The new premium home gold rush...

Pixels Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For those of you that still don't seem to understand why they aren't just "flipping the switch" to turn on the new homes - so to speak - this post by Abnor explains it.

If you still don't understand, possibly you are being intentionally obtuse.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SherriOhCherri said:

I really don't know why there isn't a waiting list for the new homes. I've been a long time premium member  I had a "old" LL home years ago but gave it up so I could have the max of mainland for my $35us a month tier. At the moment I have some of my land up for sale so I can get one of the new LL homes, just wondering how long it'll take and how would I know the moment there are any "new"homes available ? UGH! can I say "FRUSTRATION" 🙁?  Can anyone please explain I'm at a loss about the whole procedure Thankies!💗

Watch the forums, and follow @Patch Linden on Facebook and Flickr. That is the best way to keep up with it all. I hope that helps. He does like to tease us, with little teasers. But he is great for relaying the info for stuff like that. I really do hope that this helps. Let me know when you get the house of your dreams :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One last time.

Nowhere in the the promotion and info re Premium Membership and free Linden homes does it say the homes are "subject to availability."

It also does not explain the limited roll out of the new Linden homes nor does it explain premium members must compete for these homes and if they don't secure their free home they are entitled to as noted in the Premium Membership benefits, they will have to wait for another roll out of Linden homes and go through the competitive process again.  

By intentionally leaving this info out at every turn, LL is misleading Premium Members and especially new Premium Members.

At the very least LL should fix this and be specific on their website about the limited availability of the homes and the actual process of getting a home.   

And announce on the login page a week prior to the roll out of the new homes - how many homes are being released and the date and time they become available along with a link to the updated Linden Homes page explaining how the process actually works in the correct context of competing for a limited number of homes with the 60,000 or so other Premium Members. This info regarding the release of new homes should not be exclusive to the forums.

That at least shows a concerted effort to make this a more fair and transparent process.

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.08.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.11.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.10.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.16.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.17.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.17.57 AM.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Pixels Sideways said:

One last time.

Nowhere in the the promotion and info re Premium Membership and free Linden homes does it say the homes are "subject to availability."

Indeed, please, let it be your 'last time.' In the apt words of LittleMe Jewell: "If you still don't understand, possibly you are being intentionally obtuse." I rest her case.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Pixels Sideways said:

this is actually a valid point. Yes it should say that Linden Homes are subject to availability on the Premium sign-up page

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

this is actually a valid point. Yes it should say that Linden Homes are subject to availability on the Premium sign-up page

Nah, it really isn't. In the unprecedented act of quoting myself from an earllier comment: "Yes, 'subject to availability', of course. Kinda like your local bakery sells loafs of bread 'subject to availability' -- without actually putting that little caveat on his door. I mean, 'subject to availability' is simply implied for most all goods you buy, really (scarcity is a beatch, but a rather fundamental economic principle nonetheless)"

I get that Pixels Sideways is a bit bummed out by missing out. Heck, so am I. :) But honesty, this whole 'false advertising' spiel isn't really going anywhere, far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: Sometimes you just have to make like Frozen, and 'Let it go!' 😊

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

" Kinda like your local bakery sells loafs of bread 'subject to availability' -- without actually putting that little caveat on his door. I mean, 'subject to availability' is simply implied for most all goods you buy, really (scarcity is a beatch, but a rather fundamental economic principle nonetheless)"

weeelll not quite right

the baker parallel is when the baker takes your money and after taking it, then says we actually ran out of bread, come back soon ok and hopefully we will have some for you one day soon

if the baker had said pay for the bread now and I will get it to you as soon as I am able then that would be different. But that's not the case here. The case here is buy my bread now, and then find out after paying that there isn't any bread now. Your bread is coming. Soon

its this absence of pertinent information that leads to consumer laws and all the stuff that goes with them. Is not a big deal for LL to change the description of what they are selling so that the customer before paying is able to make an informed decision

is not just the availability of the new Linden Homes where this is again an issue. The same thing happened with the old Linden Homes when they were introduced. And before that with the Premium Free Land program.  People being told that they would get a product on payment, and then not getting it

• Like 1

I feel I must point out, It's not a valid point, scoring points isn't the point, and even if LL added the enormous bullet point; "subject to availability" at every opportune point that isn't the point of this thread, which by this point everyone, including the OP, should appreciate is way beyond the point of pointless point scoring. As points go we're, not to put to fine a point on it, all now reaching the antipodal point to whatever point the OP was trying to make at the point we all started going round in circles . . . so very long ago.

