What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Peeve from a recent RL kerfuffle (but chances are if you spot it, you got it): people who are all about the sassy ‘back in my day’, ‘ you kids get of my lawn’ schtick but then get all soopa-huffy when you reference them as ‘older’. You can’t have it both ways, you know... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Baked on shadows, fine if you're keeping something as it was made not so great when you want to delete an element or resize 

99% of the time, I hate shadows added to any object.  Shadows added to an object assume that the lighting will always come from a specific direction and thus the shadow will never change/shift/etc....  Show me an item in RL where the shadow does not change throughout the day.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Peeve from a recent RL kerfuffle (but chances are if you spot it, you got it): people who are all about the sassy ‘back in my day’, ‘ you kids get of my lawn’ schtick but then get all soopa-huffy when you reference them as ‘older’. You can’t have it both ways, you know... 

Back in my day, we had to walk to school, barefoot, in the snow, up hill (both ways even)........................

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Today's latest SL peeve:  Stores that insist on having their doors be physical, and they also take forever to open.  

Yup, and I always walk "through" them thinking they are phantom and they aren't so poor avatar just keeps getting concussed.

• Like 5

I will be a grown up feline and voice appreciation that the Bully Bee member status line is gone from the badge. However that came about, I noticed and I am glad it is so. I assume that others might be as well, but don't speak for anyone as there isn't a group, or gang, or entity but rather individuals who speak very well for themselves.

Personal, targeted, one-on-one harassment purely for the sake of harassment, sh1ts and giggles appears to be just fine, however. Good to know. That's still a peeve and then some.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Being woken up from a nap from noisy neighbors riding their motorbikes around the neighborhood before finally stopping after I woke up, and now can’t go back to sleep. 😡😭😭😭😭😭😭

I relate to this all too well, ESPECIALLY of the summer time, I live on the country side, in a small town where some of my neighbors have race cars, so all through summer I hear engines revving as people work on them, as well as Go carts. motorcycles, three wheelers, kids screaming, dogs barking. its just a few of MANY things I've learned to sleep through LOL

• Like 2

So I use Gmail for all of my SL and gaming stuff, and since I have notifications turned on for this place, this threads notification emails get maxed out at 100, and thats happened a total of 3 times today alone. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not complaining about it at all! But I am gonna set it to where I only get one email per day for this thread just to keep it from cluttering my inbox, so if for whatever reason you all need to contact me, shoot me a direct message! I still have it set to where I get email notif's about those

Keep on peeving y'all! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been to bed, made breakfast, flicked through reddit, came here to find only ½ a page more has been added since my last visit. I think I've woken up on a parallel world!  😲

....Dunno wtf to do for the next 3 hours now ffs!  🙄

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

...hands you a box of tissues and a bottle of lotion...

Okay, there's the first 2 minutes. Only 2 hours and 58 minutes to go! 🤪

*passes beth the air freshener, only 2 hours and 58 minutes til you can breath now after my 8 cans of beer last night*

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Okay, there's the first 2 minutes. Only 2 hours and 58 minutes to go!

Haw haw haw...FU! lol
I'll have you know I'm a 'Grand Master' 4th dan at that activity tyvm! (The problems start when I add a female into the equation! That's when your post tends to become reality!)  😳

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I have been hateful on the forums. Lots of others have been hateful on the forums. One person I've never seen be hateful on the forums is Kira. 

In order to be hateful, something needs to be done intentionally. In no way did Kira post that goofy photoshopped toast with an intent to hurt anyone. If it inadvertently caused pain, that's one thing, but this wasn't done with intent to cause pain. It was not hateful to use a PS tool that is the legitimate name of a blend mode. 

Kira has stood up for me time and time again (and don't you think I haven't noticed that ❤️). Conflating what she did into some sort of hate is insulting not only to Kira, it's trivializing the true meaning of hate.

Kicker? Now that is hateful?? No. Just no. Merriam-Webster on the term "that's the kicker".

Hi Beth, I was so happy with your post, last night, that I forgot to say a lot. Most prominently, that I have never seen you be hateful either. Yes, you goof at times. And so do I. And I recall a time, in the Linden homes forum, when we were both making perhaps a few too many pile-on posts, in our enthusiasm. There was a Monty Python video involved, many peeps were posting, and there was much rejoicing. 😁 I actually got a warning for it, LOL (0 Warning points, though, and no action taken, but I got a friendly warning nonetheles). These things happen. Doesn't mean we're evil, or mean even. And many a time I have seen you come out, voluntarily, and say maybe you overdid it a bit. That alone negates meanness.

Seriously, 'mean' is a highly overused word around here anyway. And the times that I've possibly seen it, it most certainly did NOT come from you. You care. That's, in part (if I understood you correctly), why you cannot forever-flounce, as it were. And I, for one, am just grateful for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

99% of the time, I hate shadows added to any object.  Shadows added to an object assume that the lighting will always come from a specific direction and thus the shadow will never change/shift/etc....  Show me an item in RL where the shadow does not change throughout the day.

A room with no window that only has one light in one area of the room. The shadow doesnt really change on anything in that room since the light is always coming from the same location all the time.

3 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

A room with no window that only has one light in one area of the room. The shadow doesnt really change on anything in that room since the light is always coming from the same location all the time.

About this room ... 

15 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

A room with no window that only has one light in one area of the room.

The only way I could tolerate a room without windows having only one light is if that light fully lit up the entire freakin room.  Or, I guess it could be a closet.

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The only way I could tolerate a room without windows having only one light is if that light fully lit up the entire freakin room.  Or, I guess it could be a closet.

padded walls are nice

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.