IvyLarae

What are some of your pet peeves?

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

So is "right master" a thing?

If it's a thing, it's this thing...

ETA: I suppose that's actually a port master, and the right master would be a starboard master. I hate nautical terminology.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

It's a one-liner in LSL: Basically "OnRez - llDie" - LL Die command deletes from the world instantly, does not go into trash, does not pass Go, does not even leave ashes behind. I *HATE* When creators use that. This is the benefit of owning your own place where you can turn OFF scripts (or find a region on Bellisseria and other places where scripts are turned off.)

If creators use it in an actual clothing item, 99% of the time, I would never even notice.  I almost never rez clothing items anyway.  But to put that in a demo and to also not have the demo named such that one definitely knows it is not a box is absolutely ridiculous.  It didn't even have the common wording we see with boxes or delivery huds these days: "wear me".

That one definitely didn't deserve any of my money.

8 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

As opposed to "left master"?

Well......maybe its a localised thing. Had he said a proper master, or a real master, sure, but a right master isn't how we would say it hereabouts.

However we would say "he's a right xxxxx" ...insert any offensive word. Such as snob, dick, rse and so on. It has a derogatory meaning here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Users so bored and spoiling for an argument that they'll take the time to disassemble your responses into out of context quote blocks and then "respond" to that.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Users so bored and spoiling for an argument that they'll take the time to disassemble your responses into out of context quote blocks and then "respond" to that.

I tried to read it, but when I saw that a tavern was involved, it made more sense - your argument was great!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I tried to read it, but when I saw that a tavern was involved, it made more sense - your argument was great!

Thank you!

i am  me  i make  no applogies for who i am.

nice  fun girl aspiring modell im me  for shoots 
 check my  pic for my works  dont be affraid to contact me

i  am not your puppy  dont  calll me  "good  girl"

I've never understood how people can type like this in their profiles. It's not just typos, and it's not just a non-native English speaker (as there is no written language out there that requires you to add in extra spaces every third or so word).

It's like they're writing this in crayon, then eating the crayon, then scanning it in and their scribbles are converted to text. That's the only way I can think of to explain it. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

That's the only way I can think of to explain it. 

Psychotropic drugs were in fashion when I was much younger.  I wonder if this person is still experimenting?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

I've never understood how people can type like this in their profiles. It's not just typos, and it's not just a non-native English speaker (as there is no written language out there that requires you to add in extra spaces every third or so word).

It's like they're writing this in crayon, then eating the crayon, then scanning it in and their scribbles are converted to text. That's the only way I can think of to explain it. 

Though, let's be fair. In this case it is so far off the mark there is obviously (to me) something in the bigger picture we're not seeing. Possible disability of some sort comes to mind. It's when a profile is generally written and there are the odd typos, lack of capital letters, no paragraph breaks and so on the I find to be... Let's just say I shake my head. Slowly. So, yes, I concur with you generally on the subject.

Haven't read the previous 66 pages to see whether this has been covered but:

Stark white, clinical-looking in-world stores with transparent floors and/or/including white mist effects. They seem to have become a 'thing'. 

Loathe. Them. With. A. Passion. Makes me physically nauseous.

• Like 1

Creators that send out a sale LM that drops you - and all 10,000 of your not-so-close friends -- right in front of the vendor, in a somewhat tight area that makes it difficult for everyone to stop standing on each other.

• Like 4

Creators that give you every bit of ivy you need to cover walls with but nothing to go along the top of the wall. 

I want this:

FAFH7J.thumb.jpg.9f10680f31702ecbca6be54b5f960c6e.jpg

NOT THIS!

1807-wroxton-01.jpg

cloud.gif.29dbcd6af2914d6412f63022b331c4b8.gif

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, MichaMoz said:

Having to type out words when I could just use emojis.

👍😇

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Creators that send out a sale LM that drops you - and all 10,000 of your not-so-close friends -- right in front of the vendor, in a somewhat tight area that makes it difficult for everyone to stop standing on each other.

An LM for a Saturday sale item (I think it was) last week dropped my into the space between two walls, right exactly behind the vendor. There were about 6 of us sandwiched in there, literally unable to move.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Haven't read the previous 66 pages to see whether this has been covered but:

Stark white, clinical-looking in-world stores with transparent floors and/or/including white mist effects. They seem to have become a 'thing'. 

Loathe. Them. With. A. Passion. Makes me physically nauseous.

You *HAVE* to experience the TMP shop.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

An LM for a Saturday sale item (I think it was) last week dropped my into the space between two walls, right exactly behind the vendor. There were about 6 of us sandwiched in there, literally unable to move.

Death trap!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Re-enactment of “The People Under the Stairs”.

The Hills Have Eyes

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Haha 1