The new premium home gold rush...

Pixels Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Maybe 10 000 will have a LH houseboat, traditional home or whatever next they make. I believe many premiums have paid for a year and is not logging in anymore. Us who post here is happy and exited over the new. But many will say it's not big enough, too crowded, the banlines policy is not to their liking.

I think when there is 8000 - 10 000 homes, things will calm down.

Has LL made 2000 of the new homes? I remember it was ca. 700 of the last boats. I don't have time to look for the first batch numbers.

Does anyone know the numbers of the new homes on Bellisseria, and how many was made of the old Linden homes?

The latest release of houseboats was 709.  If you look at that batch on the map and look at the original release section, I'd guess somewhere around the same number of houseboats released in the first batch and roughly 2-3 times that for houses.  So yeah, they've definitely exceeded 2000 new parcels by now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I dont have a houseboat yet, but like you I'm excited about possibly getting one...

I actually own a large community on mainland but it's a public place and after a while you sorta become a mini-celebrity in your community. You get IMs all the time and everyone wants to know the owner and be friends with them... and i honestly love that... however i have my private home up in the sky there but when people see you on map they usually assume you are "On" 

While I love that, I also long for a spot where I'm just 1person on the sim among others.  A neighbor and not the big owner of something huge.

I love my Atlantis it is my labor of love... but one of these houseboats would be a place where I can just enjoy community without running it. Maybe someday I'll get lucky on one of these refreshes :)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bel Inglewood said:

I wonder if there's anyway we can find out that the amount of new linden homes still available instead of guessing by taking out all your funiture, abandoning your land, and then realizing you dont have access to the new ones yet 

Well currently there is no actual availability.  Every now and then someone abandons their house or houseboat and someone refreshing their 'get a home' page sees it and nabs it. I doubt any abandoned home is available for more than a few seconds (if that much) right now.

When the next batch of some type of home is released, we will likely see the build out on the SSP regions first and can then possibly guess as to how many homes and/or how quickly they might go.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The latest release of houseboats was 709.  If you look at that batch on the map and look at the original release section, I'd guess somewhere around the same number of houseboats released in the first batch and roughly 2-3 times that for houses.  So yeah, they've definitely exceeded 2000 new parcels by now.

I think that the first release of houses plus houseboats was at least (or close to) 2300 - maybe a bit higher, from what I recall Abnor saying in one of the other threads as a close number.  So with the addition of 709 houseboats last week, that would put the combined total around 3000 or a little higher.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

First you'll need to wait until more become available.  Then you will have to Abandon your current home -- via the Land tab -- and select a new home using the same process that you used to get your current one.  When the new ones are available, they will show as an option on that page, via the drop down list.

Thank you so much i cant wait :)

• Like 1

Bounces around whooping and hollering like a crazed lunatic while the dogs look at me like I am nuts and the neighbors on the next block hear me yelling.......... I GOT ONE!!!!! Oh my goodness, finally! I guess posting in the forum was my lucky charm!! Woohoooooooooooooooo now to go see where it is and crossing fingers it is an amazing spot!

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

I think that the first release of houses plus houseboats was at least (or close to) 2300 - maybe a bit higher, from what I recall Abnor saying in one of the other threads as a close number.  So with the addition of 709 houseboats last week, that would put the combined total around 3000 or a little higher.  

I remember that now.  Abnor offered a prize to the first person that could say exactly how many had been released in the first batch, and while not correct, someone guessing 23-something was noted as being the closest guess so far.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bel Inglewood said:

I wonder if there's anyway we can find out that the amount of new linden homes still available instead of guessing by taking out all your funiture, abandoning your land, and then realizing you dont have access to the new ones yet 

There is nothing now, only the random abandoned house. I monitor it with one alt who is premium and has no home. For me in CEST, I have seen Belisseria homes only 2 times in 5 weeks. You who live in the US may see it more often... maybe. Who knows. It's random luck.

I think it's best to follow the forums, when some see mole activity and changes in the continent it will be a hot discussion. Last time, Patch Linden said the 700 new boats would be released within 24 hours and they were. It was posted here.

