What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

If only what followed the “Hey girl...” was that articulate.

This is why we have to script it ourselves, in memes.

There's a thought! Suppose we compose notecards, with the come-on lines laid out in advance for interested players?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

LOL "fun-sized, guff-tongued, pirouetting waif-boy" . . .

The Sexy™. Coming soon to a subscription service near you.

I'm seriously not sure I even know what "sexy" means anymore. And SL isn't helping.

Replace sexy with [unbridled] lust and I think you'll get it.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is why we have to script it ourselves, in memes.

There's a thought! Suppose we compose notecards, with the come-on lines laid out in advance for interested players?

I wouldn’t be surprised if that made the rounds like that canned stri...err exotic dancer emote notecard.

We could include it in the Niramyth Dom Daddy bundle.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, usedcars said:

being lied to by an sl gf or partner about their activities in sl

Since most of the relationships I have been are open relationships and I am accepting of most things/kinks my partner/gf likes,  telling lies to me about activities is bordering on stupidity

Edited by usedcars
Stupid autocorrect
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Gotta be honest, if someone opens on my ugly '09 looking avatar with that, I'm going to think they're either desperate or stupid.

It's all about positive avatar body image!

And the ones who hit on the noobs as they come through the starting gate seem to have no hang ups in that regard.

Just another typical chat today.  Starts off well, very good flow.....then sends me a tp.. I turn him down and make the mistake again, of trying to explain to a moron why this approach is doomed.

He gets snarky so "goodbye"........and crickets.

I do get sick of this ego driven entitlement. Rant over.

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's all about positive avatar body image!

And the ones who hit on the noobs as they come through the starting gate seem to have no hang ups in that regard.

Those guys are extra desperate with a double shot of stupid. All LZ pouncers are. Insincere d-bags who give the same line to everyone just... I hate those guys. They deserve whatever they get.

Edited by Lyssa Greymoon

7 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Those guys are extra desperate with a double shot of stupid. All LZ pouncers are. Insincere d-bags who give the same line to everyone just... I hate those guys. They deserve whatever they get.

Oh that does take me back to my first few weeks, and the pushy arrogant bullying messages I got almost every day.....including the RL photos........ :(

Its like a rite of passage and I guess it still goes on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Oh that does take me back to my first few weeks, and the pushy arrogant bullying messages I got almost every day.....including the RL photos........ :(

I had a number of people inform me that because I wouldn't voice for them, I was clearly a man. Someone's made a comment along those lines in another thread I'm ignoring...it's not directed at me personally but I'm included in the target of his error-ridden ire. I'm actually very happy to voice for good people, have even sung on occasion. But for the same reason I didn't put out a nice nesty box of picnic food when I had an ant infestation, I don't voice for entitled c**kwombles.

It doesn't really bother me if they decide I am a man. At this particular time of the month, I wish they were right. 

• Like 9

18 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Just another typical chat today.  Starts off well, very good flow.....then sends me a tp.. I turn him down and make the mistake again, of trying to explain to a moron why this approach is doomed.

He gets snarky so "goodbye"........and crickets.

I do get sick of this ego driven entitlement. Rant over.

This must work for some guys often enough that they keep doing it.  I don'y get it one bit.

18 hours ago, Donna Underall said:

This must work for some guys often enough that they keep doing it.  I don'y get it one bit.

Those guys tend not to care about success rate, nor are they particularly picky; so they'll rattle off a quick line/tp to anyone that appears to have the right number of arms, legs and breasts, expecting the vast majority to be shot down or ignored, but are happy because they'll get their one success. Which sucks for the 99% of us that have to endure this nonsense.

• Like 2

My latest pet peeve is the very low amount of gender-neutral clothing and skins. Whether it's masculine stuff for female bodies, or feminine stuff for male bodies; being gender-neutral or androgynous is SL in Hard mode.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Those guys tend not to care about success rate, nor are they particularly picky; so they'll rattle off a quick line/tp to anyone that appears to have the right number of arms, legs and breasts, expecting the vast majority to be shot down or ignored, but are happy because they'll get their one success. Which sucks for the 99% of us that have to endure this nonsense.

They don't even count limbs and breasts. Trust me. I've had them. (says the guy with three limbs and no breasts) 😁

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

My latest pet peeve is the very low amount of gender-neutral clothing and skins. Whether it's masculine stuff for female bodies, or feminine stuff for male bodies; being gender-neutral or androgynous is SL in Hard mode.

I think the biggest hurdle are the bodies themselves. They sort of set you up into a gender box. Who ever figures it out will be rich!

That being said, I know someone that wears a Maitreya body (sometime a v-tech)with a male head and absolutely makes it work! I mean he’s gorgeous too!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I think the biggest hurdle are the bodies themselves. They sort of set you up into a gender box. Who ever figures it out will be rich!

That being said, I know someone that wears a Maitreya body (sometime a v-tech)with a male head and absolutely makes it work! I mean he’s gorgeous too!

I am using Maitreya with V-tech but I couldn't get a male head to work with it, the neck size is way different. But I did find a less-feminine female head similar to my previous male one, that works well with my male skin.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I am using Maitreya with V-tech but I couldn't get a male head to work with it, the neck size is way different. But I did find a less-feminine female head similar to my previous male one, that works well with my male skin.

Catwa has a few male/female heads too! Those  would work with a Maitreya. You might be able to work with one of those.

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

I've never seen you in full, but I've always thought your profile pic was beautiful. 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.