When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So this one is more about "what home will you abandon?"

But...

OMG my tier bill hits at midnight and I still can't decide between an awesome plot in coral bay or an awesome plot in fishtown...

Coral Bay:

original_5e079958d774f83be597a9e2.png

original_5e079b3b73ed17607aae48b3.png

original_5e07a3a4d9859c3ea8ecc72e.png

Fishtown:

original_5e068bb5d774f83f6313dcfb.png

original_5e068bf8d9859c3315ecc72e.png

original_5e0a5fb0d774f8639c97a9e2.png

By midnight I need to pick between:

• Drop Coral bay and reduce my land tier down to 2048m/month, saving $9
  • Drop Fishtown and take my alt to basic, saving about $10/month
  • Keep em both and save nothing because I can't decide even though I have the EXACT SAME BUILD rezzed in both... minus a gatcha item and a no-copy squirrel... O.o

Been staring at these all week....

I like the space behind the plot in Coral Bay - two bouy's that look like Pokemon balls, a camp site, and a pond. The shot out for a boat is a little cramped but unique. The neighbor who rezzed a piece of Bermuda on the coast of Seattle drives me visually nuts... She since added a boat but on the far side so it doesn't block the sand from my site like I wish it did... The view south is open water until I hit a draw distance of several hundred, but a little more than Fishtown.

Fishtown has that lighthouse and is on a corner. The little walkway behind it has a cute spot to sit on, and the region behind has a walking path. A corner region away is Mordor, and if you squint you can just imagine the "Eye of Sauron" watching you from Pyri Peak... That is randomly cool or annoying depending on my mood... There's one child-AV on the sim but not an immediate neighbor... but it still makes it awkward when you're an SL-Nudist used to 'A' land and never being private... Child-AVs can pop up anywhere and when I first got it a neighbor on Coral Bay was also a Child-AV (that since left). The view east is open water for about a draw distance of several hundred.

BOTH of these open up to some of the best sailing I've ever seen in SL... DESPITE being south of Bellisseria and WEST of some very bad mainland... there just happens to be a LOT of good open water that looks like it might stay that way because things would get weird in layout if they filled it. But there are 3 G-rated sims north of Fishtown so the direct route to Bellisseria is "blocked" by 'G' water... (years ago most water in SL was rated G... around Bellisseria, some of Blake Sea, and all of Zindra make up MOST of the exceptions... this part of mainland, Jeogeot is also an exception but for those 3 isolated regions that are just randomly the wrong maturity rating for everything around them...

People I ask just say "this is your decision..." 🤬

• Like 5

@Pussycat Catnap  I went and checked out both.  I can't decide which one I would pick,  they both are fabulous locations.  I am more partial to open water though so Fishtown looks like it has more of that and the lighthouse is a plus.  I usually keep my draw distance around 120 at the max when I am home so for me the mountain wouldn't be a problem, however, if i had to look at it all the time then that would be a deal breaker for me.

Coral Bay has a very unique entry and it is nice and green and that is a plus for me.   It also faces open water another plus,  however I feel a bit more boxed in with that one, but just a bit and not enough to be a deal breaker for me.

And yes, it is your decision! 🤣.  I don't think you can really go wrong with either location.  If you really are not sure then you can keep it for another month and decide then.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

By midnight I need to pick between:

• Drop Coral bay and reduce my land tier down to 2048m/month, saving $9
  • Drop Fishtown and take my alt to basic, saving about $10/month
  • Keep em both and save nothing because I can't decide even though I have the EXACT SAME BUILD rezzed in both... minus a gatcha item and a no-copy squirrel... O.o

Been staring at these all week....

I like the space behind the plot in Coral Bay - two bouy's that look like Pokemon balls, a camp site, and a pond. The shot out for a boat is a little cramped but unique. The neighbor who rezzed a piece of Bermuda on the coast of Seattle drives me visually nuts... She since added a boat but on the far side so it doesn't block the sand from my site like I wish it did... The view south is open water until I hit a draw distance of several hundred, but a little more than Fishtown.

Fishtown has that lighthouse and is on a corner. The little walkway behind it has a cute spot to sit on, and the region behind has a walking path. A corner region away is Mordor, and if you squint you can just imagine the "Eye of Sauron" watching you from Pyri Peak... That is randomly cool or annoying depending on my mood... There's one child-AV on the sim but not an immediate neighbor... but it still makes it awkward when you're an SL-Nudist used to 'A' land and never being private... Child-AVs can pop up anywhere and when I first got it a neighbor on Coral Bay was also a Child-AV (that since left). The view east is open water for about a draw distance of several hundred.

