Jump to content

Best Pickup Lines


Love Zhaoying
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What pickup lines work best?

Here are some examples I like:

- Can I go shopping with you?

- Could you give me a tour of your land?

- I admire your avatar!

- Would you like to cuddle?

- Tell me about you, anything at all you care to share.

- Could you give me some style advice for my av?

I'm not sure I have a "best" one that works on me.  But if he is funny and smart and uses complete sentences he is doing pretty well!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well....

Very early on I'd just rezzed at Miami Beach. I was a fairly basic (but cute!) avi. :)

As I walked away from the tp location, a simple system avi guy said "I like your style". It was clear that he had said the first thing that came into his head to get my attention, so I cut him some slack and we chatted.

It turned out he was new like me and we got on really well. He was my first guy friend and one of my very earliest friends. Over the next six weeks we chatted, we explored, we danced and we cuddled. It was all very innocent fun.

Then he was gone.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

As I walked away from the tp location, a simple system avi guy said "I like your style". It was clear that he had said the first thing that came into his head to get my attention, so I cut him some slack and we chatted.

It turned out he was new like me and we got on really well

A similar thing happened to me. I was a month old, he was on his first day and it was ME that said Hi to him first. (something I had never done before and rarely done since).  We celebrate 10 years partnered in a couple of months :) 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Using pickup lines, in my experience, is nothing more than a means to a one night stand. If that is all you are after then keep moving. I'm not interested. Unlike 95% of the people in SL, I am not, never have been and never will be in SL for sex. 

Anyone who believes pickup lines are a desirable thing (what women want to hear or even men because it goes both ways) should read this: http://www.thefrequentdater.com/why-pickup-lines-dont-work/

 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Using pickup lines, in my experience, is nothing more than a means to a one night stand. If that is all you are after then keep moving. I'm not interested. Unlike 95% of the people in SL, I am not, never have been and never will be in SL for sex. 

Anyone who believes pickup lines are a desirable thing (what women want to hear or even men because it goes both ways) should read this: http://www.thefrequentdater.com/why-pickup-lines-dont-work/

 

Right. I could have titled better. My partial intent was “lines that would get you interested in the person”, leading to something meaningful, hopefully..not just pixel bumping. Hopefully leads to “I want to get to know you”.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I pretty much ignore anything that sounds like it might be a pick-up line, especially from anyone who is not in view distance.  If someone is just interested in being friends (platonic) they shouldn't use what sounds like a pick-up line.  If someone is looking for more than that, it's not going to happen.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A line I actually use is, “My greatest joy is getting to know someone, finding those common truths that tie us together through our different experiences, beliefs, hopes, and dreams.” It helps me stay positive that we will find some joy in getting to know one another, no matter our differences. It helps explain that I want to hear their story, who they are, what they hope to find in life. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Talking to me like we’ve been friends for years already always sucks me in.

Having a good sense of humor, being able to laugh at yourself goes a long way too.

I’m pretty low maintenance when it comes to stuff like that. The problem is those two things are very hard to come by.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

A line I actually use is, “My greatest joy is getting to know someone, finding those common truths that tie us together through our different experiences, beliefs, hopes, and dreams.” It helps me stay positive that we will find some joy in getting to know one another, no matter our differences. It helps explain that I want to hear their story, who they are, what they hope to find in life. 

Like taking garlic bread with Italian dishes for example? Haha! :)

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

Talking to me like we’ve been friends for years already always sucks me in.

Having a good sense of humor, being able to laugh at yourself goes a long way too.

I’m pretty low maintenance when it comes to stuff like that. The problem is those two things are very hard to come by.

My mom taught me that. Just enthusiastically ask how they are today, and mean it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Right. I could have titled better. My partial intent was “lines that would get you interested in the person”, leading to something meaningful, hopefully..not just pixel bumping. Hopefully leads to “I want to get to know you”.

And my reply was "don't use lines". The link I posted applies to everyone, not just men approaching women.

Quote

Even if you managed to find the best pick up line in the world, it wouldn’t exactly work. All pick up lines do, if they work at all, is create a temporary spark of attraction. This small spark will fade, and if you have nothing else interesting to say, which you probably don’t if you felt the need to use the pick up line in the first place, her [or his/their] attraction will quickly dissipate.

I couldn't have said it better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

A line I actually use is, “My greatest joy is getting to know someone, finding those common truths that tie us together through our different experiences, beliefs, hopes, and dreams.”

Truthfully...

If somebody said that to me in a bar, I'd assume they needed professional help...

The kind that involves burley orderlies helping them into a self-hug jacket with the extra long sleeves, that buckles up at the back...

That's not a pickup line, it's an admission of escape from the "Hippie Recovery Unit" at the local Napoleon Factory...

LMAO.
 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

Truthfully...

If somebody said that to me in a bar, I'd assume they needed professional help...

The kind that involves burley orderlies helping them into a self-hug jacket with the extra long sleeves, that buckles up at the back...

That's not a pickup line, it's an admission of escape from the "Hippie Recovery Unit" at the local Napoleon Factory...

LMAO.
 

Lol I actually say it during first or second date. Don’t want to scare them off first thing.

Hmm..HRU is also txtspek.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This thread is opposite of “worst lines thread”. It’s ok if you don’t want to play.

2909CE3D-1FCA-48B3-9F50-B2266EC6D821.jpeg

I have not said one word about "worst lines". I'm talking about all lines. Good, bad, indifferent. Doesn't matter. Using "lines" to make a connection doesn't achieve the results you want, except on a very rare occasion. Using "lines" just shows the other person you aren't very confident in yourself. It's not a good idea even when the desired result is to connect in a permanent way such as friendship.

Consider the origin of "using lines" and go from there. Is it something that really has a place in today's society with an eye towards a more accepting future society? I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I have not said one word about "worst lines". I'm talking about all lines. Good, bad, indifferent. Doesn't matter. Using "lines" to make a connection doesn't achieve the results you want, except on a very rare occasion. Using "lines" just shows the other person you aren't very confident in yourself. It's not a good idea even when the desired result is to connect in a permanent way such as friendship.

Consider the origin of "using lines" and go from there. Is it something that really has a place in today's society with an eye towards a more accepting future society? I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Is it bad that if a guy can make me laugh, even though I KNOW he is using a line, it's enough to make me let him keep trying?  A good delivery and good follow-through can make up for new line even if it's clearly a line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...