What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

41 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Caesar ad sum iam forte

Brutus et dederat,

Caesar sic in omnibus

Brutus sic in at.

Bravo! Magnifico! Glorioso!

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif.6cb8e425190e2dcd52bca6723ea6d9f0.gif

Caesar might have, perhaps, I am now,

Brutus and given;

Caesar was thus in all the

White is in at.

They'll never see it coming and never know what hit them.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Caesar might have, perhaps, I am now,

Brutus and given;

Caesar was thus in all the

White is in at.

It's not supposed to make sense in translation. It's just a collection of Latin words that, when read out, read a funny poem in English. Forte is pronounced "fortee" (like "forty" but with the stress on the second syllable).

• Like 1

Just now, Amina Sopwith said:

It's not supposed to make sense in translation.

That's the whole point.

It's just a collection of Latin words that, when read out, read a funny poem in English. Forte is pronounced "fortee" (like "forty" but with the stress on the second syllable).

And according to the Catholic priest that taught Latin at my high school it's pronounced fore-tay. He was not happy when one of the best Latin students he'd had in along time switched back to Art at midterm. At least, according to him I was.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

It's not supposed to make sense in translation. It's just a collection of Latin words that, when read out, read a funny poem in English.

With some imaginative poetic license, though, you can almost make it say something:

"Perhaps I was Caesar and am now Brutus.  Caesar is in everything. In this way, so also is Brutus."  

It's all deeply philosophical, in the way that Abbey Road is deeply philosophical if you play it backwards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Caesar ad sum iam forte

Brutus et dederat,

Caesar sic in omnibus

Brutus sic in at.

Caesar answered a dating add from a forty year old female mathematician.
Brutus (out of jealousy, with the intent to ruin the first date) ate Caesar's deodorant.
Caesar, while going to see his potential sweetie on the bus, got sick.
Brutus also got sick, presumably from eating the deodorant.

You just can't make this stuff up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

From today, after the usual preamble.....like where you from.....how old are you?

Him: Want a tp?

Me: No thankyou

Him: Want some Lindens?

Him: You don't want L$5,000?

Him: Its not for sex

Me: I don't accept money on principle

Him: Stay poor then

Me: I'm not poor

"Crickets"

• Haha 5

"Hey we're running a photo contest to promote our new sim with cash prizes! But the sim is group only for rezzing stuff, and the group is private, can't join it I'm afraid."

My brain is not powerful enough to understand this thought process.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/6/2019 at 3:59 PM, BelindaN said:

From today, after the usual preamble.....like where you from.....how old are you?

Him: Want a tp?

Him: Want some Lindens?

Him: You don't want L$5,000?

Him: Its not for sex

Me: I don't accept money on principle

Him: Stay poor then

Me: I'm not poor

"Crickets"

You coulda sent him my way, home girl could always go for a shopping spree 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/3/2019 at 8:01 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

Caesar answered a dating add from a forty year old female mathematician.
Brutus (out of jealousy, with the intent to ruin the first date) ate Caesar's deodorant.
Caesar, while going to see his potential sweetie on the bus, got sick.
Brutus also got sick, presumably from eating the deodorant.

You just can't make this stuff up.

I am still laughing about this, doesn't matter how many times I read it. Pure gold! 🤣👍

Though I fear in future generations it will all be all abbreviations and emojis (also fun to misinterpret).

OH! I forgot to complain which is what I came here for! (naturally but now it feels like a moot point)

Two things annoyed me tonight. Just two! Shocking as that is I could probably come up with more if I really thought about it. And in a weird way almost related but not quite.

Gripe 1) When talking to someone in IMs and they just log. No goodbye, no nothing. I want to think it's net failure or something in RL came up. But when it happens a few times I'm starting to wonder how one-sided this friendship (yes the person is a friend) really is.

Gripe 2) Similiar to @BelindaN's experience. I was at a popular clothing store for a sale tonight and a guy was standing on the steps. Nothing in his profile pics except adverts to earn money in SL, all 3 picks being exactly the same. He IM's me with small talk. Separate lines. Quick fire.

hi

how r you?

where u from?

After I close the window and ignore him and TP away I get another IM a few minutes later.

?

I replied with "You're not one for reading much are you?" and closed the window again. Didn't hear from him again.

The info is in my profile. The Hi and How r you just annoyed me. I wanted to smack him with a dictionary. Still do.

😒

Edited by RaeLeeH
To complain!
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

"Hey we're running a photo contest to promote our new sim with cash prizes! But the sim is group only for rezzing stuff, and the group is private, can't join it I'm afraid."

A bit like charging L$400 to join a sim group.

8 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Oh my god, that drives me bonkers too. Like if you are gonna make a public post about a photo contest on a sim where you need a group to rez, than make the group public numbnuts.

12 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Only L$400? Cheap at half the price! Some of them are charging L$1000 - and I say pfft to that. 

And the ridiculous amounts you have to pay to get into a group. I think one group I have seen is literally 2500L to join, and you have to be in that group to have access. So then it feels like an elitist snob sim, where you want nothing to do with.

2 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Send me a picture of your butt.

I said that once to my Dom, just to see what would happen (I was very new to it all and learning how it worked.) He told me to hang on while he set up his wide angle lens, then sent me a pic of one of those ape bums that go all brightly coloured when they're in heat or whatever. 

I paid for it in the end, of course, but God it was worth it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I said that once to my Dom, just to see what would happen (I was very new to it all and learning how it worked.) He told me to hang on while he set up his wide angle lens, then sent me a pic of one of those ape bums that go all brightly coloured when they're in heat or whatever. 

I paid for it in the end, of course, but God it was worth it.

You should have then said, "No....not your face"

• Haha 5

On 8/11/2019 at 7:06 AM, BelindaN said:

Just today at the beach.

Guy with unpronouncable name tps in.

Sends me a friend request.

Waits....... fat chance of me responding to that anyway on two levels

And......he's gone   poooof!

Ahhh - the ol' Dodge the Dixels Game (strange, obnoxious, presumptuous little pixel dudes) ;)

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2019 at 11:36 PM, BelindaN said:

Just today at the beach.

Guy with unpronouncable name tps in.

Sends me a friend request.

Waits....... fat chance of me responding to that anyway on two levels

And......he's gone   poooof!

Sorry, I'll stop bugging you on my male alt...

• Haha 4

Several things I can think of.. Weirdest being avis/ people you don't know verbally or physically harming you or another avi they don't know. And then there are people who just don't get the point of SL and bother regular SL people, don't know if its trolling or griefing, but its weird and needs to stop.  If you don't like SL, there are other places on the web to go to...There are other things too, but those are the worst two I can think of..

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.