Jump to content

Should nudity, sex and adult sims only be for premium members?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Just now, arton Rotaru said:

After that other virtual world has been mentioned so many times by now, it's more like a promo thread for that VW.

Unless its improved dramatically visually its not a threat to SL, infact it wont be even if it improves, its too limited.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry, but I think trying to police avatars' behaviour on the basis of their membership status is a dreadful idea.   I understand the argument for restricting content based on the land's maturity leve

Posted Images

4 hours ago, bebejee said:

And if you're not a sex bunny why are you finding offense is something decent?

 

That question right there puts you right straight OUT of having any credibility with me. People who ask questions like that should be horse-whipped. With real horses!

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrible idea i can remember when there was lots of uproar over LL introducing the adult continent what was then known as Ursula due to all the sims being named Ursula now called Zindra because you needed to be adult verified or have payment info on file to be able to access adult land and also any non adult land that required it

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

No.  As has already been stated, I can run around my G-rated house naked having sex with anyone and the furniture as it is now with zero worry about being seen.

But I would support going back to the $9 setup fee for every avatar.

   And besides, since no more last names, creating new accounts isn't nearly as much fun.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

   And besides, since no more last names, creating new accounts isn't nearly as much fun.

Maybe they should charge $9.00 for a last name, I would do that.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

At this stage I think it would be a terrible idea. I can't even begin to fathom the amount of backlash this would cause.

Instead, they should be looking to drive better awareness around the program. If you were to start asking people in the general community what they know about premium membership—I'd wager that it would be a total mixed bag. From my experience in talking to people it is. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think your just shrilling with this thread for RLC.    Really this is SL who cares how they limit nudity to paying customers on some sex game?   Nudity in SL is so much more than sex, and proposing that somehow we force anyone not currently (so to heck with the thousands of players that had memberships and might again) rocking a membership to have to go back to the old default system avi's with under-ware printed on their skin (as almost all mesh bodies are nudes), then remove the right to change skin or own mesh bodies to members only...  would only mean that you could probably be the one to turn the lights out after everyone has migrated to another grid.   However since I believe your just advertising for RLC that's probably what you want to see happen.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

$9? It was $5 when I created my first alt. I don't remember it ever being $9.

I wanna say when I made my alt,it was $9.00..I think that might have been 2007,but I'd have to look at the rez date to be sure..

I don't remember paying $5.00..$9.00 rang a bell, because I remember beign mistaken by it and thinking it was just some fee that made my alt part of my premium account, which I was wrong about..The fee matched my monthly fee is why I thought that..

I ran around for like a year thinking my alt was premium..that's how much I didn't use my alt..hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
Link to post
Share on other sites

RLC and SL are two separate animals. Apples to oranges.

I had never heard of RLC until the OP posted about it. A quick Google brings me to a VW that just offers ONE thing: SEX. Pixel to pixel magic. There is an Amsterdam here at SL. Why would I want to go and start a new avatar at a site I never heard of when I can get just that and more here? There are wonderful folk here at SL that offer much more than a quick romp on some pose balls. I've seen some educated answers here. I can only think of the answers one would find there.

Leave SL like it is now. People will gravitate to those they want to know. It shouldn't require a membership charge unless the person wants it.

Edited by JessiSweeney
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JessiSweeney said:

RLC and SL are two separate animals. Apples to oranges.

I had never heard of RLC until the OP posted about it. A quick Google brings me to a VW that just offers ONE thing: SEX. Pixel to pixel magic. There is an Amsterdam here at SL. Why would I want to go and start a new avatar at a site I never heard of when I can get just that and more here? There are wonderful folk here at SL that offer much more than a quick romp on some pose balls. I've seen some educated answers here. I can only think of the answers one would find there.

Leave SL like it is now. People will gravitate to those they want to know. It shouldn't require a membership charge unless the person wants it.

That's that worlds main crowd that it advertises to..It does have some similarities to SL,but you have to pay for those freedoms..I would say more apples and pears..hehehe

There is good people there and more to do than just the sex thing..Some go there to create and to make dance clubs and shops and clothes and hang with friends and other things..Kinda like here..

But yea,there is a lot of sex places there..

I mostly just hang in their forums more than anything..

I've been a member there since 2007..I think I'm a member in just about any virtual world that comes to mind..I just love checking out other worlds..

Soon as one pops up or I find out about it,I'm there securing my name..hehehehe

But really,all the worlds I go and check out,All make me appreciate SL that much more.. There is just no other place that has the freedom to really let your imagination rip to full potential as possible like SL..That I have found anyways..

I agree 100%,leave SL Aloooooone! \o/

hehehehe

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I wanna say when I made my alt,it was $9.00..I think that might have been 2007,but I'd have to look at the rez date to be sure..

My first alt was early 2007. I'm now wondering if it really was $5 or if I'd made a rough conversion in my head and thought of it as £5. Whichever it was, it was definitely 5 :)

 

 

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

don't remember paying $5.00..$9.00 rang a bell, because I remember beign mistaken by it and thinking it was just some fee that made my alt part of my premium account, which I was wrong about..The fee matched my monthly fee is why I thought that..

I ran around for like a year thinking my alt was premium..that's how much I didn't use my alt..hehehehe

And did you think that it was able to do those naughty things because it was premium? :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

And did you think that it was able to do those naughty things because it was premium? :D

I just remember thinking it was part of my account rather than an account of it's own,but since I was already premium,they only hit me up for a one time fee to make it..

I'm in world so I looked up her rez date...it's 12/17/2006..

 

I decided to google it to see if I could find out what it was back then,because it's been bugging me..I actually found a thread on the topic..Guess who responded to it back in 2012?  Twas Meh :D hehehe

here is the link to it..

$9.95 for multiple ALT basic accounts

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ceka Cianci Your alt was a little before mine then, but it does settle it for me. $9.95 was the price and I'd converted it to £5. I remembered the 5 and thought it was dollars.

Guess who was also in that thread, just a little further down the page than you :P

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...