Renewed focus on premium experience

Kat Shadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is such a temporary problem, not to minimize *some* peoples' frustration but:

More continents are being rolled out as soon as the Moles can build them. It takes time to build something beautiful with public areas that is not cookie cutter.

In the meantime: everyone is free to enjoy Bellisseria, even if you don't live there. There are  public rez zones (including ones offered by citizens at their homes) so you can boat, bike, or drive and explore. Many residents have opened their homes to visit and hang out, and even taken parcel privacy off to make the area feel busy and connected. I'm hoping the Parade of Homes will continue into the future with people sharing their redecoration and seasonal decor.

You can spend energy on planning your home and taking inspiration from others while enjoying their creativity: 

The *community* is what makes Bellisseria fun. The chat (that anyone can join), the parties, the hangouts... that quality of "hygge" comes more from the extended neighborliness we are creating together than it comes from renting a bit of land from Gov. Linden.

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bengta said:

Is LL doing anything to assist long time members who have been paying month after month, for years?  I think not.  There is no loyalty, only revenue.

lets turn it around:

WHAT do you really miss if you don't have a new Linden Home?
answer: nothing really... stipend is the same, support is the same, you still can join all events groups in Belliseria, AND you can own 1024 + 10% mainland without paying more tier  .. with some minor searching for a nice lower prim home you won't really feel the less prims you have to spend with that groupbonus.

• Like 1

Do you have one, Fox?   If so, then you can not feel the frustration of all the posts I see from new premium members that did exactly that: they joined only now, got a new home,  and have not been paying for years …..

Edited by Bengta

20 minutes ago, Bengta said:

Is LL doing anything to assist long time members who have been paying month after month, for years?  I think not.  There is no loyalty, only revenue.

For years, you have received the Premium Membership benefits. In other words, you got what you paid for.

The list is below. Nowhere does it say anything about preferential treatment over others who have paid the same amount.

• Weekly L$300 stipend*
  • L$1000 sign-up bonus** for first-time Premium Account subscribers
  • Priority entry when regions are full of avatars
  • Linden Home or 1024m² tier allotment for use towards a parcel on the Mainland
  • Expanded live-chat customer support
  • Premium virtual gifts
  • Exclusive access to Premium areas and experiences
  • Increased cap on missed IMs
  • Increased group membership limits
  • Voice Morphing
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bengta said:

Do you have one, Fox?   If so, then you can not feel the frustration of all the posts I see from new premium members that did exactly that: they joined only now, got a new home,  and have not been paying for years …..

what the heck is so difficult to understand? YOU had all premium perks for years, you have nothing to claim, demand or whine about. Just wait your turn if you'r not fast enough to click when there is a release. I have none either... but love my smaller old home, where i still have ANYTHING i want, need and pay for.
Next batch people can try their luck again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bengta said:

And now we see that not all premium members have access to the same premium services and benefits.  Obviously ….

Not true at all.

Everyone had an equal chance at getting in on a new project at launch. As it's a new project being rolled out in stages, not everyone will have immediate access, but in time there will be enough to go around.

*bites tongue really hard and hits Submit Reply instead of saying the rest*

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Not the first time that some homes are out of stock. This happened with Meadowbrook back in the day. LL never said "get a premium membership and we promise the model of Linden Home you want immediately available". Frustration is real, but what you do about it: if you choose to focus on what you don't have or if you choose to focus on compersion, that's entirely on you. And of course, how you spend your money.... vote with your premium membership, by all means, but most others simply cannot be convinced that sour grapes is a useful response.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bengta said:

You agree, not everyone has access to the same benefits.

it's tempting to say it different, but your point of view is wrong.
You have ALL what is included in your premium subscription.

Edited by Fox Wijaya
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bengta said:

Once again long time premium members are being stiffed by LL so no reason to keep paying.

Bengta, most of the people who got new homes have been Premium members for years.
Why weren't you among them?

• Like 2

I may be the longest running premium member on this thread *snort* and even I knew that my F5 leet skillz did not guarantee me a home in Bellisseria. I figured , if I get lucky, yay- if not, I'll wait til other options come available. *shrug*

• Like 3

Just now, Kitten Kaos said:

I may be the longest running premium member on this thread *snort* and even I knew that my F5 leet skillz did not guarantee me a home in Bellisseria. I figured , if I get lucky, yay- if not, I'll wait til other options come available. *shrug*

perhaps derail this whining in who's the longest premium?...lol

5 minutes ago, Bengta said:

That's not what I said at all.  I said not all have access to the same benefits.  Obviously ….

Not true at all.

We all had the same chance.

Why is it so hard to understand that a new project like this will have limited availability in the early stages?

6 minutes ago, Bengta said:

They have not been available when I have tried over and over and over.  Sadly ….

I think you need to take responsibility for not being aware of what was happening by checking into the main way LL communicates with us -- on their official website.

I was aware, but being lazy that day, thinking I had plenty of time as I completed another task -- and I did not get a home then.

So please, stop framing this as LL not sticking to some plan you concocted (that older customers should be first). It's first come, first serve...deal with it.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 5

Perhaps the longest paying premium member is happy to keep paying even though she does NOT have access to the same items and benefits as much newer members...   is all a choice if we want to continue to pay premium for less benefits.  I do not.

I realize I am in a very small minority on this subject but I am not interested in one of the new style Linden homes. The reason for me is not that I don't find them unappealing but rather the lack of privacy/security for them. I have read that the old style Linden homes will eventually be going away and when that day comes, I will be renting and using the premium house as a semi-private rez zone.

1 minute ago, Fox Wijaya said:

perhaps derail this whining in who's the longest premium?...lol

HAhaha! My rez day is August 10, 2005  and I had an account even earlier than that, but I deleted that AV. I am the most ancient & decrepit here,... what do I win?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bengta said:

Perhaps the longest paying premium member is happy to keep paying even though she does NOT have access to the same items and benefits as much newer members...   is all a choice if we want to continue to pay premium for less benefits.  I do not.

I guess I need to say it again...most of the people with the new Linden homes are longtime Premium members.

It's your fault you didn't get a home...because you weren't paying attention.

• Like 2

LL made the choice to make something available to a very small amount of premium members and not all members.  Many have tried and do not have access at this time and they can also choose to stop paying for premium benefits when they are not equal for all.  Unless you are simple and gullible you would not continue to pay in this situation ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.