When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Dora Paule said:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Neville/176/136/32

I love the homes on beach, with sand,  but I must focus on two points.

1.  Change means losing my current location.
  2. It's highly unlikely that I get a better one.

I think my house game ends here :)

casa.jpg

I think that is a lovely parcel.  And you have water all around.  That is what everyone wants.   I wouldn't risk abandoning this one right now,  as sand on the oceanfront is going to be very very hard to find at this point.  However, if they are releasing more of these homes next year, then there might be more available with sand then.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cricket Portland said:

As per Patch on Wednesday, "There will be no more releases until we are back at it in 2020!"

I believe they may have still been releasing homes today, as I got a houseboat in a region that still has plenty of empty parcels. The ones that have been claimed were all claimed today. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Isn't it nice to read this thread in the morning, and discover almost everyone is happy (for once)?

I even moved my Houseboat from a very laggy location in Hunky Dory to a great open sea end-of-island spot in Catitiff.   I can drive across to Kya's place in Peu Corner via a rez zone and slip at The Elms in a few minutes (using my amphibian truck).  Bliss.

I have got neighbors, but they are not up close and personal.

239152297_Screenshotfrom2019-12-2107-22-51.thumb.png.475ef8d1bae62aa35246797733391ef7.png

963184445_Screenshotfrom2019-12-2107-31-36.thumb.png.909862ee4d5c43bad8f51b005090123e.png

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I believe they may have still been releasing homes today, as I got a houseboat in a region that still has plenty of empty parcels. The ones that have been claimed were all claimed today. 

The release appeared to be an automated slow roll out one region at a time until all the lots had been claimed. As far as I know there were a couple regions lingering around as late as tonight. I got my dream beach Victorian when the region released last night around 7pm.

So, yes, this is the last bunch before the new year but it appears to be a slow burn sort of release.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, anna2358 said:

Isn't it nice to read this thread in the morning, and discover almost everyone is happy (for once)?

I even moved my Houseboat from a very laggy location in Hunky Dory to a great open sea end-of-island spot in Catitiff.

239152297_Screenshotfrom2019-12-2107-22-51.thumb.png.475ef8d1bae62aa35246797733391ef7.png

That's a great layout for a houseboat... Making me wonder if it's time to go on a relocation tour...

• Like 1

I have the impression that they are still silently releasing regions.

When my two free alts made their first morning claim (about 2:00 am SLT) they BOTH were given two different plots in Zwischen a region I've never heard of ... and abandoned it. There were several green dots there - more than in other regions.

Now I better wait at least two hours before the next claim.

PS: I checked it. There have been quite a lot of those things happening: I claimed ... then without abandoning claimed again with another account ... and got the same region. There have even been three in a row. If they are not still releasing they seem to sort the pool instead of giving you one randomly they give them in some order ... alphabetically?? ... one region after the other (WHY?)  ... did they do that before?? Regions I landed on more than once (mostly on the same day) are ...

Blackwell 19. 12 - Bloodroot 16.12. - Darnleigh 20.12. - Daulton 17.12. - Easton Priory 20.12. (THREE) - Mynachllwyd 17.12. - Oatley 18.12. - Peu Corner 17+18.12. - Reston Laurels 19+20.12. (THREE) - Stansgate 17+18.12. (THREE) - West Burnham 18+19. 12. (THREE) - Zwischen 21.12.

Did you experience similar things? That would mean that if you get something you do not like and cast it back it is highly advisable to wait several hours before trying again.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

I'd say there appears to be a slow release going on...but also seems like abandons are held and released by region...I'd abandon and then get one directly after in the same region, although upon checking, there were claim dates from prior days on other parcels telling me it was not a newly released region. So I agree that its best if you abandon to wait some time before claiming another one...a difficult thing to do!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DellaLaBella said:

I'd say there appears to be a slow release going on...but also seems like abandons are held and released by region...I'd abandon and then get one directly after in the same region, although upon checking, there were claim dates from prior days on other parcels telling me it was not a newly released region. So I agree that its best if you abandon to wait some time before claiming another one...a difficult thing to do!

Yes, this. I've been trying hard to wait in between abandons. I've gotten the same regions over and over - mostly inland of course. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I have the impression that they are still silently releasing regions.

When my two free alts made their first morning claim (about 2:00 am SLT) they BOTH were given two different plots in Zwischen a region I've never heard of ... and abandoned it. There were several green dots there - more than in other regions.

Now I better wait at least two hours before the next claim.

PS: I checked it. There have been quite a lot of those things happening: I claimed ... then without abandoning claimed again with another account ... and got the same region. There have even been three in a row. If they are not still releasing they seem to sort the pool instead of giving you one randomly they give them in some order ... alphabetically?? ... one region after the other (WHY?)  ... did they do that before?? Regions I landed on more than once (mostly on the same day) are ...

Blackwell 19. 12 - Bloodroot 16.12. - Darnleigh 20.12. - Daulton 17.12. - Easton Priory 20.12. (THREE) - Mynachllwyd 17.12. - Oatley 18.12. - Peu Corner 17+18.12. - Reston Laurels 19+20.12. (THREE) - Stansgate 17+18.12. (THREE) - West Burnham 18+19. 12. (THREE) - Zwischen 21.12.

Did you experience similar things? That would mean that if you get something you do not like and cast it back it is highly advisable to wait several hours before trying again.

I gave myself an absurd amount of tries per 24 hours and got three supreme ocean slots during the releases now whittled down to just one that I adore. It's my Rocky Heights / SPE399 plot see below it's unbeatable for my own preferences. 

But i keep on with the game for a bit of fun and to make the most of my absurd month of tries. I am seeing the same thing as you. I have better luck if I space them out during the day and evening! But I am not seeing now anything like the parcel I have so it is mainly curiosity on my part!

