The new premium home gold rush...

Pixels Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Ivory Bouscario said:

No, it is on Menagerie. Great name!

A friend of mine lives there too. There are 3 Lindens and a rather well-known blogger (he frequents these forums too) that live there as well. 

I'd say you are in great company there! 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evangeline Ling said:

I tend to be very private about my RL and knowing there is someone living next to me who can probably look up my RL stuff at any given moment kinda creeps me out a bit...

There are many Linden employees with the last name of Linden. Only a handful of them actually have a modicum of access to the private info of the residents. But as a rule, if they don't need the access, they don't get it.

5 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

A friend of mine lives there too. There are 3 Lindens and a rather well-known blogger (he frequents these forums too) that live there as well. 

I'd say you are in great company there! 🙂

Well that's pretty awesome :)  Guess I'm on the block with the cool kids LOL .... I better straighten up!

• Haha 3

This just popped into my head. Releasing the homes/house boats in batches keeps us on the edge of our seats, keeps it a hot topic, something to dream and look forward to, keeps us making a community, etc. After I got an abandoned houseboat a week and a half ago, I actually missed being on the edge of my seat. I missed the excitement of "could this be my day?". 

I originally wanted a house but am loving the houseboat. I love exploring the continent and chatting up people that I come across. I love seeing the boats, hot air balloons, planes, bikes etc of people enjoying the continent.

For the first time in my SL, I can exhale and say "I'm home". That feeling is what I've been seeking since I've joined.

• Like 5

i'm confused about this whole new linden lab home stuff...i abandoned my old linden lab home recently and when i look to see for a new one...all i'm seeing are ones that are on a 512sqm parcel where ya go to get a LL home...am i missing something and where do i actually go to get a new LL home? and does the 7$ land fee really do get wavered for a 1024sqm land like they said?

1 minute ago, EricaRiecter said:

i'm confused about this whole new linden lab home stuff...i abandoned my old linden lab home recently and when i look to see for a new one...all i'm seeing are ones that are on a 512sqm parcel where ya go to get a LL home...am i missing something and where do i actually go to get a new LL home? and does the 7$ land fee really do get wavered for a 1024sqm land like they said?

The new 1024 sqm homes and boat houses are all out of stock .. if you refresh the page where you pick what type of home you want a million times, you might get lucky and snag one as someone moves out.

Premium membership now includes 1024sqm of bonus teir - that means you can have up to 1024sqm of land (total), anywhere in SL, and it is covered by your existing membership.

I had 1st joined Second life back in 2007 & had a lot of fun for a while, but was not a Premium member & did not have a home.  At the time I could not see spending real money to join.......I left for a long time & would log in every once in a while, but that is all.

Fast forward to April 2016.....I decided I wanted to be a Premium member - to get a home.....I liked the Meadowbrook homes & tried out many of them...had a bunch of fun decorating, buying stuff - changing the look, style all the time.....but eventually, I lost interest.....although I liked the houses - the neighborhoods were not great & there was almost never anyone else around, no community......so after about 9 months or so - I lost interest again.  (loved the Asian & hobbit homes....but only from the outside....they did not have any windows....so it felt very clausterphobic inside.

Just about a month ago - I saw a post on Facebook, about the new homes & houseboats......that really peaked my interest, so I got on & checked out the Bellissaria area....I loved it.....looks like actual neighborhoods....with roads, yards........I love that you get some yard to decorate, not just the inside.....so I went ahead & became a Premium member again.....I have not been lucky enough to snag a house or houseboat yet, but I keep refreshing multiple times a day.....I have been riding around the homes on my bike & enjoying what I am seeing.

I was actually riding my bike down the road & someone in a car zoomed by me.....I loved it.

I am enjoying reading the threads & am finding out a lot of good information....for when I do get a place.  Congratulations to all who have been lucky enough to get a property......

5.18 - still don't have a house_001.png

• Like 14

5 hours ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

So anyhow, with my Premium account I have a little bit of land tier, so I spent a lot of time and finally found a plot in a sea for a reasonable price and have spent many, many hours setting it up (I love decorating new places, and this time I even got to shop for houses, one on the sea and one in the sky!). I love it, lots of freedom, great views, and no lag and fast frame rates. I didn't go down the path I planned, but it all worked out for the best.

i did the same. Read about the new homes last year. Thought that I might get one. Paid up and then did something else with my tier allowance. Like you I am pretty happy with my choices while also being happy for everyone who did get a new Linden Home. Happy also for LL that the new style homes are in demand which help to grow Premium account revenues

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

The new 1024 sqm homes and boat houses are all out of stock .. if you refresh the page where you pick what type of home you want a million times, you might get lucky and snag one as someone moves out.

