When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Yes, it happens, and I'm not the only one who has watched it as it is going on. You need to be at a region the minute it releases to see what I am talking about. 

That's why I don't stalk regions. Too much heartbreak. I've scaled way back on GoH, even though I still have my eye on the prize. One day I'll get my river-facing green Trad. And then who knows how long I'll keep it? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

That's why I don't stalk regions. Too much heartbreak. I've scaled way back on GoH, even though I still have my eye on the prize. One day I'll get my river-facing green Trad. And then who knows how long I'll keep it? 

I have my focus on Mainland now and am having a blast map hopping the parcels for sale. I've already bought two really great ones! 

I'm sure the one(s) who have this weird compulsion to grab every home the second of release are glad for less competition, but at the end of the day, it's pixel homes and I'm not going to waste my time fighting alt armies of 20 or more for a particular parcel like it's a stupid Monopoly game. 😂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Malayaa said:

Will be releasing a waterfront (well...void front, who knows what the future will bring) On Land stilt at Seahawk http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Seahawk/191/157/25  at 8 am.  This location is nice because it has water in the front and the back..

seahawk.png.cf408a53541fd7ffa0304a6b40a05f70.png

This one is gorgeous. I tried to get it but the roll wasn't on my side. :D Thank you for popping it here.  I hope (and am sure that) the new owner will love it. ❤️

Edited by Kasha Redstar
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

She made a simple mistake with your name. You are the one who needs to calm down.

As for the rest of what you said, you seem to totally be missing the point, and I'm not going to waste time trying to change that. 

Wise choice, see my post about "the list", on another thread.  😉

• Like 2

I am kinda new to this, having gotten my first Bellisseria home on Nov 2. I was in the unusual situation of having used a few annual premium accounts to pay for a mainland parcel that I gave up end of October. Now those alts have Bellisseria homes.

I dont think I am actually a GOH player... I swapped out homes a few times on each account until I got locations I really liked, then kept them.

Even thought I am not changing homes much, I have been really enjoying this thread. I find it exciting to see what all everyone is doing. But I am still learning some of the technology and issues, etc.

I am not sure I understand what stalking a region means. Does it mean that someone watches for when a newly built region is released and then uses all their alts to try to get homes in that region?

I am not sure I understand the point of that... what does it accomplish?? Why would anyone want a bunch of homes all in the same neighborhood?

Also I am not sure I understand the harm of that.. I mean each person has paid for each premium alt, and each premium account is entitled to one linden home. And we cant control which property the linden land page gives us, so no guarantee of getting homes on a specific region.

Forgive my questions, but I am still trying to learn how this all works.

Thanks much.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I am kinda new to this, having gotten my first Bellisseria home on Nov 2. I was in the unusual situation of having used a few annual premium accounts to pay for a mainland parcel that I gave up end of October. Now those alts have Bellisseria homes.

I dont think I am actually a GOH player... I swapped out homes a few times on each account until I got locations I really liked, then kept them.

Even thought I am not changing homes much, I have been really enjoying this thread. I find it exciting to see what all everyone is doing. But I am still learning some of the technology and issues, etc.

I am not sure I understand what stalking a region means. Does it mean that someone watches for when a newly built region is released and then uses all their alts to try to get homes in that region?

I am not sure I understand the point of that... what does it accomplish?? Why would anyone want a bunch of homes all in the same neighborhood?

Also I am not sure I understand the harm of that.. I mean each person has paid for each premium alt, and each premium account is entitled to one linden home. And we cant control which property the linden land page gives us, so no guarantee of getting homes on a specific region.

Forgive my questions, but I am still trying to learn how this all works.

Thanks much.

The one that is using a lot of alts can take up half a region or so. It has been much speculation in how she manages (to be so quick), how many alts she has and why she does it.

It is best to forget it and say she does it because she can and want. Maybe it is the thrill. She is eventually leaving and moves on to another region.

Stalking a region means keeping an eye on it because you want that particular region. If you see it is released, you click on the Linden homes page as fast as you can, in the hope to get your dream house.

