Renewed focus on premium experience

Kat Shadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Bengta said:

My posts are getting attention, good or bad, which is the point.  The more we post the more people will know that in fact not all premium members get the same benefits.  They can do what ever they like with that information.

We all get the same benefits, no one has more "privilege" over the other. I have no idea what you are complaining about here. But let try to explain it to you politely. There has been 6709 homes released so far, it was literally first come first serve. Meaning the people who didn't get one, have to wait for a wave more new homes to get one. A project of this scale, will take time to build and put together. Like I said on many other posts, have patience, please. Trust me, it's worth it.  Let me add this, having a home in a virtual world, is not a necessity. There are tonnes of people, who don't have homes and just explore the grid. Or they stay with friends or family in SL. It's not like RL, where we actually need shelter.

Edited by halebore Aeon
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

There has been 6709 homes released so far

Where did this number come from?  We know that there were 709 houseboats in the second release, and from another thread, we know there were roughly 2300-2350 houses/houseboats in the first batch.

See this post by Abnor and then scroll up a bit to see the guess that he is referring to (12dash guessed 2323):

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Where did this number come from?  We know that there were 709 houseboats in the second release, and from another thread, we know there were roughly 2300-2350 houses/houseboats in the first batch.

See this post by Abnor and then scroll up a bit to see the guess that he is referring to (12dash guessed 2323):

Someone said 6000 homes I don't remember where, but I am sure I saw it somewhere.

I really do not think there was any better or more equitable way to release the new homes, nor a guaranteed way to be able to predict how many homes need to be built in order for everyone who wants one to have one immediately. 

We have:

- long-time premium accounts who have not been interested in living in a Linden Home until now

- existing non-premium accounts (including non-premium alts) who had not been premium until now when the new homes were being released

- brand new to SL accounts (not new alts, but completely brand new people) who joined and went premium right away in order to get a Linden home

- existing premium accounts who were living in the old Linden Homes up until the time the new homes were released

There may be more, but those are the main categories that come to mind right now.  An argument could be made for any one of the above as to why that category should have been given priority for the new homes. 

The count of members in each of those categories is also not static, especially once the new homes were put out for preview.  The most static count of possible demand would have been the amount of people in the existing Linden homes at the time the new homes were being planned, plus some extra percent.   Prior to the new homes being released, I don't think that there was a way to accurately estimate the counts of the other categories that now want a new Linden home immediately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Someone said 6000 homes I don't remember where, but I am sure I saw it somewhere.

We've had people claim all sorts of things here in the forums.  I think I'd take the statement by Abnor as being more reliable than 'someone said'.   Just sayin....

• Like 2

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

We've had people claim all sorts of things here in the forums.  I think I'd take the statement by Abnor as being more reliable than 'someone said'.   Just sayin....

Well, my post wasn't about the numbers, it was literally talking about the limited release of homes, for the umpteen amount of people who use premium. And how it is a first come first served basis.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bengta said:

Perhaps the longest paying premium member is happy to keep paying even though she does NOT have access to the same items and benefits as much newer members...   is all a choice if we want to continue to pay premium for less benefits.  I do not.

sorry I'm late to the party... just woke up

Pulled up your profile just for fun... I've been a premium member since waaaaaaaaaaay before you were SL born. Got my boat in the very first few minutes they were released. 

Clearly, they ARE releasing them to long-time premium members first, but in those terms you're just a young whipper-snapper. I think they've made it through the Exalted Premium Member List to somewhere around 9.718 years. You're simply going to have to wait your turn. 

tenor.gif.b9d06c3666b8abb9d149aa1de3baedde.gif

Edited by Beth Macbain
Comma Pollution
  • Haha 6

On 5/26/2019 at 12:33 PM, s2Pandora said:

Definitely trolling at this point. At least we're getting a good laugh off him.

I have been! LOL I don't think they realize that their repeated empty threat of cancelling their premium doesn't really have the same effect it does on most other sub based services. As a Basic, they can still buy $L's, they can still buy from others, they can still rent (making those Premium land owners happy!). If anything, they're making LL's life easier! No stipend, no mainland ownership, no Live Chat, no Priority for events.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

At the annual rate, premium is basically free.  Pay US$72, get L$1000 one-time-bonus plus L$300 x 52 weeks;  L$16600 total. 

At this second, it would cost US$67.63 to buy that many L$.  So, the net price of Premium is US$72 - US$67.63 = US$4.37 per year.  

At this second, that US$4.37 would buy you L$722, and for that you get a 1024 square meter lot and Linden-home plus 351 prims for 52 weeks.

L$722 divided by 52 weeks is less than L$14 a week for rent, and works out to L$0.0396 per prim per week.  

That cheap even compared to the cheapest rentals in SL.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Erwin Solo said:

At the annual rate, premium is basically free.  Pay US$72, get L$1000 one-time-bonus plus L$300 x 52 weeks;  L$16600 total. 

At this second, it would cost US$67.63 to buy that many L$.  So, the net price of Premium is US$72 - US$67.63 = US$4.37 per year.  

At this second, that US$4.37 would buy you L$722, and for that you get a 1024 square meter lot and Linden-home plus 351 prims for 52 weeks.

L$722 divided by 52 weeks is less than L$14 a week for rent, and works out to L$0.0396 per prim per week.  

That cheap even compared to the cheapest rentals in SL.

and ... people sometimes don't calculate, and take tier up for 1024 more ... while using a group (= + 10%) + premium alt is a lot cheaper, for sure for residents of non USA countries.. landfees have tax added for many.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

and ... people sometimes don't calculate, and take tier up for 1024 more ... while using a group (= + 10%) + premium alt is a lot cheaper, for sure for residents of non USA countries.. landfees have tax added for many.

If you want another 1024 square meters, getting a second annual premium account is the cheapest way by far.  If you don't want the Linden Home, then the 10% group land bonus applies on Mainland.  

• Like 3

On 5/26/2019 at 7:45 PM, moirakathleen said:

The most static count of possible demand would have been the amount of people in the existing Linden homes at the time the new homes were being planned, plus some extra percent.   Prior to the new homes being released, I don't think that there was a way to accurately estimate the counts of the other categories that now want a new Linden home immediately. 

Very true.

The thing with existing LL homes, is that supply & demand tends to become trapped in a circular argument. Demand for them was pretty low, so they weren't given much TLC. And because they didn't get much work on them done, demand stayed low. It really took some genius at Linden to realize that if you start with the TLC, ppl will actually want them!

I think they simply underestimated/didn't fully realize, how 'dated' these old homes had become. An upright 'plank' with a texture slapped onto it for stairs?! That is just soooo 2005!

• Like 6

So now we have more bad news today:  They are raising premiums.  If I had access to a new linden home I would not mind paying a higher premium at all, but since I do not have one I will be paying for those that do have them.  I think premium should be based on what you have access to and nothing more.  If you have a new house boat then you should pay more than me and thousands of others that do NOT have a house boat.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.