What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

31 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

Today's peeve is the ever-shortening abbreviations people use

IDKWUMN?? AATB! 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Latest one: When some DJ harvests the list in a group and adds all the names to their spambot announcer thing to go to their gig.  Wrong way to get people.

I can add to that, when new upcoming events or stores do that too. Or when they have it in their vendor, so when you purchase your item, you unknowningly subscribe to them. I have had it multiple times, even from a so called reputable event.  Write now a shoe store has done it to me, and I keep on asking the owner of said store to take me off the list. I have yet to get a reply.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

We had snow in May. Snow. It is still May. It is now in the 90s F. I have to run my A/C. Spring? What spring?

I just had to comment on this part.  Today we are in the mid 70s F and will likely hit 80 F tomorrow.  Sunday, not too far SW of the metro area:

image.png.451c8e0ce060c346b7821a35b567cdb3.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I can add to that, when new upcoming events or stores do that too. Or when they have it in their vendor, so when you purchase your item, you unknowningly subscribe to them. I have had it multiple times, even from a so called reputable event.  Write now a shoe store has done it to me, and I keep on asking the owner of said store to take me off the list. I have yet to get a reply.

I've not had one store respond and/or take me off their lists.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Are you sure that it's an up to date rigged release and not something dating back to the Standard Sizes days?

I'm sure. My bad--I should have thrown in some other examples like BF, ML, LG, LP, SH HG etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is more of a RL peeve, but this thread has become a peeve page for both RL and SL peeve's so here we go

Video Game sites that make it abso-f******ing-lutely impossible to get a refund/ cancel an order. With the Last of Us part 2 coming out here in a couple weeks I wanted to pre-order it so I can get it the day its released so I can avoid spoilers (Well aside from the leaks, I already seen those lol). Well I wanted a physical copy, but it didn't give me an option to choose between the two so naturally I assume its a physical copy. I get it ordered when I notice in the thank you note it says "Thank you for your purchase. It will be available for download on the 19th"..... I just spent a f*cking hour trying to figure out how to cancel it so I could order a physical copy because they don't make it easy to figure out

*lets out a deep loud cry of pain and frustration*

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BelindaN said:

For the record, this up -step style is enforced by the tight skirt, not the heels.

This is what happens when you lack experience! My bad.  🙂

4 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

Belinda's comment reminded me that I didn't respond to this part of Dano's post with: One of my favorite FB/YouTubers is OzzyMan (searchable under that name). He routinely does the fight as you just wrote, and it is hilarious, especially when he does it as voice over to animal videos. I totally read Dano's comment with OzzyMan's voice doing the narration. :)

Makes two of us then because I wrote it in his voice!  😆  (OzzyMan is a God!)

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

This is more of a RL peeve, but this thread has become a peeve page for both RL and SL peeve's so here we go

Video Game sites that make it abso-f******ing-lutely impossible to get a refund/ cancel an order. With the Last of Us part 2 coming out here in a couple weeks I wanted to pre-order it so I can get it the day its released so I can avoid spoilers (Well aside from the leaks, I already seen those lol). Well I wanted a physical copy, but it didn't give me an option to choose between the two so naturally I assume its a physical copy. I get it ordered when I notice in the thank you note it says "Thank you for your purchase. It will be available for download on the 19th"..... I just spent a f*cking hour trying to figure out how to cancel it so I could order a physical copy because they don't make it easy to figure out

*lets out a deep loud cry of pain and frustration*

Some MMOs are like that. My man tried one last year and got stiffed and when he lodged a ticket, got stiffed. Was a particular game about characters that uses pets to help them in battle.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

With the Last of Us part 2 coming out here in a couple weeks I wanted to pre-order it so I can get it the day its released

I hope you don't YouTube or twitch stream it because people who do are refusing to buy it due to new ToS rules Ubisoft or is it Epic Games? one of them is doing 'Assassins creed-valkyrie'...doesn't matter, they're both doing the same sh*t. Apparently, those companies (once you click the new ToS) can claim the rights to your streams, videos AND even your face, shut yours down and use them in their OWN advertising and monetize them, on ANY game of theirs you use!

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Pet peeve: Black people being ostracized or attacked and killed in this country. So many news stories. Smh.

Ashlyn and I don’t like each other.

She’s 100% correct - though calling it a pet peeve isn’t nearly strong enough.

I just watched a video of a police officer murder a black man while three other cops stood there actively not stopping the murder.

I watched a video today of a true Karen calling the police to tell them a black man assaulted her for asking her to leash her dog.

A group of racist imbeciles hung an effigy of my state’s white governor in a tree on the capital grounds over the weekend because he regularly points out how COVID is disproportionately killing black Kentuckians, and he set up the first COVID testing areas in our largest city in a black neighborhood.

This has to stop. These are crimes need to be prosecuted. These people need to receive jail time.

Anyone who says racism isn’t a virulent issue in the US has willingly stuck their head up their butt to avoid looking around at reality.