Some people log in an alt there, and wait. Before the region is released, it goes down a short time. When that alt is booted because the region closes, it is time to pay attention to when it is online again.

It can cause distress for some who has one Premium, and see they were too late(again) and that same group owns a lot of homes there. Or others who has more that one Premium ready, and still can't "beat" her to get a home. Or she get all the homes that border the water. Some has spent weeks or at least days waiting.

The desirable regions have many elements that people want. Water, good unobstructed views, a railroad station maybe, or the Moles has used a lot of love when building it. I must be honest and say I notice a difference in how pretty the regions are, many flowers used and such. Unique regions with elements like lighthouses are popular.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few words
  • Like 12

In defense of GOHers:

Claiming a lot of homes in a region, or ALL of the homes, is not a crime. It may annoy others, but it is not against TOS or nefarious. I'm a fast typist, so I could easily log in and out of many accounts if I wanted to and have the land page bookmarked, so it could be done fast, maybe 3 seconds per avatar. Just saying.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The one that is using a lot of alts can take up half a region or so. It has been much speculation in how she manages (to be so quick), how many alts she has and why she does it.

It is best to forget it and say she does it because she can and want. Maybe it is the thrill. She is eventually leaving and moves on to another region.

Stalking a region means keeping an eye on it because you want that particular region. If you see it is released, you click on the Linden homes page as fast as you can, in the hope to get your dream house.

Some people log in an alt there, and wait. Before the region is released, it goes down a short time. When that alt is booted because the region closes, it is time to pay attention to when it is online again.

It can cause distress for some who has one Premium, and see they were too late(again) and that same group owns a lot of homes there. Or others who has more that one Premium ready, and still can't "beat" her to get a home. Or she get all the homes that border the water. Some has spent weeks or at least days waiting.

The desirable regions have many elements that people want. Water, good unobstructed views, a railroad station maybe, or the Moles has used a lot of love when building it. I must be honest and say I notice a difference in how pretty the regions are, many flowers used and such. Unique regions with elements like lighthouses are popular.

5 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

In defense of GOHers:

Claiming a lot of homes in a region, or ALL of the homes, is not a crime. It may annoy others, but it is not against TOS or nefarious. I'm a fast typist, so I could easily log in and out of many accounts if I wanted to and have the land page bookmarked, so it could be done fast, maybe 3 seconds per avatar. Just saying.

These are spot on comments.  I will add that obtaining a desirable Linden Home parcel has always been a game of chance, even for serious GOH players.  The impact to  your average Bellisserian is minimal, as most may roll a few homes, but are generally happy just to have a Linden Home of their desired theme, period.  The people most impacted by the perfectly acceptable actions of the GOH heavyweights are the more casual GOH players.  It's simple, really; if you want those choice locations, spend more time and money than the person who is grabbing all of them.  Alternatively, you can wait for them to get bored with what they have collected, or try to steal one when they attempt to pass it to a friend, but you will still have to make the time and effort to be aware of the situation.  

As for act of deliberately using the "Linden Home" name to mislead other GOH players, if that is impacting your ability to grab a parcel you really want, then you were likely already going to miss out on it.  It's not something that I would do, but it doesn't impact me at all.  

For the record, I am a very casual GOHer.  I have benefitted in the past from serious players making an effort to pass homes to me, and I have returned the favor when possible, but I mostly just enjoy the occasional "roll and see what you get" experience.  I accept the fact that some people have more time and resources than I do, and I don't judge anyone for how they choose prioritize their SL activities.  No one is entitled to the perfect parcel.  As jealous as some of you are of the people who have claimed many homes that you want, know that there are several others coveting your digs.  Have a little perspective.  Be thankful for what you have.  Remember all of those "forever homes" that you released because the grass is always greener somewhere else.    

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

In defense of GOHers:

The bullying/bashing that I have seen on this forum and other pages is disheartening.  I have missed out on homes I had hoped for when a region released.  This is a game no matter how much or how little money or time one spends here.  I know of only one "land group" who would keep all the so-called ideal parcels on a given region.  Any one else, including myself, will give up all but that one special spot.  It may be a day or two later while we decide which that is, but the others will, eventually, go back in the pot.

