Best Pickup Lines

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

My favorites...

"I'll do the dishes"

"I bought mints"

"Go take a nap"

"Come cuddle"

There's loads, not sure any are better than any others, they all seem to work quite efficiently at getting me off my feet, so...they must be good, right?

"My proficiency in sensual foot rubs is legendary across three counties."

That'd get me off my feet. Literally.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

My favorites...

"I'll do the dishes"

"I bought mints"

"Go take a nap"

"Come cuddle"

There's loads, not sure any are better than any others, they all seem to work quite efficiently at getting me off my feet, so...they must be good, right?

You relax, i’ll do housework.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Don't bend over in the garden Granny! You know them taters got eyes!

Every year, I pot various decorative plants for use on my front porch and patio. Last year I used a sweet potato as the base for one arrangement. During fall clean-up, I emptied the pot and found a magnificent gnarly potato. I mentioned the tater to Mom, who wondered if it had enough eyes to be worth sectioning for spring planting. I keep a baggie full of adhesive googly eyes in the car (along with red reflective discs), just in case a road sign needs improvement. I plastered two dozen eyes on the tater and took it over to Mom for examination. She approved it for planting.

This year, I put googly eyes on the potato vine leaves.

ETA: I encourage all of you to carry adhesive eyes and red dots your car. You'll see the world differently if you do.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You relax, i’ll do housework.

Exactly!

Those are my favorite kinds of pickup lines

"Let me make a drink for you"

"I'll do the laundry"

"What do you want me to make for dinner?"

It should go without saying..but it's not going to...I don't use pickup lines in sl, since I don't really need to. I can use them on hubby in rl 😛  (and vice versa).

So I have no idea what effective, let alone best, actually are. If someone other than hubby were to attempt to use a pickup line on me, odds are good, I'd ignore it, or turn it into a joke, piss that person off, and have a good laugh. It wouldn't even occur to me, initially, that this is what they are trying to do,  because I have complete and utter blinders on (heh, mostly blind person, with blinders..oh I crack me up) when it comes to crap like that. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Today, a guy with no top on rezzed in my face and apologised .

Wow! Is this still SL?......../me swoons........ :)

PS. I was Wonder Woman so maybe he thought I might smite him.......

Edited by BelindaN
Added final comment.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Odd that you should mention that... not saying the thread was intended to be that, just that a few males decided to make it one. ¬¬

On the topic of gender, just saw someone on another site who had as their gender, “Apache Attack Helicopter”. Since I had seen that a couple places on this forum, I googled it and was enlightened.

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

On the topic of gender, just saw someone on another site who had as their gender, “Apache Attack Helicopter”. Since I had seen that a couple places on this forum, I googled it and was enlightened.

I didn't mean this thread, in case that is what you thought.

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Didn’t think so.

Oh good.

And there is no such thing as "attack helicopter" gender. Inanimate objects don't have gender, per se. Yes, things like ships are usually referred to as "she" but they do not have a gender. 

In some languages (Spanish, French, German) gender is assigned to objects but the objects themselves are genderless. It's metaphorical.

https://www.druide.com/en/reports/metaphorical-gender-english-feminine-boats-masculine-tools-and-neuter-animals

Just as we have abandoned feminine pronouns for hurricanes, and as the explicit mention of gender (when irrelevant) and gender stereotypes become increasingly criticized, many institutions have begun referring to ships as neuter entities. The Chicago Manual of Style (16th ed.) as well as the style guides for the Associated Press and the New York Times recommend treating ships as neuter. However, the Royal Navy and the US Navy continue to refer to ships using both she and it. In general, feminizing and masculinizing inanimate objects is considered outdated or poetic in English, and the practice is discouraged in official documents, newspapers and other formal contexts.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.