The new premium home gold rush...

Pixels Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, stlshayne said:

I usually hate "both sides" arguments, but in his case, I think it works. 
You offer the argument: what if everyone wanted a skybox? The current experiment has proved that false imo. People have shown that if they have a home plot they will decorate it for the most part. 

But your whole thing was about skyboxes and having choices. I am totally fine with choice, but I came back to a counter and a really logical reason as to how it would be pointless to have a new continent, if everyone had a skybox. If being the keyword, it's not an absolute, but a possibility. The possibility, is that everyone "MAY" wany skyboxes. Not everyone does want skyboxes on their plot. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Atina0 said:

i dont agree  ,some people just love living in the sky  ,i often do the  same  ,and if you call adult stuff creepy  i wonder where you have been hiding all along   

Best not even respond to that person. He's been one of the people going around trolling and griefing others in Bellisseria.

Edited by CandyJewels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, CandyJewels said:

Best not even respond to that person. He's been one of the people going around trolling and griefing others in Bellisseria.

i had no idea   ,im happy to live on another timezone   ,when im on  most people are asleep   

I was one of the lucky ones who scored a home right away in Bellissaria (Sorry if i botched the spelling) but one of my neighbors was continually harassing me. I attempted to ban those residents from accessing my home, but LL undid that. I put general ban lines up, of course they took those down as well. My security orb was returned to me. These people would rez walls of fire, then move them over into my home. They would use my furniture and refuse to leave. After I took up all of my belongings, they would slide over from their property into my home on their own furniture. I surrendered my home, totally unaware there wasn't enough because I don't live in these forums, and now I'm shut out because of somebody else not being an adult. That's ridiculous and now there's no telling when I'll be able to get back into a new home. I reported the players harassing my home as well. Nothing happened that I'm aware of. After the fact, suddenly LL is allowing orbs and etc that would have prevented me from leaving the home I'd gotten in the first place. The timing on that was piss poor IMO. I'm a busy person, I can't camp on the forums waiting every minute for the big drop of new houses. I have only kept my premium status because of these new homes. I don't utilize any of the other perks other than the weekly stipend. It's also not fair to assume everyone frequents these forums, as I didn't know they existed at all until I went looking for answers about this subject.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

14 minutes ago, Gilean Desoto said:

I was one of the lucky ones who scored a home right away in Bellissaria (Sorry if i botched the spelling) but one of my neighbors was continually harassing me. I attempted to ban those residents from accessing my home, but LL undid that. I put general ban lines up, of course they took those down as well. My security orb was returned to me. These people would rez walls of fire, then move them over into my home. They would use my furniture and refuse to leave. After I took up all of my belongings, they would slide over from their property into my home on their own furniture. I surrendered my home, totally unaware there wasn't enough because I don't live in these forums, and now I'm shut out because of somebody else not being an adult. That's ridiculous and now there's no telling when I'll be able to get back into a new home. I reported the players harassing my home as well. Nothing happened that I'm aware of. After the fact, suddenly LL is allowing orbs and etc that would have prevented me from leaving the home I'd gotten in the first place. The timing on that was piss poor IMO. I'm a busy person, I can't camp on the forums waiting every minute for the big drop of new houses. I have only kept my premium status because of these new homes. I don't utilize any of the other perks other than the weekly stipend. It's also not fair to assume everyone frequents these forums, as I didn't know they existed at all until I went looking for answers about this subject.

there will be trolls and jerks all the time in SL  trying to be funny at other people expence   ,but there is no way i will let them have their way of fun .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TimothySKing said:

I'm just thinking of a way to avoid a bunch empty houses in the community. In my opinion, empty houses do not contribute community building, as far as the layout of the land goes.

So let's Imagine:
I place my skybox in the sky somewhere. I'm not using the house. Instead, I could choose "park" or "Japanese Garden", or some other theme than an empty house. This would provide pleasing scenery for the community and get rid of empty houses. And nobody looses anything. In fact, people get more options.