I have a few avatars that I use to play GOH, usually on a casual basis.  I don't call them all alts because a few belong to daughters of mine.  I did make an alt in the name of my sister who I lost in 2019.  She isn't always lucky when it comes to grabbing a good spot but maybe she brings me luck.  

I have had others attempt at passing me nice locations and I have done the same for others.  I am very grateful that we have Bellisseria in our Second Lives.  It has given me renewed interest in the virtual world and has provided me many interactions I enjoy and new friends made.

• Like 7

I suspect that at least some of the ones defending the monopolizing of new releases are beneficiaries of the bounty when the stash of homes are doled out to "friends". :)  (The idea that all the spares are released into the wild is nice, but not what actually happens.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Alright, I guess I'll wade into this too.  My take on it is probably not going to be what people expect though.  In the past I have come into this thread to defend those who were aggressively playing the GOH with many alts.  My point then (which I still hold to) is that if people want to throw massive amounts of real cash at Linden Labs to make as many premium as they want then have at it.  I want SL to be around for a long time and I still do.  So I always am supportive of people throwing money at the Lab.

BUT

Here is the thing about choosing to do that.  Just because you can do it, and just because you can then canvass an entire region in 10 minutes or less and cherry pick it so quickly that the casual user hardly has a chance, does NOT mean you are also entitled to choose this behavior without people being upset over it.

If you are a casual user out there playing GOH with your 1 or 2 avatars and you consistently see the exact same 2 or 3 people flooding every single new region over and over and over again that is going to be frustrating.  Their frustration is freaking valid! Sadly there is not a whole lot you can do about it though other then keep trying.  As a casual GOH player myself I know from experience that patience will eventually pay off with a lucky hit on a nice Linden Home plot.

However, if you are one of the BIG mega GOH players who has scores of premium alts sweeping through entire regions on a daily basis clearing out all the cherry spots so quickly only to hold onto them for several days while deciding which ones to keep... Yes that is all your right to do so.  You PAID for that right to do it.  But here is something paying for that right did NOT buy you.  It did not BUY you entitlement to the casual players feelings.  The casual player may not have the resources to do what you are doing, yet they are in SL for the same reason, to enjoy it.  Seeing the exact same people time and time again yank brand new cherry spots out from under their grasp nearly everyday will eventually crack even the most patient of people.  Do not expect that anyone in their position will be happy with that.  I know some who have given up on Bellisseria altogether because of it.  I know others who have totally dropped their premium status.  Is that a bit extreme? Yes.  But its their valid experience.

Here is my advice to both kinds of GOH players.

If you are the casual type of GOH player who may only have 1 premium or can count their premium alts on one hand.  Keep on trying!  Maybe pay less attention to new regions and try for abandons.  Every single good spot I have ever hit as a casual player came from abandons and not from newly released regions.  You will eventually get lucky even if it takes months and months of trying.

If you are one of the Big Mega players and have so many premium alts now that you might fail a test if you were asked to name your own alts.  You will get good lots just by the nature of the advantage you rightfully purchased.  But Second Life is not just a game... its a real community with people.  Maybe have some level of consideration for your fellow players who can't purchase up dozens of premium alts.  Maybe don't swarm entire regions with a horde of alts so fast. And if you do, if some particular region is THAT important to you maybe don't hold onto all the cherry spots for 48 hours while deciding which one is best.  You already know you are not going to keep them all.  Quickly release them and I'm sure it will relieve some of the stress of your fellow casual GOH players.

At the end of the day we are all here to have fun in this world.  But its important to have consideration for others as we have our fun.  Be thankful that there are some people so passionate about SL they throw a ton of money at it to help it economically grow.  But on the flip side, if you are throwing a lot of money at it be thankful for the many casual users there to populate the world you love so much that you would throw your hard earned resources at.  I dare say SL could not exist on any long term basis without either group.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I suspect that at least some of the ones defending the monopolizing of new releases are beneficiaries of the bounty when the stash of homes are doled out to "friends". :)  (The idea that all the spares are released into the wild is nice, but not what actually happens.)

