Best Pickup Lines

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Donna Underall said:

Is it bad that if a guy can make me laugh, even though I KNOW he is using a line, it's enough to make me let him keep trying?  A good delivery and good follow-through can make up for new line even if it's clearly a line.

Laughter is a great aphrodisiac.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Donna Underall said:

Is it bad that if a guy can make me laugh, even though I KNOW he is using a line, it's enough to make me let him keep trying?  A good delivery and good follow-through can make up for new line even if it's clearly a line.

Only you can decide if that's good or bad for you.

I have had that happen in RL but even then it didn't turn out to be more than just a passing acquaintance. I have learned from others that if you really want to maintain contact, you are going to have to put forth all the effort.

3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Only you can decide if that's good or bad for you.

I have had that happen in RL but even then it didn't turn out to be more than just a passing acquaintance. I have learned from others that if you really want to maintain contact, you are going to have to put forth all the effort.

I am always willing to put up an effort.  But I won't put up ALL the effort.  

• Like 1

It wasn't intended as a pick up line, but when my first partner was exploring my land and I was a few weeks old (rezzwise), I could see his name but not him, and saw it at my window.  So I asked out loud "Are you invisible or just very, very tiny?"  He laughed and took off the prim that made him invisible (in the days before alphas), we chatted and were together for over 2 years.

• Like 1

Pickup lines can work as an icebreaker with me... sometimes. If they make me laugh. Mostly they don't.

If you want to actually make an impact with me, I'd say just act like a normal human being. "Grug want sex, giv" won't work, neither will some pretentious rambling about how intriguing m'lady is, neither would anything involving third person roleplaying a paragraph for the word "hello". Just... be a person. I like people.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What pickup lines work best?

Here are some examples I like:

- Can I go shopping with you?     NO

- Could you give me a tour of your land?  NO

- I admire your avatar!    Thank you (but unless you can expand on "what" you like about my avatar, I'm outta here).

- Would you like to cuddle?   HELL NO

- Tell me about you, anything at all you care to share.  Um, no, we don't start that way.  I have a profile - try reading it.

- Could you give me some style advice for my av?  This one **might** result in further conversation

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Right. I could have titled better. My partial intent was “lines that would get you interested in the person”, leading to something meaningful, hopefully..not just pixel bumping. Hopefully leads to “I want to get to know you”.

Lines, anything that sounds like a 'line' is likely to not make me interested at all

4 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

Personally I find the best pick up line is no pick up line. Merely talk sometimes you get a friend, sometimes a lover, sometimes a psychotic wierdo stalker....its like russian roulette with ims

LOLOLOL - there are, sadly, quite a few of those types in SL.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

A line I actually use is, “My greatest joy is getting to know someone, finding those common truths that tie us together through our different experiences, beliefs, hopes, and dreams.” It helps me stay positive that we will find some joy in getting to know one another, no matter our differences. It helps explain that I want to hear their story, who they are, what they hope to find in life. 

The thought behind this is wonderful.  In my opinion though, this should not be a pick up line that you say as you have it written out, but it should be your goal as to what you want to achieve during a conversation with someone.  So, figure out how to bring about this type of outcome while conversing naturally with someone.   Also keep in mind that many people may not want to share too much about their story or  hopes that they may have during a first meeting with someone.  They may want to wait until it feels for them like its clicking with the other person. 

• Like 1

on several occasions now after a brief exchange of general pleasantries I've been hit with "I'm lagging here can we go back o my place to chat" and it usually results in a conversation not too unlike this ..

HIM: I'm lagging, can we go back to my place to chat

ME: well, i'm not lagging, and i like it here, and the beauty of IM's mean we can be anywhere on the grid and still talk. Isn't that magic?

HIM: but I like to look into your eyes when we chat

ME: that's a shame, I just detached mine

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

The thought behind this is wonderful.  In my opinion though, this should not be a pick up line that you say as you have it written out, but it should be your goal as to what you want to achieve during a conversation with someone.  So, figure out how to bring about this type of outcome while conversing naturally with someone.   Also keep in mind that many people may not want to share too much about their story or  hopes that they may have during a first meeting with someone.  They may want to wait until it feels for them like its clicking with the other person. 

Yep, it’s more a “getting to know you” for someone I have known for a bit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Donna Underall said:

A guy just came up to me and told me he "...doesn't like women that answer questions with a question."  Then stated asking me questions.  Toodles, dumb guy!  

I am always telling my other half off for answering my questions with a question and he doesn't listen. So now I answer his question to my question with another question and see how long it goes on for

• Haha 2

Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

I am always telling my other half off for answering my questions with a question and he doesn't listen. So now I answer his question to my question with another question and see how long it goes on for

At least you know him.  "Don't ask me questions or I won't like you" is a terrible pick-up line!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

This was used in a poetic song by Laurie Anderson. I find it deeply satisfying to listen to her voice.

I love Laurie. If I ever ask for directions from someone, and get a pickup line like...

"Keep going until you hit the place where they're thinking of building that drive-in bank, you can't miss it."

I'll know this must be the place.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.