Renewed focus on premium experience

Kat Shadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 hours ago, Bengta said:

So now we have more bad news today:  They are raising premiums.  If I had access to a new linden home I would not mind paying a higher premium at all, but since I do not have one I will be paying for those that do have them.  I think premium should be based on what you have access to and nothing more.  If you have a new house boat then you should pay more than me and thousands of others that do NOT have a house boat.

You have access to a home.  Just not the one you want.   I have access to a houseboat but not the home I want.  Nowhere does it say we are entitled to a specific house/houseboat.  Please feel free to show me a link to where I am wrong.

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

You have access to a home.  Just not the one you want.   I have access to a houseboat but not the home I want.  Nowhere does it say we are entitled to a specific house/houseboat.  Please fee free to show me a link to where I am wrong.

...or land instead to put your own choice of house:)

• Like 4

Everyone is entitled to voice their opinions and concerns.  I am certainly happy to pay a higher premium if I am given access to the same new homes as ALL other premium members.     If LL can not possibly offer it ALL members at the same time then ALL members should not have to pay the same amount of premiums.  No need to be hateful to me for voicing my opinion; I did not ask for your rude response.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

and to add to this topic:  I think the creators and engineers at LL is doing a wonderful job to create the new space; it's really quite lovely.   I do hope they will consider changing the premiums so they are based on what they are actually able to provide for each member, knowing they can not possibly provide every premium member with access to a new LL home or house boat.   

8 minutes ago, Bengta said:

Everyone is entitled to voice their opinions and concerns.  I am certainly happy to pay a higher premium if I am given access to the same new homes as ALL other premium members.     If LL can not possibly offer it ALL members at the same time then ALL members should not have to pay the same amount of premiums.  No need to be hateful to me for voicing my opinion; I did not ask for your rude response.

You have already trolled voiced your opinions in this thread, but in any event, just as you say you are entitled to your opinion, I say I am entitled to express mine. :)

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Bengta said:

Hi Bengta, LL have said that the reason they only released some of the homes and not all of them in one go is that they didn't want people to have to wait so long till all the themes and styles were ready (as that will take a bit of time). They wanted to try and get some out to people as soon as they could. They have more homes coming, and more styles, so I'm not sure it's quite correct to suggest that they won't be offering homes to all premium members. Their aim is to replace all the homes currently existing, so theoretically we should be able to get one. So we won't be being short changed on our premium from that point of view. The perk will still be the same i.e.  have a LL home (whatever theme & styles are available) or use the land allowance instead for a home or building of your own choice. Nothing has changed there (yet...)

Having said that, it won't mean that we may get exactly the home theme we are hoping for (but it was a bit like that to a certain extent with the first gen homes), so sure, there may be some disappointment there.

• Like 2

Yes, many disappointed premium members right now, especially in light of an increase without the ability to provide news homes to all members at the time of that increase.  We know they are doing their best and the new areas are really lovely and so well done, we just wish they could time the premium increase to when the new homes will be available to ALL premium members paying that increase.  Perhaps they could delay the increase until that time.  

5 hours ago, Bengta said:

If you have a new house boat then you should pay more than me and thousands of others that do NOT have a house boat.

What about the ones with new Houses rather than Houseboats?  Or the ones that do have a new House but they really wanted a Houseboat instead?  Or the ones that do have a Houseboat, but would rather have a new House?

OR..... what about the ones that do NOT have a Houseboat, but do not WANT one because they much prefer using their 1024 for the freedom of Mainland? 

Also, I've heard there are quite a few that actually are happy with the older Linden Homes and are hoping LL won't be making them move anytime soon -- what about them?

• Like 7

I think the point being not every member has access to a new linden home, for obvious reasons.  It is just my opinion that we should not have the same premium if we do not have the same and equal options.  If at some point linden labs can offer all premium members the same options then of course the premium should be equal.  and I do appreciate what they are trying to create and the new areas are lovely but at the present not all premium members can access them equally.

21 minutes ago, Bengta said:

I am sorry you can only use pictures and not articulate anything meaningful.  

You aren't reading what anyone else is saying so what's the point? You've got your mind made up that you're being screwed and nothing is going to change that. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

You aren't reading what anyone else is saying so what's the point? You've got your mind made up that you're being screwed and nothing is going to change that. 

At the end of the day,  the harsh reality is. If you keep on buying into something, you are the one who is screwing yourself over. Not LL, not an SL creator. But you, Y-O-U. Yes, you have every right to be mad, and I am talking to the person you are responding too. But you are the only one you can cry to if you feel you are being screwed over.

57 minutes ago, Bengta said:

I think the point being not every member has access to a new linden home, for obvious reasons.  It is just my opinion that we should not have the same premium if we do not have the same and equal options.  If at some point linden labs can offer all premium members the same options then of course the premium should be equal.  and I do appreciate what they are trying to create and the new areas are lovely but at the present not all premium members can access them equally.

As a "homeless" premium member, I have no problem paying the increase while waiting until more houses become available. I think going through the process of making a differentiation between rates for premiums with a home and without would take more time away from actually creating more homes. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

At the end of the day,  the harsh reality is. If you keep on buying into something, you are the one who is screwing yourself over. Not LL, not an SL creator. But you, Y-O-U. Yes, you have every right to be mad, and I am talking to the person you are responding too. But you are the only one you can cry to if you feel you are being screwed over.

I mean, in general, yeah, I completely agree with you. I don't feel like I'm being screwed over by anything, though. At least not in SL... lol.

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I mean, in general, yeah, I completely agree with you. I don't feel like I'm being screwed over by anything, though. At least not in SL... lol.

I was referring to the person you were quoting, hopefully, they see it. Lol

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Ah, okay, sorry! I shouldn't keep trying to do four things at once and not paying full attention to any of them... lol!

Not a problem, and multitasking and talking on forums or on any platform for that matter. Doesn't mix well. Lol 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.