You can pick up furniture not one by one, but many objects at one, so you can put them down faster if you miss a release. It is easy to get another old style home.

1 minute ago, Ivory Bouscario said:

Bounces around whooping and hollering like a crazed lunatic while the dogs look at me like I am nuts and the neighbors on the next block hear me yelling.......... I GOT ONE!!!!! Oh my goodness, finally! I guess posting in the forum was my lucky charm!! Woohoooooooooooooooo now to go see where it is and crossing fingers it is an amazing spot!

I honestly debated between the like icon -- glad you finally got your place --- and the laugh icon, due to your reaction.  I opted for the laugh, but it was totally meant in a good way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ivory Bouscario said:

Really? Now, in prime time CEST? The Bellisseria homes go out faster than fast.

1 hour ago, Ivory Bouscario said:

I'm curious what brought you to want in on the new homes? 

The OP was very difficult to read so I did not read most of it. But the reason I want one of the new homes is twofold (1) community and (2) a place without the insane ban lines and security orbs that pollute the rest of the mainland. Keeping visual pollution from low hanging skyboxes away is a nice bonus. But it’s really the other two factors that make me want one of the new homes. 

I was flying over the new houseboats when my helicopter got eaten by a sim crossing. It was frustrating, but I ended up at the Squishy Pickle gathering. Ended up having some of the most SL fun I have had in ages. So, yes, I’d like in on that. 🙂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ivory Bouscario said:

If it's on a corner in the Rourke region, enjoy! ;)

2 minutes ago, Ivory Bouscario said:

I am seeing that several of the plots around me say they are owned by Lindens. This seems odd to me. Are the Lindens going to be intermingling with us again like in the old days? Or are these plots that are released here and there? Hmmmmmm

Lindens do own some of the new parcels for their own use (they are Residents, too, after all). I hope people won't be complaining about that, but I assume there will be some that have a problem with it. I think it's nice because they will be invested in the place. :)

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ivory Bouscario said:

I am seeing that several of the plots around me say they are owned by Lindens. This seems odd to me. Are the Lindens going to be intermingling with us again like in the old days? Or are these plots that are released here and there? Hmmmmmm

Actual home/houseboat plots or some of the areas in between?  I sometimes click wrong when trying to get info on a parcel.  If the land title says Protected Land, then it will be part of the general areas.  It it has an actual name, then a Linden truly lives near you -- lucky you.  I doubt they are released/abandoned plots as those truly do get snapped up quickly right now - though I don't remember what the 'name' of the non-assigned home plots default to.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

11 minutes ago, Ivory Bouscario said:

If they are owned by Governor Linden, then I would expect them to be released sooner or later.

A good rule of thumb is Linden accounts with names are people, roles are not.

Just now, K0RUPTION said:

How does one get a houseboat...ive been abandoning land all day zzz

There are not currently any available -- unless someone just happens to abandon one at the moment that you refresh your 'get home' page -- which is pretty unlikely.

I have been in SL for over 9 years and a premium member for almost that entire time.

I have been in SL for nearly 11 years and never had premium before this year. More about that later 🙂

My hope is that the Lindens see how excited and happy we all are about this and keep things rolling out at a quick pace in order to curb some of the growing frustrations by people that are still left out.

Trust me, they took notice... twice! 🙂

... the "gold rush" as I like to call it is real.

I like to compare it to the Oklahoma Land Rush of 1889 :D 

Anyway, back to the reason for my post. I'm curious what brought you to want in on the new homes? Was it only because it is something new? Because you like the new house look? The layout of the new continent? For me it is definitely the new design and the ability to now live on the water. If I ever get there that is. Hope to see you all out there enjoying the new space and chatting with the neighbors!

Well, as I said earlier, I never had premium before this year. I won myself a cheap little bit of mainland and had started to decorate it when I learned of the new Linden Homes. 
"Whatever!" I thought, assuming it would be nothing to write home about. ...Until I visited the Linden Preview region during the RFL Home and Garden Expo (I wanted inspiration for decorating my mainland home). I fell in love with the townhouses and the Winchester in particular. The area surrounding the houses felt warm, welcoming, urban, it felt like a place where people would live, not just avatars, if that makes any sense. I had a look at the houseboats but was like "ew, I could never live there!".
At that point, I decided to get a townhome the moment they would become available.