Anyone wondering why I would write such drivel, In my defense I can only state that the The Library of Babel beat me to is, where it's filled under kddfvj,_prnkoixgdu,xssheu, page 350, although similar versions with an word or character difference can be found in many other locations.

Now I've found part of the prologue to A Game of Thrones, the ending, like this thread must be in there somewhere.

Edited by CoffeeDujour
Edit .. to add, if you don't know what the Library of Babel is, here's a good introduction someone stole from it - https://futurism.com/meet-the-digital-library-of-babel-a-complete-combination-of-every-possible-combination-of-letters-ever
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

weeelll not quite right

the baker parallel is when the baker takes your money and after taking it, then says we actually ran out of bread, come back soon ok and hopefully we will have some for you one day soon

if the baker had said pay for the bread now and I will get it to you as soon as I am able then that would be different. But that's not the case here. The case here is buy my bread now, and then find out after paying that there isn't any bread now. Your bread is coming. Soon

Yeah, see, where your reasoning falls apart, is where nowhere you are promised "The absolute latest edition of our Premium homes!" You are entitled to a Premium home, that's all. It literally says 'You can get a Linden home when you sign up for a Premium account.' No more, no less.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

'You can get a Linden home when you sign up for a Premium account.'

this is why we do end up with laws. It would be trivial for LL to add "You can get a Linden  home when you sign up for a Premium account. Your choice of Linden home is subject to availability"

When have Linden Homes not been subject to availability?  I remember it taking weeks to get a LoftRoom style house. Everybody wanted that house, but there were only a set amount of them.  Now, if there are no Linden Homes, and no land available on mainland on which to use your 1024 free tier, ok.  But that is not the case.

(OK Dead Horse, I think I bought you a couple minutes of peace with that.  Sorry I couldn't do more.)

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

this is why we do end up with laws. It would be trivial for LL to add "You can get a Linden  home when you sign up for a Premium account. Your choice of Linden home is subject to availability"

As I argued earlier (I feel we're going in circles), 'subject to availability' is simply an implicit given. Besides, their wording is entirely accurate 'as is,' as you can always 'get a Linden  home when you sign up for a Premium account.' Always. In my entire life in SL, I have never experienced a shortage of them to the degree that none were available.

Also -- not just addressed to you -- but I feel this pseudo-legalese isn't getting us anywhere. Just wait it out a bit, like everyone else.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Pixels Sideways said:

In my opinion, the reason for this is that it is the intention of LL that everyone who wants a new style Linden home will eventually get one for sure.  Technically speaking, the sign-up page never said immediately either and factually speaking there are Linden homes available - just the old ones right now.  All of this talk is as if people who missed the first wave of the new homes will never get one.  I am pretty sure that this is not the case.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

In my opinion, the reason for this is that it is the intention of LL that everyone who wants a new style Linden home will eventually get one for sure.  Technically speaking, the sign-up page never said immediately either and factually speaking there are Linden homes available - just the old ones right now.  All of this talk is as if people who missed the first wave of the new homes will never get one.  I am pretty sure that this is not the case.

Also, I'd like to point out the simple practicality of things. Which is to say, if all new style Premium homes needed to be immediately available to all 60,000 Premium members (which is an absolute impossibility), the upshot of it all would de facto be, that no one would be allowed to get one. Surely that can not be what ppl want.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

As I argued earlier (I feel we're going in circles), 'subject to availability' is simply an implicit given. Besides, their wording is entirely accurate 'as is,' as you can always 'get a Linden  home when you sign up for a Premium account.' Always. In my entire life in SL, I have never experienced a shortage of them to the degree that none were available.

you would be right when you always got a home, when you wanted one.  This is not true for everyone. It's not true now for the new homes. It wasn't true when the old Linden Homes were first released, and it wasn't true for everyone with the First Land program

when go back through the forums then the same point being made now, was also being made at the time of old Linden Homes and at the time of First Land. The First Land program was probably the worst. LL were still advertising First Land parcels as a Premium benefit. months, after the First Land program was discontinued

You all need to stop complaining about not having your new linden home(I don't have mine either) , as you all can see it's not getting you anywhere.  LL is going to do what they want not what we want.  They will release the new homes when they are ready.  Im hoping it's very Soon.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Pixels Sideways said:

One last time.

