joined SL   ,when you get there clik on go to my new home   ,then you get to the landpage 

Just now, Atina0 said:

its the home page of second life where you first joined SL   ,when you get there clik on go to my new home   ,then you get to the landpage 

right now i see a camper ,Vic and a loghome available 

With ,my 5 shots last night I got a stilt on land (same one twice), a stilt on pier, a Victorian and a log house in quite a lovely spot. Abandoned all because I was just fishing out of curiousity. It's just a matter of keeping refreshing the page for a while.

Edited by Elyeah
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.