Obviously LL have added a switching function to rez in different homes; basically sets of mesh objects grouped. A brilliant idea. So, there's no reason they couldn't substitute non-building scenery options.

OK, but that is not what you originally said. You were asking about providing empty plots for the people who don't happen to be furnishing their houses. If what you really mean is how about giving people even more choices for our parcels (including empty houses if that is what we like), that's fine. I am all for MORE choices. I am against enforcing our personal idea of how a home should be furnished on others.

There has just been a lot of judgmental comments regarding folks who don't lavishly furnish their parcels, and tbh, it is no one's business as long as everyone is complying with TOS and the covenant. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, KiKiDivinity said:

First I think LL needs to focus on getting all premium members into a new linden home b4 they start implementing new options a far as housing or scenery on the lot. I think getting premium members into a new linden home is more important. 

But that is what they are doing, they are literally getting all members into a home as we speak. But at the same time, implementing new options. I like that they are actually doing that, I think that choice should have been there from the start. Are they not allowed to do both? You do realize, they are also trying to implement eep, BoM, get SL to the Cloud, all while getting our new homes ready?

7 hours ago, TimothySKing said:

I'm just thinking of a way to avoid a bunch empty houses in the community. In my opinion, empty houses do not contribute community building, as far as the layout of the land goes.

So let's Imagine:
I place my skybox in the sky somewhere. I'm not using the house. Instead, I could choose "park" or "Japanese Garden", or some other theme than an empty house. This would provide pleasing scenery for the community and get rid of empty houses. And nobody looses anything. In fact, people get more options.

Obviously LL have added a switching function to rez in different homes; basically sets of mesh objects grouped. A brilliant idea. So, there's no reason they couldn't substitute non-building scenery options.

I do like the idea of being able to rez a garden type area in place of my house - using the house LI allotment - and then using my LI allotment to create and furnish a skybox, if I chose.  Not sure I'd choose that option, but it would be a nice one to have.  

The problem I can see with that is that LL is trying very hard not to make things look like they were done with a cookie cutter.  If the mailbox rezzed a garden and multiple people on the street chose that option, that area would start to look "cookie cutter made".  And trying to make the scripts create random gardens sounds really complicated.  Even if people choose the same houses, they are all being landscaped differently and all the plots and surrounding landscaping is unique for the area.  I'm just not sure how to maintain the custom feel with the plots themselves possibly having cookie-cutter gardens.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gilean Desoto said:

If your orb was returned then it was because it was likely controlling areas outside of your actual parcel.  Everyone has been allowed to use their own security orb all along, and they have been, even after the Security rule changes and LL removing the ban lines.  Now that LL has provided a security orb, people are still allowed to use their own as long as their orb settings match the LL specified requirements.

The thing about ARs that people don't realize is that LL gets tons of them and has to work their way through them.  I imagine that they have someone doing an initial quick scan to pull out the ones dealing with children, gambling, and fraud, and putting those into the 'more critical' pile.  The rest, all of our reports against people that are basically being a-holes, have to be read and carefully evaluated to determine it it really is an actionable AR - and I highly suspect that the majority are not, mostly because the appropriate "proof" is often not submitted with the AR.  This means that it takes time for LL to do anything about an AR - IF they are going to.   Since you will never be told the outcome of an AR, all you can do is ignore/mute/block the offenders and their objects - and keep blocking new objects that they create to bother you.  Yes, it is a major annoyance, but since you can't really get hurt in SL, it really is nothing but a huge PITA to deal with.

I am not trying to minimize your predicament - just trying to add some perspective on the bullies.  When you get your new home, you may still end up with childish jerks next door and the security orb will not help in situations where folks are not actually entering your parcel.  You'll need to be sure to submit proper proof pictures with your AR and then make sure you keep blocking all objects that are causing you grief - all without every actually responding directly to the perpetrator, since that is what they crave most.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I do like the idea of being able to rez a garden type area in place of my house - using the house LI allotment - and then using my LI allotment to create and furnish a skybox, if I chose.  Not sure I'd choose that option, but it would be a nice one to have.  

