What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

BullyBee

As long as you're not bullying another poster who is unable to defend themselves well, you are not a BullyBee. I don't see you doing that at this very moment, so you're not being a BullyBee.  I'm just watching for them, should they appear.

einstein_world_will_not_quote.jpg

11 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I kind of like it that she's clueless enough to use that as her forum tag thing. It clearly shows everyone that she is operating with a (hypocritical) agenda, and it ain't "kumbaya". 

You can't get more Kumbaya-ish.  Like I said:

einstein_world_will_not_quote.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Something that bothers me often:  People that enter a thread and add a response, yet the response clearly shows that they did not read the entire OP (maybe nothing more than the thread title).

Since many of their responses say almost the same thing as a post only two or three above theirs, I'd go with they only read the thread title.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Something that bothers me often:  People that enter a thread and add a response, yet the response clearly shows that they did not read the entire OP (maybe nothing more than the thread title).

LoL. Then you must be peeved a LOT. :)

One of The Best examples of this is done by NPR Facebook every year. Every. Year. On April's Fools day. 

IF one reads the story, you learn that the headline is a HOAX. However, year after year after year the comments are just FULL of people who... don't read past the headline.

It is truly brilliant. And sad. And hilarious. And sooooo many clueless people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My pet peeve is cats that run towards me to be petted, but stop just out of my range and collapse on their backs on the floor, writhe around, expecting ME to move closer to them, which I do, and then they shuffle away, just out of my range again.

Oh, forgot, the OP said it was SECOND LIFE pet peeves.

There you go, LittleMe, I may have just fed one of your pet peeves.

It happens.

We're all human.

It's like ... why do people come along to those push button crossings where there are already 12 people standing, and the red light is on, indicating the button has already been pressed, but the newest arrival still pushes the button, just in case the 12 of us already there have no actual presence.

• Haha 3

So the BullyBee Watcher just announced, with clueless (or not) hostility, that she sees herself as a vigilante, doing wars and battles, against a certain group of people that she happens to disagree with, and who she specifically (explicitly/implicitly) named in the now closed "HIM" thread in another sub-forum. She has just termed these people as "evil." Yeah, that ain't a hostile posting environment, is it? [sarcasm font] Way to keep your freak flag flying. (freak in this sense is not the positive meaning of "unique" but freak meaning a negative deviance.)

That LL will allow this is my pet peeve. This "bit" of hers is not a benign attempt of kumbaya but simply malignant pot-stirring under the poorly hidden guise of being a White Knight for people who have never once been asked to be saved.

ETA: 'nough said. This poster doesn't have the malignant need to now post and post and post about what I just wrote. I said what I said. I meant what I said. I have no more to say on the subject. Any further pot stirring will be done by the usual suspects and I expect to see the next 40 pages blanked out with "you have chosen to ignore..." notices.

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 3

PET PEEVE:  That people don't understand what evil is. It's an abuse of power. There's all sorts of ways people have power over others. One could have a certain status in life (a teacher, a minister, a parent) where we expect that they should be helping those in their charge rather than taking from them. Most people would agree that it's egregious to take candy from a baby - an example of a severe power abuse. Likewise, a man hitting a woman is looked down on due to the (usually) muscular advantage of the former.   And then there's the power of the many against the one - a group, by definition, has more power due to its greater numbers, and so it is an unfair advantage when the group gangs up on an individual. Even more so when the individual might have a condition that makes them unable to defend themselves as well as a less-challenged person might.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

As long as you're not bullying another poster who is unable to defend themselves well, you are not a BullyBee.

Curiosity - Other than an actual child, who would not be able to defend themselves?

ETA:  I am referring to people posting in these forums, not people in general.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2020 at 3:46 PM, Dano Seale said:

Reminds me of an Aussie bar fight...."fk you"...."nah fk you!"...."nah fk you!"...."nah fk you back!"....."nah fk you back too!"    😂

...And there's a woman who has previous, painful experience of steps and high heels!  🤨

For the record, this up -step style is enforced by the tight skirt, not the heels.

Just saying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ok I haven't slogged through much of this thread. TL:DR ;)

I have alts. You know who they are. It's not a secret. I don't allow them into GD, spouting stuff I don't  agree with or care about.....

Can somebody please explain why some people hide behind an alt here??? Just to be devious? Is it fear? Just why?