As previously stated, I have benefitted from a targeted abandon or two, but I would feel the same way even if I hadn't.  Nice parcels that are going to be tossed are often posted in this very thread, and many of the people who list them are willing to try to pass them on to anyone who asks, no strings attached or secret handshakes required. 

To be very clear, I personally don't like the monopolizing actions of the serious GOHers, but I recognize their validity, and I do think it is somewhat hypocritical for less successful GOHers to complain about it. I know it is frustrating to see the same alt group grabbing all the best spots, but If the usual suspects weren't doing it, it would be someone else...a semi-serious GOHer, a frequent casual player, or even someone who is upset by the status quo. 

In short, don't hate the player (at least not for this reason), hate the game.      

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

In short, don't hate the player (at least not for this reason), hate the game.      

Perhaps the difference in perception is that some don't see SL as just a "game".

What seems like great fun to one person, grabbing every house they possibly can in the shortest amount of time, is not fun at all for the players that person is shutting out. Why, some might even call that act of snatching everything up to be a form of "bullying". I wouldn't know, since i hate how that word is misused and overused. 

Aside from that, what Evangeline said sums it up perfectly, so back to hunting awesome Mainland parcels I go. :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

35 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Perhaps the difference in perception is that some don't see SL as just a "game".

What seems like great fun to one person, grabbing every house they possibly can in the shortest amount of time, is not fun at all for the players that person is shutting out. Why, some might even call that act of snatching everything up to be a form of "bullying". I wouldn't know, since i hate how that word is misused and overused. 

Aside from that, what Evangeline said sums it up perfectly, so back to hunting awesome Mainland parcels I go. :) 

I was using "game" in reference to the Game of Homes, not SL.  The process for claiming Linden Homes is set up to make it (un)fair for everyone.  Obviously some have figured out ways to increase the odds of successfully claiming preferred locations by throwing an army of alts at the issue and using monitoring strategies that tip them off regarding when to initiate claims in mass. 

The assumption is that if the alt armies weren't grabbing all of those parcels, that these great locations would be easily obtainable by the casual GOHer.  In some cases, it could happen.  As Evangeline noted, great parcels can be had if you are patient and cast your net at the right time.  For most of us, though, we aren't using enough alts to ensure that we are going to catch those gems.  We are more likely to catch the rubbish in the queue that others have cast aside.  Obviously the dynamics change depending on how many of a given theme are available, but when there is ample inventory, as there currently is for multiple themes, it's purely about the numbers.  

I sympathize with those who are genuinely dejected by seeing the same people grab all the best spots, but again, your issue isn't with them (unless they are doing it intentionally to spite you).  They are merely using the tools made available to everyone who is willing to pay for a large number of alts.  The real problem is with the way the Linden Home process works.  I hope they don't change it though, as the result would likely make catching a great location even less likely, not more. 

I know this won't soothe the hurt feelings that some of you are experiencing, but look at it this way.  Would you be willing to pay 10-20 times more for a premium account, and increase the amount of time you spend house hunting by an order of magnitude if it allowed you to choose a specific available parcel?  That is essentially what the power GOHers are doing, and even then, they aren't guaranteed to get any specific plot.    

• Like 4

The three best homes I have had were random releases. I had not seen anyone post them, or tried to coordinate a transfer with another.

That is bloody hard to do, having one person abandon and another person ready and manage to grab it. The idea of GoH with lots of alts taking up homes and pass them on to friends is ehh... ? They can have friends in their group that they let use a home, but I know others who do that, and what's good for the goose should be good for the gander.

And the group move on to other regions. If they didn't, they would have to be 100+ alts now. Their abandoned homes go back in the pool.

• Like 3

It's actually quite easy to pass a home to someone, as long as that particular theme (say, trads) is not flooding the land page at the moment in question. I've done it many times, and I know of quite a few other people who are successful with it as well. 