For when you do creepy stuff?

• Haha 4

While empty house may not contribute to community building, I also think that they do not detract from community building.  If I was to have a house and didn't want to decorate it, I would close all the curtains on the windows, put curtains across the glass doors, and would not expect people to be camming in and making judgements. I think there are other things occurring that may be detracting from community building, which are more serious issues than whether someone leaves their house empty.

Compared to the number of home parcels, the number of people in the two main Bellisseria groups is still fairly low.  While there is a vocal group discussing community, I don't know that everyone with a home on Bellisseria is as concerned about that. 

In terms of there being additional new options to rezz a garden instead of a house, I agree with @LittleMe Jewell that such an option could lead to the same garden appearing on multiple parcels on a block, which would start to make the area look "cookie cutter made".  At least with the houses, there are different styles, different color options, and usually the greenery and fencing between yards is varied.  

Mostly though, I would rather that the Moles continue working on providing more houses, and In more themes, than on creating optional "gardens" to be used in place of houses. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Gilean Desoto said:

As has already been mentioned, non LL created orbs are fine as long as they conform to the requirements stated in the covenant for Bellisseria. Any that do not conform are returned. As for parcel access, it was just the disabling of public access which creates ban lines for everyone other than the owner and named persons that was withdrawn, you have always been able to ban individuals on the access tab in ‘About Land’.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

Mostly though, I would rather that the Moles continue working on providing more houses, and In more themes, than on creating optional "gardens" to be used in place of houses. 

And it seems like that is the plan as Abnor said they were working on new buildings and we have seen new roads being put in over on SSP (as well as some mysterious section :D). So work is going on. 

I haven't kept up on any "community group" chatter but from what I have read from others, at least one group isn't all that inclusive --- so possibly a certain mindset going on.   

On the PLUS side of the empty houses, they help with the lag although not tons.  :D. 

It is certainly WAY more important to get more houses out for others than to try and "improve" on the areas that are already built; personally I don't see that happening except for fixing some technical issues. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

Compared to the number of home parcels, the number of people in the two main Bellisseria groups is still fairly low.  While there is a vocal group discussing community, I don't know that everyone with a home on Bellisseria is as concerned about that. 

32 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I haven't kept up on any "community group" chatter but from what I have read from others, at least one group isn't all that inclusive --- so possibly a certain mindset going on.   

I initially joined both groups and somewhat monitored the chat.  I figured out pretty quickly that there are definitely groups of people with "agendas".  Ultimately, I decided that too much of it is drama that I want no part of and don't even care to read.  I dropped both groups - there are store groups that offer me far more than the so-called "community" groups do, and thus much more deserving of my precious group slots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I initially joined both groups and somewhat monitored the chat.  I figured out pretty quickly that there are definitely groups of people with "agendas".  Ultimately, I decided that too much of it is drama that I want no part of and don't even care to read.  I dropped both groups - there are store groups that offer me far more than the so-called "community" groups do, and thus much more deserving of my precious group slots.

Same. I really wanted to be part of the community and thought the groups would be a great way to do it. 

Wrong. 

I dropped the groups as well, and have even closed down the one I created for the... er... more adult activities... some may be interested in on Bellisseria. It's just not worth the hassle due to the actions and agendas of some others.

And that's a shame.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm still in both groups, but blocked some members due to the never-ending drama they keep trying to start. I've noticed my block list matches fairly well the banned list of one of those groups, so maybe I'll ultimately just go with that one. There are nice neighbors in both groups, and the chat is not bad once you muzzle the knobheads. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

I didn't even know they were coming out with new homes. I am annoyed because I only found out about them a few days ago. Did they send out any kind of communication?

They posted it on the blog, which does show in the feed in the middle of your Dashboard.  I'm pretty sure there was not an email sent - if there was, neither myself or any of my Premium alts got it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.