What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

If we are gonna talk about demos. Why don't we talk about the gifts that are anywhere between 1 and 10L. Like to me it seems they smooshed in dollarbies with gifts and bam the new gift emerged. By the actual defintion

Gift: a thing given willingly to someone without payment; a present.

So why are we making a payment for a gift? That is not a gift anymore, that is literally a heavily discounted item. Like I don't know who else finds this annoying, and misleading, but I sure do. Like you walk into a store, and there is a big sign that says gift. Hoping it will be 0L, you come to realize that when you pay for said gift. Which why they need to put it in a vendor box, is beyond me. You happen to see the price tag, 10L. It just feels like a money making scheme to me.

That has irked me since it began.  When this first started happening, I established a personal policy that if they don't show me a picture, there's no chance of me buying it.  A few events over the last couple of months have started re-worded their advertising and now refer to them as 'cheapies' or 'dollarbies' and such.  I still won't pay for it without a picture, but at least the advertising is more accurate.

7 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Online stalking is as illegal as RL stalking. It's past time to involve law enforcement.

Well I did report this to the police in 2017 and got an investigator (they contacted linden labs who did nothing over the course of 10 months or so) and they told me who it was and what state they live in and I know everything about them now, more than they'd ever know about me but I don't really know what to do with that. They continue to bother me and I'm kind of scared for various reasons at this point to do anything but ignore them which doesn't seem to help. I'm not sure how to proceed with it. I pretty much gave up logging into sl anymore other than for 5 minutes at obscure hours.  This person also stalked me intensely on flickr with mere text. No one cared about anything he said but it stopped me from using and enjoying that too.  I just feel like I can't go into sl without being monitored or do anything online with any known nicknames I go by. It's upsetting.

Edited by BloodDoll Lulu

9 minutes ago, BloodDoll Lulu said:

Well I did report this to the police in 2017 and got an investigator (they contacted linden labs who did nothing over the course of 10 months or so) and they told me who it was and what state they live in and I know everything about them now, more than they'd ever know about me but I don't really know what to do with that. They continue to bother me and I'm kind of scared for various reasons at this point to do anything but ignore them which doesn't seem to help. I'm not sure how to proceed with it. I pretty much gave up logging into sl anymore other than for 5 minutes at obscure hours.  This person also stalked me intensely on flickr with mere text. No one cared about anything he said but it stopped me from using and enjoying that too.  I just feel like I can't go into sl without being monitored or do anything online with any known nicknames I go by. It's upsetting.

Contact law enforcement in his area and send them a copy of all of the info you have, Police reports, everything. HIs next victim may not be so far away and in more danger.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Contact law enforcement in his area and send them a copy of all of the info you have, Police reports, everything. HIs next victim may not be so far away and in more danger.

I thought about doing that but in the end for my specific situation I don't think they'll take his computer away from him. He'll still come in SL. I don't think he stalks anyone but me and I saw his entire police record, he really puts a lot of hours into it. His whole life it seems is lived online. I guess I could do it Monday. This isn't a new issue it's a long time running problem, I think an 8 year one now that is so exhausting because of the amount of effort I put into trying to get anyone to help and listen. This even extended outside of SL into other games. I'm pretty sure he had a spy on my Steam account (Steam did hard ban him from friending me according to them because he made threats to end his own life if I didn't talk to him) but I deleted all those people a few years ago. Now I just keep people I know offline on my list. Just thinking about this again is bad. It started out as a pet peeve on here and now I'm thinking about it again and It really does affect me barely going in SL these days.

Edited by BloodDoll Lulu

5 minutes ago, BloodDoll Lulu said:

I thought about doing that but in the end for my specific situation I don't think they'll take his computer away from him. He'll still come in SL. I don't think he stalks anyone but me and I saw his entire police record, he really puts a lot of hours into it. His whole life it seems is lived online. I guess I could do it Monday. This isn't a new issue it's a long i think 8 year one that is so exhausting because of the amount of effort I put into trying to get anyone to help and listen. This even extended outside of SL into other games. I'm pretty sure he had a spy on my Steam account (Steam did hard ban him from friending me according to them because he made threats to end his own life if I didn't talk to him) but I deleted all those people a few years ago and just keep people I know offline on my list now and he hasn't found me in any new games. Just thinking about this again is bad. It started out as a pet peeve on here and now I'm thinking about it again and It really does affect me barely going in SL these days.