To clarify, I'm not personally dejected, invested, or anything else by any of this. I don't even have a free alt to play GOH with, even if I wanted to. As previously stated, my time now is being spent scouting Mainland parcels, and I'm greatly enjoying the stress-free, hassle-free, "no need to obsessively watch a land page and hope you can beat out an alt army" experience. My new neighbors are nice, too! :) 

I've just been in here supporting the ones who are still trying to play GOH and have expressed dismay with how lopsided things seem to be every.single.time a region is released. There will always be some who support and endorse that sort of thing, and some who do not.  *shrug*

• Like 5

On to something less polarizing.  My partner and I are returning this lovely houseboat, if anyone is looking for one.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Penitent Beach/135/121/22

It's near The Fairgrounds, daily boat parade, and is on a coveted end spot.  We are downsizing, but this should be a keeper for someone.  I'll be releasing it at 10:30AM SLT sharp.  Good luck!

abandon_024.thumb.png.b8f30e0a1511d5f3b4c93ddc5d78e5f2.png

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It's actually quite easy to pass a home to someone, as long as that particular theme (say, trads) is not flooding the land page at the moment in question. I've done it many times, and I know of quite a few other people who are successful with it as well. 

To clarify, I'm not personally dejected, invested, or anything else by any of this. I don't even have a free alt to play GOH with, even if I wanted to. As previously stated, my time now is being spent scouting Mainland parcels, and I'm greatly enjoying the stress-free, hassle-free, "no need to obsessively watch a land page and hope you can beat out an alt army" experience. My new neighbors are nice, too! :) 

I've just been in here supporting the ones who are still trying to play GOH and have expressed dismay with how lopsided things seem to be every.single.time a region is released. There will always be some who support and endorse that sort of thing, and some who do not.  *shrug*

When I realized what was going on, I had neither the inclination nor the time to be disheartened every single time a region was released :(  Though LL must make a ton of money on people who play that sort of game, they lost my money.  I downgraded both my main and my alts...on to better things :)

Edited by Kylie Jaxxon
spelling
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

On to something less polarizing.  My partner and I are returning this lovely houseboat, if anyone is looking for one.

It's near The Fairgrounds, daily boat parade, and is on a coveted end spot.  We are downsizing, but this should be a keeper for someone.  I'll be releasing it at 10:30AM SLT sharp.  Good luck!

That is an epic spot to give up!  I hope someone out there sees this and grabs hold.  I recognized that spot as one of my top 10 favorite houseboat locations.  I have a great Houseboat already otherwise i would try myself.  But get in on this if you can.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Evangeline Ling said:

That is an epic spot to give up!  I hope someone out there sees this and grabs hold.  I recognized that spot as one of my top 10 favorite houseboat locations.  I have a great Houseboat already otherwise i would try myself.  But get in on this if you can.

1 hour ago, Matthieu Quander said:

WOW! Missed it, I was driving home but that's a stunning location. I absolutely would have kept an eye out for it, obviously not when driving :D

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Just because you can do it...does NOT mean you are also entitled to choose this behavior without people being upset over it...

Their frustration is freaking valid!

dog3-550x366.png.4a52e83cfbd563fcc764260ccd28b7eb.png

7 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Second Life is not just a game... its a real community with people.  Maybe have some level of consideration for your fellow players who can't purchase up dozens of premium alts. 

But that's precisely why they are doing it.  It's not enough to own things.  Owning stuff means NOTHING if you don't own MORE than others.  What's the point of being rich if you can't do that?  What's the point of entitlement, then?  Entitlement is dependent upon others being not entitled.  Entire political and economic systems are built around that concept.  It's a sad reality, one I hope will change.  But it's far from surprising this disgusting philosophy has infected SL.  Indeed, it's been a part of Second Life since the very beginning, way before the root prim of the first Linden Home was ever rezzed.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 6

I can't be having with chasing after homes all the time, but I have spent more time than I should playing GOH. After reading the recent comments, though, I let go of my perfect houseboat and moved all my alts into a Victorian. It's a little crowded, and the furniture won't fit, but now I feel virtuous.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.