Should nudity, sex and adult sims only be for premium members?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry, but I think trying to police avatars' behaviour on the basis of their membership status is a dreadful idea.   I understand the argument for restricting content based on the land's maturity leve

Posted Images

11 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

I'm a little confused as to what the real problem is, and why limiting nudity and sexual activities to premium accounts only would be a solution.  I got confused with the later complaint about non-sexual activities (i.e., free linden games) occurring on 'sex' sims.  

If you don't want to take a chance of ending up on a 'sex' sim, change your maturity ratings so that you can't access adult rated sims.   Just curious as to whether bebejee is a premium member or not...    

I think the problem is that underage people who are here on SL just to have good clean fun will go to a fishing site to have good clean fishing fun, and then find themselves smack dab in the middle of an orgy and be ruined for life, and Bebe wants to put a stop to this.

10 hours ago, bebejee said:

LL needs to take note of this, there are RL kids .playign this game 

Any RL kid foolish enough to admit their true age or they're underage should be reported and they do take note if they are made aware when someone admitted to me they were underage i did AR and soon enough they were banned

55 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

think the problem is that underage people who are here on SL just to have good clean fun will go to a fishing site to have good clean fishing fun, and then find themselves smack dab in the middle of an orgy and be ruined for life, and Bebe wants to put a stop to this.

The only way underage people who are in SL can enter an adult region is if they've lied about their age when creating their accounts.   Otherwise they're restricted to G-rated regions anyway.  If they have given a fake date of birth, they'll still have to change their viewer settings to confirm they want to be able to teleport into Adult regions.

Someone who has not previously consented to enter Adult regions can't enter an Adult region by accident.   

Edited by Innula Zenovka
5 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

The only way underage people who are in SL can enter an adult region is if they've lied about their age when creating their accounts.   Otherwise they're restricted to G-rated regions anyway.  If they have given a fake date of birth, they'll still have to change their viewer settings to confirm they want to be able to teleport into Adult regions.

Someone who has not previously consented to enter Adult regions can't enter an Adult region by accident.   

I know this, but I don't think bebe does.

14 hours ago, bebejee said:

LOL! there are RL kids on h ere in adult avs, met a few.. 

Oh dear, that's not good at all.

As the terms of service states, users must be 16 years of age to play, and those under 18 are restricted to general land and content. With the exception of 13 years and older users on sponsored estates(usually educational sims) which they cannot leave.

If you see someone who is underage, and have reasonable proof, please do report them. They can get others in trouble with the law due to the content on Second Life.

If you need help doing so, please read the article about it here 

Thank you!

Edited by Chaser Zaks
Trimmed some hedges
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

Geeze, why bring Earl Gray into it? That's my favorite!

Haha...nothing at ALL wrong with that :D

I actually like it too...but...

I tend to just throw teas together and see what happens, more often than not.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I think the problem is that underage people who are here on SL just to have good clean fun will go to a fishing site to have good clean fishing fun, and then find themselves smack dab in the middle of an orgy and be ruined for life, and Bebe wants to put a stop to this.

Nah, not possible to do that with the fish hunt game. You know precisely where you're going before you get there ;) 

OP's just got some issues with some specific lands, they stemmed from getting in trouble in the game, so now....butthurt

I remember back in like 2010 or 2011,we had an adult sim..We also had seven seas fishing on it..

I remember catching the rare ones and throwing them in this Aquarium I made and letting them swim around..

I think at one point I had like 50 or more fish in this Aquarium..The other person and me were up at my place wondering how we were losing so many prims..

Then he asked me ,how many fish do you have in this tank anyways?

I was like,I don't know maybe 50,60,70..I never counted..  He was like,Ceka,you know these fish are like 75 prims each,right?

I was like, For one fish? Holy crap!! \o/

So we found around 5k in prims or so and discovered where the bleeding was happening..:$

Anyways,our adult sim was not a sex sim,like a lot of adult rated sims are not sex sims.. There is lots of RP that is not sex that is adult rated,plus you have some battle sims and so on..

Adult rating is not always meaning sex.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I'm glad you told me now.  I would have been very disappointed tomorrow.

adult-sunday-school2.jpg

Let the record show that Rhonda Huntress has been chosen to be among the contestants—ten in all, worldwide—for the honor of Winning the Internet for the first day of July, 2017.

• Like 4

Kids around 13 and up (maybe younger) being shocked about SL Sex ? really.

Most of them know all of it already and done some things in RL too. It´s not babies its kids in the puberty, having the Internet ! No one needs Dads ugly old magazines to see some ti..s

To the topic:

This would finally bring the end of second life, as seen by many people through all the years it exist.

In the last years we lost alot of freedom in SL and that already killed parts of the fun.

Monti

Probably the content providers and sex-workers who are dependent on this for an inworld income would not like having the  prospective customer-base limited.

Linden Lab might insist on it as an (ineffective) means if keeping the underage out of those areas.

Speaking as one who worked in that SL industry for a bit, I really don't care.

-except- that many of the Non-Premium clients who still have $ to spend are Alts of well-heeled Residents who can afford to pay for recreation but don't want to be seen doing it. While that might be ethically reprehensible if they are cheating on someone else who does not know what they are doing, it's an economic cash-funnel.

Tbh if kids really want to know that sort of stuff they would've Googled it first before looking for them on Second Life, and it's more likely for them to came across adult materials on the internet in general than in SL anyway so.

On 6/29/2017 at 11:57 AM, bebejee said:

Just a thought what do you think? BTW its that way in another virtual world, 

No.

Since I'm almost always nude, and on BOTH 'M' and 'A' land - even though I've been premium since I got my account this would just seriously limit where I could go and who I could interact with.

I would hate to be cut off from everyone I know who doesn't have a premium account.

20 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Adult rating is not always meaning sex.

Not only that, but 'nudity' is also not always 'sex' or 'Adult rated'.

On 6/29/2017 at 1:21 PM, Bree Giffen said:

It sounds like a terrible idea. I don't partake of much of the adult scene in SL but I'm glad it's there because it contributes greatly to the economy and population. Nudity is also a basic expectation for mesh avatars. I doubt LL would want to affect the fashion industry in SL. 

I think most of our animation control and avatar control kits in SL started as or were inspired by a desire to compete with or replace 'sexxy time toys'. :P

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 3
55 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Wouldn't strict requirements violate privacy laws in the EU and parts of Asia? i.e.: in the free world?

I don't think so, in that European data protection law applies to how data is stored and used, and who has access to it, rather than to what you ask for.   Also, at the time of the RedZone controversy I investigated the position with the Data Protection Commissioners here in the UK, and they told me that since LL's servers and relevant staff were all in the USA, it was outside their jurisdiction.

However I do recall that at one point LL were using a third-party service that purported to check people's ages.   For UK residents, one of the options was to give your passport number.   I can guarantee that either the third party suppliers were lying to LL about the service they provided or that they were guilty of several offences under UK data protection, anti-hacking and/or laws about bribing public officials because there is no way a commercial company could have legitimately checked my passport details with the Passport Office in the time it took them to verify my alt's age.

(I think all they did was checked my name and address with one of the main credit reference agencies and established I was an adult, and the passport number was a bit of irrelevant window-dressing, since all the Passport Office know about my address is the address to which they posted my passport, not where I live now).

• Like 1

why shoud be hafta "pay to play"? in the other 2 virtual worlds i come from, you had to pay their premium 20 dollars a month even to WHISPER to someone else, much less have sex... one of tha' reason i love 2nd Life so much is you DON'T hafta pay to play... don't see why anyone should, in my opinion.....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.