Long Lost Places You Once Loved.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The 2 pictures below are the from the Romeo sim which was the original location of the once famous AussieBoys Club from way back in 2007. 
In it's prime this place was vibrant and filled with party people, shops, several dance floors, a large park and small beach. It was the very first place and club I came to as a brand, new noob in November 2007. Now it lays barren and abandoned.
So many great SL places are empty or completely erased as their sims vanished.
We all know places we once loved but are all gone now, what were some of your favorite places which are now long gone? Please post pics if you have them....

Snapshot_001.jpg

Snapshot_002.jpg

• Like 3

Shortly after I started SL in 2006, on my original avatar, I got involved in a sim called MANifesto for a couple of years. There were two or three clubs there during that time and I was employed as a dancer at all of them. It was a fun time and I made some good friends there. It closed down in, I think, 2009.

This is the only pic I can find that I still have. The club was called Reds, and I was one of 7 dancers, we were all named after the 7 Deadly Sins (I was a Neko so naturally, I was Sloth). I took this pic cos Bugs Bunny and Sylvester turned up one day. I'm the guy in the background, middle-left, with the cat-ears and stripey legs.

manifesto06.png.1db2ac33947db90d07bfe4eff3a29f96.png

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 4

I miss Anarchist Bay, home of Anarchist Daughters MC, Hell's Sisters and later Iron Maidens MC. The owner was a force of nature when it came to road building. Every day there would be a new section of road, some crazy jumps, or a platform with paintball or some other game on it. The sim was built up daily reworking or adding new sections. It was always fresh and often utterly befuddling. Most people never managed to work out how to get up out of the town section with the complicated system of roads interlocking and weaving between each other. The photos below give some indication of what it was like.

It has been gone 4 or 5 years now but I still think back with many fond memories from the sim. I have been to lots of motorbike tracks since, and many very nice ones but none have had the complexity or character of this sim.

5aa727c6e4659_Snapshot_AnarchistsDaughtersAnarchistBay(723041)-A.png.231b10b5d18c9c603226d49c5bb15fca.png

5aa727e1ce741_Snapshot_IronMaidensMCAnarchistBay(6323430)2.png.643bd718a351922cecc4d7e364515e92.png

5aa7280314aaa_Snapshot_IronMaidensMCAnarchistBay(6323430).png.8d507a4ba6bf29347202bdd01ec598cf.png

• Like 2

When Madison and I first got together in 2011, our first date was at a place called the Peacock Ballroom. 

Snapshot_007a.png.fefdec9d33cb083ad30a96472bb1bac4.png

It's long gone, but last year, for our 6th anniversary last year, I surprised her by building a replica of it, or at least an homage.

170508_006s.png.0c2fa5a55e87758b764f896216c5d795.png

(I think mine was better)

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

When Madison and I first got together in 2011, our first date was at a place called the Peacock Ballroom. 

Snapshot_007a.png.fefdec9d33cb083ad30a96472bb1bac4.png

It's long gone, but last year, for our 6th anniversary last year, I surprised her by building a replica of it, or at least an homage.

170508_006s.png.0c2fa5a55e87758b764f896216c5d795.png

(I think mine was better)

Great job!!

I don't have pictures of them on this pc, they're stored away on my other external drive which isn't accessible at the moment.  However, one of my favorite areas, for a long time actually, were the Africa sims. Yes there is now (or was, I haven't checked to see if it's still there) a replacement that someone built, but nothing could ever be the same as the old ones. There you could visit countless animals (or ride them..as one does, even when you're not supposed to :P ) There were zebras you could ride, and race, a hot air balloon ride that took you over the WHOLE area and spit out random facts in local chat. (the new one had/has that too, but it's nowhere near as good). There was just something so absolutely amazing about those sims, I was utterly crushed when they closed.

