What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, janetosilio said:

Catwa has a few male/female heads too! Those  would work with a Maitreya. You might be able to work with one of those.

I have looked at those but they are more suited to people wanting a feminine face with a male (ie. Signature, etc) body. I am aiming for a more masculine face on a female (Maitreya) body. And Catwa isn't doing that (yet). But maybe they will one day.

• Like 1

People, usually men, who get pissy with you when you reject them. This happens in RP a lot, two nights ago I was in an RP with someone who was absolutely horrible at it, posted a bunch of single liners, barely gave me time to type and respond to his "emotes". I tried to continue it for about 30 minutes, but it began to feel more like work than play so I told him " To be frank, I'm not enjoying this RP so I'm gonna TP out", he wasn't either so I thought all was good, After I get off the TP screen I see I have a couple new IM's from this guy, saying a few things that are just too vulgar for me to reiterate, saying " I needed more action in my life" ( I'm paraphrasing here) and called me a *****....then proceeded to justify disrespecting me as since that was the sims theme so it was okay.....Keep in mind that A. I had already TPed out before I got those messages so I wasn't on the sim and B. IM's are always....ALWAYS OOC ( Out Of Character). This guy clearly didn't know the difference between IC and OOC and even told me he doesn't take anything in SL seriously or real, which again was a poor excuse for disrespecting me

2 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

People, usually men, who get pissy with you when you reject them. This happens in RP a lot, two nights ago I was in an RP with someone who was absolutely horrible at it, posted a bunch of single liners, barely gave me time to type and respond to his "emotes". I tried to continue it for about 30 minutes, but it began to feel more like work than play so I told him " To be frank, I'm not enjoying this RP so I'm gonna TP out", he wasn't either so I thought all was good, After I get off the TP screen I see I have a couple new IM's from this guy, saying a few things that are just too vulgar for me to reiterate, saying " I needed more action in my life" ( I'm paraphrasing here) and called me a *****....then proceeded to justify disrespecting me as since that was the sims theme so it was okay.....Keep in mind that A. I had already TPed out before I got those messages so I wasn't on the sim and B. IM's are always....ALWAYS OOC ( Out Of Character). This guy clearly didn't know the difference between IC and OOC and even told me he doesn't take anything in SL seriously or real, which again was a poor excuse for disrespecting me

An insult is the weak man's imitation of strength.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Also, it's how some guys try to save face for themselves. Some... well a lot, actually, people can't handle frankness. Or bluntness. Or anything not wrapped in cotton.

Ah, well that explains why most of my conversations with new people usually end with me as the newest addition to someones Block List......I'm screwed then because I can't NOT be blunt or frank

RIP me

8 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

Ah, well that explains why most of my conversations with new people usually end with me as the newest addition to someones Block List......I'm screwed then because I can't NOT be blunt or frank

RIP me

I'd see that as a blessing. A bunch of men with skin made of tissue paper have removed you from their lives... sounds like a good thing to me! :P

• Like 5

The way they turn on a dime always amazes me.  You can have good, intelligent chat for ages. Sometimes for several encounters. 

Then suddenly it ramps up into entitlement/expectations/possession, and this is always the kiss of death, after a short final exchange which turns sour and remains sour. I would put that at 98% of my experiences.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

The way they turn on a dime always amazes me.  You can have good, intelligent chat for ages. Sometimes for several encounters. 

Then suddenly it ramps up into entitlement/expectations/possession, and this is always the kiss of death, after a short final exchange which turns sour and remains sour. I would put that at 98% of my experiences.

That's most of my experiences as well. Tell a guy you just don't feel that connection, and he goes off the rail, saying that I'm afraid of commitment, that I'm an emotional wreak, blah blah blah...and finally they unfriend you which in my book is awesome because then I don't have to take the time to mute them. I'm so over this type of person. Just sayin'

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, anniepany said:

That's most of my experiences as well. Tell a guy you just don't feel that connection, and he goes off the rail, saying that I'm afraid of commitment, that I'm an emotional wreak, blah blah blah...and finally they unfriend you which in my book is awesome because then I don't have to take the time to mute them. I'm so over this type of person. Just sayin'

I don't like generalizing people... At all honestly, but the amount of times I've had a guy go and just completely lose their minds when I voice I don't want to spend all my time with them, or have other things I do besides spend time with them is enough to make me hesitant to start a conversation with a guy I don't already know. I mean heck just a couple weeks ago a guy that had absolutely lost their mind because of the two weeks I spent playing and talking to them there are like three days that I simply didn't feel like talking or playing with him, that I have something else going on or simply just didn't feel like hanging out with him and he would absolutely lose. His. Mind! I'm not exaggerating when I say this, he would literally get up all of his feelings and take it very personal if I told him I simply wanted to do something else or just wanted to do my own thing. And this happened almost every single time I said that to him. So when he tried to come back into my life and play it off like nothing happened, any desire I had to ever play or be with him died the third time he went off on me, and I told him as much and I haven't heard from him since

Edited by IvyLarae
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Also, it's how some guys try to save face for themselves. Some... well a lot, actually, people can't handle frankness. Or bluntness. Or anything not wrapped in cotton.

