Renewed focus on premium experience

Kat Shadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For those that might not be aware, there is a Route 66 that goes from Truro on the very west end of Bay City, across Bay City and Nova Albion, and on through to close to Ahern on the Sansara continent. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Come on. This is not a popularity contest, neither have I anything to say about what LL does. 

And I would think it's cool to drive through something like SLs version of Route 66 to a Vegas-like area. No gambling of course, but some similar looking: A city in the desert with urban homes. I don't force anything on you or others.

It is letting the mind wander. It is not that I "must" have it.

Yes, it's to bring in new memberships and therefor more $. They are running a business. That is their overall goal. Profit. Guess what? It's working. It's frustrating as crap to wait, but there are ways people are still managing to grab houses.

I was frustrated until I finally lucked in to one that was abandoned, too, so I sympathize, but you have to be patient and diligent. They are creating these from scratch.

What they have created is actually very much a high demand item, there just isn't enough product to satisfy that demand YET. This is why many of us premium newbies paid for a month, to see if we'd get a house. If we did, we extended it to whichever we saw fit. If we didn't, we could cancel and wait until another batch or two came up to try that month again.

Simply put.. if you are only getting premium solely for the house, then yeah, you're going to have a bad time. I, for one, enjoy not having to wait for days to get in to an event.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

i get where you coming from with the 10%

the way it works now to get say a old Linden Home (512m tier) and a 560m group-owned (512m tier). Buy for group a land greater than or equal to 560m and less than or equal to 1120m. If greater than 560m then cut out 560m and dump the rest.  Claim the old Linden Home 512m.  (This I have done myself)

the way to get a a group-owned 1120m for the least price when can't buy a 1120m directly. Buy upto 1536m. Costs $US4 tiers extra for 1 month. Cut out the 1120m, and dump the rest. (I have done this as well)

add ps

right now I have just bought a 1024m by the sea.  To get my extra 96m then I have to buy another parcel on the sim. At the moment the cheapest is 9,500L and the other for sale is 15,000L.  I see  LL have put a big parcel in the region to auction 2 days ago. I will wait and see who buys it and if they are going to cut it down into smaller parcels and resale it

Part of the problem is that too many folks do not realize that their 1024 sqm allotted tier can become a piece of 1120 sqm land if the land is group owned AND that the group can simply contain them and an alt, without needing to pull in anyone else.  Therefore, it is actually hard to sell a plot size of 1120.  I had a few (along with a 560 sqm plot) sitting for weeks when i was downsizing a while back.  As soon as I revamped them into 1024 plots, they sold in two days.  My guess is that that is the reason there are so few of the 10% larger plots out there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bengta said:

I disagree.  The new house boats for example.  Why is there not a wait list?  Why is there not a focus on premium members that have been paying month after month for years???  Is it just another LL ploy to create revenue by drawing new premium membership and the long time members get stiffed.  we are told to watch a forum post?  for how long, ten more years?  This whole this has been incredibly NOT focused on current members that again, pay month after for month for years...

46 minutes ago, Bengta said:

and what they have created is not even close to market demand or about enhancing the experience of existing members; it's all about new membership revenue

(All the bolding is mine) 

Lil has been a Premium member since the day she rezzed almost 12 years ago, and my initial account went Premium sometime in her first month, which was a bit over 12 years ago.  In other words, I am most definitely not one of the 'new membership' folks.  However, I was able to get a house and houseboat in the first round without any difficulty - a full 8 hours after they'd actually been released - and able to swap the houseboat for a new one during the second round. 

There are many, many, many folks that got houses/houseboats that are long time Premium members - so no, the long time members did not get "stiffed" in this.  While LL is partially focused on getting new Premium subscriptions, they are also focused on retaining the ones they have, and the new LL home area is totally about both.

Side note -- If you really are paying for your membership on a month-by-month basis, and can in any way afford to shift that to quarterly or yearly, you will save quite a bit of money.  Paying monthly results in paying almost 60% more for the membership in a year's time over the annual payment amount.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Bengta said:

I disagree.  The new house boats for example.  Why is there not a wait list?  Why is there not a focus on premium members that have been paying month after month for years???  Is it just another LL ploy to create revenue by drawing new premium membership and the long time members get stiffed.  we are told to watch a forum post?  for how long, ten more years?  This whole this has been incredibly NOT focused on current members that again, pay month after for month for years...

