When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Sylvia Olivier said:

Is Havenbarrow boats?

Here's a quick way to check any region out without going inworld.  Put a SLURL into your browser address line, like:

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Havenbarrow/128/128/25

it will bring up the web version of the inworld map, and it will be centered on the region in the slurl, in this case Havenbarrow.  Scroll in as far as you can, and you can see what sorts of parcels there are.  Traditionals look like boxes, often with one pointy end, and campers look like little rectangles.

Slurls are not magic, they're just URLs.  So, once you're on the map, go to the address line and replace "Havenbarrow" with any other region name, even one with spaces, and voila.  Like most URLs, SLURLs are not sensitive to capitalization.  If, for example, you put in "Piranhaconda Bay", you'd be looking at a good candidate for the next all-houseboat region to be released, probably later this week.  Maybe even by tomorrow or Wednesday.  I doubt it would be today, looking good for Wicked Stepmother next ... but you never can tell. 

Those tricksy Lindens :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

The slur thinggy does not work for me ,, it will not even zoom  and never worked for me inworld either ,,, i am not techi   .I t just says do you want to visitis this and a side bar of destinations 

OK, but at least you can see the map, right?  So you can see whether there are campers, traditionals, or boats on the region.

Re: zooming, there should be a little rectangular box in the upper left with a plus and minus sign on it, that will zoom.  The map can only zoom in so far, so if you keep hitting "+" and nothing changes, that's as far as it will zoom.

If SLURLs are not working for you inworld (that is, if you click "Visit this location" on the web map and a landmark doesn't open up in your viewer), then probably your system needs a tweak.  Even if you're not using Firestorm, their wiki is sometimes a better source for viewer troubleshooting than LL's:

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/slurl

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2019 at 1:00 PM, Leora Jacobus said:

I went inworld and hopped around in the NEW and newly named regions. They added a lot of land in the south and east of Belli ... and renamed some in the west. Besides 

SSPE180    Havenbarrow (the last one I knew of ) there are these new ones .... 

SSPE195    Wicked Stepmother
SSPE291    Piranhaconda Bay
SSPE306    Sirens Rock
SSPE307    Lobster Bight
SSPE323    Fish Tale
SSPE325    Tinwhistle

... to be released in the next week - a lot of them houseboats!

Just looked around at these -- whoever gets a Sirens Rock boat will have amazing lighthouse & ocean views (with only 5 parcels in the region)! Will be watching for that one...

• Like 2

To people looking and doing the click click click thing, just a reminder to pull down the menu tab. I've caught it several times today when the screen comes up Meadowbrook but there is a Bellisseria home available by using the menu pulldown. (And I only just now noticed that the OP misspelled Bellisseria :) )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The fewer that know the better! :)

Lots of people standing in and around there today and people arriving at lighthouse to watch the waiters ..... I notice these things when I am stalking an area :)

As an edit though most of Sirens Rock points inland and not to the channel which keeps it out of the running generally for me. I think maybe one or two point outwards

Edited by Chloe Dolores
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Just wondering, since next week is Thanksgiving week , will there be releases next week or on Friday day after Thanksgiving? 

Most companies remain closed on the Friday after thanksgiving so staff can travel, rest, etc. I wouldn’t expect some poor LL soul to release virtual homes even though it’s the only day I’m off work! Everyone deserves the day off. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

To people looking and doing the click click click thing, just a reminder to pull down the menu tab. I've caught it several times today when the screen comes up Meadowbrook but there is a Bellisseria home available by using the menu pulldown. (And I only just now noticed that the OP misspelled Bellisseria :) )

In case you didn't know, Bellisseria staying at the top of the drop down menu works in the same way that it does when you enter the name for your home and then click the next button. For instance, is you are not looking for a camper, but Bellisseria pops up, click "next" anyway and then go back to the previous page and that will seal it in to appear at the top next time.  Also, when a release happens, it may not show at the top the first time, but if you get the "sorry" message and try again, Bellisseria will be at the top of the menu for subsequent tries.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, roseelvira said:

Just wondering, since next week is Thanksgiving week , will there be releases next week or on Friday day after Thanksgiving? 

Hard telling at this point.  I don't know if the Friday after Thanksgiving is a Holiday for LL or not, and even if not, it could be that many people have scheduled it off.  I imagine it depends on whether or there will definitely be folks available from the various departments that are needed to do a release.  If LL is closed that day, or mostly closed, they'll post an announcement early next week, or possibly the end of this week. If LL is open for business, then it will probably just be a "wait and see" thing.

• Like 1

For anyone looking for a trailer/tiny house: I resurrected my original work avatar for a month to see what the trailers were about (and to grab the textures. etc.) Got a lovely parcel in Toad Hollow which I'm going to release as the month has come to an end. Closest to the river; view of a bridge to the front right; side right has a rocky outcrop which obscures the houses; the trailer behind is at a higher level (the slope between looks really nice if you add some tall grasses and/or wildflowers; trailer to the right is at a lower level and hidden from view. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Toad Hollow/158/57/26

I'll release it at 6PM SL time (that's in about 15 minutes)! Good luck!

abandon2.jpg.528f3861caeb0dd3ee399f6c1e4beea1.jpgabandon1.png.7f5e633a6fddd9c1a7dd1bb4ca67c553.pngabandon3.png.9eb655737e44b654418732d5851888ba.png

image.png

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Boat abandons today - one in Zio one in Lollipop ...... I am not looking for a boat I am just curiosity clicking this morning ....

I clicked on the houseboat because my main is still looking and I figured *if* I got a better location (and a square lot) than the one an alt has I'd swap  - got the one in Zio. Not better but it does have a view of a lighthouse which would be a nice bonus for someone else. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.