The great irony there is it’s usually people that consider themselves frank or blunt that can’t handle it.

• Like 1

Another peeve --- Finding out when working for a club that the owner would prefer to her favorite DJ in your spot. My man got a PM from a club owner recently about that and although he let it roll off, I told him he should confront her and if she cans him, take it as no loss as there are other places in world he could play at.

• Like 1

Just now.... guy I've seen on and off for a while sends IM. Wants to meet up. I don't have much time left in world, but offer to meet him for a dance.

No reply, he just logs out.

Now that has peed me off. He didn't relog so it wasn't a crash. I think he was after something else.......and I think he needs a recalibration. It ALWAYS goes that way.........

58 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Just now.... guy I've seen on and off for a while sends IM. Wants to meet up. I don't have much time left in world, but offer to meet him for a dance.

No reply, he just logs out.

Now that has peed me off. He didn't relog so it wasn't a crash. I think he was after something else.......and I think he needs a recalibration. It ALWAYS goes that way.........

If it were me, I would be asking myself why do I put up with such behaviour if it happens every time. My answer would be enough is enough. Block, remove, done. If it were me.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

If it were me, I would be asking myself why do I put up with such behaviour if it happens every time. My answer would be enough is enough. Block, remove, done. If it were me.

I know, it makes perfect sense. Thing is, I'm  a social animal, so I encounter lots of avis. And I'm selective believe it or not.  If the initial chat doesn't pass muster that's it.  But it seems that the charming chatterboxes, the one percent, the ones who don't offer a tp home, still conceal that predictable agenda, and none want a loose informal hang out occasionally friendship.

Which is what we have with the Forum Angels.... we chat in world occasionally, we hang out very occasionally. We have fun. That's it. No obligations, no expectations, just informal. 

Not good enough for the vast majority of guys. I'm not really complaining because there's plenty to do anyway without that crap. Tomorrow I might just have a clearout. :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

I don't like generalizing people... At all honestly, but the amount of times I've had a guy go and just completely lose their minds when I voice I don't want to spend all my time with them, or have other things I do besides spend time with them is enough to make me hesitant to start a conversation with a guy I don't already know. I mean heck just a couple weeks ago a guy that had absolutely lost their mind because of the two weeks I spent playing and talking to them there are like three days that I simply didn't feel like talking or playing with him, that I have something else going on or simply just didn't feel like hanging out with him and he would absolutely lose. His. Mind! I'm not exaggerating when I say this, he would literally get up all of his feelings and take it very personal if I told him I simply wanted to do something else or just wanted to do my own thing. And this happened almost every single time I said that to him. So when he tried to come back into my life and play it off like nothing happened, any desire I had to ever play or be with him died the third time he went off on me, and I told him as much and I haven't heard from him since

Totally understand what you're saying. It has kept me from interacting with most guys that I find interesting because of what is in their profile but I hesitate because I think, "what if he totally loses it on me when we don't connect, or IF we connect, and he goes all super possessive on me and doesn't want me to do anything or go anyplace unless he's with me" Believe me I've been on the receiving end of both cases. It makes you not want to talk to anyone, even casually.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I know, it makes perfect sense. Thing is, I'm  a social animal, so I encounter lots of avis. And I'm selective believe it or not.  If the initial chat doesn't pass muster that's it.  But it seems that the charming chatterboxes, the one percent, the ones who don't offer a tp home, still conceal that predictable agenda, and none want a loose informal hang out occasionally friendship.

Which is what we have with the Forum Angels.... we chat in world occasionally, we hang out very occasionally. We have fun. That's it. No obligations, no expectations, just informal. 

Not good enough for the vast majority of guys. I'm not really complaining because there's plenty to do anyway without that crap. Tomorrow I might just have a clearout. :)

I can't disagree with a single thing you have said. Well... except for the Forum Angel part. Never heard of that before. I expect it's by invitation only. Something I'll never get since I'm no angel. lol :D

Edited by Selene Gregoire

2 hours ago, anniepany said:

Totally understand what you're saying. It has kept me from interacting with most guys that I find interesting because of what is in their profile but I hesitate because I think, "what if he totally loses it on me when we don't connect, or IF we connect, and he goes all super possessive on me and doesn't want me to do anything or go anyplace unless he's with me" Believe me I've been on the receiving end of both cases. It makes you not want to talk to anyone, even casually.

