The new premium home gold rush...

Pixels Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, KiKiDivinity said:

I can honestly say the lot I got is beautiful. I have 0 complaints. 

From seeing pictures on Forums and on Facebook. I have to say, the whole place looks absolutely magnificent. I actually enjoy that the Moles and Lindens are taking their time and putting tonnes of effort into this new continent. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shalom1rael said:

Hoe does one "refresh" and what are you refreshing? is it the place that says get your premium home ? I really don't know any other way. When I check there it takes me to  the old linden homes which I do not want. Thank you for an update on what you meant, in how you found yours

When you are on the page showing the older homes, first type in a Name for your home (# 3 - Name Your Home) and click Next, then click the Back arrow/button on your browser (basically backing out of the selection of that older home).  That gets the Name that you want put into the field and it will save it upon page refresh.  That way, if/when a House/Houseboat shows up, you don't have to take time to key anything in - you can just click Next, which gets you through the process a tad quicker.

After that, just periodically hit F5 for refresh (assuming you are not on a Mac - I don't know the Mac 'refresh' keystroke).  If one of the new Houses/Houseboats becomes available, it will show first on the screen and all you have to do is click Next and then click the Agree box on the next page, followed by Accept.  

• Like 3

Just now, KiKiDivinity said:

You can hit ctrl R also to refresh. As I was walking towards my door this morning I refreshed the page and one was avavailble. I claimed it from my phone ran to computer to finish it up. 

You can also hit F5 too, that will refresh the page as well.

On 5/5/2019 at 10:50 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Because they pay the same as everyone else and are entitled to keep the house they were able to get, whether or not they furnish it. Why segregate people who don't think the same way you do? If someone wants an empty house, that is their business. 

I'm just thinking of a way to avoid a bunch empty houses in the community. In my opinion, empty houses do not contribute community building, as far as the layout of the land goes.

So let's Imagine:
I place my skybox in the sky somewhere. I'm not using the house. Instead, I could choose "park" or "Japanese Garden", or some other theme than an empty house. This would provide pleasing scenery for the community and get rid of empty houses. And nobody looses anything. In fact, people get more options.

Obviously LL have added a switching function to rez in different homes; basically sets of mesh objects grouped. A brilliant idea. So, there's no reason they couldn't substitute non-building scenery options.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TimothySKing said:

I'm just thinking of a way to avoid a bunch empty houses in the community. In my opinion, empty houses do not contribute community building, as far as the layout of the land goes.

Which means you're looking unwantedly into private homes. Shame on you! :P

The houses are almost too small to move in there. So far I only use my Skybox. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TimothySKing said:

So let's Imagine:
I place my skybox in the sky somewhere. I'm not using the house. Instead, I could choose "park" or "Japanese Garden", or some other theme than an empty house. This would provide pleasing scenery for the community and get rid of empty houses. And nobody looses anything. In fact, people get more options.

Obviously LL have added a switching function to rez in different homes; basically sets of mesh objects grouped. A brilliant idea. So, there's no reason they couldn't substitute non-building scenery options.

It's called their Linden Home, they don't have to furnish it if they want. Your logic is very flawed for one reason if we get rid of those homes, then not everyone who has premium or these people will have a home. You have to understand, some of these people scooped up a home, possibly filling it up at a later date. They may be busy doing RL stuff, family Emergency, work, etc. So to expect someone to decorate right away is preposterous. Look your idea is great, it's just flawed. Skyboxes would totally ruin the look of the community if you could switch to that. No one wants to see shadows over plots, or even the community itself.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Skyboxes would totally ruin the look of the community if you could switch to that. No one wants to see shadows over plots, or even the community itself.

According to the regulations, skyboxes are located at an altitude of over 2000 metres.😕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngieRath said:

Which means you're looking unwantedly into private homes. Shame on you! :P

The houses are almost too small to move in there. So far I only use my Skybox. 

Bird song is no more
Leaves gather long forgotten
Ghost wind in the air
 :(

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

It's called their Linden Home, they don't have to furnish it if they want. Your logic is very flawed for one reason if we get rid of those homes, then not everyone who has premium or these people will have a home. You have to understand, some of these people scooped up a home, possibly filling it up at a later date. They may be busy doing RL stuff, family Emergency, work, etc. So to expect someone to decorate right away is preposterous. Look your idea is great, it's just flawed. Skyboxes would totally ruin the look of the community if you could switch to that. No one wants to see shadows over plots, or even the community itself.

Yeesh. Give me a break folks. It's a suggestion to LL. I'm not suggesting getting rid of Linden homes on mass or anything. Just to have options. You'd think I wrote something that was going to change the world drastically. No such thing. I only suggest LL add additional options on the current land menu. You want a house, great, you got it. You want some lovely landscaping, boom, you got it.

I would love to be able to convert my place to a Japanese garden or something other than an actual Linden Home. But you can't. Seems logical to me that some of us would enjoy additional options such as preset landscaping. I'm pretty darn sure quite a few premium users would love this option. And it doesn't take away anybody's home, but you would have the option to choose pre-made themed scenery in place of a house.  Just an idea to suggest to LL.