Another place we used to go as friends was the, let me get the name of the place...I must login, so I get it right.  Castle row, that's it!! It was on Hyojong and had the most amazing (at the time) castle built on it. It was home to some vampires, but they were super awesome people. When EA-L closed, and many of the former TSO players came to sl as rather large groups, there was a bunch of us that gathered quite frequently. In roughly August/September 2008, we made many a trip to this place to, uhh...help our friends with their bits, and even clothes too. When I say help, I actually mean it.  They would put them on and we'd assist with ensuring they were in the right places :P It was a super pretty sim, with a really huge garden area too.  There were a few times when just a few of us were there that we'd encounter the vampire folk, and then get in arousing game of hide and seek, or, hide and catch. They were as equally amused as we were, especially those super new to sl. We'd fly around, they'd chase us, we'd run through their castle and hide. Yeah, yeah I know, minimap, we weren't hard to find, lol. But it was just some harmless fun. They were super awesome in not caring that we were spending so much time there, though not even really involved in their rp, part of their clan, etc.. They were just awesome folks, and I can't say I've seen any of them since 2008/2009, which is rather sad when I think back on it.

Another one was September Rain-a hot date spot for a lot of the folks that I knew. It closed after some time, and although I know it was brought back, in some capacity at one point or another, it was never the same as it was back in 2008. Such a gorgeous sim, especially given the fact that this was pre-mesh era, and even sculpties still weren't as widely used in everything.  

Ok now things are gonna get hella mushy....so, bare with me..or scroll right on past, lmao. We used to have a lot of places that we'd go to cuddle, have dates, etc... and nearly all of them are gone :( So, I'm gna share some of those pics...and yes, like I said...hella mushy, and mostly just crappy(I had integrated graphics at the time and they were horrid, so glad when I got an actual graphics card, but I digress..) pics of us lmao :D

Cinderellas

Cinderellas1.png.9b4e6bde446494d7f938f682b3fc3da3.png

Paradise Falls

5aa74319609c8_DeonTariDancin@ParadiseFalls.png.b1333fbe0a170e6ff1199740c11d76e6.png

5aa7438e041af_Snapshot_CollarMeSexy!@ParadiseFallsWalesHarbour(28.png.8a22ae651224ac64395d9c02b6bded5f.png

Hawaii (there is a hawaii sim, but it is NOT the same one, lol)

5aa7433564a54_GazingHawaii.png.57b7baffe1ca141fc9c9fe027a9315c5.png

And last, but certainly not least, the island that was my home, and the home of so many of my friends when our beloved game that we'd played for so many years was shut down...Madness Island. This was home to the radio station all of us listened to, and quite a few of us were DJ's on (both in the game that had previously shut down, as well as in sl. Many a shenanigans took place on this island, many a tear were shed, many hurt sides from laughter, many words, many thoughts, many prayers, many hugs....so very many memories (great now I can't see at all to type). So many have come and gone from that initial first family-so to speak. Some have, sadly, been ripped away form us by life's tragedies. Some have simply moved on with life. Many friendships were forged and no matter the distance or time, will always remain bound. Sigh. Now I really can't see at lal. I need to collect myself. Anyway I will share a few pics of our shenanigans. I apologize for making my post so long, I ca't help it!! Damn you onion cutting ninjas, damn you right to hell!

5aa74552291db_Snapshot_MadnessRadioIslandInodis(22117922).png.cc7cce330b05d4d793a6077fe1440076.png

5aa74565a47fa_Snapshot_MadnessIslandMahala(2016021).png.80699285cd0c511b28e15783ef9c065a.png

5aa7457725a59_ummmhumpingtari.png.77a4d8d70c3cd129a47baa7c10717e05.png

5aa7458886682_Snapshot_MadnessRadioIslandInodis(19821121).png.75cf7f5d14adc28eabbb8fd0f5b977ac.png

5aa7459c33101_Snapshot_MadnessRadioIslandMahala(1936821).png.c92b0a8977e367a6a3335ffe3f542def.png

The first clothing item I ever made..matching pjs :D

5aa745babbc53_Snapshot_SerenitySandyCove(2173222).png.67e888642be10db01fea49a19f46efaa.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I recently found a sim with this neat old fort on a beach with a sailing ship on the water. I was taking pictures (don't have them on this device) I had a friend with me and he suddenly said the fort was vanishing. I look around and sure enough it was being taken down right then. Before long everything was gone, and we were standing on an empty beach. I have gone back to places to find them gone, but that was the only time one vanished under my feet.

My favorite place that is no more would be Sunset Beach, I used to dance there regularly and that accounted for a good part of my income, but it closed, I have had to learn to find more free stuff.