And like, I know that SL has become notorious for people that aren't the healthiest mentally, that's just common sense at this point, its called Second Life, so what else would I expect, right? But it just seems like the more people that learn about SL, the crazier its user-base becomes. Back about 9 or so years ago, yeah there were still crazies in SL, but hey were a rare occurrence, I think back when I first joined SL I met maybe...3-10 in the first 4-5 years into Second Life but now they seem to be a weekly thing. Just last night I was at home, updating my head since the Catwa updates were rolling out, and while I was doing that I was chatting in one of a few role-play themed groups I was in. This girl, who hadn't said a word in the group IM's me and asks me the most bizarre stuff  ( well, maybe not so bizarre considering what the group was geared towards, but whatever). She starts talking about what her masters ( Referrring them as " Sirs") does and what she likes doing to other girls. She asks me if I have a master, I told her I didn't but I had a mistress who was also my wife. I don't know if she was homophobic or just doing it to get a rise out of me, she was odd but for some reason, after she mistook what a mistress means, she started calling me a *****, or saying I must be butch in RL with tattoo's and just.....The conversation was odd and I'm sure it ended with me getting blocked ironically. She told me to leave her alone despite her being the one to contact me first and said I was so PC and it was just...laughable because she couldn't even answer any of the questions I asked her

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

And like, I know that SL has become notorious for people that aren't the healthiest mentally, that's just common sense at this point, its called Second Life, so what else would I expect, right? But it just seems like the more people that learn about SL, the crazier its user-base becomes. Back about 9 or so years ago, yeah there were still crazies in SL, but hey were a rare occurrence, I think back when I first joined SL I met maybe...3-10 in the first 4-5 years into Second Life but now they seem to be a weekly thing. Just last night I was at home, updating my head since the Catwa updates were rolling out, and while I was doing that I was chatting in one of a few role-play themed groups I was in. This girl, who hadn't said a word in the group IM's me and asks me the most bizarre stuff  ( well, maybe not so bizarre considering what the group was geared towards, but whatever). She starts talking about what her masters ( Referrring them as " Sirs") does and what she likes doing to other girls. She asks me if I have a master, I told her I didn't but I had a mistress who was also my wife. I don't know if she was homophobic or just doing it to get a rise out of me, she was odd but for some reason, after she mistook what a mistress means, she started calling me a *****, or saying I must be butch in RL with tattoo's and just.....The conversation was odd and I'm sure it ended with me getting blocked ironically. She told me to leave her alone despite her being the one to contact me first and said I was so PC and it was just...laughable because she couldn't even answer any of the questions I asked her

Cheese-N-Rice! I agree I think there are more crazies here then there was when even I joined. I literally cringe when I get an IM from someone I don't know and pray to the gods that it's not going to go south and I have to block them.

14 minutes ago, anniepany said:

Cheese-N-Rice! I agree I think there are more crazies here then there was when even I joined. I literally cringe when I get an IM from someone I don't know and pray to the gods that it's not going to go south and I have to block them.

Me and you both and I hate that I'm like that now because I wanna meet new people and connect with them but I swear its like the SL gods flip a coin every time someone IM's me and I'm sitting there holding my breath and praying it won't go bad lol  (And yes, that was a paraphrased Game Of Thrones Reference, I couldn't resist xD). Its one of the many reasons that SL has just become a glorified chat room for me now because I rarely leave my home sim for anything other than shopping or when I get brave enough or have the mental stamina for it, to RP. Its so bizzare, SL is more popular than its ever been but it feels in some odd way that its somehow shrunk despite the amount of people who continue to join.

Edited by IvyLarae
I forgot to add words xD

5 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

SL is more popular than its ever been 

Is it really? My understanding was that while it's got enough users to sustain itself, the overall numbers have fallen dramatically since, say, 10-12 years ago. 

Happy to be corrected. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I can't disagree with a single thing you have said. Well... except for the Forum Angel part. Never heard of that before. I expect it's by invitation only. Something I'll never get since I'm no angel. lol :D

Forum Angels is the group I set up for the fashionistas Selene......free to join, blah blah, but we don't make enough use of it. The one day when about ten of us were in world, and it would have been perfect for a school photo, I had no time, and time zones play havoc anyway...………..especially when I can't stay on after 12.00SLT.

I always feel I'm missing out when the USA comes out to play...……. 9_9

3 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Forum Angels is the group I set up for the fashionistas Selene......free to join, blah blah, but we don't make enough use of it. The one day when about ten of us were in world, and it would have been perfect for a school photo, I had no time, and time zones play havoc anyway...………..especially when I can't stay on after 12.00SLT.

I always feel I'm missing out when the USA comes out to play...……. 9_9

Is that noon or midnight SLT? Cuz those hours are the ones I'm usually logged in. Noon to midni... ok well no I don't usually stay up that late. I try to shut down between 9 and 10 and leave the late nights for the weekends... when I can manage to stay up late and awake.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.