What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

That is what I was getting at, having that choice to choose Item A, which is cheaper and just as good as Item B which is more expensive.

Well quality in SL is in the eye of the beholder. If a not well known designer makes a skirt, they might find it just as lovely and valuable as one from Blueberry, and therefor sells it for the same price. They probably spend more time in crafting too, and they pay the same for land rent, or event participations as the other brands. So why would they sell for less.

It's not like in real life quality that an expensive pants last longer than a cheap one. It's all just pixels.

There's still a lot of cheaper brands though out there, just have to search a bit harder to find them. There's also shops that sell for the same price (like for example 250,-) but they sell every product as fatpack. There's also brands who want to be more exclusive and sell for really expensive. Some are awesome in design, others I find questionable, but others might like them. The mainstream prices maybe somewhat on same level, but that's not really weird I think, and as long as they sell, there's no motivation to lower the prices.

9 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

An ex partner if mine would do this too. I would literally check the SL site to see if he was online before I would log in, but it wouldn't be even 2 minutes later he would log in too, and it would happen every. Single. Time no matter when i logged in, I always imagined him just sitting there and spam clicking refresh till I popped online because I couldn't, and still can't figure out how else he woulda done it

I had this too.  I would check the site to see if he was there and then have to decide how badly I wanted to go in.  I hated hit.  resented it like crazy.  And made me madder and madder every time.

One of my favortie brands/stores just did the unthinkable: Making the colour black (which they _always_ features for any outfit they offered) a fatpack exclusive. Just...wow. Its so annoying when creators put black/white behind an extra paywall.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Syo Emerald said:

One of my favortie brands/stores just did the unthinkable: Making the colour black (which they _always_ features for any outfit they offered) a fatpack exclusive. Just...wow. Its so annoying when creators put black/white behind an extra paywall.

A few places do that now, here is the thing. Who is gonna want to pay 1299, the average for a fatpack, for just one or two of their favourite colours? It absolutely makes no sense to me. Why don't they offer all the colours, graphics, designs and others individually? So people aren't having to pay high freakin prices for just one item, because you have to get it in a fatpack.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

OMG that sucks! That would kill me because literally the only three colors I wear are purple, red, and black. .. and sometimes White, but it's primarily black, so it won't my favorite store started making it a fat pack exclusive color oh, I will probably just Rage Quit and never log back in LMAO

48 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

I stop buying from creators that do things like that. Basic colors are the least they can provide as separates. If I really don’t need 12 different colors for a top or bottom or even an outfit and the color that I want isn’t available, guess what I’m not doing?

I ain’t buying it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

Someone just lost a bunch of customers. Including me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

19 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I stop buying from creators that do things like that. Basic colors are the least they can provide as separates. If I really don’t need 12 different colors for a top or bottom or even an outfit and the color that I want isn’t available, guess what I’m not doing?

I ain’t buying it.

This. I would stop buying from them and see it as an opportunity for "new creator discovery" shopping.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, janetosilio said:

I ain’t buying it.

I've seen that happen too. I even asked creator about that real nicely and all she did was kick me from their group and banned me from their parcel.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

There are a couple of creators that now create mini color packs - and only mini color packs, no singles - and then put the black in a different package than the white, and the red in a totally different pack.  A couple of those will let you buy the fatpack for slightly less than all of the mini packs, but that is no real help if you only want a single color out of each mini.

Needless to say --- I don't shop at those places anymore.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I've seen that happen too. I even asked creator about that real nicely and all she did was kick me from their group and banned me from their parcel.

You’d think the goal would be to maximize sales. The original point of a fat pack was to give a discount for buying all the items.

Now it’s just sadness and an obvious squeeze. 

• Like 3

I tend to go for white, black, red, pink and yellow/gold. Very occasionally green. Fatpacks always have blues, greens, greys, beiges that I would never use, so I tend to go single colours. Very occasionally I've bought 4 singles if the dress was awesome.

Fatpacks seem to be getting more expensive, and these slot machine things are so annoying..........so annoying. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Call up an alt....... and enjoy stealth SL.

I'd do that but I'm not buying all my favorites again and SL shouldn't be like that to begin with. That stalking and harassment is not acceptable anywhere even in indie multiplayer games I play, but in SL for some crazy reason, it is. The person who does it to me never stops and if i log on at an obscure hour they never are  in SL, they suddenly log in and immediately message me. It's really about time the lindens stop that nonsense. I'm not making an alt and throwing away money (and I specifically play for clothes, houses, decorating etc) because LL has extremely outdated policies on harassment. Besides if I do that the person bothering me wins and I lose because I had to give up a lot of things because that person won't leave me alone. 