I’m sick of it. Horrified, ashamed, and sick.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Anyone who says racism isn’t a virulent issue in the US has willingly stuck their head up their butt to avoid looking around at reality.

I’m sick of it. Horrified, ashamed, and sick.

There's a club owner in world that don't believe there's racism. I remember talking with someone about me and my man (We're an interracial couple) getting harassed when we was younger and she typed that doesn't happen.  I wanted to smack her with a frying pan. We grew up from the 60s on and encountered many racist things --- then we encountered less of it for some time until about 5 years ago.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Pet peeve #2: I honestly wish people didn’t deny the racism that goes on in SecondLife. It happens so much in many places that it’s why it’s sometimes a risk going into places with a black avie. Since I’ve switched back to a black avie, I’ve been hit with scripted objects and called racial slurs. Some people, especially at sandboxes, always seem to target my avie as she’s usually the only black one there. It’s crazy. But, much like real life there’s going to be racism in SL. Sad but true fact. 

• Sad 9

11 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

think your point is true, but also wrong  :)
For some this might fit, but for the majority who are in the high social spectrum it won't.

My point had a wee subtext to it (*g*)... but I also think it's true. Autism is typically marked by a distorted ability to communicate/interact with the world in a normal social manner. Rigidity (and thus often repetitive behavior) are common. Or taking things personally. And not being able to take a hint, etc. But I'm by no means a clinical physhologist: just someone who read an article once. :) 

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

My point had a wee subtext to it (*g*)... but I also think it's true. Autism is typically marked by a distorted ability to communicate/interact with the world in a normal social manner. Rigidity (and thus often repetitive behavior) are common. Or taking things personally. And not being able to take a hint, etc. But I'm by no means a clinical physhologist: just someone who read an article once. :) 

perhaps the article was aimed at a certain aspect?
The modern view on it changed a lot last years, it's a lot more than what lot of people still see as the one and only Autism.. The whole Asperger section, PDD-NOS and "classic" AS is also moved to the ASS.
You'r dutch  :) hollander...grins... here's a article:)
https://www.autisme.nl/over-autisme/wat-is-autisme/

• Like 2

I laughed at Kira's joke, yay subtext!

I also get how it might hit a bit of a nerve due to one Internet friend I have, and yet another job I had that had me working at a place for kids with learning disabilities. 99% (probably a made up number) of them had some kind of autism disorder, and most were at the low to middle end of the spectrum. My favorite kid, who seemed bright, but a bit scary (he lashed out physically a lot) used to yell at the top of his lungs, "I. AM. ENERGY!!!!!" and it never failed to make me smile. I sometimes say that now myself. However, part of the point being that was my main idea about autism.

I've blogged off and on for years. There's a blogging community similar to a forum community (only a lot calmer, without wars being waged). One of the first people I started following was a grammar blogger,  because, well, I'm a nerd. He's also a copy editor and proofreader, he's a nerd, his brother writes really good sci fi, and so there's some insight into how a writers lives and writes. This grammar blogger is hilarious, with a wicked sense of humor, especially sarcastic humor. He's also self-deprecating. There are a lot of grammar blogs out there, I follow his because he's interesting, a good writer and a hoot.

I'd been reading him for several years, when he wrote a short piece about being annoyed by Teh Experts, and by that he was referring to a lot of people regarding autism. As it happens, this witty blogger is autistic. You could have pushed me over with a feather. Obviously he's at the far end, but over the years he's posted several other little pieces that have given a glimpse into his life, living with autism. His writer brother? An identical twin, who for all I can tell (I don't think he's ever said), is not autistic.

So anyway, yeah, there's that. Totally not a peeve. Totally off topic. But...

Yeeesh, you Dutch people and your regionalisms! 😄 You'd think you're Kentucky and Ohio or something.

Edited by Gatogateau
/me facepalms your/you're
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Yeeesh, you Dutch people and your regionalisms! 😄 You'd think your Kentucky and Ohio or something.

we'r even "soft" in it! .. try calling a Flemish guy Wallonial.. or the girl from Wallonie, Flemish ...or even better.. call Flemish and Wallonie Antwerpians  ... i'd advice to hide for a while :)

• Haha 3

Pet Peeve of the morning: Typing a post in the Forum, about how I'm a nerd and follow a grammar blog. Post it. Have it quoted, and the bit that is quoted has the classic grammar error of using your instead of you're.

I facepalmed so hard my face is red. Hopefully the school marms out there missed it. :)

/me twirls in a circle, sits, wraps tail around and looks innocent

I love irony.

• Haha 5

Trying to get thread  back on track . My    pet peeve is  it is Wednesday and the one favorite commercial i love is never shown on a Wednesday so here it is /// enjoy and note this is not for advertising purposes etc ,,,,

Edited by roseelvira
spelling grammar ,,,doing the best i can what is with the keyboard and i had to edit the edit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.