I'm not trying to scare you or make you relive unpleasant things but you have got to take control. The potential for harm is very real and you are not the only one who is at risk. If you won't do it for yourself, please, consider the lives of other possible victims. He needs help and if he won't get it he needs to be stopped. No question of that.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, usedcars said:

being lied to by an sl gf or partner about their activities in sl

Yep, that ***** hurts. A person i was in a relationship with a few years ago lied to me constantly, made up excuses ti unpartner me, he was one of my first SL relationships and back then I didn't know any better when it came to partnerships so when he would tell me that he needed to unpartner me to save L$ because it charged him a weekly fee I believed him, he also tried getting with every one of my female friends, told them that we had broke up when we hadn't, that whole relationship was a ***** show lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ryan? Is that you???

1812604318_FeministGosling-Blank.jpg.40c4fd21cd5477b4f9d4b6988ef9fefb.jpg

It's old, but I think you would like this article by Charlie Brooker (all hail) giving his views on Justin Timberlake's claim to have brought sexy back.

"I mean Jesus Christ, Timberlake: sexy isn't something you can withdraw from the market then subsequently revive, like Texan bars or Prime Suspect. No. It's an amorphous concept which means different things to different people. There's no regulatory body monitoring its supply, Opec-style - and even if there was, no one would put you in charge of it anyway, you snide, self-satisfied, stinkarsed, jigging little stoat."

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2006/sep/15/tvandradio.charliebrooker 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, JennCrossSL said:

I’d have to go “One Degree of Ryan Gosling” to his BR2049 co-star.....

This would be the “Hey Girl” to end all Hey Girls.... 🙂

Ana-De-Armas-In-Blade-Runner-2049-HD-Mob

Indeed!

Too bad she won't live.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
To/Too. GOD DAMNIT WHERE'S THAT COFFEE?
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

It's old, but I think you would like this article by Charlie Brooker (all hail) giving his views on Justin Timberlake's claim to have brought sexy back.

"I mean Jesus Christ, Timberlake: sexy isn't something you can withdraw from the market then subsequently revive, like Texan bars or Prime Suspect. No. It's an amorphous concept which means different things to different people. There's no regulatory body monitoring its supply, Opec-style - and even if there was, no one would put you in charge of it anyway, you snide, self-satisfied, stinkarsed, jigging little stoat."

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2006/sep/15/tvandradio.charliebrooker 

LOL "fun-sized, guff-tongued, pirouetting waif-boy" . . .

The Sexy™. Coming soon to a subscription service near you.

I'm seriously not sure I even know what "sexy" means anymore. And SL isn't helping.

• Like 3

On 8/17/2019 at 8:23 PM, BloodDoll Lulu said:

I thought about doing that but in the end for my specific situation I don't think they'll take his computer away from him. He'll still come in SL. I don't think he stalks anyone but me and I saw his entire police record, he really puts a lot of hours into it. His whole life it seems is lived online. I guess I could do it Monday. This isn't a new issue it's a long time running problem, I think an 8 year one now that is so exhausting because of the amount of effort I put into trying to get anyone to help and listen. This even extended outside of SL into other games. I'm pretty sure he had a spy on my Steam account (Steam did hard ban him from friending me according to them because he made threats to end his own life if I didn't talk to him) but I deleted all those people a few years ago. Now I just keep people I know offline on my list. Just thinking about this again is bad. It started out as a pet peeve on here and now I'm thinking about it again and It really does affect me barely going in SL these days.

Thats the reason why some people have alts and not usually the same group of friends

Edited by usedcars
Typo

Just now, Amina Sopwith said:

As Charlie says, it's an amorphous concept that means different things to different people. 

Oh absolutely. In real terms, of course: looking around, it's entirely, mind-numbingly, depressingly obvious to me that the world (real and virtual) is just jam-packed with people who don't share my notion of what constitutes sexy -- whatever that is.

But The Sexy™ -- that's a different thing. It's Photoshopped, marketed, boxed, and available through 24 hour delivery from Amazon. It's stamped into MP ads, and it's been tried, tested, and perfected by mesh body, head, hair, and clothing creators. I am awash with it when I go to SL clubs to dance.

And it tastes like processed cheese.

• Like 4

I'm seriously not sure I even know what "sexy" means anymore. And SL isn't helping.

Nor is Jamie Oliver ...

Edited by Orwar
You'll never know! ";..;"
  • Haha 1

But The Sexy™ -- that's a different thing. It's Photoshopped, marketed, boxed, and available through 24 hour delivery from Amazon. It's stamped into MP ads, and it's been tried, tested, and perfected by mesh body, head, hair, and clothing creators. I am awash with it when I go to SL clubs to dance.

And it tastes like processed cheese.

I like cheese, so this is good, right?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.