It also does not explain the limited roll out of the new Linden homes nor does it explain premium members must compete for these homes and if they don't secure their free home they are entitled to as noted in the Premium Membership benefits, they will have to wait for another roll out of Linden homes and go through the competitive process again.  

By intentionally leaving this info out at every turn, LL is misleading Premium Members and especially new Premium Members.

At the very least LL should fix this and be specific on their website about the limited availability of the homes and the actual process of getting a home.   

And announce on the login page a week prior to the roll out of the new homes - how many homes are being released and the date and time they become available along with a link to the updated Linden Homes page explaining how the process actually works in the correct context of competing for a limited number of homes with the 60,000 or so other Premium Members. This info regarding the release of new homes should not be exclusive to the forums.

That at least shows a concerted effort to make this a more fair and transparent process.

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.08.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.11.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.10.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.16.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.17.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 1.17.57 AM.png

Well when they put out a few thousand new homes this phase, and there are 60k plus premium members. Then yes, it is subject to availability.

• Like 2

What it boils down to is that premium members are absolutely able to have a Linden Home, it's just not the particular one some of them want. 

I've got a prime spot. My boat has water on three sides and incredible views of a lighthouse, open sea, a marina, and a neighborhood. What if someone comes along and wants THAT particular home? Am I obliged to give it up, or are the Moles obliged to recreate that exact same spot with the exact same views, essentially copy/pasting regions so everyone can have the exact same thing at the exact same time? Of course not. That would be silly. 

No one is entitled to a houseboat or a certain house in a certain place. You're entitled to a Linden Home. Period. 

The behavior on display in this thread makes me desperately hope that my only neighbor stays where she is and I don't end up with someone new once the latest regions are available.

Why hasn't this thread been locked? The OP's original question has been answered, repeatedly, ad nauseum

• Like 7

When linden labs promoted the new linden homes, they promoted to all premium members not just a handful. Linden labs is obligated to produce enuff homes for all premium members. Im sure they will but waiting for one is  tiresome. Yes, we could have a linden home but the older homes only give 115 prims or something like that. Why would we settle for that when LL promoted 350 prims a 1024sq lot and a"NEW LINDEN HOME".?

Edited by KiKiDivinity
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KiKiDivinity said:

When linden labs promoted the new linden homes, they promoted to all premium members not just a handful. Linden labs is obligated to produce enuff homes for all premium members. Im sure they will but waiting for one is  tiresome. Yes, we could have a linden home but the older homes only give 115 prims or something like that. Why would we settle for that when LL promoted 350 prims a 1024sq lot and a"NEW LINDEN HOME".?

Yes, but they also want to make sure everything is built right. Do you want a community setting, where everything looks the same? I would rather wait and just let them do their work and in time, you will get your new homes. For right now, the old Linden Homes are good enough. I don't know why people are so mad when they already have a place to stay. It's not like they closed down all the Linden homes, and had you be homeless for an undisclosed amount of time. Hell LL doesn't have to give you new homes, this is just a really nice thing they are doing for us. Like they didn't have to do this for us, they could have just done general updates for us. But they are doing it, and it will take time for them to get all the homes out for every premium member. So please wait and be patient, 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Why hasn't this thread been locked? The OP's original question has been answered, repeatedly, ad nauseum

Because otherwise you wouldn't have told us about your houseboat/neighborhood. ;)

• Haha 1

I am gonna put my input here, I am absolutely appalled and disgusted at some of these responses. Pretty much telling LL, they want their new homes now, and they don't have enough prims. The fact that they are doing is awesome, and start being more grateful for this. Look they are working tirelessly pumping out other updates and stuff, and are working their asses off to bring us an amazing experience. I never understood this behaviour.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AngieRath said:

Because otherwise you wouldn't have told us about your houseboat/neighborhood. ;)

But it's freaking awesome and I want to brag... lol!

It's also open for anyone. People can even set their home position there if they want. It's in the Fourze region. There is a rowboat rezzer, free cocktails, wine, and beer, and free balloons! Flamingos, fish, and a doggie to pet! Shower, bathe, sleep!

I welcome anyone to stop by and enjoy themselves. 

Never mind. Had to put the security up. 

This is why we can't have nice things.

Edited by Beth Macbain
Information Changed
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.