What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Landscaping.  My favorite thing to do to relax me after someone has P'd me off.  I grabbed the Trompe Loeil Rain Forrest pool at C88 and trying to make an environment for it using what I have already in my invent. I need some more colour in it now

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 5

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was perusing my Flickr notifications and happen to notice that the picture I took of Gus, the Hangout Bartender, has the most views and likes of all of my Flickr photos to date - a picture that I just took at our impromptu gathering last weekend. It has roughly 4600 views, which is almost 4 times as many views as the next one in the stats list.  I find it somewhat comical - which I guess is better than feeling sad at how little activity my Flickr normally gets.

So here is Gus, out Bartender:

455573165_20180810-GustheBartender.thumb.jpg.31510c913c99a5e63d523e513b61953f.jpg

I have a waitress in inventory that could go with Gus.  When you tip her she gives you a nipple flash. :D?

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was perusing my Flickr notifications and happen to notice that the picture I took of Gus, the Hangout Bartender, has the most views and likes of all of my Flickr photos to date - a picture that I just took at our impromptu gathering last weekend. It has roughly 4600 views, which is almost 4 times as many views as the next one in the stats list.  I find it somewhat comical - which I guess is better than feeling sad at how little activity my Flickr normally gets.

So here is Gus, out Bartender:

455573165_20180810-GustheBartender.thumb.jpg.31510c913c99a5e63d523e513b61953f.jpg

I went and looked and it was as I suspected. Good ole Gus ended up in Flickr's explore, which is where all the views are coming from. The Flickr bot must think our bot is cute =~.^=

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

I'm blogging

Snapshot_001.thumb.jpg.1eca4e319dad4fbfe300528dd7dc78e4.jpg

It looks like you're planting baseball seeds.

ETA: After thinking about this a li'l, I realize that's absurd. The shoots are already up, so you're well past planting.

It looks like you're weeding baseball plants.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

I'm blogging

If only those who view our finalised Flickr and blog images could see the behind the scenes stuff that goes on to get them. I've been suspended in mid-air before now (raised up on an invisible prim, so I can catch that Windlight shine just perfectly on my background and highlight my hairstyle shape), on a pose that gives me a great head/shoulders shot (but looks ridiculous from the chest-down), with pants that don't match and no shoes; just to get a good close-up of a skin or eyes or hair ;)

(And no, no pics, but it did happen. On numerous occasions!)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

I went and looked and it was as I suspected. Good ole Gus ended up in Flickr's explore, which is where all the views are coming from. The Flickr bot must think our bot is cute =~.^=

Interesting - wonder how that happened.

• Like 1

Getting very frustrated today.  I got a gift card on my Rez day - L$500 - and finally decided to pop over to the store to spend it.  This is a pretty large store for a creator that has been in SL since my early days here.  I was so disappointed to find that 75-80% of the ladies clothing is "Standard Mesh Sizes" only.  In the dress section - not gowns - the only dresses that come in a Maitreya (or almost any other mesh body) size are the super short stick-to-you-like-glue mini dresses.  I found quite a few darling other dresses, but all in Standard sizing only.  And I don't really need any gowns.  

*sigh*

?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

7 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

If only those who view our finalised Flickr and blog images could see the behind the scenes stuff that goes on to get them.

Hehe yep. I had to raise that pose, the grass and the prim foundation up enough to catch the horizon without the "field" looking like a square platform. Many times I've maxed out my hover height to get the right light and angle in a shot, then forget to set it back. I'll pop over to a venue or event only to realize I'm floating above everyone else. LOL

• Like 2

I decided to do some inventory cleaning - some of the really old stuff that I just chip away at bit by bit.  I don't want to just trash it all because I've found some really cute outfits that are Standard sizes but still work and a few older system layers that might work with BOM.  Anyway, as I'm digging through this stuff, I've decided I had a major shopping issue in my early days.  Basically, if it was on sale and even partially cute, I apparently thought that was good enough to buy it.   And if I liked it a lot, I bought it in lots of colors.  And in some cases, a sale didn't even apparently have to be a color I would normally wear - I bought it anyway.  No wonder I have more clothes than I could possibly wear in a lifetime here in SL. 

And some of this stuff is really ugly.
:ph34r:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

so far, this morning, I went to Limit8 and bought a tattoo from Queen of Ink, then I came up with an outfit for said tattoo, took pics,  went through them, posted the winner, and now I'm relaxing and dancing at the Sunday breakfast. lol 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 4:10 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

@Madelaine McMasters - Appliers are easy enough. An easy tutorial is here: Tutorial 2017: How to Make Slink Nails.

Yesterday I was making progress on my sort of mission to fly around each continent. I land at various places like the one below and landmark them. Prim full regions, security orbs, and ban lines are such a pain. They crash or freeze me and I have to restart. So, it is nice to have a 're-start' point near by.

It is those instant eject and <15 seconds orbs that are such a pain. The 30 to 60 seconds until eject I can deal with.

I've been flying Kelly Shergood's EC-135. Kelly has made it as realistic as she can. It has a ground effect and SL wind pushes it around. That makes it really hard to land in tight places or so I think at this point. So, I'm way happy with this landing.

Nal-2018-08Blake_001.thumb.jpg.6891a704daf8bc7dbbb8028925eadeb1.jpg

You were doing something fun that doesn't involve egocentric superficial stuff.  I applaud you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.