Stopping necro-posting

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I mean like I can completely agree, but at some level...depending on the type of content within that post whether it be old or not, like a thread of "How does your avatar look today?" for example (which is a thread that's pretty old that still has replies), should and can still be commented on. I still get what you're saying though, to an extent.

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2019 at 1:46 PM, Alyona Su said:

Okay, that makes sense. Though Necro is only part of (many) words - and though necromancy may be (very loosely) related, it's hardly intuitive. Philia would make sense as well (as a choice by the meme creator) as it's kind of the same thing in a way, right? That being... umm... "playing" with something dead? LOL I know, I know - I apologize for creating any awkward mental images. I'll stop now before I dig this hole deeper!

I always found it very intuitive... but then again I also have a fond spot for fantasy RPGs. And I wouldn't even say the connection is that loose. There are a lot of similarities between the necro-poster and the necromant.

• 1 month later...
Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

No but you can report your own post and ask a mod to remove it.  They will take a look and make a decisi

I know how to change the content. I still can remove the text but It would be huge work to delete all messages older than 1 month (or 2 or 3 month) one by one. I think RGPD law has something like that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_be_forgotten

1 minute ago, Lureo said:

I know how to change the content. I still can remove the text but It would be huge work to delete all messages older than 1 month (or 2 or 3 month) one by one. I think RGPD law has something like that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_be_forgotten

I think you need to contact support and ask them on that one then

3 hours ago, Lureo said:

A forum post is not "negative private information" that needs to be removed for your protection.. If you posted it yourself, you are to blame. If someone else posted RL info that should have been reported immediately. If someone posted a negative thing about your av... That isnt a real person. 

• Like 3

I hope moderator and forum developpers read particulary this section of the forum concerning the forum.  And if what we write is not deletable  I think there is law in our world and they must conform to it. What I write is my data. If I want I should be able to delete it. What ever the content. without reason.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Lureo said:

I hope moderator and forum developpers read particulary this section of the forum concerning the forum.  And if what we write is not deletable  I think there is law in our world and they must conform to it. What I write is my data. If I want I should be able to delete it. What ever the content. without reason.

your forumposts are for users not tracable to a RL person, only LL can, and they have a privacy statement that protects your data.
You post here under you avatar name, not your own.
If you think you did write things that could have effect on the image people build from your texts... think twice before you post.

Don't forget.. what you put on the internet is nearly impossible to delete, it will be saved at several caches, and saved for years for who knows how to find it.

• Like 3

On 12/11/2019 at 7:59 AM, Lureo said:

GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) only covers personal data that identifies a real living individual. Your real name, address, date of birth etc.  Anonymous data (that can't be linked to your real identity) doesn't count, neither does data concerning an avatar.

You can cancel your SL account and ask Linden Lab to erase all personal data they have on you (information you provided when you signed up, any banking/paypal details you linked to your account, any data you provided to verify your identity for cashing-out, etc). You would have to cancel your account first, because this data is necessary for them to continue administering your account if you want to continue using SL.

They would not delete your forum posts though, because they don't contain any of your RL protected data. This is why posting personal RL details, about yourself or anyone else, is against the rules.

ETA: I'm waiting for someone to necro this thread in 2024 😂

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Nendolt said:

It's hard to avoid necro posting when someone new comes to SL forums and find interesing posts from some years ago... Yeah locking the posts should be the fix

At what age, exactly, should a thread become locked? Many will say that's not old enough, others will say that's not young enough. I say deal with it and move on. If you are annoyed by necro-posts - then you'll just have to forever be annoyed. ~snorts~

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

If you get annoyed by necro posts, you seriously need to get over yourself and learn to just deal with it, these forums are not here just for your enjoyment and do not have to function how you want to keep you happy.

if you dont like it then dont read the forums anymore, stop thinking your views or desires about how the forum should work is any more important than anyone else, they are not and never was or will be. tough luck, grow up stop acting like an entitlement minded little child upset that something is not going your way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.