What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Jameson2001 said:

image.png.0ea1f165fe47c0d05fde352fccc6671d.png

People chatting a lot in open chat at Franks Place.Ā  The lag is already a challenge and then sometimes you get endless chat messages going on which add to the problem when you just want to enjoy a nice dancešŸ˜

Ā 

I quit going to Frank's because people wouldn't talk in open. I've quit going to a lot of places because people won't talk in open.Ā  No one cares.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I quit going to Frank's because people wouldn't talk in open. I've quit going to a lot of places because people won't talk in open.Ā  No one cares.Ā 

I honestly don't mind people having private conversations in IMs, I am not going to a club to read about someone being insert an expletive here or that they have some disease or health issue, or how bad their ex was. I go to those places to dance and destress, so yeah if no one talks. That is totally fine to me. It has nothing to do with no one cares, it's just that most people are having private convos and don't want other people knowing what is what about them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I honestly don't mind people having private conversations in IMs, I am not going to a club to read about someone being insert an expletive here or that they have some disease or health issue, or how bad their ex was. I go to those places to dance and destress, so yeah if no one talks. That is totally fine to me. It has nothing to do with no one cares, it's just that most people are having private convos and don't want other people knowing what is what about them.

I didn't say IĀ minded people having private conversations.Ā 

If I don't feel up to talking to people I don't go to crowded places.

The only reason I keep trying is because I am human and need human companionship. No one cares. No one cares about anything or anyone but themselves. There is no give and take in SL or RL. It's all take, take, take until they've bleed the givers dry. I've given all I can. Any more and there won't be anything left of me.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I didn't say IĀ minded people having private conversations.Ā 

If I don't feel up to talking to people I don't go to crowded places.

The only reason I keep trying is because I am human and need human companionship. No one cares. No one cares about anything or anyone but themselves. There is no give and take in SL or RL. It's all take, take, take until they've bleed the givers dry. I've given all I can. Any more and there won't be anything left of me.

But that is the thing, you can't expect people to talk to you. I get where you are coming from, but a lot of people come to clubs just to dance and listen to music. The clubs I go to, the only thing you really hear, and it drives me insane. Is all the gestures. But if that is what makes them happy, than I am fine with that.

Ā 

15 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

But that is the thing, you can't expect people to talk to you. I get where you are coming from, but a lot of people come to clubs just to dance and listen to music. The clubs I go to, the only thing you really hear, and it drives me insane. Is all the gestures. But if that is what makes them happy, than I am fine with that.

Ā 

I'm not a child. I'm not stupid.Ā 

No one wants to talk. No one wants to listen. It's no different than RL. I wish I could stop caring. Then I could be like everyone else.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I've usually found Franks to be very subdued in local. But then other clubs are way too full of fast moving, hard to follow random contributions and those oh so stupid picture things made from lines and stars..........

I much prefer one to one IMs, with anyone who likes to chat. Thats why I go hunting for this prey, its part of my SL. ;)

Ā 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I've usually found Franks to be very subdued in local. But then other clubs are way too full of fast moving, hard to follow random contributions and those oh so stupid picture things made from lines and stars..........

Random woman: ā€œHey sis!ā€

Random Woman2: ā€œhruā€

Random Woman: ā€œIā€™m fine!ā€

Random woman3 ā€œHey Random Woman!ā€

Host: Tp your girl, tp your man, Tp your sidecandy *gesture*

Host2 (why are there two hosts?): woo-ooooooo-ooooo *gesture with long spammy text*

Woman4: Hey Random Woman!

DJ: Donā€™t forget to tpĀ your list!

Random Woman 5: *tips DJ 50L*

Host1: I love this tune ooooh-la-la-la-la! *gesture*

Random woman6: ā€œSissy poo!ā€

Me: *Tpā€™s out*

Ā 

Edited by janetosilio
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

"My profile is almost entirely empty, if you want to know something about me, just ask!"

Here's the problem - I don't want to know anything about you. Not really. I was mildly curious, saw you in a group chat or nearby, and checked out your profile to see if anything caught my interest. Nothing did, because it's almost entirely blank, and what little is there is painfully generic. There's no hooks for me to ask you about, nothing to spark a conversation... so I won't be starting one with you.Ā 

Sorry (not sorry).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Gestures. I despise gestures with the heat of 1000 suns. If I go to a club to listen to music, I don't need to hear the same "Tuuuuuune!" that's been in SL since day 1.Ā  I especially hate it when the gestures are spammed so much that I can't hear the music at all.

Ā 

I do too, but I tend to just turn the sounds right down and the music right up. So I can't hear the gestures at all.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Gestures. I despise gestures with the heat of 1000 suns. If I go to a club to listen to music, I don't need to hear the same "Tuuuuuune!" that's been in SL since day 1.Ā  I especially hate it when the gestures are spammed so much that I can't hear the music at all.

Ā 

It's bad when the host/hostess spams the chat over and over with gestures and sends constant group invites.Ā  I hate that.Ā  Another thing I hate when the DJs talk all over the songs. When I encounter that --- NEXT!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

It's bad when the host/hostess spams the chat over and over with gestures and sends constant group invites.Ā  I hate that.Ā  Another thing I hate when the DJs talk all over the songs. When I encounter that --- NEXT!

The worst is when you have friends who send out mass tps to a club all the time. They do that all the time, they don't ask how you are doing or anything. It's just come to my set or come to my club. Another one is when they bring all their friends into a multiple friends chat. Just to put out their notice to all of us. Okay this all screams desperation for attention and Ls, and somehow because you are in their friends list. Than they are free to mass tp and mass IM to their friends. Another big one, is when you get mass invites to a DJs fan club. Just tell me to click a board or check your profile. Again it screams desperation for followers, attention and Ls.Ā 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Ā 

In Firestorm you can turn off gesture sounds in Preferences->Sound & Media->Play sounds from gestures

I haven't use official LL viewer for a long time so I do not know if there is an option there.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 2

I blogged about my pet peeves in SL some time ago:

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/03/23/pet-peeves-in-second-life/

In short, they are:Ā 

Avatars who are still wearing old system shoes that used to useĀ invisiprims,Ā which are now broken, WITHOUT adding a proper shoe alpha to cover up the foot deformation.

Bling.

Pregnant stomach talkers.

Horrible,Ā horribleĀ freebie stores that are unloading floor after floor of ancient system layer clothing.

ā€œGiftsā€ (especially those at shopping events) that cost more than L$1.

Stores that constantly spam you with landmarks and requests to join their group.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

I blogged about my pet peeves in SL some time ago:

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/03/23/pet-peeves-in-second-life/

In short, they are:Ā 

Avatars who are still wearing old system shoes that used to useĀ invisiprims,Ā which are now broken, WITHOUT adding a proper shoe alpha to cover up the foot deformation.

Bling.

Pregnant stomach talkers.

Horrible,Ā horribleĀ freebie stores that are unloading floor after floor of ancient system layer clothing.

ā€œGiftsā€ (especially those at shopping events) that cost more than L$1.

Stores that constantly spam you with landmarks and requests to join their group.

My biggest pet peeve, to add to that. Is when someone promotes a photo contest, and you have to be in the group. Which costs you money, to just be part of this contest. To take a picture on the dang sim.

Ā 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.