Best Pickup Lines

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Kind of like “My Mother, the Car”, or “Christine”. Or “Maximum Overdrive”. Movies about posessed cars.

Omgoodness, I got him the most amazing present for Xmas, it's a model kit of Christine :D I'm so excited, I've been searching fr this thing for years and I finally found it. 

Oh, did I mention he loves all cars(vehicles, really, of any sort), and movies that involve cars(no matter the genre, or vehicle) are his fav? Heck even the, umm,, wee bit odd, movie "Rubber"(about a tire that kills people, lmao).

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Kind of like “My Mother, the Car”, or “Christine”. Or “Maximum Overdrive”. Movies about posessed cars.

I don't like movies about evil possessed cars, but I have no problem with movies like "Love Bug" or "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang".   It seems very natural to me that cars have personalities and aren't just some utilitarian tool to get you from one place to another and that what they look like doesn't matter at all.  I suppose it's a good thing that my husband feels the same way about cars as I do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know the topic’s half done but, if I’m allowed a late addition, the best pickup line as far as I’m concerned kinda goes in the spirit of that quote from the 1983’s “WarGames” movie: “the only winning move is not to play”.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ren Toxx said:

I know the topic’s half done but, if I’m allowed a late addition, the best pickup line as far as I’m concerned kinda goes in the spirit of that quote from the 1983’s “WarGames” movie: “the only winning move is not to play”.

I hope it keeps going for a long time. There’s a lot of ways to get someone’s attention. Plus, I like having an active thread.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I hope it keeps going for a long time. There’s a lot of ways to get someone’s attention. Plus, I like having an active thread.

I think that's the key to "good" pickup lines. They're an attention-grabber, an icebreaker, an interesting introduction; but that's it. You can't pickup line your way into someone's pants, but you can get the ball rolling.

I got a great opener on Tinder a while back: "Would you like me to start with an inappropriate compliment, an over-cheesed pickup line, or a pathetic attempt at negging?" It made me laugh, and kickstarted the pair of us mocking all the terrible tropes of people we'd met there. Great way to start off a conversation.

• Like 4

• 10 months later...

Using pick up lines is completely wasted on me because I'm about as flirtatious as a brick. I have no idea when someone is trying to flirt with me. My husband had to explain he was flirting with me. 

There was one line though someone said to me that was obvious even though I'm little miss oblivious. It just made me roll my eyes. Something like, "Did my avi just die and go to heaven, or are you a fallen angel?" 🙄

I mean they could of been seeking spiritual guidance for all I know, but I doubt it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.