If you have something to say, why not just say it? Sometimes I just don't get what's going on at all.

• Like 3

I'm still scratching my head over what exact EVIL POWER I have here that everyone else does not have, that requires St. You-Know-Who to ride in here and save you all. Did Happy Hour start early today?

Edited to emphasize "EVIL" because yeah. 😂

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
44 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

As long as you're not bullying another poster who is unable to defend themselves well, you are not a BullyBee.

Curiosity - Other than an actual child, who would not be able to defend themselves?

There are so many conditions one can have. It's easy for me to spot. But I'd have to say even if somebody didn't have a condition or social deficiency and many people were ganging up on them I'd feel upset due to the power imbalance.

* I think I remember you mentioning being bullied as a child, so I would think you'd understand emotionally how it feels for many people to gang up against one?

Edited by Luna Bliss

On 5/25/2020 at 10:46 AM, Dano Seale said:

Reminds me of an Aussie bar fight...."fk you"...."nah fk you!"...."nah fk you!"...."nah fk you back!"....."nah fk you back too!"    😂

Belinda's comment reminded me that I didn't respond to this part of Dano's post with: One of my favorite FB/YouTubers is OzzyMan (searchable under that name). He routinely does the fight as you just wrote, and it is hilarious, especially when he does it as voice over to animal videos. I totally read Dano's comment with OzzyMan's voice doing the narration. :)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Ok I haven't slogged through much of this thread. TL:DR ;)

I have alts. You know who they are. It's not a secret. I don't allow them into GD, spouting stuff I don't  agree with or care about.....

Can somebody please explain why some people hide behind an alt here??? Just to be devious? Is it fear? Just why?

If you have something to say, why not just say it? Sometimes I just don't get what's going on at all.

Just in case you missed it, GatoGateau = Seicher Rae. No attempt to hide it, but I realize it can be confusing without the memo, and no, I didn't think your post was aimed at me, this is just a PSA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

There are so many conditions one can have. It's easy for me to spot. But I'd have to say even if somebody didn't have a condition or social deficiency and many people were ganging up on them I'd feel upset due to the power imbalance.

* I think I remember you mentioning being bullied as a child, so I would think you'd understand emotionally how it feels for many people to gang up against one?

Is it like deliberately provoking someone who has a physical condition, like, say TBI? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Belinda's comment reminded me that I didn't respond to this part of Dano's post with: One of my favorite FB/YouTubers is OzzyMan (searchable under that name). He routinely does the fight as you just wrote, and it is hilarious, especially when he does it as voice over to animal videos. I totally read Dano's comment with OzzyMan's voice doing the narration. :)

Ha! I follow him on FB and he is great. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Is it like deliberately provoking someone who has a physical condition, like, say TBI? Asking for a friend.

Since there seems to be such a lack of understanding regarding power abuses I'm beginning to think maybe many have TBI. I may need to rethink my strategy due to this revelation.

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Are we back to diagnosing without a license again? Are we clutching the DSM 4 or 5? Or one of the ICD manuals? Wanting to be sure. Coding is so important.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Since there seems to be such a lack of understanding regarding power abuses I'm beginning to think maybe many have TBI. I may need to rethink my strategy due to this revelation.

Quoting just to preserve the nastiness.

🙄

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Key word there --- CHILD.

As an adult that is posting on forums of my own free will, it is up to me to protect myself -- which mostly means to "have a thick skin and not take disagreeing as a personal insult, etc..."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Edited to emphasize "EVIL" because yeah. 😂

That's what evil is, at it's essence -- an abuse of power - according to my sense of morals and many others.

Is there much that creeps you out more than seeing an adult steal candy from a baby?  It's almost instinctual to find this behavior repulsive.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Key word there --- CHILD.

As an adult that is posting on forums of my own free will, it is up to me to protect myself -- which mostly means to "have a thick skin and not take disagreeing as a personal insult, etc..."

I believe some in society have mental or emotional conditions and so we should go out of our way, when we can, to protect them. Child or not.

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

That's what evil is, at it's essence -- an abuse of power - according to my sense of morals and many others.

Is there much that creeps you out more than seeing an adult steal candy from a baby?  It's almost instinctual to find this behavior repulsive.

What does stealing candy from babies have to do with anything in these forums? As Lil pointed out, we are (theoretically) adults here.  

(BTW, I have never seen that happen. You must have some interesting friends/family.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.