When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

28 minutes ago, Dora Paule said:

Happy New Year everybody :)

My game of homes is over, I think I had a good prize with my current Linden at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Neville/177/136/32
Could only let this go if I got another Victorian on the beach shoreline, I'm more comfortable on sand than grass.

Maybe one day Linden will allow the owners to exchange their homes with ohters, who knows :) 

Good luck :P

Dora.jpg

Perfect location, congrats!!!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dora Paule said:

Maybe one day Linden will allow the owners to exchange their homes with ohters, who knows

Hopefully never. 

If it were possible, the system would be gamed no matter what.  Unscrupulous person A keeps going through homes until they find something that many consider desirable.  Under the table they offer to exchange it to someone that wants it, for a "finders fee" of course.  They then abandon the one the exchanged for, that is maybe not as desirable, and start hopping through homes again until they get another one that is desirable by many.  Once again they do an exchange with an under the counter finders fee involved.  Rinse, repeat.

There are many people that would pay said finders fee, all very quietly and hush-hush, in order to get their dreamland plot.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If it were possible, the system would be gamed no matter what.  Unscrupulous person A keeps going through homes until they find something that many consider desirable.  Under the table they offer to exchange it to someone that wants it, for a "finders fee" of course.

Yep, all you have to do is make the finder's fee high enough to support multiple premium accounts and you can 'lock out' normal users of the system.

If you ran 10 accounts, that's $100... which is actually only about 26,000L - so you charge 15,000 fee... and you're sure to clear more than 2 a month... and so you scale that up to 20 accounts... and then 30... and so on...

Eventually you and a couple competitors are cycling through the listings so much that a normal person's odds are noticeably impacted. Especially during times when there isn't a steady supply of new releases...

• Like 2

having the fun of being locked out again.. used all tries for 24 hours..
and seriously... had 3 boats and two sold outs... gone ... try again tommorrow... grrrr

thinking to let a Victorian go, and try to find a Trad .. smaller so more fun in the gardening ... butttt the chance to find one is minimal now ( and i didn't tell Ethan yet it's his home that has to go)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

thinking to let a Victorian go, and try to find a Trad .. smaller so more fun in the gardening ... butttt the chance to find one is minimal now ( and i didn't tell Ethan yet it's his home that has to go)

That made me laugh thinking about my poor partner, who can't keep up on where we are living from week to week. "Have we moved again?" lol

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That made me laugh thinking about my poor partner, who can't keep up on where we are living from week to week. "Have we moved again?" lol

Mine stopped using his account like a month ago. He said he couldnt keep up with all this moving, and thinks I'm having some post traumatic stress due to our RL- 4-months- house renovation

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

15 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

having the fun of being locked out again.. used all tries for 24 hours..
and seriously... had 3 boats and two sold outs... gone ... try again tommorrow... grrrr

I suppose that starting from next week some traditional regions (nice ones) start to get released again.... There seems to be a lot of them getting ready....

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, AveryWitt said:

Off topic... anybody know who the other 3 avatars are on the SL page before you log in? I know Patch is over on the left but don't know who the other 3 are....

I assume it's Patch any ways even though there are no mouse ears...

If there are no mouse ears, then I highly doubt it is Patch.  I don't think he ever goes around without those ears.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Candle on the Water

I'm at work, so I can't get to Flickr right now -- are there truly no mousy ears there?  I don't think I noticed at the time it was posted.  

Oh well... back to the topic (though this is most definitely not the first derail in this thread and definitely won't be the last).

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm at work, so I can't get to Flickr right now -- are there truly no mousy ears there?  I don't think I noticed at the time it was posted.  

It's the one and ONLY @Patch Linden no-mouse-ears picture, EVAR. Hahaha. I was just being funny to your comment, which is actually 99.43% pure true.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.