Yes, it is to bring in new premium members. No, long-time premium members are not getting stiffed. Tbf, existing premium members are already guaranteed income to a certain degree. This presumably is to get more premium members. But it's not as if new members have a monopoly, no one does. Is LL suppossed to give accounts that have had premium longest priority, in which case its pointless signing up for premium to members that have not done so already? The only ones with a real advantage, is anyone paying attention. They're doing a stifled rollout so that people can actually get houses, and they can get feedback and suggestions as the continent is made. It was a long time between when the project started (see the SSP thread to see the process and speculation from members. It was the better part of a year from when it started until when the first bit dropped) and when the first round of houses dropped. It would have been such a disaster if they made an entire continent with no gauge for how it would play out, and then have it fall flat. 

(Also, "ten more years?" really?)

Edited by stlshayne
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

What I propose, is that group bonus is changed to LI ONLY. Who need the land, all who use groups do it for the LI. They are forced to get land in the same region because they must have the LI. So two persons form a group and get 2048 m land. That's all the land they get. But the bonus is in the LI only. It should be a limit down on what people can buy.

Or even better: Make some main roads, highways, with advertising plots along. They can be small, like 16 or 32.

That above is perhaps not true for all. Some may need lots of land for roleplay.

But what I have seen, is that a large mass of land sit unused because the prims are used on the main build. So do people really need that 204 m land so they can have 204 m more yard, or so they can have prims? I think it is the prims, or LI.

When I buy mainland and use the group bonus, I want the land as well as the LI. Sometimes I've used the group bonus for land on a different region.  When you're working with a 512 or 1024 sqm parcel, the group bonus isn't very much, but if you have a 8,192 sqm parcel, the group bonus is 819 sqm, so as you own larger amounts, the bonus amount becomes more and more useful not just for the LI, but also for the land, if you want to get the most value for what you're paying in tier.  

If one bought a 204 sqm parcel somewhere else on the same region as their main parcel,  a 1 or 2 LI flower field could be put on it, so that it's not completely vacant looking.

The group bonus is also useful for buying up abandoned 16 or 32 sqm ex-advertising plots along the linden roads. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There are many, many, many folks that got houses/houseboats that are long time Premium members - so no, the long time members did not get "stiffed" in this.

just from what i see around the houseboat from a "friend" ( i am not premium) there are lot of people, amazingly also on the same sim, that have legacy names, ánd very new accounts..alts or real newbies,  even seen a fellow forummer at the other side :) , of course those don't have to be premium from start or all the time, but for me it indicates there is a good mix, and i don't doubt also the old and new subscribers are found in a sortlike mix.

I also think it's a very good choice from LL not to use lists, or timezone bound releases, it would prevent the mixing of the community and create neighbourhoods with the same cultures, now USA/Argentina and Japan live in the same street.. thát is what enrichens the community, not the same color flowers in the garden as some seem to want.

Edited by Fox Wijaya
  • Like 2

It really is great to see Bellisseria injecting some real enthusiasm back into Seond Life.... Don't even have a Linden Home yet and I'm excited about all that I see.  Whether I land in Bellisseria or some other future Linden creation for once I have a renewed hope that SL has a bright future... I tried Sansar and for all its graphical luster and beauty it just does not have the community feel that this is creating.

I'll keep trying my f5 button but for now I continue to enjoy Bellisseria even if just a bit of a vagrant ATM

• Like 5

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Part of the problem is that too many folks do not realize that their 1024 sqm allotted tier can become a piece of 1120 sqm land if the land is group owned AND that the group can simply contain them and an alt, without needing to pull in anyone else.  Therefore, it is actually hard to sell a plot size of 1120.  I had a few (along with a 560 sqm plot) sitting for weeks when i was downsizing a while back.  As soon as I revamped them into 1024 plots, they sold in two days.  My guess is that that is the reason there are so few of the 10% larger plots out there.

pretty much yes this is how it is

23 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

Yes, it's to bring in new memberships and therefor more $. They are running a business. That is their overall goal. Profit. Guess what? It's working. It's frustrating as crap to wait, but there are ways people are still managing to grab houses.

