What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

Sadly, you're starting to wonder the wrong thing ... You ought to be wondering what isn't wrong .....

You're also being introduced to that user's MO - something which got them banned from both a lightly moderated external forum and one that has almost no moderation.

That from that what you will.

Ah, I was only aware of one banning. Thanks for the additional insight. 

• Like 4

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Ah, I was only aware of one banning. Thanks for the additional insight. 

The other mentioned forum - which still around - doesn't see much in the way of posts/traffic these days i am afraid. Heck, that simple fact/decline is why I joined the lightly moderated forum that most are aware of.

In both instances it was over the exact same pattern seen here.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

The other mentioned forum - which still around - doesn't see much in the way of posts/traffic these days i am afraid.

SC?

I used to quite like that place. And it keeps wishing me a happy birthday every year!

• Like 3

Pet peeve: I didn't watch "Dumb and Dumber" in RL because it didn't interest me, so it is a peeve to see it being replayed here (different script, same title). Joins Sylvia inworld, well, not together, although that would be lovely. But first some kibble and coffee, possibly together...the kibble and coffee, not with Sylvia, I don't think she likes kibble. I could be wrong.

• Like 4

peeve When you are watching a really interesting  tv  show

The high frequency sound  blairs  from the  tv and the screen goes blank for a  few seconds , then this pic below  ,,((( i know its important)))  ///   the noise  beeping  sound  they run the test ///// show resumes only to see   you missed the best part //the show is ending /// the credits are all you see and then a  commercial 

WWOR EBS Test (1992) - YouTube

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Earbuds that always break the same way, a frayed wire right at the connector. So I could cut it off and soldier another connector on, but Radio Shack went out of business and no one else in town has them so I go to order them online and I can get them at B&H but I can get free shipping if I just spend $49 so I spend an hour looking around and trying to justify $40 of extra crap I don't need then just emptying my cart and staring at the pile of broken earbuds on my desk in despair.

Do you have a Fry's? They have a lot of this kind of stuff. I don't know if they have individual electronic components like I think Radio Shack did, but they have a lot of parts.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Do you have a Fry's? They have a lot of this kind of stuff. I don't know if they have individual electronic components like I think Radio Shack did, but they have a lot of parts.

No. The only places I can find audio connectors locally anymore are music stores and it seems like they carry everything except 1/8" TRS plugs.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

No. The only places I can find audio connectors locally anymore are music stores and it seems like they carry everything except 1/8" TRS plugs.

I'm sorry. I go through this sort of situation a lot, too, though not with electronic bits: I need some small, inexpensive thing right then, but it is not available locally, so I have to pay shipping and handling that costs as much as the item, and wait for it to get here. First-world problem, I know, but still annoyink (yes, intended that spelling, lol).

• Like 3

Just now, CaerolleClaudel said:

Pet peeve (of many, many, many) wrt myself: Seeing a thread is hot, being curious, and stepping back through the pages to where it started and then often reading through the whole thing. I am pathetic...

I’d say morbidly curious. Yeah, let’s go with that!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Pet peeve (of many, many, many) wrt myself: Seeing a thread is hot, being curious, and stepping back through the pages to where it started and then often reading through the whole thing. I am pathetic...

I would say you are very patient rather than pathetic, with an interest in other people. These are very good qualities to have. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Entiendo la palabra "manía" como una costumbre o comportamiento extraño que tiende a ser compulsivo.

La mía es sentarme a ver las discusiones que tanta gente con comportamiento infantil y adolescente sostiene por los Mundos.

Su entretención está en pelear y discutir por las reglas de sus juegos y/o realidades particulares... la mía está en ver y disfrutar cómo es que tantos pierden la misma razón que pretenden sostener frente a otros... Soy algo morbosa con eso.

Intento no juzgar pues eso es lo que mucha gente necesita en su vida, o en su desarrollo... pero yo sí que me divierto viendo a gente pelear por juguetes...

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I would say you are very patient rather than pathetic, with an interest in other people. These are very good qualities to have. 

That is a very kind, generous interpretation but in fact is just morbid curiosity, mostly. With me the worst interpretation is usually the correct one, lol. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have a peeve

with the market place in sl redelivery.

You go to said page  w history and you find the the item you want to be redelivered ,

,, you click and wait nothing ,,,

, hummm you wait  a few more minutes 

nope so you click it again ,,,,

and wait and  wait and wait ,,,

so you click it a third time

and you end up getting 12 of  redelivery of same item  when you only wanted one.

5 Ecommerce Crisis Situations and How to Solve Them

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

No, dear, what you are is a rare treasure. ❤️ I always love when you show up; and ppl actually reading what others wrote, don't ever diss yourself over that, please. 🏆🤗

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

I don't think it started on this thread...later on if I get the time, I'll go through the one that apparently has the story. Maybe this is what I get for hardly ever venturing out of the General Discussion section.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I don't think it started on this thread...later on if I get the time, I'll go through the one that apparently has the story. Maybe this is what I get for hardly ever venturing out of the General Discussion section.

Perhaps you could write a synopsis and send it me? Thanks! :)

(giggles uncontrollably)

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

The back story is actually quite a few threads across many, many months/years - and even across a few other forums.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

don't think it started on this thread...later on if I get the time, I'll go through the one that apparently has the story. Maybe this is what I get for hardly ever venturing out of the General Discussion section.

Unfortunately, a major thread was deleted!  Well I think 2 of them were...

The Seeking HIM thread is for sure still there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.