And sky boxes are allowed above 2000 in the new areas. It's irrelevant. 

Edited by TimothySKing
  • Like 2

I still maintain there could be an option that (so far) is neither Traditional or Houseboat. There will be many people who opt for a skybox no matter what options are available. That is totally fine, and their right as a premium member. In my opinion, though, that even gives Moles more freedom: the homes are, what, 160, 200 prims a piece? Imagine them being able to use those on the ground. And just to clear up a couple arguments:

But shouldn't someone be able to have a house and skybox?
Yeah totally.

They paid for their parcel. Who cares how they use it?
They should be able to use their parcel however. But, if they want to purely have a skybox and want to take advantage of the double prims without decorating at all on the ground which they never plan to use (do any of you think they should be obligated to decorate a house they never plan to use, or feel a vacant house is better than a mole decorated ground?) they should be able to. 

I want to move the convo a bit away from entitlement, which we are currently at. Yes, sure, many feel cheated that some with alts have two homes, while they wait. That'll go away. But, eventually everyone with a linden home will be forced to move. Surely, no matter what the Lindens and Moles do, many will not be satisfied, and/or will just want a sky place to change clothes. In my opinion, if we want the continent/ground to maintain a sense of community/consistency, we should offer those people some sort of option. It could perhaps even be quicker if the moles were able to just make an option and only allow skyboxes in it. 

I'm fully down for the community experiment: but surely there are those who aren't interested. Give them an option, imo. 

2 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

I still maintain there could be an option that (so far) is neither Traditional or Houseboat. There will be many people who opt for a skybox no matter what options are available. That is totally fine, and their right as a premium member. In my opinion, though, that even gives Moles more freedom: the homes are, what, 160, 200 prims a piece? Imagine them being able to use those on the ground. And just to clear up a couple arguments:

But shouldn't someone be able to have a house and skybox?
Yeah totally.

They paid for their parcel. Who cares how they use it?
They should be able to use their parcel however. But, if they want to purely have a skybox and want to take advantage of the double prims without decorating at all on the ground which they never plan to use (do any of you think they should be obligated to decorate a house they never plan to use, or feel a vacant house is better than a mole decorated ground?) they should be able to. 

I want to move the convo a bit away from entitlement, which we are currently at. Yes, sure, many feel cheated that some with alts have two homes, while they wait. That'll go away. But, eventually everyone with a linden home will be forced to move. Surely, no matter what the Lindens and Moles do, many will not be satisfied, and/or will just want a sky place to change clothes. In my opinion, if we want the continent/ground to maintain a sense of community/consistency, we should offer those people some sort of option. It could perhaps even be quicker if the moles were able to just make an option and only allow skyboxes in it. 

I'm fully down for the community experiment: but surely there are those who aren't interested. Give them an option, imo. 

But they didn't pay for this parcel, they got the house for free. Yeah I would understand if you had paid for a parcel on mainland. But you are literally getting a house for free. That to me looks really damn nice, and much better than the old Linden Homes.

• Like 2

Just now, halebore Aeon said:

But they didn't pay for this parcel, they got the house for free. Yeah I would understand if you had paid for a parcel on mainland. But you are literally getting a house for free. That to me looks really damn nice, and much better than the old Linden Homes.

That is my thing though: yes, they have options, but this is Linden controlled. No doubt, many just want it all done for them. We are allowed skyboxes here: ok cool. You should be allowed to have a skybox and a Linden home. But I think if we gave the option: many would say: no I JUST want a skybox, do whatever with the extra prims the house would have given. If a small community committed on that, it would allow the moles much more freedom. 

1 minute ago, stlshayne said:

That is my thing though: yes, they have options, but this is Linden controlled. No doubt, many just want it all done for them. We are allowed skyboxes here: ok cool. You should be allowed to have a skybox and a Linden home. But I think if we gave the option: many would say: no I JUST want a skybox, do whatever with the extra prims the house would have given. If a small community committed on that, it would allow the moles much more freedom. 

I totally understand where you are coming from. But my whole thing, what would be the point in creating a new continent, landscaping it, creating and putting down new houses. If everyone wanted a skybox on their plot. Do you see where I am coming from? There would really be no need for a house or a houseboat or even the new continent. You might as well just use your allotment on mainland. Sure choices are great and all, but again. What would be the point on working on something like this, just to have every premium member to rez a skybox? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, halebore Aeon said:

I totally understand where you are coming from. But my whole thing, what would be the point in creating a new continent, landscaping it, creating and putting down new houses. If everyone wanted a skybox on their plot. Do you see where I am coming from? There would really be no need for a house or a houseboat or even the new continent. You might as well just use your allotment on mainland. Sure choices are great and all, but again. What would be the point on working on something like this, just to have every premium member to rez a skybox? 

I usually hate "both sides" arguments, but in his case, I think it works. 
You offer the argument: what if everyone wanted a skybox? The current experiment has proved that false imo. People have shown that if they have a home plot they will decorate it for the most part. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.