1 hour ago, BloodDoll Lulu said:

I'd do that but I'm not buying all my favorites again and SL shouldn't be like that to begin with. That stalking and harassment is not acceptable anywhere even in indie multiplayer games I play, but in SL for some crazy reason, it is. The person who does it to me never stops and if i log on at an obscure hour they never are  in SL, they suddenly log in and immediately message me. It's really about time the lindens stop that nonsense. I'm not making an alt and throwing away money (and I specifically play for clothes, houses, decorating etc) because LL has extremely outdated policies on harassment. Besides if I do that the person bothering me wins and I lose because I had to give up a lot of things because that person won't leave me alone. 

Im not trying to sound rude or condescending but if said person is that much of a bother to you, why not delete and block them? I mean if they make you dread logging in/ keep you from logging in then I'd personally see it as time to cut them out of my life, especially if I've told them numerous times to not message me as soon as I login and they do it anyway out of spite.

After all, Second Life is supposed to be a fun, (mostly but not always) drama free escape and if something or someone is stopping it from being that, then it's time to fix it

Oh I have deleted and blocked them 100s of times. This person has made 100s of accounts and they probably are tracking me via the uuid. I probably should have said that before. They not only track me but my friends and the times they log in.  They message on new accounts, numerous within minutes and I block and eventually they give up but then track me anyway on a new one, they even did track an alt once though it was for holding gacha stuff and not a name anyone would have known and at the time they tracked it, it was in a private sim alone. There's a lot of stuff they do out of SL too I just don't want to go into all of that.

There is no fix for this person. I've sent harassment tickets to LL for every alt they made to contact me. This has been happening for a LONG time. I started SL as a teen and now i'm late 20s and pretty much that entirety they've not gone away, I've blocked countless alts.  The sheer amount of alts I've blocked of theirs is more tiresome than a mmorpg grind in a free to play game.

Edited by BloodDoll Lulu
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BloodDoll Lulu said:

There is no fix for this person. I've sent harassment tickets to LL for every alt they made to contact me. This has been happening for a LONG time. I started SL as a teen and now i'm late 20s and pretty much that entirety they've not gone away, I've blocked countless alts.  The sheer amount of alts I've blocked of theirs is more tiresome than a mmorpg grind in a free to play game.

Do it to him. Find some of the most excruciatingly unpleasant things in SL and every time he contacts you instantly teleport him straight into one. Terrible karaoke, wiredo poetry slams, furry orgies, hang around the vilest voice enables infohubs, wander aimlessly around the cornfield for hours talking nonsense about anything. Make his Second Life a living hell.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Do it to him. Find some of the most excruciatingly unpleasant things in SL and every time he contacts you instantly teleport him straight into one. Terrible karaoke, wiredo poetry slams, furry orgies, hang around the vilest voice enables infohubs, wander aimlessly around the cornfield for hours talking nonsense about anything. Make his Second Life a living hell.

I love you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

This won't work worth a damn for anyone I decide to harass.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, BloodDoll Lulu said:

Oh I have deleted and blocked them 100s of times. This person has made 100s of accounts and they probably are tracking me via the uuid. I probably should have said that before. They not only track me but my friends and the times they log in.  They message on new accounts, numerous within minutes and I block and eventually they give up but then track me anyway on a new one, they even did track an alt once though it was for holding gacha stuff and not a name anyone would have known and at the time they tracked it, it was in a private sim alone. There's a lot of stuff they do out of SL too I just don't want to go into all of that.

Online stalking is as illegal as RL stalking. It's past time to involve law enforcement.

23 minutes ago, Minx Kurosawa said:

Paying for demos. Is a petpeeve.

Most say its to avoid c-bots (you get what I mean)

I don't understand why customers have to suffer because of what c-bots do.

Yea I know it's just one 1L omg..lmao etc etc.

But I've seen some that were 3L.. for a demo...

I've seen 10L and up. Needless to say I don't do business with any of them. I don't pay for demos. Frankly, anyone that does should have their head examined, as my grandmother would say. I see it as money wasted that could have been used for better things. Like a donation to RFL.

If we are gonna talk about demos. Why don't we talk about the gifts that are anywhere between 1 and 10L. Like to me it seems they smooshed in dollarbies with gifts and bam the new gift emerged. By the actual defintion

Gift: a thing given willingly to someone without payment; a present.

So why are we making a payment for a gift? That is not a gift anymore, that is literally a heavily discounted item. Like I don't know who else finds this annoying, and misleading, but I sure do. Like you walk into a store, and there is a big sign that says gift. Hoping it will be 0L, you come to realize that when you pay for said gift. Which why they need to put it in a vendor box, is beyond me. You happen to see the price tag, 10L. It just feels like a money making scheme to me.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.