Fast forward a few months and whilst reading the forums, I noticed a post that said that the new homes on Belliseria had just released.
I went online, abandoned my mainland and immediately snagged up a townhome (this was still VERY early in the land rush!). However, since I had taken up sailing in SL, it made me wonder what it would be like to own a houseboat. I had flown around the new continent after securing my townhome and became impressed with the houseboats.
SO... I abandoned my townhome and swapped it out for a houseboat. The location was perfect, it's facing out over a lake, so it's great for launching boats or seaplanes and it's near a road, so one can rez a land vehicle on my roof and drive it off to explore the rest of the continent.
I decided to hold on to the houseboat, and since Belliseria had no LL rez zones yet, I decided to make my home available as a rez zone. Building upon that, I have opened the home for all who want to drop in and hang out (we have coffee!).

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 6

I have been in SL for almost 12 years, and only bought a Premium account a few weeks ago, in order to (so I thought) get one of the houseboats after I visited the home and garden exhibit. Even with so much experience in SL, I was naive to say the least. I was very upset for a few days, then realized it might be months before I could get one, and went another direction. I have rented in SL for all those years, and my best times were when I was able to have a house on the water with the waves coming in. That was why I wanted a houseboat, beyond not paying rent anymore (I have since realized that many of the houseboats are not situated so you can watch the waves roll in anyhow, lol).

So anyhow, with my Premium account I have a little bit of land tier, so I spent a lot of time and finally found a plot in a sea for a reasonable price and have spent many, many hours setting it up (I love decorating new places, and this time I even got to shop for houses, one on the sea and one in the sky!). I love it, lots of freedom, great views, and no lag and fast frame rates. I didn't go down the path I planned, but it all worked out for the best.

I have since spent a fair amount of time wandering Bellessaria, and while I love the area, and still like the houseboats, frame rate is low there for me, and I experience a fair amount of lag, so even if/when houseboats actually become available, I doubt I will move to one.

Hopefully this is not OT. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

If it's on a corner in the Rourke region, enjoy! ;)

No, it is on Menagerie. Great name!

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Lindens do own some of the new parcels for their own use (they are Residents, too, after all). I hope people won't be complaining about that, but I assume there will be some that have a problem with it. I think it's nice because they will be invested in the place. :)

Not complaining at all personally. I miss the days when the Lindens mingled among us!

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actual home/houseboat plots or some of the areas in between?  I sometimes click wrong when trying to get info on a parcel.  If the land title says Protected Land, then it will be part of the general areas.  It it has an actual name, then a Linden truly lives near you -- lucky you.  I doubt they are released/abandoned plots as those truly do get snapped up quickly right now - though I don't remember what the 'name' of the non-assigned home plots default to.

It is an actual houseboat plot. The one right next to me. :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

If they are owned by Governor Linden, then I would expect them to be released sooner or later.

A good rule of thumb is Linden accounts with names are people, roles are not.

No, it is another Linden but their profile says they are an employee.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ivory Bouscario said:

No, it is another Linden but their profile says they are an employee.

Congratz on getting a houseboat, at this point it sorta feels like winning a lottery if you get one... I don't know how I would feel living next to a Linden... I tend to be very private about my RL and knowing there is someone living next to me who can probably look up my RL stuff at any given moment kinda creeps me out a bit...

Yet at this point I think I would take any houseboat I can get even if they sandwiched me between a gaggle of Lindens, a virtual version of my grumpy RL next door neighbor, and someone who lives out their SL life in a Mr Potato Head Avie

Edited by Evangeline Ling
spelling
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Ivory Bouscario said:

No, it is on Menagerie. Great name!

Not complaining at all personally. I miss the days when the Lindens mingled among us!

It is an actual houseboat plot. The one right next to me. :)

Well then, there were two houses that went around the same time then. =D Congrats!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.