The new premium home gold rush...

Pixels Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

I didn't even know they were coming out with new homes. I am annoyed because I only found out about them a few days ago. Did they send out any kind of communication?

In addition to their blog, they also had a full region of preview homes at the Home and Garden Expo, where you could walk around and in all the new homes.  I think the preview may have been in the destination guide at that time.  Many saw the new homes there and began choosing their favorite styles and discussing how they would decorate it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I disagree that it wouldn't be easy to drop another neighborhood. We see entire expansive role play sims go up in a matter of a week very often. Gorgeous sims. Not to mention there are rezzers which work for 1/4 sims. For the terrain it's as simple as a RAW file. 

My issue is this. Those at Linden labs knew in advance the demand would be huge. Why wouldn't it be with double the prim allowance and long awaited updated homes? 

Everyone pays the same amount for their premium membership, there is no more special or deserving than the other. I was looking through the homes, got one model but was sent to a different model.. and went to get the right one and they were all gone. That they were all gone the very next day was a cruel joke. I saw someone say they were available for 2 days. 

Loyalty? logging in and checking the forums every day? Seriously? It's not about loyalty when you pay membership dues and not everyone does SL every day nor should they. That would fall under unhealthy obsession.

All that said, is there a release date for the next phase?  

11 minutes ago, AzaleaBumbleshoot said:

I was looking through the homes, got one model but was sent to a different model.. and went to get the right one and they were all gone. That they were all gone the very next day was a cruel joke. I saw someone say they were available for 2 days. 

You could have changed the house type with the 'LH - Traditional - HouseController' :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, AzaleaBumbleshoot said:

Loyalty? logging in and checking the forums every day? Seriously? It's not about loyalty when you pay membership dues and not everyone does SL every day nor should they. That would fall under unhealthy obsession.

All that said, is there a release date for the next phase?  

... I am as unlucky probably i will late and i stay homeless more half year

On 5/11/2019 at 9:00 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

OK, but that is not what you originally said. You were asking about providing empty plots for the people who don't happen to be furnishing their houses. If what you really mean is how about giving people even more choices for our parcels (including empty houses if that is what we like), that's fine. I am all for MORE choices. I am against enforcing our personal idea of how a home should be furnished on others.

There has just been a lot of judgmental comments regarding folks who don't lavishly furnish their parcels, and tbh, it is no one's business as long as everyone is complying with TOS and the covenant. 

Jeeze . . let it go already. :)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, AzaleaBumbleshoot said:

I disagree that it wouldn't be easy to drop another neighborhood. We see entire expansive role play sims go up in a matter of a week very often. Gorgeous sims. Not to mention there are rezzers which work for 1/4 sims. For the terrain it's as simple as a RAW file. 

If you're talking about truly gorgeous sims, the likes that get featured in sites like Inara's, etc... I guarantee that very, very rarely that can be done in a week. A month (considering planning, building, etc), if lucky, would be a much more realistic number. Possibly way more.

Still, let's work with that "one week" number of yours: The next "batch" of Linden Homes will be the "Pickle Island" Houseboats, which has 40 sims in total. If each took one week, it would take the moles 10 months (!) to finish just that. Instead, they will probably deliver that in little over a month. That's roughly 8-10 sims per week. All carefully manually done and tested, with no copy-paste stuff in it.

Considering the end result, that's a pretty amazing job if you ask me.

Just saying ;)

• Like 8

I missed out on the first round because I had real life responsibilities. I'm a writer with stories to write, research, and organize. Then there's deadlines to meet , which I'm bad enough about as it is. I also have a kitty that occasionally likes to have my attention. PLUS I'm trying to build an inventory for a 2nd Life shop. AND I'm packing for a major move. In short, I do NOT have the time to sit and watch that page for selecting my Linden Home. 

I came to one solution: subscribe to the official thread. 

Theoretically this should improve the odds.

• Like 5

I shouldn't reply.

If you can have a phone with you, and internet connection, then you can claim a home from the website. The only difference is that you can't teleport in and look at it there and then, must wait until you can open Second Life. But you have that place. It is not going away.

• Like 1

It was really very fast the home sale. 2 days and everything gone. After that only sporadically houses were free, you had to be lucky. 1-2 days then the store was tight. Since then, nothing more.

I have a friend and she did not have a house and absolutely wanted one. We agreed on a time when I gave up my house by phone and at the same moment lurked for a vacant house. The abandoned house was not even published, it was instantly forgiven. The new owner was not even online when it happened. It was very strange, as if someone had reserved.

I was lucky enough to find two more houses for my friend and myself. For this I had to lurk for 3 hours on the computer until a chance emerged.

It was awful.

Edited by Wanda6

3 minutes ago, Wanda6 said:

The new owner was not even online when it happened. It was very strange, as if someone had reserved.

Claiming a Linden Home is done on the web (through your account dashboard) so the person does not need to be inworld in order to claim a house - they just need to be somewhere with web access.  

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Wanda6 said:

I was lucky enough to find two more houses for my friend and myself. For this I had to lurk for 3 hours on the computer until a chance emerged.

It was awful.

If you were able to get two homes with just 3 hours of trying, you were very lucky indeed.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, KiKiDivinity said:

all of you who are waiting on a house boat, keep checking the house page where u claim your Linden home. im here on Bellisseria watching as they are building the new boathouses. they should be ready soon for you to grab.

I'm sitting here refreshing.... Nothing yet... 

15 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

I'm sitting here refreshing.... Nothing yet... 

Patch said "within 24 hours" which leaves about 18 hours or so to go -- unless they hit a snag which also may happen. So waiting for an announcement might save that pushing finger :D. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.