10 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

the Africa sims

10 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

September Rain

Both of those take me back to when Ki and I met back in 2009. Along with the Matthew Street sim  which was one of the first places we lived which was a build of the famous Matthew Street in Liverpool.   I think the only place left that we used to regularly frequent back then is Inspire Space.  We still go back there every year on our anniversary to jump off the moon :)

11 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

Another one was September Rain-a hot date spot for a lot of the folks that I knew. It closed after some time, and although I know it was brought back, in some capacity at one point or another, it was never the same as it was back in 2008. Such a gorgeous sim, especially given the fact that this was pre-mesh era, and even sculpties still weren't as widely used in everything.

Thanks....I created that :)   And the Paradise Falls from your photo too.

Making me smile...thinking of the old days...and giving me confidence with this castle layout I'm having a helluva time with as we speak...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

I'll see if I can find some pics and jar my memory a bit further but ...

One was a four sim area collectively called the Acropolis

I created Acropolis...wow that is from the old old days..

Please send me some photos of that...I'm not sure I have any...or they are long lost...

• Like 1

I have no pictures of it anymore, since my old PC, where I had those, died.

Templum ex Obscurum. How to describe it.. it was dark, mostly, with glowing Flowers and trees, godrays, and beautiful music. Hard to describe, it's been a long time, but I loved to relax there. I acutally even hunted down a song I heard there, which was ultra-hard, because.. that song was sung in no Language I knew, not german, not english, not france, and I found no information on the stream itself. I had to search hours upon hours with keywords like.. "fantasy, unknown language, violin, chello", until I finaly found it. I'm still very proud of that, if you can't tell, hehe. I miss that place, I actually made my first real friend there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I acutally even hunted down a song I heard there, which was ultra-hard, because.. that song was sung in no Language I knew, not german, not english, not france, and I found no information on the stream itself. I had to search hours upon hours with keywords like.. "fantasy, unknown language, violin, chello", until I finaly found it. I'm still very proud of that, if you can't tell, hehe.

So, um, what was the song??

:D

1 hour ago, Pixieplumb Flanagan said:

Oh, the Boathouse.  It was run by a guy called (I think) Sunshine Nadir and it was wonderful.  We used to go dancing there all the time.  Also, remember when bling was cute?!

Me and pixie at the boathouse.png

I have a very similar pic of my ex and I at the Boathouse, lol

• Like 1

In my early days I was a dancer at a club called Dead Dolls on the Anarchy sim. It was run by the Malkavian vampires, if I remember correctly. Dead Dolls was in their castle, and it was always such fun. I spent most of my inworld time there. I'll have to jump inworld for the couple of pics I still have.:)

Donnas birthday2.png

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
add pic
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I have no pictures of it anymore, since my old PC, where I had those, died.

Templum ex Obscurum. How to describe it.. it was dark, mostly, with glowing Flowers and trees, godrays, and beautiful music. Hard to describe, it's been a long time, but I loved to relax there. I acutally even hunted down a song I heard there, which was ultra-hard, because.. that song was sung in no Language I knew, not german, not english, not france, and I found no information on the stream itself. I had to search hours upon hours with keywords like.. "fantasy, unknown language, violin, chello", until I finaly found it. I'm still very proud of that, if you can't tell, hehe. I miss that place, I actually made my first real friend there.

Oooh. I have some pics from there.

5aa7fdb68e366_templumexobscurum_002s.png.eaa697ea8c4abd6ae12b1041485a3f84.png 5aa7fdb9436d7_templumexobscurum_004s.png.cdbcfdcbce06aad66080669e536492f4.png 5aa7fdbb6d44d_templumexobscurum_005s.png.08277ad8f96fea59cb5c7ff46e6f1f67.png 5aa7fdbd650f0_templumexobscurum_006s.png.c15c26b37c87ca256419a286e03e89a4.png 5aa7fdc021151_templumexobscurum_007s.png.464fac9758d9c150884eb981e537f86c.png 5aa7fdc271f04_templumexobscurum_001s.png.23a50749e79bcbd39eaab42dc00791df.png 

Such a beautiful place, can't believe that was 10 years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.