Premium membership now includes 1024sqm of bonus teir - that means you can have up to 1024sqm of land (total), anywhere in SL, and it is covered by your existing membership.

ok...sooo the 1024sqm bonus tier is already automatically on my account and i don't have to worry about clicking on the little tier box where it says $7 land fee for a 1024sqm parcel, is that correct?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EricaRiecter said:

ok...sooo the 1024sqm bonus tier is already automatically on my account and i don't have to worry about clicking on the little tier box where it says $7 land fee for a 1024sqm parcel, is that correct?

Correct -- that tier button is if you want to pay for more than your Premium 1024.  All tier costs shown on that page are extra - above the 1024 you get with your membership.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Ivory Bouscario said:

Bounces around whooping and hollering like a crazed lunatic while the dogs look at me like I am nuts and the neighbors on the next block hear me yelling.......... I GOT ONE!!!!! Oh my goodness, finally! I guess posting in the forum was my lucky charm!! Woohoooooooooooooooo now to go see where it is and crossing fingers it is an amazing spot!

yeahhhhhhhhh Ivory!   I know that feeling.  Enjoy your place.

3 hours ago, Odaks said:

Even if it isn't, I rather suspect you'll still have a big smile on your face! I'm sure you'll love it 😉

It's a pretty cool spot. I have nice neighbors so far that I have met. Hopefully people will stay active after the newness wears off. I see a lot of people active in the water as well. The spot is one that is turned horizontal toward the water which I prefer and it is on an end. I would have rather it was along the land edge instead of in this giant cluster of boat stalls out in the ocean though. I am really hoping that LL doesn't start to turn things into crammed clusters of mess again. Seemed like when the old premium houses started out they were all around parks or nicer areas then just went downhill after that. This already looks more crammed than how things looked across the way on the main continent. Less area decor and space. Crossing fingers that it all continues to stay nicer areas going forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivory Bouscario said:

It's a pretty cool spot. I have nice neighbors so far that I have met. Hopefully people will stay active after the newness wears off. I see a lot of people active in the water as well. The spot is one that is turned horizontal toward the water which I prefer and it is on an end. I would have rather it was along the land edge instead of in this giant cluster of boat stalls out in the ocean though. I am really hoping that LL doesn't start to turn things into crammed clusters of mess again. Seemed like when the old premium houses started out they were all around parks or nicer areas then just went downhill after that. This already looks more crammed than how things looked across the way on the main continent. Less area decor and space. Crossing fingers that it all continues to stay nicer areas going forward.

Glad to hear you got one! :)

This latest release of water homes was an extra release in order to try and cater to the overwhelming demand for them as shown in the first release of both types. I would imagine that it was done in the best way possible, to get the most out, in the quickest time, whilst still being 'in theme'.

As more releases come around, within the original plan, I'm sure they'll be just as well thought out and designed as the first release. And as more and more become available, so the opportunity to 're roll' and get a home in an area more to your liking increases.

• Like 1

Soon. Nobody knows exactly.

<<We know they will go very quickly, but as time goes on we will get more out, and hopefully faster.

Our next focus will be to bring more Traditional Homes plus more Houseboats in another smaller launch while working in parallel to a larger launch and an exciting new theme. 
As usual, stay tuned here for more updates!>>

• Thanks 2

Patch suggested "hopefully faster" than last time, which suggests about a month or slightly less, provided that there are no hiccups or delays.

It is unlikely that the next batch will be announced more than 24 hours in advance. I forget why but there's another thread somewhere that explains it.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, EnchantingTegan said:

Anyone know when some more new houses will be out im sooooooo dying for one about to start my family gonna need a nice neighborhood for my little one to grow up in 

Your guess is as good as any.  Keep an eye on the blogs and this thread:

On 5/19/2019 at 9:27 AM, Ivory Bouscario said:

I'm curious what brought you to want in on the new homes? Was it only because it is something new? Because you like the new house look? The layout of the new continent? For me it is definitely the new design and the ability to now live on the water. If I ever get there that is. Hope to see you all out there enjoying the new space and chatting with the neighbors!

I have to agree with a lot of what you said. Specially with the old homes... They were blah, and became very outdated once LL increased our free parcel to 1024sqm.  So to answer your questions:

• Something new? Sure. 
  • Did I like the look? Heck yeah! And the fact i could select from different models and more options when it came to customizing it.
  • New continent layout? Yes, really enjoyed the roads, docks and water!

The option to live on the water had a HUGE appeal to me. I lived on mainland coast prior to go sailing and flying. So now I can live in a little community with other houseboats and not some random stuff around me and still go sailing and flying to other continents. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EnchantingTegan said:

Anyone know when some more new houses will be out im sooooooo dying for one about to start my family gonna need a nice neighborhood for my little one to grow up in 

A positive from this is that there are old homes available in much nicer spots now.  My main account abandoned and rechose a few before picking up one in a nice sim on the side of a hill with seating out front.  The build is still basic but much nicer than where we were before surrounded on all sides.

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.