What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Your training probably gives you an advantage in dealing directly with people.  However, way too many people are far from themselves on the internet, so I'm not sure your training really gives you much advantage in forums.

Let's take an example. What signs would you need to see to suspect somebody has a form of autism?

Or, what signs would you need to see that demonstrates they are unable to process emotions easily?

Or, what would we need to see that demonstrates they aren't the brightest crayon in the box?

Or, what might it mean if a person tend to blame others and not take responsibility for their actions?

Edited by Luna Bliss

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Let's take an example. What signs would you need to see to suspect somebody has a form of autism?

Well that would take some thought, since I try very hard NOT to analyze and diagnose people on the forums.  

Not to mention that many of the typical autism signs either wouldn't show in a standard forum post or would also apply to many other socially inept conditions.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well that would take some thought, since I try very hard NOT to analyze and diagnose people on the forums.  

Not to mention that many of the typical autism signs either wouldn't show in a standard forum post or would also apply to many other socially inept conditions.

I'm not diagnosing or attempting to analyze anything deliberately. I just see it, and I know then what I can/cannot expect of them for the most part. And so I would not criticize them if they can't help their behavior.

My past epic troll in the old forums, claimed she was a clinical psychiatrist, so an MD/PhD. It was later revealed, by herself, that this was not true. Not even a PhD. I believe she had a bachelor's in something. Gosh, people can claim all sorts of things and training on the Interwebs, can't they? What I do know is that any professional, with any standing at all, with any degree of competence, does NOT attempt to, even in jest, diagnose random strangers on the Internet. They do not. Nor do they speculate. Talk about bad practice! That's pretty much the definition of it right there. If one does diagnose over, say, a forum format, especially done without permission and in public, at BEST what you have is an extremely incompetent and disreputable professional.

This type of "faux doctoring" behavior in itself can be triggering (meaning that in the true sense as applied to mental health) and damaging to people who are compromised. Speaking for only myself, I have learned my PTSD can absolutely be triggered by certain things on the Internet and in this forum. I've generally posted when that has happened, as when triggered I do tend to post differently. Faux doctoring doesn't trigger me, but I can well imagine it can others.

More cognitive dissonance being shown there by the faux doctors.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

This type of "faux doctoring" behavior in itself can be triggering (meaning that in the true sense as applied to mental health) and damaging to people who are compromised.

I agree, people should not diagnose others on the internet.

But if I see a pattern of behavior that fits with something I know, and I deem a person unable to protect themselves as well as others attacking them due to my knowledge, I will protect them.

I've never studied somebody taking Candy from a baby, but I sure saw an idiot person cut in front of my then young daughter at a concession stand just because this woman knew she could get away with it due to my daughter being a child. And you better believe this woman got a piece of my mind.

So, back to being on topic and restating my pet peeve, and that is LL allowing a pejorative, hostile, personal attack "member status" to remain up 24/7. I think this recent sub thread shows I'm not wrong in my assessment.

ETA the graphic, for accurate posterity

image.png.e1de30493459293eaac6067809559b9f.png

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 1

Anyway, GatCat, I hope you are over your hurt feelings regarding my BullyBee Watcher title, and know for sure it only applies to anyone I see being a bully.

I must get to RL, though it's hard to tear myself away from such productivity and fun...

* oh, I see you are not over it.

Well....if I don't see any bullying for awhile guess I'll have to take it down, find another title...so it should all work out it seems...

Edited by Luna Bliss

PET PEEVE: (will try to make this SL related somehow)

We had snow in May. Snow. It is still May. It is now in the 90s F. I have to run my A/C. Spring? What spring?

Ummmm... this peeves me in SL because my computer is too close to the window A/C and so now I'm freezing on my left side, and this hampers my ability to use a mouse and keyboard effectively in SL. 

Second Pet Peeve: Totally Forum related. I can't spell and so my text box is constantly festooned with squiggly little red lines to taunt me for my stupidity. ZOMG, this software! I click on the misspelled word and half the time I don't get the correct spelling option but the popup for undo/cut etc. Click click, finally get the spelling option and unless I click and slowly hold the click over the word, it doesn't grab, and if I don't click and slowly hold the corrected word it doesn't correct. I have never used another program that does this. Ever. Never. Anywhere. It is enough to make me say eff it and just send the drafts through with the effed up spellings and typos. That would be scary and elicit a bunch of "wait, wut?" replies. I'd start sounding like ... yeah, no, not gonna name names...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Me contemplates a new game.....................

Nah, I'm not typically spiteful.

dooooooooooo ittttttttttttttttttttttt. Come to the dark side Lil. We have cookies and beverages...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Me contemplates a new game.....................

I like to play a little game I call 'inventing new nightmares for @Scylla Rhiadra' . . . It's been a while since I played. 😈

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

On 5/22/2020 at 8:31 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

.. or those who just put a YouTube link to "set the mood". 

Your choice of melodramatic ultra-sensual singer&songwriter tune does not match my mood to set things on fire, because the credits aren't listed anyway. 🤬

Oh my god that bugs the absolute dickens out of me. Put the dang credits there, and stop being so dang cringy.

Edited by halebore Aeon
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Latest one: When some DJ harvests the list in a group and adds all the names to their spambot announcer thing to go to their gig.  Wrong way to get people.

UGH! I haven't had that happen yet. Hope I don't. That would annoy the heck out of me.

NO ONE likes that, which makes me wonder why the DJs or anyone would do that. Sure, you might pick up a couple of followers, but really peeve a bunch of others. Since no one likes having that done, and DJs are any ones, a little bit of self awareness might be nice.

ew ew ew

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.