Snapshot_186.png

Edited by Chloe Dolores
added photo of adorable home
  • Like 7

Rocky Heights?? Wasn't that a Traditional- region over on the Pickle? This is a Victorian you show but a location as nice as that.

Just now I got stuck between Greyfriar and Zwischen- One alt waited two hours and got the exact same home in Greyfriar that the other had abandoned! Now she keeps it to keep it out of the way and the other keeps watch by her old one in Zwischen to catch a moment when it's taken to apply for a new one ... was taken for about a minute ... before I could react it was abandoned again!

Zwischen is a inlandish region and when I click on other parcels they are all taken this Saturday. - just released?

15 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Rocky Heights?? Wasn't that a Traditional- region over on the Pickle? This is a Victorian you show but a location as nice as that.

Sorry yes that is what I mean - to me this is what I was after with Rocky Heights but this I prefer! 

In the game - I am getting the same home three times in a row sometimes and yes the same region many times. Pickford a lot, Linton, Lockwood come up a lot for me. I got a sea front in Myles and a riverfront in Price over the last 48 hours but now I am seeing inland only.

Someone got a lovely sea parcel in Dimanche from me though and a riverside Crawford parcel so they do come up just not for me much now!

Edited by Chloe Dolores
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DellaLaBella said:

Just got one in Zwischen and released it. I agree, looks like the region released today. Also one alt got a house in Llyn Brithyll which the other alt released 20 minutes earlier.  I think I'm going to stop playing for several hours lol.

YOU must have been the one that abandoned it some minutes ago so quickliy I couldn't react.

Could you not have kept it 5 minutes more?

Now my alt is standing there since 20 minutes watching ...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

YOU must have been the one that abandoned it some minutes ago so quickliy I couldn't react.

Could you not have kept it 5 minutes more?

Now my alt is standing there since 20 minutes watching ...

I'm sorry Leora...If only I had known...they are all so lovely it is sometimes hard to decide...to keep or not to keep! but with the one in Zwischen, , there was no question what to do. Still trying for my dream home 🙂

• Like 2

It is only sooooo frustrating that they seem to be giving them like "last in first out" so you keep getting the same home and/or the same region over and over again. I used to think that the home you get is RANDOMLY chosen out of the pool. I tend to become sick and tired of the GOM. Alt is standing there and the Zwischen house is in Maintainange since allmost an hour now! Other alt does not dare to abondon so not her sister gets it.

Edited by Leora Jacobus

17 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

It is only sooooo frustrating that they seem to be giving them like "first in first out" so you keep getting the same home and/or the same region over and over again. I used to think that the home you get is RANDOMLY chosen out of the pool. I tend to become sick and tired of the GOM. Alt is standing there and the Zwischen house is in Maintainange since allmost an hour now! Other alt does not dare to abondon so not her sister gets it.

If it is this: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Zwischen/24/172/0 

I went in to see if it would be the first house that came up- I will hold it for a few hours

• Like 1

After several tries I finally was lucky enough to get a great location at the NW corner of a standalone small island, which is not connected to the mainland.

I am very excited about the island and the neighbours....and even though this is definitely a keeper, I will still look around for the excitement of searching :)

One of my previous houses in Highmarket made a friend who wanted sea view very happy. We managed to co- ordinate at a time when SL seems to be more quite and he was able to snap

the house i abandoned after a couple of minutes.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bartlesmoor/161/104/33

Bartlesmoor 1.jpg

Bartlesmoor 2.png

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

If it is this: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Zwischen/24/172/0 

I went in to see if it would be the first house that came up- I will hold it for a few hours

Might be the same mine was 23 / 185 ... thanks for ridding me from it! :)

But meanwhile I have two other houses that keep going back into maintainance:

Greyfriar and Wuthering Downs

I am going offline for an hour or so and afterwards look if they are still not taken.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Wait. What? Are you saying new homes are released on a Saturday?

It looks like Bartlesmoor (wonderful catch, Loretta!) and Middle Totting were released early today (they were still unreleased last night).  I did not click around the map extensively, but as of this writing Lissome, New Farthing, LIttle Sandsbury, and The Mews are still unreleased.

Zwichen was first released last night at around 10.  My partner played one cycle of 5 abandons then just for fun, and he got Zwichen twice.  Most homes were still uncaught at that time.

I agree with those who've said we're seeing a slow-ish automated release process.  I think in all likelihood the "Delivery queue", as Patch has referred to it, is actually a delivery process that is fed by several queues.  One could be a "new region" queue (or perhaps there is one for each of the four Belli themes), another an "abandoned" queue, etc.. The process doubtless has some weighting algorithm that determines which of its queues it services next. 

Also, I could see a rationale for keeping track of the last home an avatar abandoned for some number of minutes and giving them that one again, in case they accidentally abandoned it.  Which we've seen many folks bemoan in the forums.  Seems complicated to me, but maybe they do it.

I'm going back to Christmas decorating for half an hour.  I'm pushing to get it done *by* Christmas!

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

It looks like Bartlesmoor (wonderful catch, Loretta!) and Middle Totting were released early today (they were still unreleased last night).  I did not click around the map extensively, but as of this writing Lissome, New Farthing, LIttle Sandsbury, and The Mews are still unreleased.

Bertlesmoor was actually released on the 19th around 10 am SLT. I was  among the first ones to land there and got the nice corner lot right away.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, heartzwhim said:

when did they start releasing on a weekend? 

LL may have actually put the regions in the release queue(s) during the week.  But there were SO MANY regions, and the queue empties at a slow-ish  rate, that it's still working away at what they released then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.