BOTH of these open up to some of the best sailing I've ever seen in SL... DESPITE being south of Bellisseria and WEST of some very bad mainland... there just happens to be a LOT of good open water that looks like it might stay that way because things would get weird in layout if they filled it. But there are 3 G-rated sims north of Fishtown so the direct route to Bellisseria is "blocked" by 'G' water... (years ago most water in SL was rated G... around Bellisseria, some of Blake Sea, and all of Zindra make up MOST of the exceptions... this part of mainland, Jeogeot is also an exception but for those 3 isolated regions that are just randomly the wrong maturity rating for everything around them...

People I ask just say "this is your decision..." 🤬

I like the Coral Bay location better.  The Bermuda build is a non-issue.  Derender the stuff at that location.  If you went with the other, you could just as easily end up with a new neighbor next door that does the same thing.  If you don't want to derender it, you could always add some sea plants/trees that grow up a bit above the dock to help hide it.  At Coral Bay, if the boat exiting gets to be too much of a pain, add some of your own docking and move the boat itself over towards that sand stuff.  

ETA:  I changed my mind.  I actually went and stood on both upper decks and looked around at what I'd see if I was just relaxing out there.  At Fishtown, though you have some close houseboats from the side view, your straight out view is fabulous there. So a terrific view via the front downstairs windows, the upper deck and the upper room.  Whereas at Coral Bay, your only long distance clear view is looking out the side windows or from the side of that upper deck.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

... /firstSLproblems... O.o

I never thought I'd manage to get even 1 great spot... but instead I managed both of these, and my Victorian keeper.

Whichever one I do give up will make somebody happy.

BEFORE I got these I spent a week looking at the 'Dahm Strait' clone of the Coral Bay plot (somewhere I made a post about that)... and once I saw all the water by that southern Island I realized Coral Bay was essemtially my dream spot +1... but Fishtown has such a unique view...

Just to poke me over all this... IF I give up Coral Bay and reduce my tier... I will still have 861m of unused land tier...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

... /firstSLproblems... O.o

I never thought I'd manage to get even 1 great spot... but instead I managed both of these, and my Victorian keeper.

Whichever one I do give up will make somebody happy.

All true!  I sent someone to look at both.  For me, Coral Bay would be the keeper.  At Fish Tale, it felt like there was a lot of stuff looming over the parcel.  The lighthouse with all its houseboats is so close that it felt to me like it was looming over your place, and of course tho Pyri is indeed kinda cool, it's also really looming over Fish Tale.  And, the traditional homes RIGHT in back of you are also sort of looming.  In Coral Bay, you have cute landscaping on two sides, open water in front, and an awful build next door.  Derender and wait for that person to decide that Coral Bay is not tropical enough.  And yes, the water around Fish Tale is nice, it has cool sort of 'destinations' here and there, but it is not at all far from Coral Bay.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

All true!  I sent someone to look at both.  For me, Coral Bay would be the keeper.  At Fish Tale, it felt like there was a lot of stuff looming over the parcel.  The lighthouse with all its houseboats is so close that it felt to me like it was looming over your place, and of course tho Pyri is indeed kinda cool, it's also really looming over Fish Tale.  And, the traditional homes RIGHT in back of you are also sort of looming.  In Coral Bay, you have cute landscaping on two sides, open water in front, and an awful build next door.  Derender and wait for that person to decide that Coral Bay is not tropical enough.  And yes, the water around Fish Tale is nice, it has cool sort of 'destinations' here and there, but it is not at all far from Coral Bay.

I have a feeling we are all going to make the decision harder for her! hahahaha

• Haha 7

@Pussycat CatnapI still vote for Fishtown! Coral Bay is very pretty but there is a lot of pretty in Bellisseria. I just love the character of Fishtown and its surrounding areas, and OMG a lighthouse so close you can almost touch it! 

Actually, I'd vote to keep both, but if that is not an option, then yeah... I like Fishtown. :D 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Actually, I'd vote to keep both, but if that is not an option, then yeah... I like Fishtown. :D 

Yeah so...

Basically that.

I bumped an alt's tier up to '512' which let me bump my main down to '2048'.

Net savings of $5. Basically a cup of coffee... But also not looking at 1800+ of unused tier anymore...

- I can afford to buy a 384m plot of mainland -somewhere- which is a LOT LESS tempting of a 'lets throw money at stupid' than the 1800+ was... :)

Got 1 month to shake one of these plots... which means I hope all my neighbors that have empty houses finish by then or I get to know one and that helps...