I was frustrated until I finally lucked in to one that was abandoned, too, so I sympathize, but you have to be patient and diligent. They are creating these from scratch.

What they have created is actually very much a high demand item, there just isn't enough product to satisfy that demand YET. This is why many of us premium newbies paid for a month, to see if we'd get a house. If we did, we extended it to whichever we saw fit. If we didn't, we could cancel and wait until another batch or two came up to try that month again.

Simply put.. if you are only getting premium solely for the house, then yeah, you're going to have a bad time. I, for one, enjoy not having to wait for days to get in to an event.

See, this is exactly what I mean.  They paid for one month to see if they could get a house boat and they did, but I have been paying the premium for almost years and can not get one.  Now how can that be if new premium members are not getting priority????   I am finding many posts saying that are waiting with credit card in hand for house boats to be released and they have no intention of paying for premium unless they see a release.  How is this fair to members that have been paying those fees for year and years?????

Edited by Bengta

1 minute ago, Bengta said:

See, this is exactly what I mean.  They paid for one month to see if they could get a house boat and they did, but I have been paying the premium for almost years and can not get one.  Now how can that be if new premium members are not getting priority????   

Everybody, new or old has the same chance. As many have said, it depends on who was watching for their release, as well as who has the patience or time to grab an abandoned. There are plenty of old timers who got homes, and plenty of newbies. They're not playing favorites. It's not easy, and i'm very sorry you haven't gotten one yet, but i'm sure you will if you keep trying. Have you tried the auto-refresh method people are speaking of? There are a lot of people doing it now, so may not be as easy as it once was, but it's easier than sitting for hours and refreshing yourself(as I did to get mine).

• Like 3

Just now, s2Pandora said:

Everybody, new or old has the same chance. As many have said, it depends on who was watching for their release, as well as who has the patience or time to grab an abandoned. There are plenty of old timers who got homes, and plenty of newbies. They're not playing favorites. It's not easy, and i'm very sorry you haven't gotten one yet, but i'm sure you will if you keep trying. Have you tried the auto-refresh method people are speaking of? There are a lot of people doing it now, so may not be as easy as it once was, but it's easier than sitting for hours and refreshing yourself(as I did to get mine).

23 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

9 hours ago, Armani223 said:

Any news on when the next round of new Linden Homes will be released?

waiting at the ready with my CC details Lol ☺️

7 minutes ago, Bengta said:

See, this is exactly what I mean.  They paid for one month to see if they could get a house boat and they did, but I have been paying the premium for almost years and can not get one.  Now how can that be if new premium members are not getting priority????   

It's absurd to believe that new premium members would be preferred. Most of the homeowners are long-time residents.

The motto was and still is: the early bird gets the worm.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Bengta said:

See, this is exactly what I mean.  They paid for one month to see if they could get a house boat and they did, but I have been paying the premium for almost years and can not get one.  Now how can that be if new premium members are not getting priority????   I am finding many posts saying that are waiting with credit card in hand for house boats to be released and they have no intention of paying for premium unless they see a release.  How is this fair to members that have been paying those fees for year and years?????

We know it is about new premium.  I guess the only way I will have a chance to get a house boat is to quit being a premium member, stop paying LL after all these years of paying, and then wait a month and try again.  Once again long time premium members are being stiffed by LL so no reason to keep paying.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bengta said:

We know it is about new premium.  I guess the only way I will have a chance to get a house boat is to quit being a premium member, stop paying LL after all these years of paying, and then wait a month and try again.  Once again long time premium members are being stiffed by LL so no reason to keep paying.

rubbish
nonsense

not true and simple whining that you weren't able to get a house/boat
( told few times... i have none either)

Edited by Fox Wijaya
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bengta said:

They're spending their time trying to get a houseboat instead of complaining?

• Like 6

Just now, Bengta said:

I think it would be best to cancel memberships, stop paying.   Be a new premium member when they have a release....

Considering you think this is some world where they are against YOU(face it, this is about you, not "long time premium members"), that'd be best.

Byebye.

• Like 1

Just now, Bengta said:

I think it would be best to cancel memberships, stop paying.   Be a new premium member when they have a release....

yes totally agree!
and than get your payment delayed the website overload as last time and after 10 minutes all houses are gone again, because the rush will be a lot larger than last release because of the new themes.:SwingingFriends:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.