Matty Luminos

Stopping necro-posting

I mean like I can completely agree, but at some level...depending on the type of content within that post whether it be old or not, like a thread of "How does your avatar look today?" for example (which is a thread that's pretty old that still has replies), should and can still be commented on. I still get what you're saying though, to an extent.

On 9/16/2019 at 1:46 PM, Alyona Su said:

Okay, that makes sense. Though Necro is only part of (many) words - and though necromancy may be (very loosely) related, it's hardly intuitive. Philia would make sense as well (as a choice by the meme creator) as it's kind of the same thing in a way, right? That being... umm... "playing" with something dead? LOL I know, I know - I apologize for creating any awkward mental images. I'll stop now before I dig this hole deeper!

I always found it very intuitive... but then again I also have a fond spot for fantasy RPGs. And I wouldn't even say the connection is that loose. There are a lot of similarities between the necro-poster and the necromant.

2 minutes ago, Lureo said:

In the same direction. It there a way to delete our old messages?

No but you can report your own post and ask a mod to remove it.  They will take a look and make a decision

Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

No but you can report your own post and ask a mod to remove it.  They will take a look and make a decisi

I know how to change the content. I still can remove the text but It would be huge work to delete all messages older than 1 month (or 2 or 3 month) one by one. I think RGPD law has something like that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_be_forgotten

1 minute ago, Lureo said:

I know how to change the content. I still can remove the text but It would be huge work to delete all messages older than 1 month (or 2 or 3 month) one by one. I think RGPD law has something like that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_be_forgotten

I think you need to contact support and ask them on that one then

3 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I think you need to contact support and ask them on that one then

I thought managers could read this forum. This question is not for me only it could interess others.

3 hours ago, Lureo said:

A forum post is not "negative private information" that needs to be removed for your protection.. If you posted it yourself, you are to blame. If someone else posted RL info that should have been reported immediately. If someone posted a negative thing about your av... That isnt a real person. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lureo said:

I still can remove the text

if right not after 24 hours.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lureo said:

I thought managers could read this forum. This question is not for me only it could interess others.

"Managers"? Do you mean moderators? They don't read every post/thread, probably only those that are reported or that "blow up" (get a lot of posts fast).

I hope moderator and forum developpers read particulary this section of the forum concerning the forum.  And if what we write is not deletable  I think there is law in our world and they must conform to it. What I write is my data. If I want I should be able to delete it. What ever the content. without reason.

53 minutes ago, Lureo said:

I hope moderator and forum developpers read particulary this section of the forum concerning the forum.  And if what we write is not deletable  I think there is law in our world and they must conform to it. What I write is my data. If I want I should be able to delete it. What ever the content. without reason.

your forumposts are for users not tracable to a RL person, only LL can, and they have a privacy statement that protects your data.
You post here under you avatar name, not your own.
If you think you did write things that could have effect on the image people build from your texts... think twice before you post.

Don't forget.. what you put on the internet is nearly impossible to delete, it will be saved at several caches, and saved for years for who knows how to find it.

• Like 1