Over the last few months I have been slowly shedding mainland down to having just one double prim plot now that... I barely use since Bellisseria...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Over the last few months I have been slowly shedding mainland down to having just one double prim plot now that... I barely use since Bellisseria...

Same. The only Mainland I have left now is one parcel on the Atoll and two in Bay City, all of which I've had forever. I've shifted much of my land allowance over to Bellisseria. 

Playing Game of (Camper) Homes again tonight, I got this one (the red camper just to the left of the waterfall). I can't believe all the water locations popping up lately!

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Same. The only Mainland I have left now is one parcel on the Atoll and two in Bay City, all of which I've had forever. I've shifted much of my land allowance over to Bellisseria.

ONLY ??? :D

I think we both need to start going to 'land owners anonymous' meetings... 😮

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

All this ...!!  :)

I am back in the game because of the "looming" ... After yesterday I had decided to settle down my last roaming alt in Alewife I got so curious what goes on on the LP that I even made another brandnw (BASIC) alt to be able to at least LOOK. Then I flew around a bit over the yet undeveloped coast- regions of north Bellisseria and it looked as if this steep cliff will stay just that: a steep bare cliff!

...and facing THAT is not really interesing at all but just this ... LOOMING! ... So off my roaming alt went, abandoned Alewife (though I even had started to furnish it) ... and is now idly from time to time refreshing the LP by hand and ocasionally picking up a Trad or a Vic if they appear ... just to see how very much LESS desirable they are than the ones I allready have... and abandon immediately! *lol*

Today it was Colchester (sandy lot three rows away from the sea) and just now I picked up Longbridge (inlandish) - will go!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

All this ...!!  :)

I am back in the game because of the "looming" ... After yesterday I had decided to settle down my last roaming alt in Alewife I got so curious what goes on on the LP that I even made another brandnw (BASIC) alt to be able to at least LOOK. Then I flew around a bit over the yet undeveloped coast- regions of north Bellisseria and it looked as if this steep cliff will stay just that: a steep bare cliff!

...and facing THAT is not really interesing at all but just this ... LOOMING! ... So off my roaming alt went, abandoned Alewife (though I even had started to furnish it) ... and is now idly from time to time refreshing the LP by hand and ocasionally picking up a Trad or a Vic if they appear ... just to see how very much LESS desirable they are than the ones I allready have... and abandon immediately! *lol*

Today it was Colchester (sandy lot three rows away from the sea) and just now I picked up Longbridge (inlandish) - will go!

I knew you couldn’t stay out of the game ;) Happy hunting!

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, tinker Shelman said:

Bit curoius, i am from the uk. people say they  have alts, that  means they pay extra money for for prem membership to get he houses they want. Are people so addicted to SLthat  they have to get extra  houses or is it a means of trying  to beat each other  to the best houses. For me it difficult to explain what im an seeing when i see the posts

For certain people obtaining a Linden home has become a kind of game, in which they are jumping from one to other with their premium alts, the "home collectors".

What explanation does this have?, it would be something that one of them should answer and not me.  it's hard to explain why they upgraded premium alts only for a month to play this home game, getting and leaving houses almost continuously, just to display the photos here.  But having one or 20 premium accounts is private of each person, it's their money. They could invest that money buying a property where they like it, I think it would even be cheaper :)

Happy New Year, by the way.

Edited by Lucille Babenco
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

"home collectors".

there are nó home collectors. A premium account can have only one Linden Home

20 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

What explanation does this have?, it would be something that one of them should answer and not me.

that happened several times, but seems not to be what you think, or want it to be

20 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

it's hard to explain why they upgraded premium alts only for a month to play this home game, getting and leaving houses almost continuously, just to display the photos here. 

who said they are only premium for a month? .. and it's not to put pictures here, and it's everyones own reason to do it, not hard to explain at all

21 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

They could invest that money buying a property where they like it, I think it would even be cheaper

yes they could .. and it's great .. but it;s not Bellisseria, money for costs is the responsibillity of every member alone... they could, and cheaper is only a sign you don't see the fun about it.

• Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

For certain people obtaining a Linden home has become a kind of game, in which they are jumping from one to other with their premium alts, the "home collectors".

