What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Another pet peeve that just happened. I was catcalled checking the mail today...but from the dude in his car. šŸ˜© Catcalling immediately rubs me the wrong way. Some people might take it as flattery, but I see it as a reason to immediately ignore a guy. Thereā€™s a way to go about things if you want to talk to someone. Introduce yourself. Be a gentleman. I dunno. But donā€™t say ā€œyo girlā€ in your car at me like Iā€™m some cheap streetwalker. Oof.Ā 

Catcalling is rude, crude and downright distasteful.Ā  I can't even understand how anyone can see it as flattering.

• Like 4

peeve

Doing laundry and the dryer decides it will only dry part of the load ,,,, and this is the third try ,,,, iĀ  should have bought a maytag ,,,,

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

peeve

Doing laundry and the dryer decides it will only dry part of the load ,,,, and this is the third try ,,,, iĀ  should have bought a maytag ,,,,

Ā 

I'm no expert but is there a clogged filter somewhere in the machine?

I speak as someone who clogged her washing machine permanently by putting a very fluffy dressing-gown in it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:
19 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

peeve

Ā 

I'm no expert but is there a clogged filter somewhere in the machine?

I speak as someone who clogged her washing machine permanently by putting a very fluffy dressing-gown in it.

This being the dryer, definitely check the outside vent and possibly the tubing that goes from dryer to outside vent.Ā  I once had a bunch of lint caught at the flaps on the outside vent, clogging the flow.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

peeve

Be careful!Ā  If there's lint in there it can start a fire.Ā Ā  You know I bought a Maytag, thinking I'd pay more for something that'd last longer.Ā  It was a bad decision. Many Maytags are made cheaply these days. The dryer repair guy said something had come loose on a cheap part that could have electrocuted me due to certain wires touchingĀ  :(

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

e careful!Ā  If there's lint in there it can start a fire.Ā Ā  You know I bought a Maytag, thinking I'd pay more for something that'd last longer.Ā  It was a bad decision. Many Maytags are made cheaply these days.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Ā  I cleanĀ  out the lint screen Ā Ā  before every load ,,,, ,,,Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, lint can cause a fire. Always a good idea to clean those filters regularly. Those things be dangerous. :)Ā From the same sweetheart, who dubbed the 'Let It Go' song for Frozen too. I really like her. :)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Ā 

Even cleaning the lint screen, some lint still gets through into the ducting (usually a flexible tube that goes from the back of the dryer)Ā to an external vent.Ā  If that tubing happens to kink, you can also have issues.Ā  If air cannot flow freely out that ducting to the outside vent, it can prevent the clothes from drying properly.

While Maytag was a greatĀ brand many years ago, it isn't anymore.Ā  Consumer Reports and other review sites will tell you that a few brands will outperform Maytag these days.Ā Ā 

• Like 5

What Lil said regarding checking the external vent. Cleaning the lint screen in the dryer itself is important,Ā but stuff still gets through the duct to be blown out through the vent on the outside of the house. If the opening there gets clogged up with lint, it will (at the very least) affect your dryer's effectiveness.Ā 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Ā 

You watch Lara LoftĀ (Trautmann for real)? Cool!Ā I used to be in a community with one of her (former?) Twitch mods, so I started watching some of her content. A trained singer and voice-over actress who does a lot of work for Blizzard as well as in movies.

She also was on "The Voice" a few years ago, but got dropped far too early for my liking.

Ā 

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Ā 

This is close to where my fanfic of Scyllaā€™s hot summer night in the monster woodsĀ story was going, but with more bikini pillow fights and less despair.

Yeah, sadly that little fictional drama was rather trodden over by other, not so amusing drama, before we really got it off the ground. Bikini pillow fights and a sarcastic cat with a penchant for toes could be rather... titillating?Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Ā 

This is close to where my fanfic of Scyllaā€™s hot summer night in the monster woodsĀ story was going, but with more bikini pillow fights and less despair.

This is so much where I was going with this story!

Great minds think alike?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is so much where I was going with this story!

Great minds think alike?

Yeah, well I think your cat just ran off from reverse zoonoses of existential ennui.

Not a flounce btw, cats are too stoic for that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Are you for real? What kind of person does this?

They used to do this in the old wild wild west forums way back when, Scylla. You surely must recognize the tactic if not the *exact* footprint.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.