What explanation does this have?, it would be something that one of them should answer and not me.  it's hard to explain why they upgraded premium alts only for a month to play this home game, getting and leaving houses almost continuously, just to display the photos here.  But having one or 20 premium accounts is private of each person, it's their money. They could invest that money buying a property where they like it, I think it would even be cheaper :)

Well I can only answer for myself: In the nearly 13 years I am in Second Life now I have made 6 alts (5 girls 1 man) just to play with them like with Barby Dolls, dressing them up. During the years they developed different personalities and I looked at them as a kind of family with Leora the eldest sister and the typist mother of them all. Never has any of them been premium, Leora tested premium for a month a few times but none of the advantages is anything that I care for. I hate the mainland with it's chaos of ungly buildings and the old homes aswell that reminded me of a batterie of rabbit cages. *evilgrin*

The new homes and Bellisseria have been a game changer for me. As soon as I got the news Leora became premium for a year. But in the first big release I realized how unpleasant it is to be only one: you get something meh and as soon as you abandon it get something even worse and regret to have given it up. Then I bought a months premium for two alts, getting better results, always giving the worst of the three homes up, slowly climbing the ladder of quality (which lies in the eyes of the beholder of course).

When the Squishy Pickle was release I bought two more one month premiums ... and THEN ... the price-rise was annouced!! When you calculate carefully the old yearly price was near zero as you got nearly the whole amount back as weekly stipend of 300 L$, but now it rose by about 20US$ per year!! So in a quick decision I bought a whole year for all seven using the last opportunity to get the old very cheap price!

Since then the "game of homes" grew on me together with this thread and several of the hardcore househunters feeding it! It is fascinating and amuses me more then the last years of Second Life before had done. By now I slowly climbed the quality ladder and have now two Victorians and three Traditionals  and one Houseboat that I like a terrible lot! Only one alt left for the hopping and roaming.

Only hard decision will come in April: I planned till then to have the one perfect home I keep and abandon all others, degrading six alts back to Basic. But now ... I might keep a Traditional ... plus a Houseboat ... plus maybe a Victorian? And will I really live without a FREE alt for hunting and testing?? ... So maybe I'll buy two ... or three ... or four yearly premiumaccounts? Anyway all much cheaper than renting a homestead!! *lol*

PS: and YES I confess I like to have several of a kind! Si instead of decorating a Winchester and then tearing everything down and start anew with an Alderley I can test and furnish different types at the same time and later decide which I like best! Same with Vics! The Shelley and the Verne are my favourits - I test them both in two places.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Lucille, I really don't get your tendency to look for a constant confrontation in your posts: everybody is free to do with their money, their time and their avis whatever they want. They do not need to provide any explanations, like RL is not demanding enough

Acaba de arrancar el año, a lo mejor es hora de soltar un poquito y disfrutar más

Edited by Elena Core
grammar mistakes, again
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lucille Babenco said:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

there are nó home collectors. A premium account can have only one Linden Home

that happened several times, but seems not to be what you think, or want it to be

who said they are only premium for a month? .. and it's not to put pictures here, and it's everyones own reason to do it, not hard to explain at all

yes they could .. and it's great .. but it;s not Bellisseria, money for costs is the responsibillity of every member alone... they could, and cheaper is only a sign you don't see the fun about it.

why do you bother ?   since when do you decide what others do with their accounts ?

Edited by Atina0
to many lines
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lucille Babenco said:

You know, your posts tend to sound bitter and envious, especially with your repeated references in a negative fashion to... photos? Really? If our sharing of lovely locations bothers you so, perhaps this is not the best thread for you to peruse. (Although I guess if you actually take pleasure in judging others, you're having a grand time here!)

It's no one else's business why people spend their money as they do, how much they spend, how many homes they have, or how many photos they post. A good New Year's resolution might be "enjoy what I have, and don't begrudge others what they have". You're welcome!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lucille Babenco said:

First, in RL, most people are hoping to get their perfect idea of "home" whether that's a house, apartment, condo or a tent in a forest. Most of the time, we settle because it's hard to find that elusive combination of perfect we seek; but luckily in SL it's easy to move on and find some other location that suits our needs and desires.

Why obsess on this and begrudge this to others? It's really an unbecoming attribute in a person. It's of no concern or impact in your own life so why bring it up?

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

First, in RL, most people are hoping to get their perfect idea of "home" whether that's a house, apartment, condo or a tent in a forest. Most of the time, we settle because it's hard to find that elusive combination of perfect we seek; but luckily in SL it's easy to move on and find some other location that suits our needs and desires.

Why obsess on this and begrudge this to others? It's really an unbecoming attribute in a person. It's of no concern or impact in your own life so why bring it up?

i have two steady premium accounts that i both use  ,and yes i have FUN  playing with them ,i made another alt a temp premium purely to play and hop around with just because i can and i have fun doing it  ,SL  is merely a game and its just to each player how much money they want to spend on it , anyone has the right to do the same  .there is no need for spiteful post ,just hop on and find your desired place ,have a happy hunting  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.